UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tyra perked up, hearing Song call after her. Giggling, she scurried after the white hatchling. Suddenly, Song jumped off the tree down a steep hill! Tyra gasped, afraid Song wasn't going to make it but sighed in relief, seeing the white hatchling land on the branch of a tree farther down the hill. Tyra looked down at the dizzying height and gulped, a bit afraid, but she was determined. Backing up, the ice hatchling took a running start then leapt off the end of a wide branch, launching herself into the air. For a moment, all time seemed to stop as she spread out her pale blue wings. But it only lasted a moment, before she began to dive down. What if she didn't make it?! Just at the last minute, however, she banked to the right and managed to land on the branch just over from Song's. She was breathing hard, but also smiling widely. "That....was....awesome!! Let's do it again!!" she cried happily.

"Let's go then!" Song squealed happily. She weaved through the branches like a snake until, once again, the tree's branches thinned out and the air called out to her. "See that oak? That tree is next! It's a little far," she said, faltering. It was quite far. "But the wind can help us, I think! Spread your wings!" she called, bursting into full speed and rocketing along the branch. She crouched without slowing and didn't stop until her claw tips touched the very end of the bark. Time seemed to slow down as Song's feet left the branch. It shot down as she lifted off, seemingly relieved of the 'unexpected' weight.

The wind caressed her scales and split around her as if she were a rock in a river. Her tiny sliver wings snapped open and caught the wind like sails, propelling her upward and onward towards the massive oak that spread out its welcoming arms of safety. Song, to her surprise, started to drop as the winds faded and she skidded along a large branch of the oak in an effort to stop herself. That felt amazing! she thought, scrabbling to her feet and trying to spot the next best tree to jump onto next.

The ground dissapeared from beneath her and for a moment her body felt suspended as it registered the lack of stable footing. Gravity took hold and began to thrust her down, her wings snapped open and the ice from Tyra crumbled away from her wound. It hurt, as in, it really hurt but it was whited out by the soothing effects of the wind. It rushed over her and under her wings, filling the thin membranes with pokets of air and holding her in the sky as she glided down. She couldn't properly flap her wings with, or without, Klutz on her back so gliding was enough. The world stretched out under her and suddenly she felt entirely free, more than she ever had since escaping the lab. She laughed gleefully and narrowed her eyes though they were still smiling, it was a look mischief for she was about to try something. Banking one wing her body shifted to the right, banking the other she veered to the left. Shifting the thumbs of her wing upward her body lifted and took to a higher level by a second air current.

Well? How do you like flying? She asked Klutz, glancing backwards even though she couldn't see him without turning her head. She was managing to stay up despite her energy draining fast, eventually she began her descent, which was surprisingly controlled. Afterall, she had precious cargo, she couldn't afford crash landing. When she finally landed, her body rocking as she yielded her soft canter, she found they were far ahead of the others since the flying route had taken them straight beyond the base where the other had landed. Ducking her shoulders low for Klutz to climb off, she was also able to notice that her cape had survived the whole thing and the hood hadn't even fallen back.-

---------

Mustafa, since he was at the lead of the group, had already elegantly flown down to the bottom of the hill by the time Spyro obnoxiously took off and landed beside him. One by one, two by two the hatchlings followed suit, some flying, some frog-leaping through trees and then there was Isthalas who actually was carrying he youngest of the dragons on her back. He frowned though his eyes sparkled in marvel. How could she do all that despite her condition? Then it hit him. She must really care about them all. His features softened and once all the dragons were together again, he set off to th other, lesser hills. Just in the distance a rocky legdge struck out from a hill, the earth falling sharply to the ramp that led up to it. In the earthen wall holes were riddled here and there, one in particular stood ou amongst the others. That's where they were headed.

Tyra squealed with delight as she surged down the branch after Song, her white claws gripping the tree bough before she shot into the air. Spreading out her wings, she felt them catch air and she flew upwards. To her surprise, she found if she turned hard right, she would start rolling in that direction. Taking a dare, she tucked her wings in and rolled hard to the right, causing her to do a full spin. She gave a squeak of fright and soon righted herself by extending her wings once more. Before she could stop herself, she collided with Song as Tyra landed on the same branch, laughing.

