TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

I think the adult xmas dragons look so cool, if only I could get mine to hatch. Any-who sad.gif I guess it wasn't meant to be. :/

Since you have the "Accepting Aid" option checked, I went ahead and added them to the Allure of Neglected Dragons ER. That should get them to hatch.

If you want to take them out or to add them to the day care after they hatch, just go to the link above and type in your scroll name and check or uncheck as desired.

@silvergirl - I've some great news for you: your eggs will hatch soonish. ^o^

I think I will pair mine with either white or blue nebulas(hence they have blue on them). happy.gif

Thank you thank you thank you xd.png I cant believe it smile.gif Im so happy  poptartFINALTINY.gif

Glad they hatched! You might want to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get sick because the fansites, especially the ERs, are so busy during the holidays.

Also, this post - List of Active Fan Sites has links to a number of ERs (and regular fansites) that you can use in future emergencies. smile.gif

All holidays are male?

yes, it's not possible to influence them.

So they all will be male.

previous years all xmas/valentines were 1 gender only too,

i think only holly are exception on this

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the sprite for the dragon that looked like Santa holding a bag of presents?

I love the adult sprites, the wings are a bit like ridgewings', so pretty happy.gif

Mine hatched a few minutes ago, cute hatchlings :3

Thanks TJ!

Merry Christmas everyone! biggrin.gif

The adults are so pretty. I absolutely love them.

I really loved all the sprites for this years release, and I can't wait until mine grow up.

Still not sure what dragons I'm going to pair them with for breeding, yet. I can think of quite a few possible candidates that would make nice pairings.

I'm kind of disappointed that wreath decorating was turned off though. I finally got an idea for a nice decoration, but never got to finish it. I really don't like the unfinished design. Plus, there are some things that I really needed to change.

Overall I really enjoyed the holiday activities this year, and I look forward to going back and re-reading some of the stories throughout the year. biggrin.gif

Really pretty sprites, I simply love them! (:

Now it's only left for me to decide what I should name mine and what I should breed them with.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the sprite for the dragon that looked like Santa holding a bag of presents?

That was in Dragon Requests and it was removed from there for reasons unknown...presumably because it was being worked on publicly.

Edited by Derranged

I think it's the large eyes, the (what looks like) head frills and large ears, the somewhat (but not entirely) similar head shape, and the tail frills that are making people see Toothless in the Winter Magi. I see the resemblance...

It's not a strong resemblance, but it's there.

*shrug*

Yeah, I see it too. But that makes me love them even more. What's better than a Toothless dragon?

I do like these dragons, they are very nice. The only thing that is bugging me is the arms and hands. It looks way too human to me. It doesn't look like a quadrupeds legs. The paws look like hands, not something that the dragon would use to walk on. I am not saying this to bash the sprite or spriter at all. I think the dragon is lovely.

Wow! Good job EarthGirl! These dragons are lovely! So colorful! Now I just have to decide who to mate mine with :3

I do like these dragons, they are very nice. The only thing that is bugging me is the arms and hands. It looks way too human to me. It doesn't look like a quadrupeds legs. The paws look like hands, not something that the dragon would use to walk on. I am not saying this to bash the sprite or spriter at all. I think the dragon is lovely.

I agree. They seem very human-like,and that really bugs me.

I mean,they are really beautiful,but maybe if some colors on the belly were changed,and the arms/paws would be more dragon-y,It would be really great.

I don't think this dragon is a christmas one though,it looks more carnival to me.

It seems more like a rare dragon that could be released all year long,than a christmas one.

Edited by Alexiel Dragoness

This is the only thing that bothers me about this sprite -- as soon as I saw it, I thought it seemed like a very humanoid form with wings; particularly the shoulders, arms, and hands. But ditto the quote; this is NOT to bash the sprite, it's just one small critique. Overall, I really love this dragon, and can't wait to put it into pretty lineages. (In fact, I'm wasting my day taking screencaps so I can build a mock-lineage-chart to help visualize my plans!)

I agree about the paws, they do look like more like hands.

Other then that the sprite is absolutely gorgeous, I love the bright colours, the pose is wonderful and the wings are spectacular! Overall an incredible job!

Edited by Dubious

I do love this sprite, but like others, I feel like the paws are very human-like. Still, this is one of my favorite sprites, and I can;t wait for mine (and Earthy's alts) to grow up!