TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

I've three Musties and two Rancids but cannot for the life of me snag any Brines! Imuh pout!

So this is how the biomes will be normally? Or will the new releases mix in more with the commons eventually?

Musties drop in the forest biome.

Well maybe that explains why i have not found one as I've been looking in the Desert for them haha I dont know why I was there hunting for them haha oh well silly me, saw one but was too busy reading the decript on it to click xd.png thanks

I'm not sure what you did with those extra 12, but you still caught eggs and prevented other people from catching them. Did you give them to friends? People who claimed they couldn't catch anything? People like me, who haven't been able to catch any, don't appreciate competing with whoever it is you were catching so many for. You may have helped whoever it was, but you also robbed the chance of catching a Brine for a minimum of 12 people. I might be one of them, since I was spending an inordinate amount of time attempting to catch them since I'm home sick.

So, not to rain down on your little "feeling proud of myself" parade, but thanks. Maybe one or two of my brine eggs is on whatever scroll you decided to bestow those extras onto.

Just sayin'. dry.gif

Well, I understand that it can be quite frustrating at times to try and catch an egg of a breed that is in high demand. I think every single player here has felt quite frustrated at some point in their Dragon Cave career, e.g. when trying to catch a CB Metallic. It's only human to feel that way, plus I suppose it is to be expected with a competitive game like Dragon Cave. Things like frustration and hard work are pretty much synonymous with competition (just like in real life, e.g. with competitive sports), otherwise it wouldn't really be a competition.

That said, there is no [moral] obligation for anyone to stop hunting for eggs once they have got their pair and subsequenty, as you put it, allow other people to catch eggs. Nowhere in Dragon Cave's Terms of Use does it state that a player should do that, so in fact, a person has the right to catch as many eggs as they want. As long as they are fully complying with the site's Terms of Use, then they are playing the game wholly fairly and correctly.

It's part of the competitive part of the game - of any competitive game, in fact. Do you e.g. ever see a sports team purposefully lose in a major competition because the opposite team has had a bad season? Or in the economy even: do you ever see any company take losses out of sympathy for its nearly bankrupt rival, in an effort to save said rival? I don't think so - that's just how competition (and life) works. Competition is about survival of the fittest, really - it's not about morals or obligations. So there's always going to be someone who gets 'the short end of the stick'. It's no use to get angry at those who had better luck or were 'stronger' or whatever - it's wiser for you to spend your energy finding ways to improve yourself at the game, so you can get your foot into the door and find a way to 'beat' the status quo (so to speak). Isn't that part of the fun of a competitive game, trying to improve your player skills and then finally feel that moment of pride when you reached your goal and became a better player in the process? I personally would feel a lot more proud about myself in that case, than if I had been given someone's sympathy and caught an egg because of that. Because then I didn't *really* do it on my own, you see - I had been dependent on someone else all the while. So I would then rather be independent and do it all on my own, so I can really feel proud and accomplished of myself. Like with the first CB Gold I had recently caught on my own: I felt far more proud of that one, then of the two ones that I already had but that I had traded for. If you see what I mean. smile.gif

In short, my personal opinion is that you should learn to accept what it means to play a competitive game. The sooner you do so, the better you will be able to cope with frustrations like this - and the more fun the game will be to you. It would help you in life as well, because if you can't deal with competition and feel a sense of entitlement in a game, I wonder about your ability to do so in life as well (because life is also quite competitive). Should you ultimately, after a lot of effort, still have a lot of trouble with the competitive nature of this game, then perhaps this game isn't really for you and you might want to look for a game that is not competitive but still challenging (perhaps intellectually challenging, like a solving riddles kind of game).

Finally, there are a lot of generous people who catch extra eggs and subsequently gift eggs to people who haven't been able to catch any yet. Someone might just do that for you, if you develop a more positive outlook and attitude. Because to be perfectly honest, if I were looking to gift someone an egg, I would more inclined to do so for someone who remains positive and humble despite their hardships, than someone who seems rather bitter and appears to have a sense of entitlement (so it's quite ironic, really - a negative attitude is really about shooting yourself in your own foot, bad karma and all). But that's just me, though.

Alright, that's it, as far as my opinion is concerned. I hope I phrased everything right, because I don't feel all that eloquent at the moment. unsure.gif Anyway, good luck with catching the eggs that you want. smile.gif

So this is how the biomes will be normally? Or will the new releases mix in more with the commons eventually?

It will be mixed in. I'd know because I've seen a few Tsunami fly by on the Coast during this swarm...and they were released a while ago...

I the meantime I flat-out giving up. As if the coast was bad enough with trying to catch a Tsunami, and now we have this. I think we can expect at least 50 people to be on that page from now on...

Anyone else entirely given up on catching more eggs during any kind of drop and has one measly egg?

