UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((2nd time in one day, jeez laugh.gif ))

((Don't worry. There will be an explanation later [Actually, there was a slight explanation in his last dream, if you think about it. But don't. I want it to be a bit of a surprise!{I also have a few other ideas up my sleeve. (But, in due time, will they come.)}]))

Klutz's deathly dream faded. It faded into nothing. He slept dreamlessly. He couldn't explain why. However, this dreamless sleep would not last long. Dreams would take over soon.

((Sorry! D=

My mom and I share a laptop and she uses it all the time for her Medical Billing and Coding lesson plans.))

Fusion had run out of the building a couple minutes after everyone else, trailing behind and eventually losing the mad dash for cover. Her body and mind kept telling her to sniff the ground, to see if she could find Song or any of the others... What did Song smell like? What was her scent? She remembered; it was very clean, almost kind in a way to the nose. The little dorsal tugged on one of her scales and set it down in the dirt near the building, just in case her momma found it. Then she went on her way, smelling the ground for Song of the Wolves. She soon came to an area that looked like dragons had been in it, but none were there now. Fusion began to get scared, she didn't like being alone! "Momma!" The dorsal wailed. "Momma! Where are you!" Unknown to her, the hole where her friends were hiding was only a short run away, about half the length of a football field. She started running, afraid of the all-encompassing darkness that seemed to want to eat her. Afraid of the lightening bugs that looked like flickering monster eyes. Afraid, just afraid.

"Momma!"

((Sorry! D=

My mom and I share a laptop and she uses it all the time for her Medical Billing and Coding lesson plans.))

Fusion had run out of the building a couple minutes after everyone else, trailing behind and eventually losing the mad dash for cover. Her body and mind kept telling her to sniff the ground, to see if she could find Song or any of the others... What did Song smell like? What was her scent? She remembered; it was very clean, almost kind in a way to the nose. The little dorsal tugged on one of her scales and set it down in the dirt near the building, just in case her momma found it. Then she went on her way, smelling the ground for Song of the Wolves. She soon came to an area that looked like dragons had been in it, but none were there now. Fusion began to get scared, she didn't like being alone! "Momma!" The dorsal wailed. "Momma! Where are you!" Unknown to her, the hole where her friends were hiding was only a short run away, about half the length of a football field. She started running, afraid of the all-encompassing darkness that seemed to want to eat her. Afraid of the lightening bugs that looked like flickering monster eyes. Afraid, just afraid.

"Momma!"

((Hello! Nice to see you still care!))

((@Fusion, I'm just glad she's alright D: We spent so many pages serching for Fusion that we finally had to give up x.x))

As Vrael sat there shrouded in total darkness, surrounded by 4 walls of solid steel and only a small hole in the ceiling for ventilation, something inside him snapped. It was as if the thin thread that held his former self intact, finally severed and along with it, his hopes and dreams. What remained was only a shell of the former Vrael, a shell filled with hatred and the desire for revenge at those who would leave him to die.

He no longer cared for friends, for family, for companionship and for freedom. Those things held no value, no meaning to him anymore...they only served as a reminder of the pain and abandonment he has been forced to endure.

He let out one blood curdling wail before dropping to his side. The mental exhaustion had taken its toll on him causing him to slip into unconsciousness.

((Too much? tongue.gif))

((Not at all, doing this is going to make for an interesting plot twist later not doubt x3))

-Isthalas tipped her jaw up wards as a voice reaches her.-

"Momma!"

-It had said and it was a dragon. Isthalas disregarded everyone around her and twisted her neck left and right to hear it again. She was bracing herself to run again'Could it be...' she didn't finsih the thought, she didn't want to get her hopes up, because for all she knew, her fatigue could be playing mind games with her and Song had already gone after it. Just then she remembered Klutz and knew she could not leave him this time.-

Edited by Chasilin

Song heard a cry out, and immediately snapped her head towards it. Fusion is the only one who says that! she thought, getting to her feet. "I'll be right back!" she called as she raced into the darkness. As she got farther away, she cast her mind out to see if she could find Fusion's. "Fusion! Where are you? Fusion!" Song called, unable to see. Even then, she kept on running through the inky blackness until she crashed into something. Something warm and living. "Fusion?" she whispered, getting up.

((This made me cry a little bit, writing this.))

Klutz's unconcious sleep was partially interupted by a warm feeling. A familiar voice of a male dragon started to form in his head.

"Hey there. Um, I'm not sure if you can hear me at all, but, um, it's me. Your father. I don't know what those humans are doing to you, but you can't believe them. You must seek a way out. The laboratory is extremely dangerous for a hatchling like you."

The voice started to break up, as if the speaker was crying.

"Please come home. I love you and miss you very much." A small sniffle. "Please come home." There was vocal sobbing from the voice. After a moment, the crying faded away. Klutz started to tear up, too. He slowly woke up, with small beads of tears in his eyes. He was a little surprised to see Isthalas curled up next to him, but it was nice to see her, as he had something to say to her.

"Isthalas?" he said, in a slightly sad-sounding voice.

Tyra dipped her head shyly, her deep indigo cheeks turning a slight pale blue in embarrassment. "O-Oh....w-well thank y-you," she stammered nervously, curling her tail around her legs as she sat down, "Mustafa...you said?" Her violet eyes looked into his then quickly looked away. What kind of dragon is he...? she wondered. Her thoughts, however, were interrupted by a slight rumbling from her stomach. Glancing down, she blinked, confused for a moment, then remembered she hadn't eaten in hours.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((user posted image))

Klutz got up. He went over to his friends, who were right outside. The sleep almost completely cleared his tanish, scaly legs from the electrocution burns. He felt little pain on them.

