TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

I don't think they look very humanoid at all. They just have very defined fingers. If any dragon was human-like, I would say the Nebulas were, especially the green.

And I don't understand why people would say they don't look festive, they have all of the Christmas colors. They are one of the most festive dragons I've seen yet.

@Data: I totally agree. I absolutely adore Toothless so like I've said before, the resemblance makes me love the Winter Magi that much more. happy.gif

I like iitttt, It has phenomenal colour choice and great shading, but not really 'christmas-y' to me. I do ever so love it though. :]

I like the dragon and it's hands, I think of them as an adaption of some-sort. Maybe this breed has to pick up objects, therefore more defined hands.

I dunno . . . with the coloring I cannot see how anyone thinks they don't look like a Christmas dragon. How could they look more like Christmas? To my eye, they look at least as Christmasy as the snow angels and ribbon dancers.

*edited for fumble fingered typing!

Edited by purplehaze

Okay... I've now spent way too long moodling around in Photoshop -- and I need a nit-picky opinion. Which of these do you think is better? (I know, I know, it's only a question of whether or not I "re-twist" the checker... but I'm indecisive!)

Winter Magi Plan 1

Winter Magi Plan 2

Edited by Kelkelen

The difference is so slight that I doubt anyone but you would notice. wink.gif I kind of like plan 2 better, but again the difference is soooooooooo slight!

Okay... I've now spent way too long moodling around in Photoshop -- and I need a nit-picky opinion.  Which of these do you think is better?  (I know, I know, it's only a question of whether or not I "re-twist" the checker... but I'm indecisive!)

Winter Magi Plan 1

Winter Magi Plan 2

I'm more of a fan of Plan 1. Much more eye pleasing. Symmetry and all the jazz. And yes, it may be a subtle difference to some, but to an even gen nut, like me, it's a big difference. tongue.gif

Edited by tikigurl91

Haha. Thanks for the input, guys! I like symmetry, too, but the thing is, both of these are symmetrical in their own way: plan 1 is the standard checker, though twisted between gens 1 and 2, so gens 2 and 3 are the same on the outer edge, but don't match gen 1 -- while plan 2 is twisted and twisted again, so the outer edges alternate colors/species. Both of them create a little up-and-down pattern of 3 with the sunstones and harvests, though in plan 1 it's an "up" arc of sunstones and a "down" arc of harvests, while in plan 2 it's the reverse.

OH MAN I need to stop staring at the computer and take a break!

I see what you mean, I've just always liked the outer sides of the lineage to be the same species. It really just comes down to personal opinion. Whatever you think looks best is what you should go with. It is a very nice lineage either way. happy.gif

Human hands? Maybe, but I don't think so. It don't think earthgirl meant for them to be human hands.

most dragons have opposable thumbs, but they arent human hands. the POSITION the arms are in may appear human-like, but that's it.

Okay... so. -.-

1. What is wrong with a dragon that has the body structure of every living creature(including dragons) - that is head, body, 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs. And also, those limbs have fingers. Every creature has fingers at the end of their limbs and that makes them look more or less like hands/feet.

2. True that the Winter Magi have larger front legs. I meant them to be the way they are. I though it looked cuter on them and besides, the dragons can hold larger objects thanks to them. It also helps them climb or anchor on large rocks when they want to rest.

3. Define 'busy'. I don't think the sprite is 'busy'. Detailed, yes, but not ...busy. -.- Maybe that is just me. I like detailed sprites that are less cartoon-y and more close to realistic. I've worked A LOT to get where I am.

I know I can't please everyone out there with my spriting style, because it's impossible to do that. There is no such thing as 'perfect'.

Pwew. -.-

My dragons will grow up tomorrow, omigosh! =O happy.gif

Okay... so. -.-

1. What is wrong with a dragon that has the body structure of every living creature(including dragons) - that is head, body, 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs. And also, those limbs have fingers. Every creature has fingers at the end of their limbs and that makes them look more or less like hands/feet.

2. True that the Winter Magi have larger front legs. I meant them to be the way they are. I though it looked cuter on them and besides, the dragons can hold larger objects thanks to them. It also helps them climb or anchor on large rocks when they want to rest.

3. Define 'busy'. I don't think the sprite is 'busy'. Detailed, yes, but not ...busy. -.- Maybe that is just me. I like detailed sprites that are less cartoon-y and more close to realistic. I've worked A LOT to get where I am.

I know I can't please everyone out there with my spriting style, because it's impossible to do that. There is no such thing as 'perfect'.

Pwew. -.-

Squeeee! Can't wait to see your alts!

I too agree that the sprite is not busy. It's very well done.

Edited by RotomGuy

most dragons have opposable thumbs, but they arent human hands. the POSITION the arms are in may appear human-like, but that's it.

I don't know...I haven't meat a dragon face to face so I can't say that most have opposable thumbs.

Also I still see no resemblance to toothless. Some dragons have big eyes and head frills, big whoop. The body also looks a bit squished to me but that may just be the stile. maybe it's a compact dragon.

Well if it is any consolation, EG, I think the sprite is just lovely. Definitely one of my favorite dragons.

My only problem with them is finding a mate that does them any justice in a lineage. tongue.gif

Thanks for the explanation, Earthy! Now it makes sense smile.gif I've always loved the Butterbutts smile.gif *Works hard to find a non-White mate*

Okay... so. -.-

Pwew. -.-

I personally love your new dragon. Great Job! Keep it up! =D

Okay... so. -.-

Pwew. -.-

I think it's beautiful and you did a great job, and I thank you for your work. The adult's not at all busy, but the hatchling sprite -did- take me a second to work out where the head was. Still, I am quite pleased with this dragon and will love making lineages with it.

I LOVE this year's Christmas dragons, I think they're absolutely beautiful and probably my favourite out of all the other seasons. The colours are excellent and the pose/style reminds me so much of Toothless (as others have already mentioned). Very cute hatchlings and an excellent adult, made for a very special Christmas indeed. Now I just have to see how the spriter's alt turned out, I think was a golden-ish colour instead of white-gold? biggrin.gif

Mine have a couple of more hours till they grow up. :3 I'm so excited! Now I can breed them to my magis when they are breedable. biggrin.gif

Pwew. -.-

Your Sprite is perfectly beautiful and perfectly amazing! Thank you so much. I think it's stunning!