TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

Everything is awesome!

But there's one thing I don't get about the raffle... do you get entered if you read the story, or is there anything else that I have to do?

PS.

and the wreath, is it for contest or not? blink.gif

Wreath is not for a contest. There is no contest this year, just a raffle. You get an entry into the raffle by reading each story on the day it first comes out.

Wreath is not for a contest. There is no contest this year, just a raffle. You get an entry into the raffle by reading each story on the day it first comes out.

Oh, thank you so much! biggrin.gif

If you were at the limit for that holiday dragon, then the eggs would have been autoabandoned.

sad.gif i got it!!!! And i was SOOOOO happy!!!!!

But i guess that other people are happier, right, because they got their holiday dragons!!!

Thanks Ruby!

finally got around to properly decorating my wreath ^^ it's a good break from holly hunting lol i'm still hoping i can catch on tomorrow though, good luck to everyone else!

I am willing to bet that the people who got CB hollies last year are as excited to get to breed them for the first time as the people that finally get to see them in the AP this year :3

This !!

though the one egg i have available has been "booked" so to speak, since january this year.. i am really hoping that Holi will give me 4 eggs so i can give 3 more people the opportunity to get the Holly they always wanted..

(& moreover, get a 2nd Gen holly from CB holly female to CB white male...)

so don't despair, all you holly hunters, not everyone who has a holly has bred yet cool.gif

i am also not holly hunting (AP stalking) this year.. last year you guys were all kind enough to vote my tree well and give me an HM, and a holly of my own smile.gif the least i can do is not take one this year, and so that gives another chance for someone else to achieve their Xmas goal!

if i am lucky enough to get more than one egg, they'll no doubt be in one of the drop threads, once i have worked out the mechanics and timing, most likely in the next 2 days tho smile.gifsmile.gif as i have them off smile.gif

so, anyways

Thanks to TJ, the mods, spriters, contributers, helpers, tea-boys.... my parents, my agents.. ~oh..hang on, wrong speech....

Happy Christmas All Ye Dragon Cave Nutcases!!

May You Get The Dragons Of Your Dreams,

May They Gender Correctly,

And Not Refuse The Mates You Planned

But Lay Most Productively

May Your Babies Never Die Of Softshell,

Yours Summons Never Fail,

Your Bites Always Turnout Just Right

And Your Splash, Beyond The Pail (!)

May You See A CB Gold,

When The Cave Is Almost Empty

And Be Stalking In The AP Section

When Hollies Are A Plenty!!

Your Nest Be Warm, Your Nest Be Dry

Your Loved Ones Safe And Well

Not Only Within Dragon Cave

But In Real Life As Well smile.gif

X Happy Holiday Everyone X

Nerys

Edited by nerys

Has anyone else click on a story and not get the ornaments?? I could have sworn i clicked the chocolate and cheese story but i didnt get the ornaments...... did i not do it right?? or did it glitch?? oh was i just out of mine...............

Has anyone else click on a story and not get the ornaments?? I could have sworn i clicked the chocolate and cheese story but i didnt get the ornaments...... did i not do it right?? or did it glitch?? oh was i just out of mine...............

Did you click on the story on the day it first appeared? If so, then you could try posting in Help or e-mailing/PMing TJ.

if you clicked it today, then it's no good because you can only get ornaments on the day the story comes out.

Well, I'm egg locked. Hoping to get them into hatchies before christmas. I gotta say, the lineages I managed to get are pretty dang good. Yulebuck 3g even that includes marrows, a skywing x ribbon, snowsun x sunstone, yulebuck x white, and snowsun x thunder.

for a first x-mas, I gotta say I think it's pretty decent happy.gif

Well, the last of my previous Christmas dragons were bred and sent to the AP this morning. I saw that most of them landed on scrolls without any holiday dragons at all, so that was nice. Now, I've just got to wait for this years dragons to come out...since I'm not so good with holly hunting.

I've also really enjoyed the most recent stories about the cheese and the little whiptail. I'm sure the upcoming stories will be just as good. This is a nice DC holiday season.

...Your wreath is EPIC. I. AM. IN. AWE.

Bit of question, but are fogged eggs usually displayed without the fogged graphic? I have tabs that have just text and then others that do have that pixel. I find it a bit odd.

Still searching, if only offhandedly, for another. Because I might give my current one to a beloved. We'll have to see. Hoping for three.

Lol thanks <3 I'm thinking of taking away the big obnoxious eyes lol

Doop... I just found a spelling mistake in the "the polar express" story, but I won't complain because this is so much already, I can imagine it was hard to spot. Thanks for everything!!!!!

This !!

though the one egg i have available has been "booked" so to speak, since january this year.. i am really hoping that Holi will give me 4 eggs so i can give 3 more people the opportunity to get the Holly they always wanted..

(& moreover, get a 2nd Gen holly from CB holly female to CB white male...)

so don't despair, all you holly hunters, not everyone who has a holly has bred yet cool.gif

i am also not holly hunting (AP stalking) this year.. last year you guys were all kind enough to vote my tree well and give me an HM, and a holly of my own smile.gif the least i can do is not take one this year, and so that gives another chance for someone else to achieve their Xmas goal!

if i am lucky enough to get more than one egg, they'll no doubt be in one of the drop threads, once i have worked out the mechanics and timing, most likely in the next 2 days tho smile.gifsmile.gif as i have them off smile.gif

so, anyways

Good luck on your breeding smile.gif

I am only holly hunting in small spurts. I can't stare at the monitor for too long or my eyes start crossing and I start zoning out. Then, while I see lots of eggs go past I always end up refreshing past them as my actions start getting mechanical. So I try to avoid the marathon madness. It just doesn't work for me anyway. Same with long car trips, tunnel vision. I make sure I take stops, walk around and have caffeine and loud music.

Maybe music is what I am missing for AP stalking xd.png

I'm loving the wreath decorating so much.

It figures though, when I actually have an awesome design, there is no contest. xd.png

My tree was so incredibly boring, but I love my Wreath. laugh.gif

Can't wait for the next story and extremely excited for the new Christmas dragons!

Stupid question, but...

Holiday dragons are still limited to 2 per breed per person, right? Even with being able to breed them?

Sorry if that question doesn't make sense or should be completely obvious...I'm currently exhausted. xd.png;

Stupid question, but...

Holiday dragons are still limited to 2 per breed per person, right? Even with being able to breed them?

Sorry if that question doesn't make sense or should be completely obvious...I'm currently exhausted. xd.png;

Yes. Two per breed. This page might help.

http://dragcave.net/help/limits

Been Holly hunting this evening...haven't seen a single one. Saw several tinsel eggs--missed all of them, to my regret. Going to keep trying, though. I've bred all my Christmas dragons except last year's, which I'll probably do in the next couple of days. So far, mine have produced one egg from each pair (only one pair gave two eggs). Perhaps the last pairs will be more fertile. wink.gif

Loved the new story and the new set of ornaments (they are in my favorite colors).

I think the new story is great. I really like the decorations, but when I went to check the credits the giant purple ribbon that wraps around the whole wreath is not there!

The new story was very sweet :3 It only makes me wish even harder that I had my boyfriend with me to share the holidays with :'3

Okay, I have a question regarding the Wreath Decorating that I have been wondering about for a while. unsure.gif The red, green, white and purple candles each have a two versions: one with a golden standard (is that the right word?) and one with a silver standard. The blue candle, however, only has a version with a golden standard. How come it doesn't have a silver standard, especially considering all of the aforementioned candles must have been sprited by the same artist? huh.gif