Moonbeam22

Dragon Clans of the Elements

"Ah..you have a terrible burden." -He followed her gaze and sighed.- " It is unfortunate that we must fight, but at least I do not. I can heal those who are hurt because I am not injured by battle. However..." He turned to look at her." For you, Song of the Wolves, I believe anyone in Wind Clan would die to protect you in just the same way you would for them." -All seriousness aside he grinned and there was a visible sarcastic glint in his thoughtful gaze.- "Though I'd probably hide behind you first." He was joking of course, but then, he wondered about that. No, he was definitely joking...-

Song laughed. "Oh I don't blame you," she said with another chuckle. She wrapped her tail around her staff and brought it to her paws. She pointed it into the mist as if stabbing at an enemy. "Take that!" she growled, pretending to fight a dragon. "And that! And that! And tha-hahahaha!" She burst out laughing, not able to to continue. Song turned around and smiled at Luminskar, a glint in her brown eyes. "I suppose if it were possible I'd want to be behind myself too," she said, thinking. That makes no sense! She just started laughing again, imagining hiding behind herself.

-Luminiskar watched as his Clan leader digressed into a normal, carefree girl. Smiling he allowed himself to laugh genuinely, is face, for once, not lost in though but in the present.- "If it's any consolation, you could hide behind my back, it's all the same to me." -He smiled, still very in the moment, when he realized he'd said something outstanding. Clearing his throat discreetly he returned back to his disinterested, however thoughtful, demeanor.-" I'll hang around here if you don't mind." -Luminskar dipped his head respectfully to wait for her reply.-

Song cleared her voice, seriousness returning to her face. "Of course," she said kindly, appreciating the company. "Have you seen Lymu? I need to ask her to arrange more patrols. Other Clans are reporting action, and a hatchling was even kidnapped. Thankfully she was returned..." said Song, staring intently out into the mist. It seems thinner now! she thought, now able to see a couple feet in front of her.

-Illuminiskar raised his head and lowered his haunches to sit on the cool damp ground.- "Mmm...No, I don't think I have." -Luminskar looked over to Song without moving his head, whn he looked forward once more he sighed and closed his eyes/ Opening them once more he said.-"You know...with everything as it is, you should trust Lymu, she's probably busily arranging more patrols as we speak. She seems to think like you, when it concerns th clan, anyway." This time he fully turned his head to look at his leader and smiled, his dark azure wings shuffling on his back to the discomfort of dew collecting in the clean feathers.-

Turning his head Shatterheart looked at the awakened hatchling. "I se you're awake now Tyra." The leader stretched his tail and looked at Siidrakon. "It has been a while since two leaders could talk like this,..Perhapes we should meet up and talk furthermore." Closing his eyes the Ice dragon thought. "I have an idea that only the ears of another leader should hear." Opening his eyes Shatterheart looked at the small dragonness on his back "Say goodbye Tyra we need to go home."

Letting out a huge yawn, Tyra rubbed her violet eyes with the back of her paw and nodded. "Alright... Goodbye, Elder Siidrakon. I wish your clan well," she told him softly, snuggling up more on her father's back, "I hope to see you soon." Even though Siidrakon was the leader of the Fire Clan, opposite of Water Clan, Tyra enjoyed the great dragon's company.

Mi'Sad looked at the rock cairn that held the eggs. Flames that danced through the rocks kept the eggs warm so she could focus more of her attention on Azael, and maybe Shadow. She let another burst of flame escape from her throat and onto the cairn. Wait, did she hear a crack? This gripped her attention, the Night Glory didn't notice Azael's trembling.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

((Ok! biggrin.gif )) Silverleaf flew over the border, looking for intruders. None were to be found, so she flew back.

Song smiled a bit, knowing patrols were in good hands. "You're right," she said, glancing up in the direction of the camp. "I do trust Lymu. She works hard and she's kind and... well, she has a lot of good qualities. That's why I chose her as deputy," Song said, somewhat thinking out loud. "I'm fully confident that someday she'll be able to lead this Clan well." She smiled and looked at Illuminiskar. "But I'm pretty sure I still have a while left myself," she said with a chuckle.

