UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Song was a bit surprised. What a weird question... she thought. "Well, you smell like, well, you. Just not as.... metal-ee? Well, I could still find you through scent. The other hatchlings are back in a hole under a tree's roots, and we need to get going. Humans will come in the morning and fire sharp things at us with long black sticks," Song said to the Dorsal, worry creeping into her voice. "We have to hurry!" she said urgently, pointing with her tail in the general direction of the hatchlings. "Can't you smell them?"

Spyro amused himself in watching the hatchlings swim. For a little while at least. A sound... a very faint sound caught his attention. Something was in the bushes to his left. It was watching him. The horse dragon did not need to see it to know it was a human. They stank so badly he could identify it in a heartbeat.

He pretended that he did not notice it for a couple of minutes, still pretending to watch the hatchlings. Just as he sensed the human trying to retreat backwards, he let out a growl, leapt over the bushes and pinned the human down by the shoulders with his front hooves. The human struggled feebly, even attempting to reach for his gun. Spyro snorted and picked the gun up and threw it into the river. "Hey guys, look what I caught sneaking 'round," he called over his shoulder to the others.

Edited by Moonbeam22

Spyro leapt up and over into the bushes, taking Klutz by surprise. He 'swam' so to speak, towards him. A large stick flew up from that direction, and landed in the river, next to Tyra.

"Hey guys, look what I caught sneaking 'round,'" called the horse dragon.

He was already on his way there. He looked over there to see... a human?

"Ooh!" he said, exictedly. He walked up cautiously. Realizing that the human probably meant harm, he attempted to scratch his cheek. He went to far into it, though, and the entire forepaw went in action, slapping the human. Klutz giggled at the funny sound the human made when that happened. So, he did it again. And again. And again.

Slap, slap, slap, slap, slap, slap!

He was having a blast. And he was sure that Spyro was enjoying it, too.

Moona watched as Klutz said that "Song and Fusion will be fine" She wasn't very sure." Do ya think so? What if they aren't even near each other?" she said. She neared Klutz and took a Man-goes off the tree. She ate it. It tasted pretty ripe." I don't think these are man-goes." she said. Moona sighed and heard a rustling in the bush.

((8D you won't know what I'm doing. I'm making some random animal appear. Also, what season is it? Moona would luv luv LUV to see snow.)))

((I'm thinking it's somewhere in the middle of fall. The apples are plenty ripe.

And, I'm pretty sure if we let the human go, he'll run away. I think we traumatized him enough, eh, Spyro?))

Swimming towards the river bank, Tyra climbed up about half way and lay down, resting. She took a deep breath, a huge grin on her face. That swim had been amazing! Hearing Spyro's voice, she turned to look and saw he had a human pinned to the ground! Scrambling up off the riverbank, she hurried towards them, her legs taking long strides. "You...you caught a two-legged?!" she exclaimed in disbelief. She kept her distance, still very fearful of the humans.

((Spyro isn't that nice to humans... so nope! xd.png))

Spyro laughed as Klutz slapped the humans across the face several times. When Tyra came up and seemed surprised at his. ability he said in a slightly amused voice, "They aren't that smart... or tough." However, his amusement only lasted a moment before he added, "This one was probably scouting out ahead for the others... I don't want him runnin back and telling his buddies we're so close." And with that, Spyro reared up and smashed his hoof down on the human, crushing his skull and killing him instantly. "There," the horse dragon said, stepping off of the broken figure.

Edited by Moonbeam22

Klutz watched the horse dragon crunch the skull under his hoof.

The blood and gore that came out was more than sickening. Klutz didn't feel well, after having a front row seat to that. It also, sadly, reminded him of his dreams. The dying Ochredrake and Magi, all fresh in his mind. Klutz was overwhelmed; he burst into tears.

Spyro turned to Klutz as he began to cry. "Hey little guy, what's wrong?" he asked, lowering her head to look the little Orchedrake in the eye. "You don't feel bad for the human, do ya?" he asked, bewildered at the thought of sympathy for such a foul creature. Edited by Moonbeam22

((Man, should've tortured it some more. D: Swing 'im at the other humans ike a baseball bat. xd.png))

"No. I don't like the humans, but you don't have to kill them!" he said, bursting into more tears. He continued talking, silently. "Why does everyone have to die? All the blood. Nobody kills for no reason, do they? Why?"

