UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spyro sighed and said, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just that all of you're friends are mad at me 'cause I caught a human spying on us and killed it. Still dunno why they think it was a bad thing to do though..." He paused for a couple of minutes as the White hatchling closed his wounds. "Thanks, that's better... I'm Spyro by the way," the giant horse dragon said, looking at the hatchling curiously. I didn't know she could do THAT... Edited by Moonbeam22

"Isthalas? Isthalas!!" Tyra cried, seeing the Vampire hatchling collapse not far from the tree she was in. Shinnying down the trunk, Tyra scurried to her friend, panting heavily. "Y-You're hurt!" the ice hatchling exclaimed, seeing Isthalas's bleeding wing. Immediately she ran to the river, filled a broad leaf with water, and brought it back. She busied herself, cleaning Isthalas's wounds the best she could with the water, then placing her ice cold paws on her wing to numb the pain. Isthalas's wing frosted over as well, due to Tyra's budding ability. "I-Is that better?" she asked fretfully.

Klutz was almost finished making his present for the vampire hatchling, when she came tumbling from between a handful of trees and right next to him! If she was any closer, she would have ruined Klutz's tailor-made gift for her.

"Isthalas! You heard me!" he said, excitedly. "I made you a gift!" He held up the sheet of dried leaves in pride.

"You know how you can't run in the sun? Well this protects you!" He draped it over the back of his friend without waiting for any responce. "I'm not sure if it fits, but I hope you like it! I am even making another one to protect your head!" He pointed to the pile of leaves and mush in the corner. "Once everyone gets here, we will head over to the cave that the big dragons were talking about, so we can rest."

He looked over to Isthalas and her broken wing. "It looks like you need some rest."

After a beat, he trodded over to his project in progress and began to work some more.

Moona rushed over to Isthalas and Klutz. "hey...thee!" she said out of breath. She looked at Isthalas' who was half-covered in a leaf thing."What's that?" she said looking at Isthalas."Did you make it?" she turned to Klutz."Well.... It looks... Silly!" she laughed out. She tumbled onto the floor."No offense Klutz!" Moona said when she managed to stop laughing."Could I make the head one?" she crawled over to the leaves and mush."this looks interesting!" she picked up a leaf and turned it around.

-Isthalas was taken by suprise as the ice dragon busied herself with cleaning her wounds to the best of abilities. By the time she was through her cheeks were beat red and her body shivered slightly from the cold, but she felt a bit better. She nodded to Tyra with kind eyes.- "Thank you, Tyra. You've helped me a lot."

Next, came the bumbling ocherdrake who, before she was even fully used to the new ice aid, tossed a leaf-made cape about her shoulders. It was light in weight but it was efficient at blocking out the rays of sunlight. She was still weak by a great deal but at least this would keep her from getting to a fatal level. Isthalas smiled and a choked sob caught in her throat.- "Klutz..." She said, absolutely touched by the care she was receiving from the two dragons. It meant more than she could handle expressing at this point, so she stayed silent and expressed her gratitude through ehr eyes. It felt good to be back around them. Isthalas spotted Song with Spyro and suddenly Isthalas felt like dragon dung. She really did need to muster up the courage to appologize as soon as she had the energy to deal with any retorts he might throw her way.-

Song looked up at Spyro at the mention of a human. A human? she thought, her tail twitching at the thought. "You didn't make it suffer, right? It wouldn't be fair to make it hurt, although what it was doing was wrong. From what I've learned at the Lab humans get all he others when they are hurt and come in herds to catch whatever did it. Like if someone scratched one they would be punished by like six others," she said. Song started to turn away but something suddenly clicked in her mind. "And please be nice to Isthalas. She cares for what she thinks is right and right now she can't handle an argument," she said blankly without turning around.

Song walked back up the hill, met with the sight of Tyra, Moona and Klutz by a sheet of leaves. But she could see white scales peeking through and knew it was Isthalas. "Isthalas!" she cried out, picking up her pace and dashing over to the Vampire. She had no magic left, but wanted to do anything she could to ease her friend's suffering. She bent down by her face and asked gently, "Is there anything I can do to help you?" Her eyes glittered with worry and guilt for not getting to her sooner.

