UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Isthalas looked ahead of her at Klutz and was about to reply when he seemed to distract himself, she smiled and let him be. He didn't need to worry about her right then.

((epic fail of a post x.x))

((Maybe after the hatchies get to the cave and get settled, maybe we should do a time skip forward when they're young adults. Then they can attack the facility and we can have plot twistiness!! 8D lol))

Righting herself on the branch, Tyra continued to hop from tree to tree with an air of grace. Her wings were still quite small but they were beginning to become long and slender as was her tail. Everything the gentle ice hatchling touched frosted over and the sun irritated her scales so she tried to keep underneath the green canopy of leaves above her.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((Maybe after the hatchies get to the cave and get settled, maybe we should do a time skip forward when they're young adults.  Then they can attack the facility and we can have plot twistiness!!  8D  lol))

Righting herself on the branch, Tyra continued to hop from tree to tree with an air of grace.  Her wings were still quite small but they were beginning to become long and slender as was her tail.  Everything the gentle ice hatchling touched frosted over and the sun irritated her scales so she tried to keep underneath the green canopy of leaves above her.

((Uh... not yet, please. I still have plans ahead. Let them go first, and also, I think Vrael is going to be released soon. I think we should let him have his day.

Maybe Tyra needs a leaf cape...))

"Who is this?" he asked the voice, looking back and forward intentively.

It's me again, your father.

"Dad..."

I can feel where you are. It's nice to see you are free from the prison. You make me proud, even though I have yet to see you in person. It will be something I look forward to.

"Thanks." he said. Would he really be able to meet his dad?

Again, I don't know if you can hear me, but I want you to come home. I don't know where you are, but it's great to know you are safe. I love you.

"I can hear you. Where are you?"

The voice didn't respond. Where did it go?

"Dad?" Klutz said aloud, tears forming again. "Where are you?"

((FYT: Klutz is talking aloud, but his dad can't be heard by anyone but him. Label him as crazy, if you will.))

Edited by thegreenrobby

((Hey, it was only a suggestion and it's not just your opinion, but everyone's opinion that needs to be taken into consideration.  Especially UmbreWulf since she created the rp in the first place.))

((I'm sorry, but I, too, was expressing my opinion. Sorry if I offended you or anything. I am still okay with letting others express their opinions.))

Edited by thegreenrobby

((I honestly don't want to do a time skip so soon after getting to the cave. I think they have earned several pages of mediocracy, especially if Vrael attacks them before they get to the cave in the mountains. It's going to be a long journey and a lot are injured, it just wouldn't be fair to time skip through the healing process...time skips should be saved for when it's an inactive night or when a season is being dragged out, or even when it's too mediocre and we need to fast forward to a period in time before a big event...))

((where is this going? Oh, and, have I replied to Tyra's shock? I think I didn't x.x))

Moona wat he'd as the Ice hatchling got up from the branch and continued going tree to tree. Moona happily followed."EEK!" Moona yelped as she smashed into a spider web. The slide crawled up her face. Moona shook her head."WHATS THAT?" she yelled. Her tail whacked the spider away."Eww. It felt weird." She mumbled and continued following Tyra.

Edited by girlfairy76

-Isthalas started to get worried the longer she left Klutz alone, he was talking to himself, in broad- well no, more like broad sunrise....in any case, he was talking to himself. Coming up beside him she looked down at him, since she was a lot bigger than he was, seeing as he was born later than her.- "Klutz, who were you talking to?"-

Isthalas came by and broke his concentration. She didn't hear him? This confused him.

"I heard a voice! It said it was my dad!" he said, excitedly, looking up to his friend. "Didn't you hear it, too?" he asked, even though he was sure he already knew the answer. "It must have been in my head." His smile dissappeared, but not for long, as his childish and imaginative mind came up with another question. He looked up at Isthalas again and asked, "Can dads do that? Can they talk in your head?"