BlazingSoul cracked open his eyes and looked around. The familiar obsidian walls of the warriors den were before him, reflecting the dull orange glow of the lava pits outside on their polished surface. He flicked his red tongue out to taste the air. The smell of warrior dragons, along with the regular smell of fire and brimstone, was on the air. Slowly he unfurled his massive trunk and stood up on all fours, stretching his legs. When he stretched, his skin was pulled taught and through his black scales a dull orange glow emanated. He expanded his undersized wings to full length and brought them back against his body again. Quietly as a large ember dragon can, he crept out of the cave.

The inside of the volcano loomed before him, the air filled with sparks and smoke. He ran to the edge of the lava and jumped, extending his wings and thrusting downwards, to gain height. He held out his wings and let the hot rising air hold him aloft while he glided to the other side of the volcano. He landed at the entrance to the leaders cave which was higher up and granted a better view of the volcano than the warriors den. He looked around for siidrakon, his great leader, in the cave but did not see him. He tasted the air again and smelled siidrakon's mate and hatchlings in the cave in front of him, but still no leader. Getting worried he decided to ask siidrakon's mate if she knew where he was.

He raised his forepaw and rapped his knuckles somewhat gently against the loose stones in front of the cave, not wanting to enter the cave or wake up the queen, out of respect. His king was usually in the volcano at this time in the morning and blazingsoul had gotten up early in the hopes of getting an important duty before another, less experienced, dragon could take it. He called in a low, raspy, voice,"my queen?"

Edited by Shapeshifting dragon Cyrus

-Luminiskar listened to the warm impression his leader had about her deputy. Admittedly, he was jealous but outwardly, he was calm and agreeable.- "Indeed, my liege you have many, many good years as Clan Leader ahead of you."-Luminiskar had little to say because there was little he could say. So, he resumed staring into the bleakness of the sea of mist which wrapped around them.-

Irisieble watched with idle mind as the warrior, BlazingSoul, made his way to the leaders den. He wavered telling him where Siidrakon was, but decided not to. He hadn't been asked, so he wouldn't tell. Remaining at his perch, he continued his boresome stare into the volcano which towered above him. His ledge was at a spot that was fully accessible to all the dens and was most convenient when any one of either rank was injured or unwell.-

((@Moonbeam. Does Dharak not know that Shadow is following him?))

Siidrakon nodded, "Very well, I shall let you return to your Clan now and return to my own. Send me a thought message when you wish to have this meeting and where. Goodbye for now Shatterheart, I wish you, your daughter and the rest of your Clan good hunting and long lives."

He dipped his head respectfully and veered off. He gained altitude in lazy circles and then turned to head towards home. He reached the fireclan territory quickly and slowly dropped lower in the sky until he was circling around the massive volcano they dwelled within. He noticed the warrior BlazingSoul perched on the ledge outside of the leader's den.

The massive Hellfire Wyvern dropped down and landed on a ledge a short distance away from the Ember dragon.

"Greetings, BlazingSoul. I appologize formy absence. Ayra called the Clan leaders to a gathering last night so I have been away. And my mate has taken the atchlings with her to live in the Egg-Mother den. She wants them to be at the safest possible spot and the Egg-Mother den is the deepest one into the volcano. But I we have other matters to discuss, please come with me."

He crawled across the sheer wall of the volcano and onto the ledge in front of BlazingSoul. But rather than lauch himself into the air and flying to the "court" of spires at the middle of the volcano where he normally held meetings with others, he proceeded into the leader's den. Once inside he walked to the far side of the chamber and waited for the Ember dragon to follow.

~

Shadow continued to circle about the massive Zombie dragon's head as he flew on without responding to him.

"Lord Dharak. Where are you going? Can I come along? I promise to behave myself." he chattered on as he circled the Dark Clan leader's head.