"Woah!" Song squealed as she was flipped over by the violent impact. Then she just started to laugh. "That was fun!" she exclaimed between giggles. "Are you okay?" she asked as she rolled over and righted herself. "Mustafa looks like he's veering off towards those rocks. Maybe we should follow him. Let's go!" she said, jumping up into the higher branches. Song continued to climb until she could go no longer, for the bendy branches would flex under her weight and threaten to snap under her feet, ultimately sending the small hatchling to an untimely death. Going out as far as she dared on a branch that held her weight, she waited for a perfect wind. As soon as a strong gust shook the tree, she jumped and spread her tiny sliver wings. It shot her upwards and out, just the way she wanted to go. The rocks were nearing quite swiftly. But which rock is the right one? she thought, starting to drop. Song fell from the sky and tumbled into the dirt, right in front of the many holes. Curious, she poked her head into one, but found it was blocked a few feet in. "Wrong one," she mumbled to herself. I should wait for Mustafa to invite us in, she thought, jumping away from the rocks and sitting down in the dirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gizmo trotted after Mustafa, not sure where his cave was. So many dragons in the area and I've met NONE OF THEM?! she thought bitterly, a small puff of smoke shooting from his nostrils.

((So, wait. We are here? I didn't know.))

Klutz slowly made his way down from Isthalas' back, face frozen with fear. He did not want to do that again. Ever. He trusts Isthalas with his life, as it has been saved by her on more than one occasion, but he has a newly realized fear of heights.

Well? How do you like flying? she asked, telepathically.

Not wanting to hurt her feelings, he responded, Great, but he was afraid that Isthalas would really read though his lie. Setting it aside, he looked around.

"So, are we here? It looks like we are here."

Klutz seemed to be grateful for the ground beneath his feet again, Isthalas was entirely unoffended. Instead, she smiled fondly and gently pushed her nose into Klut's cheek.

You don't need to lie to me. You can always trust me with the truth.

She said little more than that before she started walking after Mustafa, making sure Klutz was following too. Song flew above them and landed past them in the far off distance at the rocks, Mustafa and the others had managed to get ahead of them. Before long, though, they all arrived and cluttered before the steep rock face. They were all waiting on Mustafa whp had descided to up the excitement by taking his idle time to get there.

------------

Mustafa smiled kindly as he was all of the hatchlings huddled about at the base of the clifface, he saw one of them, the ahile white, peeking into a few of the caves. But those all belonged to animals, not dragons. He made his way passed the group and faced them.

"Ready to see my cave?" He asked imploringly before taking to the sky and making it up to the ledge that was center highest and by far the largest. Of course, dragons would have no problem with a cave that was high enough that you'd have to fly to it, but luckily (for Klutz) there was a jagged climb up to it for hatchlings. Long ago, the older dragons had carved out that rocky stairway with their beloved eggs in their hearts and on their minds.

Edited by Chasilin

(red = intern, blue= lead scientist)

Vrael's wings were fully developed now, thanks to the hormonal formula that had been injected into him. During his state of hibernation the scientist had formulated a training schedule for the hatch-ling. He may have been thought to attack other dragon's and obey human commands however that still did not mean he was capable of doing much if he got into a fight. He had to learn to fly and to build up his strength first before he would be sent out into the wilderness to track down the escapee's.

An intern stared into the icy sphere and examined the frozen dragon, looking for any signs of life. They had tried to take samples of his blood whilse he was encased but to no avail. The icy sphere was impenetrable. The intern stop examining the dragon when he reached his head, something had caught his attention, a small flicker of movement under Vrael's eyelid.

"Ma'am" cried the intern.

"What is it?"

"It moved, the dragon moved!"

"What?! Move aside, let me see!" The lead scientist bent over and peered into the icy sphere and looked at Vrael. "Are you sure it moved?!"

"Yes.. I could have sworn I saw a flicker of movement under its eyelid"

((My itunes played this song

and it gave me the idea to write this part xd.png))

The scientist wiped the condensation on the outside of the sphere and stared at Vrael's face. Several seconds passed and nothing happened, the scientist was just about to turn away and shower the intern in a barrage of vulgarities when suddenly both of Vrael's eyes shot open and he returned the stare back at the scientist. She backed away in shock at the sudden awakening of Vrael. She was about to get a closer look when the icy sphere exploded in several directions breaking beakers and scientific equipment. On the table stood Vrael surrounded by an icy mist that swirled around his legs, his wings stretched out wide and his tongue flicking in and out as he tasted the air.

