UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Yeah, I wonder what they are..." she said, still unable to take her gaze off the sleeping robin. It smelled so... yummy. Licking her jaws, Skye slowly crept down from the rock and stalked over to the tree. She crouched directly below the robin, and sprung upwards, catching it in her talons. Before it could even think about crying out, she snapped it's neck, and picked it up in her mouth.

Skye bounded over to Tyra and Klutz and asked, "You guys hungry? I think we can eat this." She placed it on the ground, and torn it down the middle, pulling it apart so they didn't have to eat around all the feathers. The scent was so tempting, but she knew that she needed to wait to see if the others wanted some too.

Skye surprisingly bounded out of the hidey hole. She returned with some strange creature. It had wings like a dragon, but it was covered in feathers.

Klutz watched the bird. It looked tasty. Unfortunately, it suddenly didn't look as tasty when he saw the blood spurting from it's broken neck. He thought back to his horrific nightmare. Skye offered some to him.

"No thanks," he said with a chill down his spine, though that could just be Tyra. "I think I'll wait for something else. Those Man-goes sound good."

Edited by thegreenrobby

Skye blinked in surprise at his refusal. Maybe the blood scares him a bit, she thought, looking at the bird carcass. Tyra had yet to reply... she might want to try some. Unless the 'man-goes' appealed to her more than the fresh kill.

((Eh, short post))

Skye blinked in surprise at his refusal. Maybe the blood scares him a bit, she thought, looking at the bird carcass. Tyra had yet to reply... she might want to try some. Unless the 'man-goes' appealed to her more than the fresh kill.

((Eh, short post))

((Skye saw what Klutz had dreamt. I'm sure she can put together why he didn't want the robin.))

Anniena was the next. She was released. But instead of running through and dodging, she kept close to the edge and walked. She made it to the other side, barely suffering any pain. She ate her food and drank the water happily. Annie was brought to a large room all to herself with food that didn't make her tired. Nor did the water. She even had a nice nest in a corner.

((Don't think the scientist are being nice. They aren't.))

Moonlight was put in a small room with little food and water, and only the cold floor for a nest. She curled up sadly. I must know what to do. That was her only thought.

Annie had heard Moonlight since she wasn't keeping her thoughts quiet. She had joined in the plan. They stayed silent, seeming to think.

"Well," Klutz stifled, before taking a large yawn in. "Unless you have some man-goes, or I can walk to get my own, I think I'll take a nap. I'm tired."

His eyelids grew heavy. Alertness faded from him like the sunset that occurred only a few minutes back. The world went blurry. "Good ni-" He fell asleep before finishing his sentence.

Ocius frowned when Annie was taken away. How were they supposed to escape if they could not stay together long enough? He moved away from the door and curled up, thinking of what they could do about the watchers and what they would do once they got past them.

-Isthalas ran in silence, her legs were aching, every muscle in her mody was screaming for a chance to rest, but Isthalas would not grant them to it, not yet. Above her Song fell through, she wanted to stop and wait but her legs, if they stopped, would not be able to start again. Griting her teeth and feeling annoyed by her own weakness, kept on running.

------------

Mustafa wached with the same expression as they ran, the forest darted in the opposite direction and blurred in his periphrial(Sp?) vision as they went on. He too had heard the white fall from above them but seeing Isthalas continued, he did not hesitate to keep up. For some reason, he just seemed to be able to follow her and her admirable determination. He probably was only sticking around bcause he thought she would be interesting to get know, he wanted to discover her secrets and hold something above her. Mustafa liked to monopolize things he took interests in, she was a shiney new toy, and he was determined to play around with her. That was his weird way of making friends...

-------------

Isthalas felt better as soon as Song came runnin up behind them from in the trees, that was quickly shattered by the white's words.

I'm afraid that we will have to move on tomorrow morning. If not, the pink ones will come back for us with their noise-sticks. Fusion will have to find us unless she was recaptured or.... or..."

Isthalas clenched her jaw and narrowed her eyes.- "Don't you dare think that way. Song, I am positive she is fine, she's smart, she's small, and she's fast enough. She is not caught, and she is not dead. Got that?!" -she near growled out the last bit from between her teeth because talking made her want to pant. She desperately had to be sure she wouldn't. Isthalas veered sharply and of course, Mustafa was close behind her, keeping pace without ever breaking that irritating look of total calm.- "As for heading back and leaving by daybreak, I agree. Let's go!" -Isthalas was aware of the other dragon but she did not care to ask about it. It had come back with Song, so it wasn't Isthalas's business.

-------------

Mustafa was slightly excited, he was going to meet other dragons for the first time in a very long time! Though, he couldn't picture them, when he tried, he only saw whites and vampires....that kinda seemed depressing... Running in silence he followed Isthalas with ease, he took notice of the dragon but since Isthalas said nothing, as he was sure she'd noticed too, he'd feel rather strange speaking up. He was, after all, a total stranger.

