TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

Hmmmm Well the adult is certainly pretty, a lot less busy then the S2 hatchling. I would be more tempted to freeze the s1 hatching than the s2. But I think I'm going to let both grow, since I've done that with the rest.

I do like them more than the ribbon dancers .... no offense to the artist, but they weren't my favorite.

I just love the look of the adult Winter Magi, he is beyond awesome. Thanks TJ and spriters.

They are pretty ^^

but somehow they remind me of ribbon dancers. For me the holly stills the best christmas dragon ever,and it will be quite difficult to make one similar in beauty and originality. I have a question:

why does Lady Lyzar have an alt? did she help with the concept?

in the wikia says only that they were made by Earthgirl.

why does Lady Lyzar have an alt? did she help with the concept?

in the wikia says only that they were made by Earthgirl.

Lady Lyzar doesn't have Alt Winter magis. xd.png She's got the silvery Ribbon Dancers.

It is a little busy, but I've noticed that that seems to be a "thing" more and more on the site. Last year I was shocked at how much was crammed into the Ribbon Dancers. The sprites seem to be cramming in more and more detail lately, so the design for the new magis didn't even phase me anymore xd.png

I have to admit it is a bit to busy, i hope it doesn't get to much of a thing on DC. I mean i really do love it but when i sat at my desk and looked at it for a bit i realized that it may just have a bit to much going on.

It is a little busy, but I've noticed that that seems to be a "thing" more and more on the site. Last year I was shocked at how much was crammed into the Ribbon Dancers. The sprites seem to be cramming in more and more detail lately, so the design for the new magis didn't even phase me anymore xd.png

Yeah, same.

In my opinion:

Holly is cute.

Yulebuck is charming and pretty.

Snow Angel is beautiful.

Ribbon is shiny.

Winter Magi is gorgeous.

Lady Lyzar doesn't have Alt Winter magis. xd.png She's got the silvery Ribbon Dancers.

Oh god xd.png I can swear I saw lady lyzar's name in the wikia alt.

maybe it was just confusion then ^^

Vaprrenon,I agree,seems so busy. what makes me confusion is the red/green colors on the dragon's belly and the fact that the legs are yellow.

At the first look I tought it was a wyvern -.-'

Oooh... I love the pose of the new dragons! What are they? Snow dragons? Nevermind. biggrin.gif

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Hmmmm Well the adult is certainly pretty, a lot less busy then the S2 hatchling. I would be more tempted to freeze the s1 hatching than the s2. But I think I'm going to let both grow, since I've done that with the rest.

I do like them more than the ribbon dancers .... no offense to the artist, but they weren't my favorite.

Ribbon Dancers are my personal favorite. wink.gif i actually like the player version better than the spriter version xd.png

Although I do love the pose of the winter magi - it's quite dynamic. seems to have a different flavor to it compared to the other christmas dragons. they are more quite, elegant in their display where i see the winter magi as more of a lively, spirited dragon.

I must have accidently clicked on one of the gigantic wrap-around ribbons so now I have a huge silver pinwheel covering my wreath and I didn't know to check it because I hadn't seen the deadline. Will we have any chance at all to finish/fix our wreaths so we're not stuck with decorating dissasters for all eternity?

I just spent some time staring at the zoomed-in adult sprite, and I am a biiiig fan. When you get a good look at the details, the anatomy, pose, and shading are all gorgeous. Love the little head-wings, too.

I must have accidently clicked on one of the gigantic wrap-around ribbons so now I have a huge silver pinwheel covering my wreath and I didn't know to check it because I hadn't seen the deadline. Will we have any chance at all to finish/fix our wreaths so we're not stuck with decorating dissasters for all eternity?

This. And also, to my understanding, last year's tree should have been re-enabled for editing...last year. What's going on with that? blink.gif

Yeah -- my wreath is okay, but only because I got super-paranoid and didn't change it after Christmas day. Still, I expected there to be some sort of "public service announcement" that would tell us when the wreath decorating would end. I was hoping it would be later so that I could play around a little more.

I don't mind the "busy-ness" of the new sprite -- on the Ribbon Dancer, it confuses me a bit because it's very hard to actually see the head/face and the anatomy; the values are all very similar. On the Winter Magi, the shading and values really bring out its features, so nothing gets 'lost,' despite the mixture of strong colors. I would like a dragon with a more "tame" color scheme *next* year, just for balance and variety, but I have no problem with there being a "bright and bold" Christmas dragon this year. smile.gif

Holy Moly, I love the new Christmas adult! O__O It's absolutely gorgeous! biggrin.gif

The adults are very pretty and colorful, I just looked in the wiki and they have a pretty nice ability.

But does the artist have a name for them, since I've already started to called them something based on their ability?

The adults are very pretty and colorful, I just looked in the wiki and they have a pretty nice ability.

But does the artist have a name for them, since I've already started to called them something based on their ability?

Winter Magi

Well, I've got names for my new little beauties now. Wintertime Magic, and Magi of Wintertime. smile.gif

I have a question. If they're a Magi dragon, doesn't that mean they can use teleport, too?

No they won't. I don't think any of the holiday dragons are given actions like that. Though that would be cool if they did. :3