The time for building up his strength was about to begin...

Edited by TotallyDrow

(Woah. Just woah.)

Klutz looked up as the silver dragon took to the skies. He landed on a mound a little distance away. He knew he couldn't fly, so he scanned the mountain to see a small pathway that spirals up to the top for him to climb, almost convience.

He padded up the staircase, and after a minute or so, he stood at the top, peering into the cave. It was dark, but roomy. There would certainly be a place for his friends here. He looked down on his friends. Fear of heights striking his heart, he turned back around, into the cave slightly, and spoke to the cave, hoping his friends would hear him.

"Hey guys! Come on up! There's a lot more room than it looks like on the outside!"

(The T.A.R.D.I.S Effect. biggrin.gif )

((Me luvs Dr. Who! X3))

Tyra giggled as she righted herself on the wobbly branch and followed Song's fleeting white form. "Coming!" she called. She hopped to and fro from this rock to that one, feeling giddy.

((Intense!!! -dies of fan'gasm-))

Mustafa smiled over to Klutz as the little drahon made his way to the cave, he watched him peer over the ledge and thenr etreat to the mouth of the ave before calling down to his friends. Mustafa erected his chest and rolled back his shouldars so that his neck was tall as he peered out onto the lands that stretched out beneath him. It was a good thing with a cave up and with such a clear view, it was an advantage over attacking enemies, he'd learned that through experience. Wind gently buffeted his mane and his body was in a stilled motion ripple, back arching up as his hind feet lat planted firmly behind him, his tail arching up and dipping halfway at the peak, the silky tuft swaying gently. He was proud of his hme and was even more delighted by the fact that he now had company.

--------

Isthalas eyed the silver dragon warily, coming up closely behind Klutz in case he should lose his footing at such a dangerous height, he wasn't named Klutz for nothing, she was sure. She, though Klutz went to the mouth of the cave, remained at the ledge and watched all of the hatclings until each and every one of them had made it safely to the top of the ledge.

Vrael was lead away into a room by the intern. Inside the room lay a box filled several bricks. On one side of the box was a chain which the intern had begun to connect to the collar that was around Vrael's neck. At the far end of the room was another silicone dragon, with a slab of meat tucked away inside of it.

The purpose of this task was to build up the muscle mass in Vrael by forcing him to pull along those bricks in order to reach the slab of meat encased inside the silicone dragon dummy. The intern left the room and watched outside the glass window with the lead scientist as Vrael attempted to pull the box along with him as he tried to reach the food source.

Song nodded gratefully at Mustafa and nimbly hopped up the rocks to the cave. Convient, she thought as her long legs carried her up the rocks without haste. She glanced over at the other side of the ledge, where the handsome Silver was looking out. "Uhm, thank you for letting us stay here to rest up for the trip to the mountains," she said politely, not sure what else to say. Curiosity getting the better of Song, she peered into the cave. The ceiling was high and the monstrous cave seemed to want to swallow her into the eerie darkness. Somewhat frightened by this thought, she shied away from the rocks towards the edge of the ledge. Wow, it's kinda dark in there! she thought, her mind flitting between staying in the cave and how far she was from falling to her inevitable doom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gizmo fluttered his wings and couple times and circled around the cave. A cave this big and I never saw it before? How? he thought, frustrated and saddened at the same time. Wanting to see the cave, he landed on the ledge, sending a gust of wind from his wings. The little White stumbled and almost lost her footing as she skittered to a stop in the gravely dirt. In fact, she was so close to the edge that her tail hung over the edge. "Hey, hey hey, don't fall!" Gizmo sympathized, reaching out with his black claw and pushing the little hatchling forward. "We aren't even at my cave yet!"

