BlazingAces

Y U NO NORMAL?! ~Black Alts~

So, did the black ratios change? If so, what also has changed, maybe the GoN summonings?

As of now only the Sitting Black alt ratio seems to have changed.

I tried to summon a few minutes ago & it failed so I'm guessing the GoN ratio is still the same.

Everything else seems normal as of now.

D: I must get a CB Black & test this theory out. CB Alt ftw!

I never knew that adults/frozen dragons stoped counting towards their breed ratio after a year but that does make sense.

I also haven't seen/gotten any curled alts so I guess it's safe to say this only applies to sitting alts.

You cannot get a CB alt (unless you won an honorable mention in the christmas contest). The GLITCH I was talking about happened a few years ago. Because of ratios and how ratios count for 1 year and then stop counting... a year after the alt glitch all those alts stop counting towards ratios... so there is then a glut of bred black eggs that will hatch alt to bring the ratios back in balance. A year after those dragons stop counting, there is another glut to bring ratios back in balance. I just can't remember the exact timing of the original glitch incident to say for certain if the recent run of alts is related to it and is just a ratio balancing issue.

As for sitting alts vs curled alts.. they flip flop. We go through a period of time of one type while the other type stops appearing. Then after about 12-18 months they switch.

I was expecting it to be harder... But maybe it helps when you breed it with a holiday dragon.

It's by complete chance. It's a 50/50 shot. Although it seems to be 80/20 now.

@GoN person: The black ratio wouldn't have any affect on anything else, because it's only affecting that type of dragon. Because GoNs are so rare, their ratio is fixed, basically.

Edited by Ashes The Second

The last two Black dragons I got my hands on before the one that hatched recently have been Alts as well. I'm just hoping this one turns out to be a female.

Yep, I've been getting a lot of black alts lately.

>Alt blacks everywhere

>Metallics everywhere

WHAT'S GOING ON? D:

People finally getting what they wished for?

Now if only Neglecteds were this easy to get tongue.gif

& I'm so not hinting to a certain someone..... *inserts wink here*

Seems the ratios haven't switched back yet so i have another day to search for some more alts.

I'm in need of a male black alt. ANyone with one wanna send me one? XF Also in need of a male black normal, but will deal with that once everything evens out. Either way this is awesome.

>Alt blacks everywhere

>Metallics everywhere

WHAT'S GOING ON? D:

Metallics everywhere? REALLY?! dude give me some of your luck. i've been trying to breed a gold egg from one of my breeding pairs for an IOU since fracking JANUARY and I either get NO EGG or a stupid pink!

I'm in need of a male black alt. ANyone with one wanna send me one? XF Also in need of a male black normal, but will deal with that once everything evens out. Either way this is awesome.

If your not worried about the lineage i can give you this one but you will need to PM me a trade link with a random egg that you don't need. All my magis are on cooldown.

^Thanks for the offer, but I kinda don't have anything I wanna give up atm

Got another alt and froze it. Frustrating, yeah.

^Thanks for the offer, but I kinda don't have anything I wanna give up atm

Oh sorry. I didn't realize you were egg locked & unable to pick up a random egg from the AP. When my magis cool down tomorrow ill send you a trade link for the hatchling via PM. Hopefully he won't mature before then.

Edit: Never mind he matured when i checked my scroll this morning :|

Edited by BlazingAces

I liked how things kept turning out alt, so I took my 2nd-gen PB Alt Black (I got him for a 3rd-gen stairstep pink hatchling, so I was lucky) and bred him with one of my several 2nd-gen PB Vines. this is how they've gone so far. 60% of their offspring have come out alt - 2 Alt Blacks, 2 regular Vines, and one Alt Vine.

With any luck, my two PB Vine eggs I have will both be alts. That'd make my day. XD

I am not sure why it is happening but I must say I love it, I have been trying for ages to get my sitting alts, we had that do not breed thing going on awhile back were some of us were not breeding our blacks, to try to get them back in the cave and all. I am not sure if that helped or not but I am very happy to have been getting these sitting alts I have one rite now on my scroll actually which i intend to gift to someone who I think will let it grow up but its ok he has no alt black and is a new member so anything to help smile.gif

All four of my black eggs hatched alt. It's kind of annoying now, since I needed two of those for my black lineage. Oh well XD

Ratios are definitely wonky. I have a heck of a time getting a black to alt but my second gen PB hatched alt today.

I just hope it holds true for the 2 blacks in my clutch right now - I'd love them to be alts! Considering that CB Blacks are so hard to find right now, the number of blacks out there in general is a little skewed, I think...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to have noticed this. I've bred a lot of alt blacks over the past couple of weeks, and I can't even remember the last time I got a regular black hatchling.

Yeh, my first three Black eggs were ALL Alt... huh.gif I was like, OMG, is my scroll enchanted or something?! Then I sent my friend a nice-lineaged Black egg and though she already had two Blacks it hatched into an Alt as well, which caused me to lose bragging rights... biggrin.gif

Now if only Neglecteds were this easy to get tongue.gif

& I'm so not hinting to a certain someone..... *inserts wink here*

Seems the ratios haven't switched back yet so i have another day to search for some more alts.

Well...they're having some trouble right now, so don't expect to see any for a while.

I'm also hitting the metallic luck right now. It's been a year or more since I last bred any...actually it has been a year. The last ones I bred were march through June. I just checked and all my other metals except for 3 were all bred late Feb-June. Maybe it's the spring air.