Edited by UmbreWulf

"You like it?" Klutz beamed, looking at Isthalas, buried in his leaf jacket. "I was going to make you another one for your head, but Moona wants to make it, instead. So I'll let her."

He looked over to Moona. "You may want to soak the mush in the river a little more. It seems to have dried. And also, you want to make this round, like half of an apple." he explained to her.

((After we are done with the hat thing, I suggest we leave. I will make a list of sorts in OOC comments, and I want you to copy it and add the name of your dragon into it. That way, we can have a list of everyone ready to leave. OK? Once Klutz is ready, I make the list.))

Edited by thegreenrobby

-Outside the room containing Vrael-

"Prepare the formula, I want this dragon to receive several doses of that hormonal formula we have been working on, in order to speed up his growth" ordered a scientist.

"B.. b..but ma'am, the dragon is still only a hatching, would speeding up its growth be the wisest solution? Especially since this formula is still in its developing stages..." replied one of her subordinates.

"You speak as if you care about the well being of that creature. At its current stage of development it is nothing but an over sized lizard. For christ sake it doesn't even have its wings yet"

"B.. b..but ma'am, this.. this is not natural..." stammered the subordinate.

"Are you refusing a direct order? I told you to prepare the hormonal solution, and I expect you to do it. Unless you want to spend tomorrow looking for a new job" threatened the scientist.

"Y.. yes ma'am... right... away" spoke the subordinate before she disappeared into a lab room.

-Inside Vrael's room-

The scientist entered the room and sauntered over to the steel box which contained Vrael. A cold chill ran up her spine as she placed her hand on the lid and unlocked it. The box's temperature had dropped drastically since the last time she had been in the room. Inside the steel box, Vrael lay there curled up and unconscious. He was still breathing though. The inside of the box looked like the inside of a freezer, the walls were covered in ice and small stalagmites and stalactites were all over the place.

The scientist reached into the back pocket of her lab coat and pulled out a pair of gloves. Slipping them on, she proceeded to pick up Vrael, one hand gripped around his neck and another around his tail, just in case he woke up and struggled. She carried Vrael into a lab room, where the subordinate from earlier had placed a syringe down on a table.

"Get the muzzle, while I strap him on to the table" barked the female scientist as she began to tie leather straps around Vrael's legs, tail and neck.

"Y.. yes ma'am" stuttered the subordinate who scurried out the room looking for the muzzle. She returned shortly and began to put the muzzle over Vrael's snout.

Once Vrael was firmly restrained the scientist began to rub oil along the front left leg of Vrael in an attempt to soften the skin between his scales. After several minutes of rubbing, Vrael's skin had softened allowing for easier access with the syringe. "Hand me the syringe" ordered the scientist.

Meanwhile with the warmer temperature, Vrael had began to drift back into consciousness. His tail swished from side to side as much as the restraint allowed it to. His tongue flicked in and out tasting the air, a metallic tinge drifted over his taste buds as he confidently licked the metal frame of the muzzle. He suddenly jolted to the side as he felt the prickling sensation of the needle being pushed into one of the veins in his legs. He started to struggle in his restraints, trying to break free from the bonds that currently strapped him down to the table, but to no avail.

"All done. Return him to the box" said the scientist as she pulled the syringe out and placed it on the table. She pulled off the gloves and exited the room without even glancing back at Vrael, whilst another subordinate entered the room with a metal pole that contained a thin metal hoop at the end. He placed the hoop over Vrael's neck and tightened it. He would now be able to move Vrael while still being at a safe distance. The subordinate who had helped the scientist with the experiment proceeded to unstrap Vrael. Once this was done, the male intern carried him back to the room. Vrael was suspended in mid air, held only by the tight metal hoop that was firmly around his neck. He tried to claw at the tight hoop but to no avail. He was dropped harshly back into the box and it was lights out again. He curled up in a corner, once again shrouded in darkness.

((Poor Vrael... I wanna cry...))

Klutz decided to aid Moona in the creation of the hat-like piece. because this part needed to be a little more three-dimensional, he made a ring of leaves.

"Now, we need to wetten the mush a little more in order for this to stay together. Can you go do that?" he asked.