"Your dad?" -She said imploringly, slightly confused but fully prepared to listen with an open-mind.- "I'm sorry, I didn't hear it." -But Klutz went on after a brief moment of silence, he seemed a little down hearted though he recovered quickly and looked up at Isthalas with such a look that it made her snap into maternal mode.-

"Can dads do that? Can they talk in your head?" -He asked and Isthalas looked up with a face that openly said 'I'm thinking real hard about it' though it was really a face used to make yound ones become excited and anxious all at once. She'd seen a human do it once ina fleeting moment back at the lab.-

"Well," -began the vampire after a look of epiphany.- "I think they can! If I were a parent, a mother, I would want to be able to be connected to my offspring should I ever be far away from them. Or, if they ever wandered off, I'd like to be able to guide them back to me in some way if I can't use my voice, or they can't hear it." -She smiled and looked at Klutz from underneath her leafed hood.- "I'm sure your dad wants to guide you to him. After all, you're a long, long way from home, just like the rest of us."-

"Wow..." he said, basking in the new information Isthalas lead. "But... he said that he doesn't know where I am. Does that mean he can't bring me home?" Klutz didn't like that idea, and was starting to mist up a little bit. "I wanna go home." A small pause worked his way into his speech. "But wait! His voice dissappeared when you started talking to me! Maybe if I stop talking with you, I can hear him again! Do you think that'll work?"

"Hmm..." -She said and though about seriously for a moment, before she could say something Klutz spoke again and interrupted her thoughts.-

"But wait! His voice dissappeared when you started talking to me! Maybe if I stop talking with you, I can hear him again! Do you think that'll work?"

Isthalas turned to him and smiled as they walked.- "You know, He might not know where you are because he can't hear you. Do you rmember how I said that parents would like to talk to their young through their minds when they can't be heard? Perhaps he can not hear your voice either. Have you tried reaching out to his mind on your own and speaking with your thoughts rather than your voice?" She asked. In theory, it made sense, she'd never tried speaking with her mind before but, if it were possible, she should be able to do it now. Keeping a careful eye on Klutz she pictured his mind and tried to reach out to it, when she was sure she felt something she tried.- Klutz, can you hear me?

"Hm?" Turning around, Tyra noticed Moona in distress over something on her face. The ice hatchling leapt to the branch Moona was on and examined the problem. "Ick!" she exclaimed, backing up a little, "Whatever it is, it's sticky and gross!" However, seeing her friend in need, Tyra swallowed her digust and quickly helped get the spiderweb off Moona's face. When she was finished, she frantically rubbed the webby substance off her paws onto the tree. "Yuck..." she grumbled, examining her paws to make sure she got it all off. Unknown to Tyra, the spider had crawled off the web and was now making its way up onto her shoulder. When it arrived, it sat there on the ice dragoness's shoulder and waved its arms eerily at Moona.

((Lol, you can tell where this is going. xd.png))

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((Poor Tyra...I'd go complete skitzo if I had a spider on my shoulder, especially if I din't know what it was.))

Klutz listened as Isthalas. She agreed that it was possible.

Klutz, can you hear me? called she. But her mouth wasn't moving. It was then that he realized what has happened.

"Yes!" he said aloud. "It works! How did you do that?" He was curious on how, and very eager to be able to talk to his dad.

Song dropped back to somewhere in the middle of the crowd, running along with them. The pack of dragons flowed gracefully like a river, pulsing up and down while streaming ahead through the forest. How pretty, she thought, swinging her head around to look at all the brave souls who had teamed up and broken down the walls of captivity, who had shattered the chains of imprisonment, who had let the temptation of freedom lure the hatchlings out.... And the kind dragons who had offered them a kindness of some sort. ] Suddenly, her mind snapped up to the hatchlings in the tree. She would feel better up there. Song slowly carved her way out of the group and scrambled up the nearest tree. Grasping the bark in her claws, she sprang forward and began to race along the branches until she was behind Tyra and Moona.

Isthalas laughed gently.-"Well, look at me and concentrate on my mind, try to pretend that it's something you can see, something you can touch." Then you can do it, too. It gets easier after the first time it seems. She smiled at him, her cloak folding at the neck where she turned to look at Klutz. Go on then, you try.

Klutz squinted his eyes at Isthalas, trying to focus on her mind.

Hello? Can you hear me? he pondered, towards her. He really hoped that he, too, can use this capability. He could finally talk to his dad! He could barely focus that message to her, but he had done it. He had high hopes that she heard.

"EEW! Its on your shoulder Tyra!" Moona said. "Is it gonna bite you?" she looked at the spider in disgust."What is it anyway?" she crawled closer to Tyra and the spider, and threw a stick at the spider. The spider jumped off Tyra. It seemed to stick its younger out and fly down to the ground."Eww. I wanna get out now." Moona said. She crossed her eyes. "Now where are the others?" she made her way down the tree she was on.