Mustafa smiled at the white hatchling, his green eyes glinting warmly in the afternoon light. Time had passed by relatively fast during the long walk t his cave. They'd left the lab back in the dstance for miles and he couldn't even see it now. As the white walked passed him and into the cave he returned to gazing at his land, once, long ago, the territory of his parents went on for achres and the protected it fairly. Now, he could protect little more than the small span of a few feet about the radius of his cave. He wasn't nearly strong enough, nor big enough. Silently he came to an understanding and seemed to be able to also understand the mindset of the vampire on the opposite end of the ledge. The need to prtect, huh? It's something that's very powerful. Making a secret vow to protect the hatchlings once they got to their new home, he turned and left the vampire alone at the ledge. As the host, he had some tours to give.

Klutz looked out to the sky. He remembered why he wanted to come to the cave so badly in the first place, turning to Mustafa.

"Hey. Do you have somewhere I can focus?" he asked the silver host. He didn't mention his father. "I need to think... about stuff." He was afraid that he was showing that he was hiding something.

Mustafa stopped on his way present his home to the others as the young ocherdrake came up to him. He looked up at the cave ceiling, lost in thought.- "Hmmm, probably, the best place would be the old den used by the elder's. They particularly despised loud noise so had a specific cave to themselves that had relatively no noise but still with fresh air. If you go outside the cave it's the third ledge to the left, kind of like a diagonal line. You have to fly to get to it though." Said Mustafe, looking at the wingless shoulders of Klutz. He frowned.- "There might be somewhere easier to access towards the back of the cave. If you go far enough the sound stops carrying."

Klutz thought about Mustafa's suggestion. He decided to take it. "Thank you," he said, shortly before adding, "Now, if only my wings would grow in." He thought for a second. "How long do you think it will take for my wings to come in? I can only remember a couple of days since I hatched."

Username: Emeraldmay

Dragon Name: UltraViolet (Ultra for short)

Species: Nebula

Personality: Daydreamer, finds it hard to focus.

Appearance: Like a normal nebula, but with larger eyes wink.gif

Other: Cheese is the answer to everything. (Very true.)

Username: Emeraldmay

Dragon Name: UltraViolet (Ultra for short)

Species: Nebula

Personality: Daydreamer, finds it hard to focus.

Appearance: Like a normal nebula, but with larger eyes

Other: Cheese is the answer to everything. (Very true.)

((I can see you read the rules for this Role Play, hence the cheese, but I must let you know that it would be best if you read the general rules for the entire set of Roleplays. One particular rule that you didn't see, was that most Role plays have an OOC thread, including this one. This is where you post forms and talk outside of you character.

On top of this, I do believe that this roleplay isn't taking any more requests. Thank you.))

"H-hey, Song! Wait for me!!" Tyra protested, nimbly jumping from rock to rock as fast as she could after Song's fleeting white form. As she came to the base of the mountain, she felt intimidated by its massive size and dangerously craggy crevices. She spotted the white hatchling beginning to climb up the rudimentary "stairs" cut out of the rock and immediately sped in that direction. When she reached the base, she too began to climb. Up, up, and up she went. By the time she reached the cave, she was out of breath and her limbs pleaded for rest so she lay down safely away from the edge. "Wow...what a climb," she gasped, tired.

((Recap? Anyways, I think mine are the only Hatchlings who haven't escaped...))

((Recap? Anyways, I think mine are the only Hatchlings who haven't escaped...))

((I know there is Vrael, as well as a couple other hatchies that don't post as often, one of which I believe has the name Ryder.

The escapees have barely made it to the cave of Mustafa. They are climbing up and making themselves comfortable.))

((Seems like things are going to get slow for a bit until Vrael is unleashed.))

((I have a very very secret plan which is so secret, I forgot. Although I can remember every single detail of the books I read. So my plan isn't much of a plan anymore. Anyways, I'm happy I'm not alone.

Kinda.

Anyways, what time is it?))

Moonlight awoke on a strange white table. Anniena was on a identical one beside her. They were held down by leather strips. A scientist walked up to Moonlight and put something in her skin. She gave a sharp screech of pain. Next, the scientist went over to Anniena and did the same. But Anniena just blinked. They were knocked out again and taken to a room, similar to the one they were trained in. Only this time, there was a maze in it. They were released, and had to get through the maze. Only the scientists could track them with the tiny things they put in their skin, so their plan was going to be harder then expected. But they just wandered through the maze like thoughtless animals.