Moonbeam22

Dragon Clans of the Elements

Ayra came to a sudden halt as Tyra flew to her father. She turned around and said, "I hope you have learned your lesson Tyra. You should not have crossed into DarkClan territory." Raising her head to the darkening sky, Ayra murmured, "It's time for the Gathering..." And with that, she soared off in a blur towards the shrine.

Missy looked up.Full moon today? The gathering! she thought. should I wait?... I think so... She sat down waiting for Ayra to come. She saw Ayra soaring off somewhere in the sky. probably to the shrine. she thought.

Shatterheart wraped his large arms around his daughter. "shh" he sothed his daughter. Looking in to the sky the ice dragon watched Ayra head towards the shrine. Sighing The great leader spread his wings "hold on tyra" Within a second he and his daughter were off.

Tyra nodded slowly as tears poured down her face. She clung to her father and tucked her wings in so as not to create drag in the wind. The little ice hatchling felt awful. All she'd wanted to do was make it up to her father; instead, she'd managed to get captured and tortured by the Dark Clan. What kind of daughter was she? Feeling very ashamed, she hid her face in her father's scales.

With a small sigh, Song looked around. It was much too warm for her liking down at ground level. It was unnatural. Trees rustled. Songbirds chattered. The wind did not howl as it did in the mountains. I've been here many times... But why does it feel different all of a sudden? Her sharp ears soon picked up the beating of wings and Song realized that the other leaders and the Great Ayra were nearing. Missy the EarthClan healer, Shatterheart the WaterClan leader.... Who else is that? Too young to be leader. Smells like WaterClan. It is.... Miss Tyra, his daughter? But Tyra isn't the healer, is she? Why is she coming? she thought, scanning the skies for the other leaders and healers.

Not being able to pick dragons out of the cloudy sky, Song returned her gaze to the land. They must be too far away to see, she thought, starting to grow the tiniest bit impatient. She trotted over to a nearby pond for a refreshing drink, then quickly returned back to her position at the Shrine.

Alania saw the streak of blue and violet soaring off in the direction of the altar.

It's not a full moon yet...things must be bad to be calling the leaders this early.

She hopped down out the Mother Tree and landed in front of Dajima.

"Dajima, wake up your guards. Get them moving. I want them all up and patrolling for now. Ayra is calling us together at the shrine, and it would be the perfect time for DarkClan to attack when the Leaders are all gathered away from their territories. Stay put and keep watch over the tree."

Dajima nodded and rose up, letting out a loud bellow to rouse his guards. Scattered around the tree, shapes rose from the ground around her roots. Dragons of various breeds yawned and shook themselves awake to prepare for their patrols. The early-risers started pacing around the tree in a purposeful manner, beginning their watch. Others fanned out to their positions throughout the forest. Dajima remained at his place in front of the Mother Tree, his massive, armor-clad body blocking out the main entrance.

Alania turned in the direction of the shrine. With a determined growl, she rattled her antlers and bounded off into the forest, running at full speed toward Ayra's sacred altar.

As they neared the sacred place ShatterHeart noded a hello to the windclan leader Song. Landing Shatterheart settled into his spot and wraped his tail around his daughter protectivly.Leaming down he whispered in tyras ear "well talk when we return home" Lifting his head up the Leader looked around. Hmm what doesnt seem right... He woundered

Tyra gently slipped down from her father's arms as he landed at the meeting place. The moon was almost at its peak and it shed its soft light down among the leaders, flooding them all in silver light. Tyra winced as her father told her they'd discuss her escapade later. Tucking in her wings, she sat between Shatter Heart's two front legs as he wrapped his tail around her protectively.

Alania panted as she neared the altar. She slowed down, giving her enough time to recover as she emerged from the trees and found her place at the shrine. She sat down, rattling her scales to dislodge some leaves and twigs.

Shadow sat and glared off after the guardian of nature long after she had left. His tail flicked irritably. He was not about to let this pass. He looked back at Mi'Sad, knowing she would not approve of what he was about to do. He then turned and spread his wings to take off after the guardian of nature.