Tyra nodded slowly and managed a smile, but is was an anxious, worried one. "I-I'm glad you're feeling better, Isthalas. Klutz will take care of you for now, I....I need to think..." she stated softly, turning 'round and walking off a ways. She still felt horrible; a tight knot sat like a dead weight in her stomach for leaving Vrael behind. Clenching her eyes shut, she slashed the ground angrily, letting out a soft growl. Anger swelled up inside her, anger towards the savage humans. She was normally a peaceful soul but she was almost at the point of breaking. How she wished she was an adult, then she could destroy that laboratory once and for all. Lifting her muzzle to the sky, she let out a high pitched, mournful dragon cry for her captive friends back at the lab. The ground below her began to freeze at her intense emotion, creating a circle of ice around her. I...I just can't...I can't leave all of them just to save myself...

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Ithsalas met the worried gaze of Song as she came up beside her asking if there was anything she could do. Isthalas shook her head, but she was very happy.- "It's alright, it means enough to know you are all alright."-Isthalas made a bold move and touched her nose to Song's cheek.- "Thank you."

The young vampire turned towards Klutz's voice and nodded once.-"Yes, Klutz, I can't think of anything I'd rather have than something made by a dear friend. And thank you as well, Moona, for helping him. As soon as this is done, we really should be on our way. After you've finnished the headpiece, you'll need to stop worrying about me and focus on getting yourself to that cave. Understand?" She really did appreciate, and take to heart, everything they said and were doing for her but, in the end, they were her top piority. When it was time to leave she'd have to rely on herself so that she wouldn't slow any of them down. This was going to be difficult, and she knew it better than any of them.-

Spyro said nothing, and stood at the edge of the clearing. He remain stock still, watching the hatchlings without showing any emotion. Now was not the time for him to interfere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skye gasped as Isthalas came into the clearing. Her wing was badly injured, something she had not noticed before. Climbing down the tree, the little Daydream said, "I-is there anything I can do?"

"oh sure!" Moona happily said. She picked some mush and went to the river to soak it. She came back with wet mush that was dripping."Is this wet enough?" she dropped the mush infront of Klutz.

Klutz looked at the mush Moona returned with.

"Yes. It should work. Now, what you need to do is put the leaves in the shape of a head, and put the mush between the leaves. It will stick them together."

He showed the hatchling by example. He took his ring of leaves he made earlier and rubbed a little bit of the leaf mush between each one. Eventually, the putty between them solidified, and Klutz held up the ring with pride. He trotted over to Isthalas and placed it on her head; it fit snugly.

"Now, we need to build up from the top, and build out from the sides. That way, even the spots not being touched can be shaded. Help me out!" he said, picking up the ring and setting it down again in front of Moona. He grabbed some leaves and began to arrange them around the ring that would soon give Isthalas strength.

Spyro waited for awhile as the other hatchlings treated the Vampire. His patience was running short though. The sun was fully up, and the humans would be out hunting for them any time now. The horse dragon walked slowly up to the others and said, "We need to leave. The humans will be here very soon, and there's no way the others in the lab can catch up." He paused for a few moments before motioning to Isthalas and adding, "She can ride on my back if she's too weak to walk."

Seeing everyone was preoccupied with something or someone, Tyra sighed and trudged off towards the stream nearby. Sitting on the riverbank by herself, she stared down at her reflection. Her eyes widened a bit as she noticed her dazzling white horns had become longer and sharper since the last time she saw her own reflection. Turning to the side, she also saw that she had tiny wings beginning to grow in, becoming long and slender. The stalks were a deep indigo blue, matching her main body scales, and the webbing was a pale, robin's egg blue. This brought a small smile to her face. Soon, she would be older, a young adult, and then she could rescue Vrael from the horrific laboratory prison.

Klutz was almost finished with the headpiece when Spyro walked up. He alerted that we need to leave.

"You are right. Moona and I'll finish this thing up in a moment." he said, wrapping up the project. He looked up at the sky. The awakening sun stretched it's warm, crimson-red fingers into the air above it as it delicately rose from the horizon. "Now, where is everyone?" he asked, looking around for his friends.

((Here's the list!

~~~Ready to leave:~~~

Klutz

~~~Yet to confirm:~~~

Skye

Moona

Isthalas

Zero

Fusion

Tyra

Song

Gizmo

Spyro

(Chasilin's Silver, name totally spacing me right now sad.gif )

Just copy-paste from the person above you and place your name in.))

