UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((Look at pg. 29))

((@ Tyra-ice No, me.

@Moonbeam, I see it now. Lets just pretend that Klutz smiled at Skye, nodded, and walked away.))

Klutz looked up again. Sunrise was imminant. He hurried over to the tree roots.

"Everyone! We need to leave NOW! Meet at the tree and we can head for the cave at once! If you don't show up at sunrise, we will leave without you!"

Klutz was confident that all of his friends heard him. And for those that didn't, he repeated the message, trying to send it telepathically, personally, to each and every dragon. He didn't want to leave anybody behind, but he had to lie to get everyone here soon.

Username: Starheart

Dragon Name: Star

Species: Nebula Dragon (Blue)

Personality: Adventurous, Perswasive

Appearance: Blue Nebula Dragon (Pitch black with blue spots all over)

Other: Will try ANYTHING to escape.

Star's back pushed against her egg. "Well, I guess It's time for me to break free..." She thought, and started to kick the egg. It was a tiring process, but eventually, she broke out and sprawled on the floor. It was cold and hard. "That's strange. Normally Nebula's are born on snow..." She looked around and saw many other hatchlings in cages like she. "Where am I?" She asked.

((This reminds me when I first signed up for an RP...

1st of all, you are supposed to post this stuff in the OOC thread.

2nd of all, if you read the OOC thread, you would know that we aren't accepting any more openings.

I plan on starting up my own RP soon, though. If you want to, I'll let you join that, if you want.))

Fusion bolted off after Song, her little legs a blur as she ran. Soon she had caught up with the white hatchling and smiled at her. All of a sudden, she felt enigmatic. Time slowed down for her. She felt each step on the grass like a heartbeat. Bah-dup, bah-dup. Her breathing was like the 'wind' she heard in the facility. Hhhhhhhh, ffffffff. She looked around, her legs were still moving in a running motion, but she was slow, Song was slow, too. A blade of grass was pulled up by her foot landing heavily upon it and she watched it float by like it was stuck in jelly. Time came back to her, everything was fast again. She was running fast, not slow now. No one seemed to have noticed it... It was all in her head then.

((Well, I can't sleep, so I'll write some more!

My bet is that Isthalas will lose the race. That is, the sunrise will occur soon. Get you dragon butts over to Klutz. Now.))

Klutz waited impatiently. It was about 15 minutes until sunrise, and nobody had showed up yet.

Sun! Oh no! Klutz thought to himself. Isthalas is weak in the sun! There is no way she'll be able to keep up with us! Klutz knew he had to find a way to keep Isthalas going, and fast. ((alot.png))

Klutz ran over to the stream and washed his face, hoping to clear his mind. He stared at his dark reflection for a while when a leaf landed in the pool, disturbing the image. He picked up the soggy plant organ; it was interesting on how it slowly turned to a sticky dough. This gave Klutz an idea.

He shook a nearby tree, causing it to lose a ton of leaves. He grabbed a pawful and placed them in the river. He kneaded them until they, too, turned into a clay. He collected it up and set it ascide. He found the remaining leaves and set them down, one by one, in a large, overlapping rectangle. He scooped up the remaining mixture and spread it out over the rectangle. The pulp quickly dried, sealing the leaves together in somwhat of a blanket.

"Isthalas! Can you hear me? I need to show you something! It might protect you from the sun!" he screamed, aloud." Come back to the tree!"

Edited by thegreenrobby

((Third of all: people can't start RPing until they've actually been approved.))

Song saw Fusion and smiled back at her, but looked surprised as she raced ahead. "Come back you!" she growled playfully, speeding up to try and catch the swift hatchling. "We're nearing the little group," she shouted in-between pants. Their scent was strong now. Wait! Isthalas doesn't do well in the sun! she thought worriedly as she ran behind Fusion.

((Well, she already made her own RP, which she is getting approved and I am joining. Also, did anyone at ALL hear Klutz?))

-"Ready....Set....GO!'

