BlazingAces

Y U NO NORMAL?! ~Black Alts~

user posted image

user posted image

(^^ Got all these little beauts today)

Are the Normal:Alt ratios way out of wack or have the Black alts finally decided to revolt & dominate DC?

Either way I'm enjoying this quite a bit, though I'm in need of some normal hatchlings for breeding projects.

I've gotten about 24 black alts in the matter of 6 days & about 8 have been my own self hatched eggs. Normally I'd never have luck getting a black alt to hatch.

Anyone else notice this?

Edited by BlazingAces

Yes I do. My black eggs from AP, breed or trade all turned alts these few days. I think the ratio has been changed or something blink.gif

Aha! So it isn't only me. I just wonder if & when the ratios will switch back to normal.

Some people were talking about never getting black alts & now all of a sudden they seem to be falling right out of the DC sky.

Maybe it's like with the Nebulas now and the ratio is 50:50.

It seems only the ratios for the Sitting Black Alts have increased, right? Because if there was an increase in Alt Blacks in general, I imagine we would have seen an increased number of Curled Black Alts as well - which I have not. Or perhaps some of you have? unsure.gif

Well I guess I should start hatchling. My last one was an alt and I'd still like a few more male alts since I have 5 females compared to 2 males...and an S1 frozen one. I probably don't have that luck and instead will just get normal ones.

Also the last time there was a massive increase of alts was because of a purging of burned scrolls...allegedly. So I'm sure this will even out sooner or later...or you can help it along by releasing non alt dragons.

Oh my God. I saw someone post about this recently and I thought he just had good luck, so I overlooked it.

fffffff-, when I'm done being egg locked I'm grabbing a ton of blacks.

Individual adult/frozen dragons stop counting towards their breed ratios after 1 year. Trying to remember, but a couple years back there was a glitch that had pretty much all blacks being alt for a while (including CBs). I'm wondering if the timing of this glut is coinciding with that incident. ...after a year a bunch of alts stop counting.. so there is a glut of new ones to make up for loss. another year passes and those stop counting and a new glut is occurring.

Yeah, I never thought I'd get a black alt, much less a sitting black alt 2nd gen I bred myself. Although I thought I'd never get a holly or CB Blacks and now I have them. Joy.

Both of the black eggs I bred a few days ago turned out to be alts. I didn't count on that, lol.

I don't know why everyone is freaking out about this. Ratios in DC alter all the time, the game would be boring if they didn't.

Sitting alts are becoming more common than regulars, but curled alts have all but disappeared. I used to not be able to get alts for my black lineages, but now I have trouble getting regulars >.>

Yes, I observed quite some blacks turning to alts. But my blacks breed so badly I just don't get any black eggs! sad.gif

Almost all my blacks lately have been alting. It's driving me crazy because I have checker lineages that require normal ones.

Yes, I thought it was weird when I caught an alt in the AP yesterday, despite refreshing over it 5 times.

Oh boy, I think I'm going to go breed a ton of 2nd gen blacks. xd.png

Individual adult/frozen dragons stop counting towards their breed ratios after 1 year.  Trying to remember, but a couple years back there was a glitch that had pretty much all blacks being alt for a while (including CBs). I'm wondering if the timing of this glut is coinciding with that incident. ...after a year a bunch of alts stop counting.. so there is a glut of new ones to make up for loss.  another year passes and those stop counting and a new glut is occurring.

D: I must get a CB Black & test this theory out. CB Alt ftw!

I never knew that adults/frozen dragons stoped counting towards their breed ratio after a year but that does make sense.

I also haven't seen/gotten any curled alts so I guess it's safe to say this only applies to sitting alts.

@TheGrox

Sorry, didn't mean for it to seem like i was freaking out ^^'

I know the ratios change but they usually don't change this drastically. It's usually a change that happens over a period of time. Not over night.

It's actually after they're frozen, because they can't be put into progress as making more blacks, so the cycle stops.

....the only ONE time i need a normal black hatchie, i discover this... D: well, time for breed my cb blacks!

My stupid blacks won't breed. biggrin.gif

When I'm searching for alts, all the blacks I get hatch regular. And when I have all I needed, this comes. blink.gif

On the other hand, I haven't seen many alt vines around. Have you?

It;s so beautiful *o*.

I'm in the process of making an alt lineage, and its working out so well O.o

Oh wow! And I thought I was lucky having the last Black I grab from the AP hatch alt.