-------------

Before long they reached up to the little hidey hole, Skye and Tyra were outside of it staring up at the night sky. Isthalas slowed her pace and tensed her muscles so they would not shake or collapse under her. Coming to a walk she went up to the two.- "Tyra, how's your throat? After that smoke, you seemed like you were coughing a lot, and your arm is it alright?" -That was the first thing she said after being back.-

((Klutz is now two days old!

Also, please enjoy this writing. It made my hands shake.))

Klutz was running as fast as he can. He knew he should stop, lest bad things happen. He swirved around trees and vines. The running went on for minutes straight.Run. Run. Run. Run. Run, he told himself.

He came to a clearing. I've been running long enough now. They must be gone. Klutz stopped, panting aloud. He didn't feel safe, though. He looked down at his legs.

Are they... orange?

He looked back up. He wasn't alone, anymore. Atleast 8 humans had surrounded him, in a near perfect circle, at that. And each and every one of them had one of those loud rockshooters, aimed right at him.

Klutz was scared. He had nowhere to go. Nowhere to run. Nobody he knew nearby. No Isthalas, or Skye, or Tyra, or Zero, or Song. He was going to die in a ditch, alone. And his parts were going back to the lab to be tested. He burst into tears of fear. He closed his eyes.

Boom! B-boom! Bo-bo-boom! each of the shooters fired, independently. Then the firing stopped. But he wasn't dead. He peeked open his eye. He was astounded to see that the strange bullet rocks surrounded him in a perfect circle, floating in mid-air, spinning rapidly.

"What?" he exclaimed aloud. He had no idea what helped him, but he was glad it happened.

"You aren't hurting him on my watch. He's under my protection!" A deep, semi-heroic voice boomed. It came from the top of the trees that he had just ran by.

It was a Magi. Something about him seemed familiar, but his only true distinction was a large rip down his right wing.

The character swooped down, landing only a few fore-leg lengths away. He grinned. All the floating rocks dropped down, as if they had died. All the humans glanced up at the Magi.

"Leave him be, or face my wrath!"

Almost in uniform, all of the humans picked up their rockshooters and aimed for him. The Magi's eyes widened right before he was shot at. Boom! B-boom! Bo-bo-boom! The sound of the rockshooters was getting deafening. But that was the least of his matters. He poor friend and saviour was shot several times in several places. The chest, the wings, the head, the legs. The Magi was whiplashed around from each of the bullets a bit before collapsing in a pool of his blood.

Klutz started to cry, furthermore. After the Magi was pronounced dead by one of the humans, all shooters returned the fire to the emotionally scarred Klutz. He knew what was going to happen next, but there was nothing he could do about it.

A sharp, stinging pain was felt in his back. He was shoved forward by the momentum. One by one, he felt more pains and shoves. He was helplessly ragdolled around the circle. The humans dissappeared from his vision as he fell into a puddle or red. His last voice was a tearful one.

"Who are you, Magi?"

Hearing the others approach, Tyra turned her head and smiled. "Isthalas!" she cried, her voice still a little raspy but much better now. She hopped down from her perch on the rock and trotted over to the vampire. "Klutz found this little grey thing wedged between my scales and pulled it out. It must have been the thing making me so exhausted," she explained, sitting down, "As for my arm, I believe it's almost healed." Her violet eyes glinted with the reflexion of the bright stars and moon above.

However, she quickly became silent, seeing Isthalas wasn't alone. "....Who's that?" she asked shyly, motioning towards Mustafa.

Isthalas was genuinely glad to hear the words that came out of Tyra's mouth. Before Tyra could ask about Mustafa the vampire was already moving towards the tangled roots. She wanted to see that Klutz was alright. Just as her nose made it into the hidey hole Tyra hinted about Mustafa and Isthalas half looked over her shoulder, but said nothing. He could introduce himself. Then, she was gone, her eyes scanning the blackness beneath the tree for Klutz, she found him curled up sleeping. Isthalas was afraid to wake him so she went to him, walked a path around him, and curled up behind him so that his spine curved along her flank. She rested on belly, her head tucked between her two front legs, her tail curled around behind Klutz. It was a protective position. She welcomed the wave of fatigue and felt her muscles throb with pain but it was a good pain, it reminded her of how far she was willing to go for these hatchlings, even if she put up a barrier about herself.

---------------

Mustafa watched Isthalas go, stop, then dissapear. Turning to the young ice dragon he gave her the full-on dazzling gaze of his gold and silver specked emerald eyes. Against the lithe and gently glowing body, his eyes were gems, they looked at her calmly. With his most seductive voice he said gently." It is indeed a pleasure to meet you. My name is Mustafa and I am certainly lucky to have crossed paths with such a dazzling dragon such as yourself. Might I have your name?"