Edited by thegreenrobby

((Moona is ready:D after she does some funny stuff....

Klutz

Moona

Skye

Isthalas

Zero

Fusion

Song

Gizmo

Spyro

(Chasilin's Silver, name totally spacing me right now )

Just copy-paste from the person above you and place your name in.))

Moona grabbed some mush and put it all over Isthalas body. Then, she put the leaves on the mush "Done! biggrin.gif" It looked pretty messy since she put it on Isthalas other than making a take off/put on object. "I think all the holes are covered." She looked at the rest of the mush and leaves. she grabbed a leaf and ate it. 'eww!" she spit it back out. "What kind of leaves are these?"

((Wow, ok, Tyra is officially forgotten or invisible now. xd.png Seriously, lol...

Klutz

Moona

Tyra))

Edited by Tyra-Ice

(( ~~~Ready to leave:~~~

Klutz

Moona

Tyra

Spyro

Skye

Isthalas

Zero

Fusion

Song

Gizmo

*Spyro said something to the group on the bottom of the last page for the ppl that missed it wink.gif ))

Edited by Moonbeam22

((You essentially tarred and feathered her!

@Tyra: how do you think I felt when nobody paid attention to Klutz during his nightmares?))

Klutz was taken backsidedly when Moona got up and pasted all of the material onto Isthalas.

"What the-" he stuttered, not being able to say anymore. He walked up to Isthalas, in somewhat of an awe as to what she had done.

"You know, this won't be a permenant solution. Next time she dips herself into water, it'll all fall off!" he looked up at Isthalas again, to capture the look on her face.

((That is, depending on how she reacts.))

((Lol, I didn't necessarily mean in the rp, I mean when you were calculating the list of people ready to leave and yet to confirm, you totally missed her even when I posted right before you... @robby))

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((Lol, I didn't necessarily mean in the rp, I mean when you were calculating the list of people ready to leave and yet to confirm, you totally missed her even when I posted right before you...  @robby))

((Oh wow. Derp! *Headdesk* Sorry there. I knew I was forgetting someone.

@Moombeam: I saw that. The part about carrying Isthalas is not up to me, but up to her.))

Edited by thegreenrobby

((Lol, no worries. wink.gif))

Tyra turned and trotted back to Isthalas, determination in her eyes. "Alright, we need to get moving. The two-leggeds will surely be after us now that the sun is up and they can see; last night in the dark, they couldn't see very well so we had the advantage," she instructed, flicking her tail back and forth, "Where are the others?" Her violet eyes and indigo reflected the gentle sunlight as she waited for a response. Already, however, she was beginning to loose strength. Being an ice dragon, if her body temperature rose too high, it could be fatal; of course, being so young, Tyra didn't know that.

Klutz

Moona

Tyra

Spyro

Skye

Isthalas

Mustafa (My Silver, Klutz ;P)

Zero

Fusion

Song

Gizmo))

Isthalaswas still at first, but as Sky began to lather her in goop and goo and leaves, she began to squirm. She knew she meant well but there was no way she could handle that weird sucking, pinching feeling. Her lip twitched and before too long she gave in and ran to the water, duning in her head and lifting it to splash some onto her back. All the mush and debris that had yet to dry, slid off her wetted scales and relieved her of her itching. Mosts of the hood had melted down but now the whole thing looked like an eerie cape...it pretty much suited her. She alread felt cool with the leaves having absorbed some of the water and with her iced wing, she was set to go. Padding back to Klutz and Skye she smiled apologetically but in the end it had worked out...right?

Spyro, the dragon on her top 'please don't talk to me' list, suprised her by offering her a ride. Isthalas stared at him wide eyed as if he'd just spoken in fleshie tongue. She didn't know what to say so she slammed her mask down and walked past him. Her inner self screamed and yelled and beat at her to turn around, accept his offer, and take it like a peace treaty, but no. She just kept walking. Poor SPyro, she though, he was really trying too. Feeling internally beaten and all around in and out exhausted, she began to make her way with the rest of the group that was beginning to leave. Even Mustafa was walking away with some of the older ones. Sun was up, hood was down, it was going to be a long trk to the cave.-