TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

Thanks for the lovely Christmas celebration! The 2011 sprite is very pretty. It definitely shows the amount of labor put into creating it. The only disappointment is with the wreath decorating being locked now. My wreath had some objects that I placed on it not save to the wreath and now those objects are hanging out in "space". blink.gif

Wow! They're amazing! Can't wait till mine grow up! I have no idea what to name them, though xd.png

Man these guys are hard to find nice looking mates for. They are just so pretty and colorful, it's hard to find something that compliments them.

I've rounded up all of the dragons I thought would look good with them and ended up with 8 possible mates.

There's my favorite,The Autumn

My second favorite, The Magma

My third favorite, The Gold

The Sunsong

The Stripe

The Harvest

The White

And finally, The Magi.

If I had some CB Golds, I would love to do the Gold x Winter Magi, but since I don't, I think I'll go with the Autumn x Magma until Autumn comes around again, then I'll do that. smile.gif

I can't wait for mine to grow up though. One more day!! biggrin.gif

I am so glad most of the major holidays are out of the way. xd.png

I didn't get any... sad.gif I was away for Christmas and there was no internet and I just got back today (well, Wednsday that is, not 12:00 AM Thursday). Oh well, I guess I could always try for a bred one next Christmas.

Edited by cjn3

Absolutely love these! But I'm not surprised; I think the Day/Night Glories are some of the most beautiful dragons we have, so I figured this would be lovely as well. And I love the shading. I really like that we have some subtly colored Christmas dragons and some boldly colored. I think that it makes lineage building so much more interesting.

Kudos to you, Earthgirl and thanks for such a striking Christmas sprite. smile.gif

I didn't get any... sad.gif  I was away for Christmas and there was no internet and I just got back today (well, Wednsday that is, not 12:00 AM Thursday). Oh well, I guess I could always try for a bred one next Christmas.

Don't give up hope yet. I've seen a couple of eggs and some hatchlings in the AP today, and you're not out of chances until the last one grows up. Maybe someone will trade or gift.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking the adults are very busy looking. The front legs also look almost like arms with shoulders which really bothers me. I'm not getting much of a holiday vibe from them either, but they're still rather nice. Also I'm glad I don't like them paired with magis because that's one less male I have to get bred from one.

My favorite pairs are both the nebula colors, purple ridgewings, ices, and ribbon dancers. Nothing else I can find complements the high saturation and color brightness with the jaggedness of the open wings.

I also see no resemblance to the Toothless dragon at all, so I don't get why people are comparing it to it.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

I also see no resemblance to the Toothless dragon at all, so I don't get why people are comparing it to it.

I think it's the large eyes, the (what looks like) head frills and large ears, the somewhat (but not entirely) similar head shape, and the tail frills that are making people see Toothless in the Winter Magi. I see the resemblance...

It's not a strong resemblance, but it's there.

*shrug*

Since they're magis, do they have any BSA's?

Most likely not. Even though they have "Magi" in the name, they're still Christmas dragons first and foremost, and since the're special release rare they're not expected to get a BSA.

Adult's really are gorgeous. OwO

He looks like a pixie or faerie. A very festive one. xd.png

Big thanks to Earthgirl!

..I was on wiki..their nickname is Butterbutts?? lol

Beautiful dragons! Pairings I'm contemplating: red, white, and gold, if I ever catch that elusive CB... rolleyes.gif

Wish the wreath decorating wasn't shut off, just yet, though. I still had stuff to do to mine. All in all, though, a fun event, and I even got a couple of replacement dragons with prettier lineages than the ones I released.