((Isthalas doesn't show emotion well....-scratches temple- eh heh... the best she could do was lay protectively around him for comfort....TT-TT))

((She may not show it well, but Klutz is. It seems as if Isthalas doesn't notice it. Other than the protective position, that is.))

Seeing that nobody else had any interest in the robin, Skye began eating. The meat was still warm, chemical free, and very tasty. She finished it in a few quick gulps, before running over to where everyone else was grouped.

((Short...))

((Still waiting to get my second charrie approved...))

((I know Klutz openly shows emotion x3 Isthalas is aware of it too ^^ It's alot.png of why she wants to protect him...though she just can't admit it....here I'll try something...))

Isthalas couldn't just sit still as the ochredrake shook, beads of pearls leaking from behind his mournful expression. Lifting her head and leaning over him she nudged his cheek gently with her nose.- "Klutz..." she said, she was worried and it came out as a frustrated, helpless whine. Calmly she tried her own at comforting...- "Klutz, it's okay, no matter what it is, I'll chase all the bad things away...okay?" -Making an expression that showed her frustration at being unable to help she buried her face behind his neck.- As I thought...I'm not cut out for this... she thought pitifully to herself.

((EDIT: -stares at llama furry thingy- WHAT IS THAT!!!! -breaks down laughing- It popped out out of nowhere!!!!))

Edited by Chasilin

((Epic. Fail.))

((Edit: I'm keeping alot.png >.>))

Edited by Chasilin

((If you typed 'a lot' without a space, than that creature, the alot.png, will show up. *Snickers*))

Song caught up, panting as she descended from the tree. She's not dead, she's not dead, she's not dead, she's not dead, Song thought, trying to convince herself. Isthalas is right. Fusion is smart, she'll find us. "Ho, Klutz, Tyra," she said, looking down into the hidey-hole. "Hi Skye," she said cheerfully, giggling because it rhymed. Skye looked busy, so Song turned to Isthalas, Klutz, and Mustafa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gizmo spiraled down through the trees and landed near the hatchlings, whom he towered over like a mountain. "Hello!" he said cheerfully. The White called Song turned away as if embarrassed. "This... is Gizmo," she said flatly.

((hrmm last I checked Klutz is a sleep and Isthalas is wrapped around him protectively trying to comfort him and failing miserably.....))

-Isthalas rubbed her face against the ocherdrake and looked up straight-faced to Song and the new dragon, refusing to reveal any sign of weakness. Narrowing her eyes at the dragon Song adressed as Gizmo she looked him up and down and then away, disinterested. However, she did say, under her breath, "Isthalas...and he's Klutz." she said pointing her nose down at the sleeping ocherdrake. Since there were others, she couldn't move or shy away from them and she couldn't very well put her head back down. So, she stayed. Not moving from where she was, she stared at the nothingness infront of her intensely, she was still where she lay beside Klutz.

-------------

Outside, Mustafa patiently waited for the Ice dragon to reply to his request for a name.-

Edited by Chasilin

"Well, i heard Man-goes grow in zun-zer. Its like, when the days are hottest. they say thats when the man-goes are ripe. I heard some pink creatures having a conservation about it." Moona said. "A man-goes tree might somewhere here." she said. she started climbing a apple tree. "hmm... Uh.. are thse... Bay-nas? or... Oy-and-jis? no... Ap-lees." She said. "i'm really not used to this. She saw a worm inside the apple. "A.. A WOYM!" She said. she picked up the worm and threw it. "eww. Now this fruit is bad. P.U." She said. "Is there any good foods we can eat?" She said. she climbed back down and ran back down to the tree again.

((So is everyone here, then?

If that's the case, I'm waiting on the Daydream. If they don't do something soon, though, I'll wake Klutz up myself.))

((Everyone is there apart from Fusion...they'll get ready to leave soon, they'll have to leave before daybreak...or Isthalas is going to be fighting against her natural limits during the whole time during the daylight hours.... -glad she had the scientists experiment on her to allow her to stay awake and functional during the day- but it's still very draining...))

Edited by Chasilin

((2nd time in one day, jeez laugh.gif ))

"Oh, hi Song!" Skye said happily, walking back over to the oak. Klutz caught her attention, and she saw that he was thrashing in his sleep. Oh no, not again.... she thought miserably. Moving carefully so she didn't fall, Skye climbed down the roots to him and touched her nose to his head.

Ready for the horrid images, the young Daydream cast her mind into his. Summoning her powers, she cast the dream away. This time Skye decided to leave him with a dreamless sleep, and withdrew without further action.

((Oh dear. So much to read... better get the ice cream.. I'm going to be here for awhile D:))