BlazingAces

Y U NO NORMAL?! ~Black Alts~

Curled alts are rare during the sitting phase? I don't believe there has been a single curled alt since when they switched over.

And it appears there have been no normal blacks save CBs to my knowledge. If this isn't the case, then the normal:alt ratio is greatly upset. Normals are rarer than alts used to be.

Edited by Ashywolf

Something is definitely out of whack. I've hatched 10+ blacks in the past few weeks and all have been alts.

I am enjoying them, but now that other people have mentioned it, I'm worried that this is going to come back to bite us. It's hard to enjoy the flood of epic right now if it means we're going to have 1% or lower alt rates in the future.

I also agree with Ashywolf about not having seen any curled alts for quite some time. I think it's neat how the alts seem to switch back and forth between one or the other being rarer, but it really does seem like at the moment only one phase exists. Can't it be like a 10% ratio for the non-current phase? That'd still make them quite rare, but not, well, absent.

Discussion of ratios and suggesting of ideas aside--I really, really wish SOMEONE would come out and tell us what's going on. Did TJ change something? Did the people who sprited the blacks change something? Why isn't anyone in the know talking about it? ;___;

another Black Hatch to an alt, http://dragcave.net/lineage/D20Ti

I really like them but now I think it take much longer to make my Blue Nebula x Normal Black Lineage. first my Nebulas always get the wrong color and now every Black hatch to an alt Black xd.png

To bad that Pair don't lay a 4th Black egg. Woud be nice 4 alt black in a row.

http://dragcave.net/progeny/OrN14

But at least I have now a better chance as by Blacks (who all hatch to an alt) that the Nebula get the right color rolleyes.gif

Discussion of ratios and suggesting of ideas aside--I really, really wish SOMEONE would come out and tell us what's going on. Did TJ change something? Did the people who sprited the blacks change something? Why isn't anyone in the know talking about it? ;___;

These are things I've been wondering too. While I'm enjoying the flood of alts while it lasts, it would be nice to know what's going on, since something is clearly out of the usual. I hope this doesn't mean that in the future it'll be next to impossible to get alts. xd.png That would suck.

If anyone has a black hatchie to spare, I have none as of yet <.< >.>"

But I noticed a lot of nebulas are alting as well as the blacks (except my blacks. If they even produce an egg.)

Edited by Lolchen

Question: it seems like all the Alt Blacks I'm seeing lately are the sitting up versions. Are the cute little curled up Alts still around, or did they retire?

they rotate... you get one type for about a year and then they switch..

If anyone has a black hatchie to spare, I have none as of yet <.< >.>"

But I noticed a lot of nebulas are alting as well as the blacks (except my blacks. If they even produce an egg.)

I have this really nice hatchie that I bred last week. I'd be more than happy to let you adopt it since you don't have one yet. Send me a PM if you'd want it :]

_______

I cant help but wonder if TJ is planning on retiring the alt black sprite completely & this is their final farewell... though I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

I prefer the alts to normal hatchies. So I don't care.

I have produced 9 alts in the past month and a half, and no regulars. As long as I manage to catch my current hatchling in S2 and freeze her (providing the influence worked), I'll be stopping for a bit to continue my hatchling collecting. Hopefully, by the time I get to the end of my first scroll page, I can get my regular blacks.

You know, even if the Alts become commonplace I'll still <3 them.

Going to start breeding my low gen metallics for alt blacks while it lasts....

A day or so ago I was hunting the AP with someone and we saw two alts get dumped. I got one and they got the other...but only after they were tossed back a second time.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/L6TRm Her lineage isn't great but it's not terrible either. The other person also did not realize we have had no bred non alts until they checked some fansites.

I actually just found out about this and freaked out. Alt Blacks are my favorite type of dragon and I have virtually none. I am now officially playing the alt lottery for the next few weeks. xd.png I really hope this holds out!! (Too bad I haven't caught a black egg so far with a nice lineage).

A hoarding we will go~

A hoarding we will go~

OTL

This is messing up my planned lineage... lol.

Never thought I'd be displeased to get an alt.

My past three breedings of blacks resulted in alts! I'm still not complaining at this point because, as you can tell from my signature, I love alt blacks. :P

But I do need my next breeding for my current alt hatchie to result in a regular black. Going to be interesting if I can't coax one out of "him". (Oh please gender right!)

I think is getting really annoying since I can't continue a checker lineage I'm working on. It was cool in the start but now is just too much since I need regular blacks for my lineage.

I really hope the alts flood stops soon.

Edited by vythalax

I hope it stops soon, too.

I liked the rush of a black egg turning before...

Now I get a rush if I see a reg. black dry.gif

Well if thats the case, i guess i wont breed my blacks anytime soon.

I like the normal blacks more than the alts.

Just hope this will change back to normal laugh.gif

It figures that I find out about this hours before it's likely going away (assuming this is what the planned maintenance is all about anyhow) and the only black dragon I own decided he didn't feel like producing an egg today. xd.png oh well, better luck next time one can hope =)