BlazingAces

Y U NO NORMAL?! ~Black Alts~

... haaah. I guess I picked a good time to decide to try and get female black alts to go with the male ones I already have. I was wondering what was up when all the eggs I bred hatched alts... Hooray!

I've seen several normal black hatchies on the click sites, so I think they're not all becoming alts. dry.gif

Did you look through the lineage and confirm that they are not CBs?

Happened to me too. I thought that maybe thr ratios were switched around for some reason.

I joined at the start of this alt breeding boom, since my first two Blacks alted. I like it, but am starting to think that it would be nice to see a few normal hatchies that aren't CB around.

Kinda takes away the excitement and specialness of getting a Black alt, eh? mellow.gif

And yup, I have 3 or 4 lineages that are now at a standstill due to this.

Edited by Nureyev

just a bit longer, I am almost to my 20 2nd gen PB mark...6 male and 5 female left

Another one of my blacks just alted...hoping for 1-3 more while this lasts; I'm enjoying it. Sorry to those whose lineages are messed up by the run of alts though. :/

Now I wish we'd get a run of vine alts...

If only black alts gonna hatch.... All the even gens with normal blacks gonna be destroyed sleep.gif

The only regulars I am seeing are CB. The length of time this has been going on for is much too long for it to be a "glitch" I think.

I am wondering... is it possible TJ tweaked the black ratios to make the alts no longer rare but more like the nebulas? 50/50 shot of getting either.. but being that alts were rare they now have to get their numbers up to ratio equilibrium with the regulars?

The only regulars I am seeing are CB. The length of time this has been going on for is much too long for it to be a "glitch" I think.

I am wondering... is it possible TJ tweaked the black ratios to make the alts no longer rare but more like the nebulas? 50/50 shot of getting either.. but being that alts were rare they now have to get their numbers up to ratio equilibrium with the regulars?

I think this is the most logical explanation. They're playing catch up right now because the ratio (allegedly) was 1:10. I have not seen this going on with the vines though, but maybe it's because their alts are more difficult to tell. Anyone hatching a surplus of vine alts?

I think this is the most logical explanation. They're playing catch up right now because the ratio (allegedly) was 1:10. I have not seen this going on with the vines though, but maybe it's because their alts are more difficult to tell. Anyone hatching a surplus of vine alts?

It took 17 tries to get a second vine alt for me, so I haven't noticed the same thing going on with vines...but I could just be unlucky.

Black alts have been every bred hatchie recently for me though.

I had no blk alts before this so I'm excited about the change and happy to get this chance to breed a few.

I don't actually see how this messes up lineages though - other than projects being on hold for a bit. If you breed an alt and don't want it, just abandon. Someone will gladly pick it up. It isn't as if you are forced to add that dragon to your lineage project. Breeding another time, when these alts are so plentiful, will give the normal blks people need to continue on whatever lineage projects they have going. It doesn't even mess up generations, etc. because the line only follows in whatever way you wish it to (with the ability to abandon any egg/hatchy that doesn't fit your pattern and try again).

Another one of my blacks just alted...hoping for 1-3 more while this lasts; I'm enjoying it. Sorry to those whose lineages are messed up by the run of alts though. :/

Now I wish we'd get a run of vine alts...

I'd go for an alt vine surplus too

dream come true wub.gif

got a 2nd gen black egg *here's hoping the surplus continues*

Ugh, I think TJ is screwing with us. I haven't hatched a regular in weeks.

Black Alts are my second favorite Dragon, so I'm enjoying this to some extent (Plus, I hoard Blacks anyway), but I miss my regulars, too...

I finally get a black egg and it alts. My first one. Noooo ;;

I wanted you to be normal little blackie. -rolls over-

i really dont have any black lineages, so this doesn't really matter to me. though, i am glad that i was able to breed a perfect mate for him with the alt surge: here.

Question: it seems like all the Alt Blacks I'm seeing lately are the sitting up versions. Are the cute little curled up Alts still around, or did they retire?

Has anyone talked to TJ or a different Mod about it? I like getting the Black Alts, but I REALLY want some plain ones now. I'd rather work for my Alts. I like collecting a whole bunch of Blacks or Vines, waiting to see if any hatch into an Alt. When it does happen it's like, Yes!

I think the two different Alts are supposed to alternate. Not sure on the period of time each Alt resides until the next one starts up again though. Maybe every year they will switch.

When alts were released we had more sitting alts, curled alts were rare. Then curled alts were plentiful for a long time and sitting alts were rare. Finally sitting alts are back and curled alts are rare.

Appears to be a pattern enjoy them while they are here.

Has anyone talked to TJ or a different Mod about it? I like getting the Black Alts, but I REALLY want some plain ones now. I'd rather work for my Alts. I like collecting a whole bunch of Blacks or Vines, waiting to see if any hatch into an Alt. When it does happen it's like, Yes!

I think the two different Alts are supposed to alternate. Not sure on the period of time each Alt resides until the next one starts up again though. Maybe every year they will switch.

Going by previous results, there'll come a time when Alts become almost impossible to get.

As _Z_ said, enjoy them while we have them...

I know I am enjoying them while they last. I was pretty tired of never getting an Alt there for a while. My scroll seems to HATE Alts, lol. But even I have managed to hatch two Alts, and it's a very nice feeling. I really don't mind waiting a little longer to keep going on my normal Black lineages.

I, too, definitely am enjoying this period of more alts. I struggled to get alts and it was only after literally two years that I finally got my first male black alt to match my lone female.

What I'm curious about is whether vines are affected by similar patterns. Despite the abundance of black alts, vine alts are as elusive as ever (for me anyway :P).