"Huh, what are you talking about?" Turning her head, Tyra's eyes grew wide in horror. "Oh my gosh, what IS that?!!" she yelped, freaking out, "Get it off, get it off, get it off!!!" Finally, Moona threw a stick at the spider and it jumped off, slowly falling to the ground. In the chaos, Tyra accidently collided with Song as she continually brushed her shoulder while backing up. "Oooh....how gross....!" she moaned, shuddering.

Hello? Can you hear me?

It was faint, but she heard it, she smiled and winked at Klutz. - I hear you, Klutz, you did it! Isthalas looked ahead of her, the ground seemed to drop at a slope and when they came to the peak of the hill, she noticed that the ground rose and fell all over the place! Isthalas was struck dumb with it's vastness but she still had her mask on so she stared at it as if judging it.- Klutz, she thought to him, look!, and she emphasized the last word to express the ergencey for him to see what she was seeing and the magesty she saw.

Spyro came to a halt at the top of the hill. It was a very steep climb down. The hill was pretty high too. Ha! I'm not climbing that! The massive horse dragon backed up many paces and unfurled his wings halfway. "Whoooohooooo!" he yelled, charging off the edge of the hill, diving straight down to the ground below.

At the last moment, Spyro's wings snapped open, and soared a dozen feet or so more before landing at the bottom. Tossing his head back he called, "You guys coming!?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skye gasped in surprise at Spyro plummeted off the edge of the high hill, then simply flew to safety. She glanced back at her swollen, yet bare shoulders. Letting out an upset growl, the little Daydream started carefully climbing down the hill feet first.

((I was thinking of it as a sort of sheer drop off like this: /l rather than this: /\ wink.gif ))

Edited by Moonbeam22

Isthalas had heard him. He smiled, knowing that his powers worked. Now, when we get to a resting point, I will try to talk to my dad! he told her. Before he got a chance to focus, though, he was captured by the sudden cliff drop that he almost fell over. "Woah!"

He didn't know how he was going to get down it, but he saw Spyro drop like a stone. Before he landed, though, his wings bursted open and let him land gradually. Klutz wished he could do that, but he would have to wait for his wings to develop, first. So, instead, he followed Skye, who had found a small way down the cliff, praying that he wouldn't fall.

Edited by thegreenrobby

Since her wing was broken, she wondered if she'd be able to do what she saw Spyro do...Isthalas made a discision. She was going to show Klutz what it was like to fly. Back when they were escaping and she had first flewn, it had been extremely difficult but, she knew, she would only have to open the for a brief moment. Her confidence was admirable. Jogging up to Klutz before he began his descent, she would tuck her nose under him so that he'd be pushed over her head and further down onto her back as she continued to run.-

Brace yourself Klutz, you're going to fly.

((Sorry, I was watching Rescuer's Down Under and now I want to roleplay with someone on my back whe I fly x.x It'll hurt like hellfire buuuuuuuut oh well >:o))

"Ah! What are you doing?!" Klutz shreiked as Isthalas threw him over her back. However, he didn't have enough time to do anything before Isthalas gracefully dove of the edge. He could do nothing but hold of for dear life. His heart raced. I just hope she knows what she is doing...

Song almost slipped as Tyra collided with her, but had learned from the past and wrapped her legs around the branch, stopping herself and hanging out sideways. Her tail fell down and floated there like a vine, just hanging. "I'm okay," she breathed as she carefully shimmied her way back into a crouching position. "Are you okay too?" she asked Tyra, getting to her feet and beginning to trot after the Ice hatchling. She suddenly saw the extremely steep hill ahead and noticed the trees dotting it. "If you're up to it, we can jump down the trees on the hill.

Song picked up speed and jumped to the next tree. The hill was right in front of them. She gestured to a large pine. "If you want to come.. JUMP NOW!" With that, she sprang off the branch and soared through the, the tiny silver feathers on her back glinting in the light. She landed in the pine and kept going, glancing back to see if Tyra followed her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Gizmo watched Spyro tumble down the hill and jumped just as his claws touched the peak. With yellow wings outstretched he glided down, the wind failing to lift his massive frame. He landed safely at the bottom and waited for the others to catch up.