~

Siidrakon lifted his head away from his family as a small crimson flare pygmy flitted down from one of the many small tunnels in the caverns within the volcano. It was one of his scouts that he kept along the Dark Clan's border. The scout relayed the events that had transpired that day to him and he lifted his head and nodded. The scout quickly left through the tunnel he had come through. The great hellfire wyvern reached out with his mind, Ayra, is there really to be a Gathering? It is not yet the full moon. The hellfire wyvern watched his sleeping mate and children as he waited for the guardian's response, things would have to have been really bad for her to call a Gathering like his scout had told him.

~

Dharsii stepped aside as Song passed him. He leapt into the air after her and flew up beside her to relay his information. "There was nothing really to report. Rather inactive day. I just wanted to make sure that I got my first day done well. No sense in having a scout who cannot do his job." After he had gotten his report out he bowed his head respectfully and veered off back towards the mountain as Song continued on towards the Gathering.

Shatterheart yawned as he waited for the others to arive. Hearing trees rustling the ice turned his blue scull. It was Alania the earthclan leader. "Ah hello Alania." Bowing his head the waterclan leader watched the female Terrae.

~~~~~~~~

With a light beat of her wings Dreams of the protected lifted of the ground and started to go out to her post. Along the way the daydream saw a black and purple dragon flying her way. "oh! Hi Dharsii~!" the lightblue dragoness closed the distance between them. " How was your first day?" The cheerful female asked.

Alania nodded to Shatterheart.

"You brought your daughter? I presume there is a logical explanation for it," she said curtly.

Slightly glaring Shatterheart slightly noded. "There is but i perfer not to talk about it." SHifting the ice covered dragon moved and quickly stretched his tail out sending a lightspray of ice aeound him

Missy watched as Dajima took his place in the front of the mother tree again. She scurried up the tree walking all around it invade Darkclan had decided to come.Dharak wouldnt goto a gathering. she thought as she looked out into the forest.I wonder why Ayra called a gathering. She thought as she looked into the forest from high in the Mother Tree. She shrugged. Well Dharak and his soldiers wiont get the eggs and hatchlings easily. Or does he want something else..?

Edited by girlfairy76

Song nodded politely to Alania and Shatterheart, then returned her gaze to the sky. Ayra will be here soon? she thought curiously, scaning the skies for their Protector. Not seeing her, she quickly glanced again at Shatterheart. Rather bold of him to bring a guest to this unexpected gathering, daughter or not, she thought to herself, curling her tail around her staff and bringing it over to her paws. She gripped the wooden object in her clawed paw and returned it to the ground. Unable to think of anything to do, she decided to start up a conversation.

"Shatterheart, Alania, Miss Tyra," said Song in her gentle yet melodic voice, nodding to each dragon in turn. "Prey running well? Clanmates healthy?" she asked, just because she had nothing better to say. Song wasn't a snoop and didn't need every single detail of what they had done, she just wanted to do something other than sit around. Song made sure that she did't bring up DarkClan, for those filthy prey-stealers brought no good news to the Clans.

Tyra frowned at Alania's terse question. "Leader Alania, first off my father promised to take me to the next gathering. Second, may I remind you that I am nearing adulthood and being daughter of the water clan leader, it's good for me to begin attending these gatherings," she stated softly, lifting her head up. However, she stayed close to Shatter Heart.

Turning her head, Tyra smiled shyly at Song, thankful that she did not prod for answers about what had happened like Alania did. "Hello Elder Song," she greeted the White shyly.

Mi'Sad kept an eye on Azael, his sleeping form resting in the back of the cave. Something flickered in the corner of her eye and she whipped her head around to see it. It was Shadow flying away. She clambored out of the cave and ran out into the open, roaring in anger. "Shadow! Come back here!" The Night Glory didn't chase after him, too tired and knowing that she wouldn't catch him. The young apprentice had a pair of wings that would put a skywing to shame. She hung her head and let out one more roar, hoping it would draw Shadow back.