"Guys?" he said. He panned from left to right, seeing everyone.

"I had a revelation. It came from my dad."

Skye climbed out of the roots just in time to see Song run off. "Hey where are you-" was all she could manage before she was out of sight. Letting out a huge yawn, the Daydream curled up under a bush near the tree to take a nap.

-------------------------

"Finally, the guns have stopped," Spyro muttered, getting to his feet. He had tried to get some extra rest before nightfall, but of course it was humans that had ruined that for him. Letting his red eyes sweep the forest, he saw claw marks. Tiny ones at that. Hatchlings? he thought, bending his head down to inspect them more closely.

Yep, definitely hatchlings... I wonder if they escaped from the lab too, Spyro pondered. Deciding that he should see for sure, the horse dragon trotted down the hill, following the tracks closely.

((Hello? Anyone here? I was hoping that somebody, no ANYBODY, notices Klutz? Hello?

I found him in the Cave! See?

EDIT: You can't post your egg...

Anyways, I found a Ochredrake egg in the cave, and I'll name it Klutz.))

Edited by thegreenrobby

((Can Spyro be like Gizmo's old friend before he was captured or something? That would be cool. :3))

((Sigh. Nobody listenes to Klutz... /shot))

Klutz was still thinking about what the voice had said, himself. Could it really have been my dad? Naw... his mind pondered. I'm probably just hungry.

"Did you guys find some Man-goes?" He asked as his stomach rumbled. He hadn't eaten since he hatched. "I'm really hungry."

((Sure! biggrin.gif ))

Spyro soon came across a huge oak tree by a river. He could just make out a couple of hatchlings in the roots. Standing over them and turning his head to look down he said, "Ho there! What're you doing down there? The humans are gone ya know, and it's best you got moving." Though he didn't think he was an intimidating figure, the fact that he stood over a hundred feet tall certainly made him look a bit more like that.

((Song found Fusion and Giz has a new friend to interact with.))

Gizmo heard a familiar voice and raised his head. "Spyro!" he cheered, fluttering up to his face. Gizmo was about half the Horse's size, but that didn't matter to him. "I haven't seen you in so long!" he said excitedly.

"Nope. I didn't find Man-goes. I found... Oy-nan-gees. Or something like that." Moona said. She tilted her head as yawned. "I never imagined it would be this hard to live in the wild." she pulled solo me grass from the ground and threw te grass in the air."It gets boring here." She said. She rolls over and looked at the Ochredrake,Klutz.

Klutz stretched his aching muscles. He was hungry, when he noticed the tree that Moona recently climbed. His attention, however, was on the delicately hanging, bright red fruit that dangled from the leafy branches.

"Is that... a Man-goe?" he questioned aloud. "I want one!"

Klutz swirved around his hatchling peers, and when there was nothing between the tree and Klutz, he darted towards the tree. Head first, he colided with the stalk, dropping a few fruits to the grass-laden ground. Klutz rubbed his head, and then licked his lips as he picked up the appetizing, sunset red foodstuff with his forepaw. His stomach growled as if to say 'What are you waiting for, man? Let me have it!' So, Klutz did. With a loud Crunch! the teeth of the hatchling sunk into the flesh of the juicy food. His mouth was flooded with intense, raw flavor. With his mouth full, he exclaimed, "Oh yeah! That's good stuff!" With a little bit of chewing, the bolus was swallowed and sent down to his stomach.

One bite was not satisfying. So he took another. And another. And another. Each bite was just as good as the last. Klutz had eaten the whole thing, seeds, core and all. He uttered a small, satisfying belch.

"Hey, guys! These Man-goes are delicious!"he encouraged, picking up and showing off another one that had fallen. "Try one!"

"Giz! How are you?" Spyro said, turning to his old friend. He paused for a moment before adding, "Do you have any idea why all these hatchlings are here? Or why those dumb humans were shooting at 'em?"

The fruit Klutz was offering to his hatch-mates became too tempting for him. He scarfed it down.

He looked out again; there were two older hatchlings talking with each other. They seemed like friends. He overheard one ask another a question.

"Do you have any idea why all these hatchlings are here? Or why those dumb humans were shooting at 'em?"

He couldn't help but chime in.

"We escaped! They captured us, and I don't know what those humans were doing to us, but we didn't believe them. The laboratory is extremely dangerous!" he exclaimed, paraphrasing his father.

-Istahals was about to eply to the young dragon as he called out to her but before she had the chance he got up and went outside. Isthalas felt suddenly unimportant but she was just glad he was okay. Laying her neck down, as everyone had gathered about outside, she closed her eyes to try to get some rest. As soon as she let her guard down her muscles started to shake from the over exertion they'd gone under.-

------------

-Mustafa smiled politely, the dragoness failed to mention her name so he hinted once more.- "Well, you're more than welcome, '....'?" He htiched his sentence to imply he had yet to gather her name.-

"Thank you, uh, name please?" Gizmo asked, turning to Klutz. He landed on the ground in front of the tiny hatching and scooped him up in a paw. "You said you escaped? From some 'laboratory' thing?" Gizmo returned his attention to Spyro. "I guess they are homeless, then." He looked a little sad. "Hey hatchlings, you can stay with me! I've got a cave near the mountains!" he exclaimed cheerfully, gesturing to the range of brown mountains.

((An older character inviting several younger characters to come with him?(>*O*)>))

"Name's Klutz. Atleast, that's what the humans called me. I don't know my actual name is," he said, looking down. He saw a fruit on the ground; it was one he knocked down earlier. He picked it up and offered it to his new friend.