BlazingAces

Y U NO NORMAL?! ~Black Alts~

Just popped my head into Silvis. 11 alts, not a regular in sight. huh.gif Although I'm very grateful that this alt surge meant that my 2nd gen Black from Black x Holly hatched alt. biggrin.gif Can't complain!

I will, however, complain that I'm not having this mystical metallic luck that every other bugger seems to be having. =< Not a thing, even with Fertility.

enjoy it while you can, as DC has proven, everything has a season and seasons must end tongue.gif

I'd love to get some 2nd gen black alts to let grow and clean out all my long messy lines

but never have space to breed and hatch them wink.gif

Edited by Merenwen

I've actually started a side-lineage to my Loki black project since all of my eggs are hatching alt, ^^; Now if only I could get the other 30 some CB blacks that I need in order to get all of the alts that I need for that project before the ratios pop back into normal mode... x_x;

Just popped my head into Silvis. 11 alts, not a regular in sight. huh.gif Although I'm very grateful that this alt surge meant that my 2nd gen Black from Black x Holly hatched alt. biggrin.gif Can't complain!

I will, however, complain that I'm not having this mystical metallic luck that every other bugger seems to be having. =< Not a thing, even with Fertility.

I know! No metallics for me since 2009. huh.gif

Though I love that my 3rd gen black hatched alt. <3

5 eggs and they all hatched alt :3 Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Does anyone think this may be a St. Patricks day thing? Or is it a coincidence?

If it was a St Patrick's Day thing then you'd expect alt greens, not blacks. xd.png

If it was a St Patrick's Day thing then you'd expect alt greens, not blacks. xd.png

I dunno, the blacks do have a "faint green glow" smile.gif

And thanks to this post I got my first alt black ever from my blks this week! Thanks for the heads up!!

Edited by Mazzy

Heh. I finally decide to start collecting stage 1 hatchlings, and all the curled Alt Blacks have vanished. Figures, I have all I need of the standing Alts. They were common like this when I first joined, but that was 4 years ago, so this must be the ratios swinging back. Want my curled Alt, though, so dang it, level out already.

I've seen people mention they have noticed some non alts. I did check some hatcheries and every one of them was a CB black. Also my other two black eggs hatched alt.

Yeah, CB Blacks seem to hatch normal, while bred ones hatch alt.

*just started collecting Blacks from the AP* I love this.

Yeah, CB Blacks seem to hatch normal, while bred ones hatch alt.

*just started collecting Blacks from the AP* I love this.

ALL CB blacks are normal unless they are prizes - and this isn't prize season. biggrin.gif WEIRD though, isn't it ! I am collecting an army while I can !

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how long this has been going on for?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6S4Sl

This is the last normal black that I own or was bred. I also don't breed mine often so this probably isn't even a close date of when the whole "no normal" business started.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how long this has been going on for?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6S4Sl

This is the last normal black that I own or was bred. I also don't breed mine often so this probably isn't even a close date of when the whole "no normal" business started.

It's probably been about two months, as this started up just after I met my bf and I was sooo excited over it, and then it was all 'meh.' It's really rather annoying because I want a normal black to have grow up without becoming alt, but they are pretty when they're with their alt counterparts.

right now I have a bred black egg. Right now I just hope it's male, cuz I need male black normal and alt

Does anyone know if this is a glitch or is it the new "normal"?

I feel like lately every black egg I grabbed (when I could, cuz now you don't see any black eggs in the AP) or bred turned alt. Before this the most alts I was able to get was a clutch of 4 on my scroll form bred eggs.

What's weird is I can't get a vine to alt at all, which is why I'm wondering if this is a glitch & it's effecting not only blacks, but vines as well. ^^;

Maybe it is a glitch. I've hatched 8 vines in the last two weeks and not a single one was a alt.

I've been noticing a sudden change in alt black ratios as well... Not that I'm going to complain about it very much. xd.png Although I do have a naming project going on where I freeze all my alt-lotto-fails (the ones that didn't turn out alt) and name them according to the lyrics of a song... But now it might look weird if I suddenly start turning to alt blacks instead of normals...

So who knows? Though I really do wonder if the alts are going to become normal and vise-versa... I wish TJ'd clear it up for us. xd.png

I'm personally loving the alt explosion. Before, all of my alts were fugly inbreds & humongously lineaged... now I actually have a small handful of nice 2nd & 3rd gens, & I wouldn't mind a few more before they taper off.

ALL CB blacks are normal unless they are prizes - and this isn't prize season. biggrin.gif

Lol true, I've just read about it on the Wiki. c:

What's weird is I can't get a vine to alt at all, which is why I'm wondering if this is a glitch & it's effecting not only blacks, but vines as well. ^^;

Maybe it is a glitch. I've hatched 8 vines in the last two weeks and not a single one was a alt.

My friend's Vine hatched alt a few days ago. http://dragcave.net/lineage/JBHdb This Vine's father is an Alt Vine, but as far as I know, alt parents don't always have alt children. I think it was pure luck and the ratios in this case stay as they were before.

So why the black alt explosion and the ratios for the alt vines have remained the same?

Well I doubt it's a glitch, but knowing when people's last non alts hatched can pinpoint a general time they all started hatching alt. It would also show if it was a gradual change, which would definitely means something's off, or something that happened all together, meaning maybe something has been changed.

So why the black alt explosion and the ratios for the alt vines have remained the same?

I dunno but I had such hopes. I now have two vines called "disappointing...."

Well I doubt it's a glitch, but knowing when people's last non alts hatched can pinpoint a general time they all started hatching alt. It would also show if it was a gradual change, which would definitely means something's off, or something that happened all together, meaning maybe something has been changed.

True. Just makes no since on why it's a alt black explosion and nothing is going on with the vines. :/