Song and Fusion bolted off in a dash to the hidey hole where the other dragons were sure to be waiting. Isthalas, so that they wouldn't turn around, started to run. Shekept up for a bit and then gradually slowed. They were out of sight long before any of them would realize she was missing. Stopping and sagging she clenched her teeth and screwed up her face in absolute agony. Isthalas bit back the sobs that wracked her shoulders and shook her body with her expanding and falling chest. Tears openly flowed down her face and she slowly melted down into the deadened leaves around her, burrying her self beneath them. Completely absorbed in the pain she'd been hiding, her stamina to hold it all back had been broken by the rising sun. Her body knew it was coming even before she could see it. Scared, alone, and in such terrible pain, Isthalas let her body lay out in exhaustion like a dirty towl left to dry in the dirt. Her broken wing was screaming and the bone was pinching the delicate and sensitive flesh. It started to bleed again and this time Isthalas couldn't just 'bite back' the pain as she did before. She didn't even have the the energy to close her jaws any more to keep her sobbing at bay. She knew she was far off from the others so she was okay. She wouldn't know what to do with herself if anyone ever saw her like this.-

((???))

Skye sniffed and wiped the tears from her face. At least Tyra was friendly. The Daydream swiveled her head around to see Song and Fusion racing into view. "Wow! They're fast!" she exclaimed, sitting up on he branch to get a better view of the fast approaching dragons.

((???))

Skye sniffed and wiped the tears from her face. At least Tyra was friendly. The Daydream swiveled her head around to see Song and Fusion racing into view. "Wow! They're fast!" she exclaimed, sitting up on he branch to get a better view of the fast approaching dragons.

((

@Moonbeam, I see it now. Lets just pretend that Klutz smiled at Skye, nodded in agreement, and walked away.))

Lifting her head slowly, Tyra sniffed. "...w-what?" she asked, wiping her eyes. She followed Skye's gaze and blinked, seeing Song and Fusion racing together. "W-why are they running so fast?" she asked, beginning to become frightened that the humans were following them.

((No, no! I was questioning girlfairy, not what you said. As for Skye, she's a bit sensitive that's all xd.png))

Anniena and Moonlight paced in their cages. They knew they needed to prove them good enough to be trackers for the dragons. The two didn't notice the cameras watching them. They froze, aware of a scientist coming towards the two cages. Moonlight curled up, and Anniena looked at the door. Anniena looked like she would attack anything at the moment; Moonlight looked tired. The two stayed silent.

[[FYI: Klutz is waiting on anyone and everyone to show up, especially Isthalas. This doesn't seem to be going anywhere, otherwise.]]

((Well Isthalas is pretty much completely worn out...She's been running around non-stop since leaving the lab. She carried Klutz around, rescued Tyra and Moona, and all while having a broken wing. Her body can't take much more quite especially with the sun rising...I can't do much more...maybe she can get some insane surge of adreniline and begin to crawl but..her wing has started to bleed again...))

"Isthalas?" Klutz called once more.

"Are you there? I have something that may be able to protect you from the sun!"

Hoping she was coming, he began to work on a second piece for extra protection.

Isthalas could not answer the voice that called for her because she was no where near it, she could not hear it. Isthalas pulled her legs in and shivered, not from any cold, but from the crying and from the pain. Twisting her neck around, she laid her chin flat to the dirt and looked out into the blurred distance where Song and Fusion had run. Isthalas was confident they made it. Suddenly a fresh wave of tears dripped down her cheeks and slid along the leaves that cluttered beneath her face. Klutz. Would he be alright? Of course he would be. Especially since I'm not there to meddle in his and other's business. They'll be fine with Song. They'll follow Sog, not those older dragons. They're smarter than that. Her mind's voice fell silent as something occured to her. Something terrible occured to her in fact. A realization that made her tears stop short in their tracks and the pain cut off entirely to be thrown away into nothingness.- Those older dragons are stronger and bigger than Song and the other hatchlings! If they were to really try to take over they could!