*raises hand, looks around expectantly*

I the meantime I flat-out giving up. As if the coast was bad enough with trying to catch a Tsunami, and now we have this. I think we can expect at least 50 people to be on that page from now on...

I doubt it. XD Just a few days ago, before the release, there was an average of 5 people on the coast at the hourly drop. Guess everybody had their fill of Tsunamis?

It will be mixed in. I'd know because I've seen a few Tsunami fly by on the Coast during this swarm...and they were released a while ago...

Well, at least the desert won't be the most crowded then. More chance of getting Cb Nebulas and Thunders biggrin.gif

Well, locked myself with rancids and musties, time to wait ~5 hours and see if I can trade them for a brine or two.

user posted image

[IMG=http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k605/ThePieGuy1020/EndOfCave.png]

Made a banner for the glitch that occured earlier today happy.gif Everyone is free to use it.

Edited by PieMaster

I'm not sure what you did with those extra 12, but you still caught eggs and prevented other people from catching them. You may have helped whoever it was, but you also robbed the chance of catching a Brine for a minimum of 12 people.

I have to agree that I don't think being a "catcher" for other people is as helpful as people think it is. It especially happens every holiday season: people with their hearts in the right places go around catching dozens of eggs for all the poor people who can't manage to get them for themselves. Except that if it weren't for the horde of catchers squatting on the site grabbing everything to hand out, those poor people would have been able to snatch them for themselves in the first place.

It's more of an issue with a limited release, though, where everyone is really *supposed* to be catching their two and then bowing out to give others a turn. In an unlimited permanent release like this, it doesn't really harm anyone if a user with a great connection decides to catch 12 brines as presents or to trade with others or whatever. Anyone who can't catch a brine has only to wait a few days and soon they will be everywhere. Turpentines were hard to snatch at first, but they could be grabbed freely on a cellphone within a week. Having a dragon stamped with its release date is a very arcane bragging right than no one ever bothers to check. :-)

Alright, let it go everyone.

No more comments on how others play the game.

Everyone is allowed to play how they wish.

Please stay on the topic of the New Release.

Edited by rubyshoes

I have to agree that I don't think being a "catcher" for other people is as helpful as people think it is. It especially happens every holiday season: people with their hearts in the right places go around catching dozens of eggs for all the poor people who can't manage to get them for themselves. Except that if it weren't for the horde of catchers squatting on the site grabbing everything to hand out, those poor people would have been able to snatch them for themselves in the first place.

It's more of an issue with a limited release, though, where everyone is really *supposed* to be catching their two and then bowing out to give others a turn. In an unlimited permanent release like this, it doesn't really harm anyone if a user with a great connection decides to catch 12 brines as presents or to trade with others or whatever. Anyone who can't catch a brine has only to wait a few days and soon they will be everywhere. Turpentines were hard to snatch at first, but they could be grabbed freely on a cellphone within a week. Having a dragon stamped with its release date is a very arcane bragging right than no one ever bothers to check. :-)

^This. Thank you.

You can get as many dragons as you want, so why wait for others to gift? (failed at that; am now on a waiting list for a Brine. ;A;. I seriously hope It's CB).

My brother grabbed a Brine, his first new release egg. :D A Tsunami squirmed on his scroll in the process, but he doesn't mind. But when the Coast drop ended and he went looking for the other eggs, the other biomes were clogged like normal. o_O

Came back from holidays and booom, new release biggrin.gif

Inspite of how hared they are supposed to catch I managed to grab 2 eggs of each (and one stubid Waverunner-Missklick).

So heads up everyone... they are possible to catch. My connection is really not fast - it only requires a little luck.

Gr... curse you internet! It's suddenly being ridiculously slow... gr...

holy! I just saw TWO metallics in the cave!

holy! I just saw TWO metallics in the cave!

Really? O_O I haven't seen any metallics in the Coast so far, unlike during the Gwyvern/RB release when I saw a couple, plus a lot of Ices. I was starting to think that the Coast really does get less rares.

Anyone else entirely given up on catching more eggs during any kind of drop and has one measly egg?

*raises hand, looks around expectantly*

same here Im done for now...I give up

So i just found out about the drop today. ekk I saw that Musties drop in the forest biome, where can I find brine and rancid eggs?

Thanks for any help given smile.gif

Yay! One more Rancid. I guess I'll just go back to my normal breeding/catching now. The Coast is a bit to competitive for me now. I'll try to get another CB Brine in the future.

Bloodyrose13,

You can find the Rancids in the Desert maybe the Volcano too.

Brines are at the Coast but are the really hard to grab ones this release. I feel really lucky that I have even one.

Edited by Zucni

Seeing metallics (or any other egg other than the New Release eggs) in the cave is not relevant to the New Release topic. Please be sure your posts are relevant.

edit: Brines are in the coast and rancids are in the volcano and desert.

Edited by rubyshoes