As the great zombie continued to fly on, Shadow found himself becoming tired, he was not yet a great distance flyer while flying quickly and he had to fly quickly to keep up with the much larger Leader. He eventually swooped up and gripped the larger dragon's shoulders to hold on and continue with him.

When Dharak landed, Shadow cast about in wonder at the place around them. He had never been here before. He looked over Dharak's shoulder when he felt the Zombie's bulk move and saw him looking at a map. the young Darkmyst Pygmy figured something important was happening so he decided to remain quiet.

~

Dharsii shot off after Dreams towards their home mountain. Streaking through the sky like a meteor he managed to keep pace with the Daydream dragoness as they flew on. His deep purple wings glimmered brilliantly as they flew through the sky and the sunlight reflected off of them.

Not hearing any response from the cave, blazingsoul looked around the volcano for anyone else that might be able to tell him where siidrakon was. His eyes lighted upon the clan healer, irisieble, perched on his ledge watching him. His head filled with irritation when he saw him. That blasted healer had been watching him this whole time and hadn't said anything? "good morning irisieble. Done anything useful lately? Or have you just been sitting there watching everyone else work?" he called up to the magi, smugly.

Blazingsoul looked up and saw his leader fly down into the cave. He listened to his explanation and nodded, "no need to apologize my lord. I should have noticed it was a full moon last night." he accepted the invitation and followed him into the cave.

Edited by Shapeshifting dragon Cyrus

Dharak let out a snarl and said, "Stop following me! This is private business, can't you see? If I wanted you to come I would have asked." Fuming, he tolled up the map and took off back towards 'camp,' desperate to pinpoint the blood shard's exact lo nation without anyone else's knowledge of it.

-Irisiseble watched the warrior, even as he spoke down to him smugly. All the magi had cared to give as a reply was a disinterested blink. Their leader came in and beckoned the warrior into the cave and Irisiseble resumed his watching of the cave. Even still the warrior's words rung in his head. Had he done anything useful today? Probably not. He had nothing to do at all, useful or otherwize.-

Tyra, after watching Siidrakon majestically fly off, turned and nestled her head in the nook between her father's shoulder and neck, closing her eyes. She remained in this peaceful position as ShatterHeart flew closer and closer to home. She was jerked awake at the sound of a greeting roar of another dragon. Peering over her father's shoulder, she saw River Dancer standing below on the shore of the Water Clan lake. She appeared to be pacing back and forth and she looked a bit anxious. Tyra gulped nervously and slid farther down her father's back, hoping she wouldn't be noticed by the Water Walker. She knew she was bound to get an earful from the Water Clan healer for wandering off.

River Dancer paced back and forth along the water's edge, scowling. Where could Tyra have wandered off to now?! She should have been back at the Den, kept under water after her little stunt with that Dark Clan dragon... she thought anxiously, the water lapping gently over her webbed feet. Suddenly, she heard the beating of great wings which caused her to look up. She then spotted ShatterHeart, the Clan Leader, flying towards the lake. Ah, Elder ShatterHeart. Maybe he knows what's happened to Tyra she mused. Lifting her snout, she gave a dragon call of greeting to the Leader.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

As his ice covered wings finaly flew over waterclan territory Shatterheart heard a greeting.Gazing downward the male saw his healer.River Dancer LIfting his neck up the leader answered the female dragon"Hello River Dancer!" FLying above head Shatterheart continued to the lake, dIpping down into it.

"We're finaly home Tyra"said the father as water encirled their bodies.

A long the waters edge a blue dragon amerged from the water. The cyrstal lquid that once surronded her skull slowly dripped down back to its home. Blue eyes cast onto a moving figure. Slowly the female dragon swam closer, soon she was a foot away from the WaterWalker."Greetings healer." Guidefull Waters had always held a great respect for healers, for they were the reason hurt dragons lived.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking to her left Dreams noticed Dharsii keeping pace with her. Smiling the daydream stuck her neck out and spun in the air. Causing the tip of her wing to nearly touch the nebula. "Isn't this fun!!" she spoke as they encircled the montain peacefully.