Genrivan's vines sprouted from the ground, then a large hole opened up and the Vine Dragon and Limpet were visible. Limpet looked a little sick and drowsy, curled up on some vines, and Genrivan instantly straightened at the sight of Dajima. "Sir, there was not much to report, other than Ayra's roaring, which I believe was audible throughout all of the lands. She was quite angered. Also, this, he motioned towards Limpet and brought her forwards on the cradle of vines and flowers, hatchling I found sneaking about our territory, when she should have been inside the Mother Tree sleeping. The ground appears to be somewhat hard, perhaps rain is needed. The prey are fat and plentiful, and thankfully, no DarkClan dragons have been detected on our land, sire." The Vine dragon bowed, and his vines did as well.

He glanced down at Limpet. The Green hatchling was dozing away. "Speaking of which, where is the clan leader?"

Ayra folded her massive wings, and dove downwards towards the shrine. As she landed, her wings sent huge, buffeting gusts of wind in all directions. She then settled at her place righ below the shrine and sat down, curling her tail around her paws. "Is everyone present?" she rumbled, gazing around at the group of dragons gathered.

((A few days ago, Moonbean22 said that the full moon would rise in a couple days and when the moon is full, everyone knows there's a gathering with the Guardian of Nature. @Drakossozh))

Alania turned her battle-weary gaze upon Tyra before it turned into a grin.

"It was a question for your father, youngling. You may be coming of age, but that does not mean you should grow so bold as to wander off without telling anyone, hmm?"

She chuckled, sounding more like a stern grandmother than anything. She then looked at Shatterheart.

"I meant no disrespect with the asking of a simple question. You've never brought her before, thus I was curious as to why you brought her now. That is all."

She then looked at Song.

"Prey is as plentiful as always, though the trees speak of a small decrease in deer this season. Nothing a little change in diet won't fix. As for DarkClan, well...I'm sure Ayra will have something to say about that."

When Ayra arrived, Alania looked up at her, sitting tall as a leader should.

"We seem to be missing a few members, m'lady," she said. "I've not seen the FireClan leader in some time."

-------------

Dajima looked down at their Scout, Genrivan.

"Alania has gone to the shrine to meet with Ayra and the others. She will return in due time. Good job, Scout. However, I must ask you to begin scouting the borders of our land. DarkClan has been growing bolder, and has begun slipping its members into our forest. If we do not stamp out the problem, our forest will begin to die," he said, his voice a deep, earthy rumble.

At Alania's reprimand, Tyra's cheeks flushed slightly in embarrassment and the little ice dragoness lowered her head shamefully. Why did she have to run off? She should have stayed back at the den as she was told...then none of this would have happened. Tyra continued to scold herself mentally as she gazed around at the group of dragons that was forming.

((@Tyra-Ice Oh! my bad. Sorry.))

Siidrakon rose from his family as his scout left through the pygmy tunnel. The massive hellfire wyvern moved silently to avoid rousing his children but his mate still woke.

"Where are you going?" she asked quietly, lifting her blue and black scaled head.

"There is a Gathering I must attend my love." The two hellfire wyverns nuzzled eachother before Siidrakon turned to leave. His mate lowered her head back down to check on their sleeping young as he rounded the tunnel corner and lost sight of her. He silently crept through the egg tunnels as he headed for the exit.

Once out on the ledge he spread his great wings and leapt into the air. He gaind altitude quickly and turned off towards the Shrine. Upon reaching the Gathering he circled down slowly. It appeared all of the other Clans' leaders were already here. There was Shatterheart of the Water Clan, Song of the Wind Clan, and even the earth-bound Alania of the Earth Clan. The guardian Ayra was laready here as well.

The great leader of the Fire Clan touched down with a thud and looked around at the others, noticing that Shatterheart had an Ice hatchlingwith him.

~

Shadow circled back around and landed on top of one of the many ruins that were scattered about the Dark Clan territory.

"I'm not leaving the territory. I'm hungry again. I'm just gonna look for something to eat. Don't worry Mi. Should I bring something back for Azael?"

He streched his wings as he waited, perched atop the ruin's spire.

~

Dharsii noticed the daydream dragoness drop from the sky nearby and circled about to converse with her on the wing. Both were adept species at flying so a chat in the air would not be too tiring.

"Hello there Dreams." he said respectfully "My first day was all but uneventful. I suppose that is a good thing though. Less chance of something bad going on I guess."

He tilted his wings to circle around with the daydream dragoness as they spoke, his wings glimmering like the night sky reflected off of an amethyst.