Spyro gave Klutz a gently shove and said, "Hey, if I let him escape and live, he would have told the others we were here and all of us would be screwed! We'd all end up either dead or in the lab. Dragons kill to survive. End of story." This little hatchling would not survive long if he wasn't willing to fight for his life.

Tyra scooted backwards a bit, not sure what to do or think about the two-legged. Then suddenly, before she could do anything, Spyro reared up and crushed the human's scull with his hooves, killing him instantly. Tyra's violet eyes widened at the sight, blood seeped from the wound and began forming a puddle around the victim, staining the lush green grass red. The whole scene horrified her, she was only a hatchling and had only seen other small creatures killed for food, not something as large as a human. Normally her parents would have hunted and given her small bites of meat, very slowly showing her how Dragons hunted for food. This death was a shock, seeming to snap her back to reality; she wasn't ready for the knowledge yet. Her breathing became quick. She couldn't seem to take her eyes off the mutilated head of the human. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore and scurried off, not bearing to look at the awful scene of death any longer.

-Isthalas hadn't heard Klut'z invitaton to swim nor did she take notice to the droplets of water that now slid down her scales. She made no sign to hint that she was moving, only when a hatchling she didn't know leapt over a fence and called back, did she visibly take a step towards him. She stopped. Klutz ran by. Klutz began to hit the fleshie that the other dragon had found. Klutz was near a fleshie. Klutz...Fleshie... Isthalas broke into a sprint and dashed between Klutz and the fleshie just as Klutz began to cry. Hissing fiercely at the other stranger dragon she didn't recogniz she took up a defensive stance and stuck her wings out as a barrier between it and Klutz. She let out another hiss but this one was to disguize the scream she wanted to let out at the pain of the broken bone.- "What did you do! You should have let that thing go! Can't you see what you're doing to Klutz? You're no better than the fleshies when you kill it!" -Isthalas refused to move and she glared unblinkingly at the dragon. In a sinister voice she said, in a way that generaly means she's not giving you an option otherwize.- "Move."

-----------

Mustafa blinked in surprise as Isthalas emerged, he watched her all the while she remained still. The sceond she moved, his eyes followed her. When she stopped and hissed at Spyro he snapped out of his daze. Moving with his ethereal lucidity he came up adjacent to the two.-

"Move."

Mustafa almost flinched at the tone but he let out a sigh of a word.- "Well...." -He looked between the two of them and gave his charming smile.- "There is no need to fight. Ladies as beautiful as yourself aught to be a little more docile in times like these. Think of your little friend there...you could be scaring him you know." Mustafa couldn't really see the dragon veiled behind her wings but he did see Isthalas recoil as if she'd been slapped. Clearly, the last thing she wanted to do, was make things worse for Klutz, who she seemed to care an unreasonably lot about. She actually bowed her head and grit her teeth as she muttered out an apology. Mustafa watched her wings pull back to her side and witnessed the cringe she made. Mustafa knew why and he almost felt bad for interfering. Looking to Spyro he smiled.- " It would have been best to let the human go...we don't want any internal fighting." Mustafa directed his voice towards Klutz.- "There's no need for any bloodshed, you're very right about that." Mustafa turned to look into the night, he surprised himself by wondering about the wellfare of that white. He didn't know why he'd thought of her, he didn't seem to be very interesting. Bothered by how he couldn't get her out of his head he sighed and turned to stare at the human.- "Pitiful really, aren't you?...."

Edited by Chasilin

Spyro's words were not re-assuring. He wanted to run away from everything. Run away from the violence and the heartlessness. But he couldn't. He was still here. Klutz dried up his tears, so he could say something.

"Well, if we are going to go to the cave, we should go now. Any later, and it'll be sunrise before me make it there." Klutz knew that they had to survive. Whatever the cost may be. He may not agree with it, but Spyro was right. "Lets get going as soon as Song and Fusion come back."

((EDIT: Chasilin? You do realize that the human is already dead?))