As the great Ice Dragon Leader soared down to the lake, River turned to see Guidefull Waters emerging from the graceful water below. "Greetings to you as well, Guidefull. Glad to see you're doing well," the healer responded, managing a smile. When ShatterHeart finally landed, River immediately strode over to him. "ShatterHeart, have you seen Tyra? I haven't been able to find her anywhere!" she told him frantically.

Tyra held her breath and curled up as far behind her father as she could, trying to stay hidden. Slowly, carefully, she peeked out through a gap between ShatterHeart's wing and shoulder.

Rasiing an eyebrow Shatterheart looked at the frantic healer."I have seen Tyra today.ANd I know where she is." Feeling THe mentioned dragonness on his back curl up to hide he guessed the little hatchling was hiding.Sighing the leader looked at River Tyra can be such a hassel sometimes.The ice male thought

"You have? Well, where is she?" River asked quickly. Just then, she saw Tyra's violet eyes watching her from behind ShatterHeart's wing. "Tyra!" she demanded stomping her paw in the water, "Come here." Gasping, Tyra hid farther behind ShatterHeart but sighed, knowing she should obey the Healer. Head low and tail drooping, she slowly crept out from behind her father. Immediately, River Dancer was all over the young dragoness, searching her top to bottom for injuries, sores, and cuts. "Are you hurt? What happened? Where have you been all this time?!" she exclaimed. "River, I'm fine...Really!" Tyra protested as River continued to probe her for injuries. "Thank goodness you brought her home safely, ShatterHeart!" River praised the Leader.

Dharsii rolled over in the air and flew upside-down for a few seconds before dropping and rolling back over. He beat his wings to come up beside Dreams again and smiled, "This is quite fun. I can't remember the last time i was able to have a race with a friend just for the joy of flying." The past several races he remembered were all training exercises for the scout apprentices with the winner moving on to other training and the losers being passed up until the next time.

He pushed the training out of his mind and smiled at Dreams as they circled the mountain. When they finished rounding it he folded his wings and dove to pick up speed. They were on the final strech of the race now, now they had to reach the border to find the winner.

~

Shadow pulled his head back and jumped off of the Zombie dragon as he left. Lord Dharak was not always the nicest leader but the young Darkmyst pygmy looked up to him. He then cast about this new place and set about exploring it, using all of his senses to find out whatever he could about it before stopping to stare at the blue water of the lake Dharak had been using to veiw the map. He quickly noticed his reflection in the water and set about a game of "mirror" by himself, making movements and faces into the water and laughing at his reflection.

~

Siidrakon turned to BlazingSoul when he entered the leader's den.

"We have important matters to discuss Blaze. It seems that the Dark Clan is becoming more active than they have in the past. Have you or any of the lower ranking warriors noticed any more activity along our border nearest to them?"

He twitched his tail as he awaited the Ember dragon's response.

Blaze looked into his leaders eyes and saw concern look back at him. "yes sir, we've smelled them coming closer and closer and there have been reports of dead prey that smells of darkclan on our land. No one has seen them on our side yet, but we're always prepared if they do. Sir, did something happen today?" he asked, sensing that something was wrong. Blaze watched his leader's twitching tail while he awaited a response. He himself sat stock-still, looking into his leaders eyes, his tail wrapped around his legs. He would die to protect this dragon and the clan for which he stood, even if it meant destroying darkclan, which he was fully prepared to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strongshield pushed off from his underwater den and swam to the surface, using his tail to propel himself upwards. He had seen Guidefull waters going to the surface and decided, since he had nothing better to do, to see what was going on. He slowed down once he neared the surface and popped his head gently out of the water about 20 back from the shore. Knowing his coloring blended in with the water, he slowly swam closer, listening to what was being said. He could see guidefull waters, along with River dancer, shatterheart and Tyra, all At the shore. Being a quiet dragon he would probably just listen to find out what was going on then leave, he had no reason to reveal himself.