Shaking. Her body was shaking violently now, but it was with rage, with the need to protect the dragons she'd escaped with. Soon, it wasn't just adreneline that was making her body move beyond it's reasonable limits, it was names. Song!.... She lifted her sagging shoulders up between her elbow-locked fore legs. Skye!..... Her back legs pushed them selves up to hold up her hind quarters and balance her flanks parallel to the earth. Tyra!..... Slowly, eyes narrowed in fierce determination and jaw clamped together firmly, she lifted her head, though her neck still drooped low. Moona!.... She took one trembling step forward and fell hard into the sea of leaves and prickly nettles on soft grass. She wasn't giving up yet!

Fusion....! Isthalas picked herself up and and snapped her teeth with a low growl and took another step. She did not fall. Zero!.... Isthalas gave another growl. Zero was a pain but he was still someone to protect. She took a few more steps and this time the shaking began to ebb away the more she moved. Her body was catching up to the adrenaline which thrummed in her veins and made her heart thump in a blind furry.

Finally, Klutz!..... Isthalas snapped her jaws and curled her head close to her side before thrusting it out words like she were throwing a line. Her exhausted body jerked into motion and began to run. Klutz!! Her feet pounded the earth and tore up the soil, leaves clung to her talons as they sunk into the dirt. Her tail lashed out behind her, providing the force she needed to keep going. Her teeth grit together painfully and her eyes were narrowed in concentation, unaware of eveything but one word. One image of a young ocherdrake. Who, although someties seemed to be missing a few screws, was brave, kind-hearted and friendly. Klutz! Isthalas gave an extra surge of her last reserves of energy and half ran, half leapt the final distance to the hidey hole, before crashing into the ground. A wake of debris lifted around her back which was arched as her legs became limp. She panted hard as her body lay relatively motionless in a vulnerable crescent.- "Klutz..." She breathed out and smiled up at the ochredrake who had become her destination. Water from the river splashed up onto her face, she blinked it away.- "I'm back...like I..promised." -Isthalas began to cough hoarsely. She really didn't think she'd be able to get up at this point but in the end, she pushed herself up into a sitting positon using everything she had, which was mostly out of will alone. She wasn't about to crap out in front of everyone. That was all that was going to keep her moving this time, and Klutz.-

((Wow.....-breathes a huge sigh- Once my fingers got started with the idea that popped into my head, the rest poured out and I couldn't stop xd.png))

Song streaked towards the fast-approaching group of dragons. Leaves were flying out from behind her as if she was a gust of wind and not a dragon. Song shot past Fusion and straight into the temporary camp. Dragons were everywhere! Realizing this, she skidded to a halt, slipping in the foliage and crashing into a giant purple dragon she didn't know. (Spyro. >u<)

All of a sudden as he was walking to the makeshift camp the other hatchlings had made, a white hatchling crashed into him at full speed. Letting out a shrill whinny, Spyro lost his footing and tripped over a tangle of roots. This sent him tumbling down a hill and into a thorn bush. As he worked his way out of the bush, he also acquired some painful scratches from the thorns. At the top of the hill, he glared at the hatchling and growled, "So you though you'd do that just 'cause your friend don't like me killin' the humans, eh? She tell you to do that? The vampire?" Shaking his head, Spyro limped away to the 'camp.'

"Huh? Humans? Killing? What happened?" Song asked, confused. She trotted up to the massive Horse. "I'm really sorry, me and my friend Fusion were having a race and I couldn't stop in the leaves so I accidentally slid into you," she explained apologetically. "I'm sorry. Are you hurt?" she asked, noticing the scratches from the thorn bush. Nice first impression, she thought, feeling stupid. "My name's Song, by the way. Who are you?" Song asked, just out of curiosity. She lifted up a paw and let go a tiny stream of blue sparkles that flew over to the Horse dragon and settled on some f his scratches, drying the blood and binding the skin. "Does that feel better? I can't do any more that that," she said, sitting down. It had made her a bit tired.