Edited by thegreenrobby

((Klutz ignored Isthalas xDDD

EDIT; Yeah, that's why I adjusted my post to fit to that xd.png))

Edited by Chasilin

((Klutz didn't ignore her. They posted about the same time (Look at the times!), so mine just happened to come right after your post.))

When the Vampire hatchling told him to move, he snorted and said, "Make me. None of you are going to survive if you have sympathy for humans. They have none for us. We have none for them." Spyro was not about to get bossed around by a bunch of underfed hatchlings.

----------------------

Skye wandered over to the group around some... thing. It was a bloody mess, but she had been fine with the bird, so it didn't bother her much. Was it a human? Maybe, maybe not. She stayed quiet and out of the argument.

Edited by Moonbeam22

Moona looked at the dead human and backed away a little. " Eew!" she said. She turned to Spyro. "You had to do that?" she said angrily. "The human would probably forget where we were!" she said. She threw the core of the man-goes at the ground. It bounced straight up and hit her head. She looked at the man-goes and kicked it into the water. Moona flushed a little, embarrassed at what she had done. ((Whatever's xd.png the animals will come later.))

Isthalas felt her lip twitch and she hissed again.- "I would like to think that most of us here are better than someone as pitiful as yourself. You're a pathetic excuse for a dragon." -She hissed once more, baring her fangs and letting them glint as they relished the idea of sinking into his neck. Spinning around she kicked dirt behind her at the dragon and walked off.- "I'm going to go find Song and Fusion. Stay put and you." she glared over her shoulder at the dragon.- " I don"t care who you are but what you have to offer is what counts in this case. I won't let these hatchlings suffer because I dislike your tarnished hide." -With that she was off, dissapearing into the blackness, still kind of wounded about Mustafa had said. She decided, as she walked, that she would leave Klutz alone. He probably really was afraid of her and she knew she wasn't going to be of much help if all she could do was overreact and resort to violence. As she was mentally beating herself up she caught the scent of Song and ran off after it to let the wind blow away her worries.-

Unfazed by the hatchling's strong words, Spyro kicked a mound of dirt over the human carcass, hiding the gruesome sight from the hatchlings. Without a word, he walked down to the river to wash the blood from his hooves. Hatchlings... he thought grumpily. Edited by Moonbeam22

Vrael writhed and squirmed in his exhaution enduced slumber, as haunted silohouettes danced through his mind always managing to evade his touch. These apparations teased and taunted the young dragon while he slept. As time passed these dreams gradually got more sinister, the apparations slowly took the form of those he once considered friends. They would run circles around the lonely hatchling nipping at his legs, his tail, his ears, as their morbid laughter haunted him.

Back in reality Vrael clawed out, effectively slashing a frozen stalagtite that had formed inside his prison. His tail lashed around wildly as if posessed by a crazed entity whose sole purpose was to escape. In his mind, the ghastly phantasms of his former friends ran further into the darkness of his mind till they were no longer. As they gradually disappeared into the darkest depths of his mind, so did the memory of the times he had shared with them. One single teardrop rolled down from his closed eye, slowly freezing over. He was now truly alone in the world, his only purpose was to serve the humans... the only things who have yet to abandon him.

Tears sliding down the female ice hatchling's cheeks, she pushed past the circle of dragons that had begun to form around the human, brushing by Spyro, Isthalas, Skye, Moona, and Klutz. She ran, not looking back, until she came to the base of the tree they'd been hiding at for protection. Using her small, sharp claws, she climbed up the trunk, making her way high into the thick, sturdy branches of the tall tree. Finally, she came to a stop, lying down in the nook of a large branch, and curled her tail about her. She sniffled and tried to refrain from crying but frosty tears began to roll down her cheeks. She hated this... Why couldn't she have grown up with her family, not in some horrific lab?! And poor Vrael...he was still there. The one hatchling she could connect to and who understood her because of their many similarities she had abandoned. She hated herself for that...she hated the fighting, the death...the pain...

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"C'mon Fusion, the sun is rising!Let's go!" she insisted, hearing footsteps. ((Though she didn't know it was Isthalas.)) If we don't go now, the humans will kill us with their noise-sticks or take us back to the Lab! she thought worriedly, gritting her teeth.