TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

OK, eggies fogged. * crosses fingers they'll still hatch

Fansites get a lot of extra traffic this time of year, so you shouldn't have any problems getting them enough views.

Any way of knowing what the new christmas dragon eggs are going to look like? smile.gif

not till they're released

how do you know if your hatchling or egg is sick?

when you go tou your scroll, at the top it will say something along the lines of "one of your eggs/ hatchlings is sick" and it'l show a pic of the sick hathi/egg

when you go tou your scroll, at the top it will say something along the lines of "one of your eggs/ hatchlings is sick" and it'l show a pic of the sick hathi/egg

There will also be a notice at the bottom of that dragon's page that says "The shell of this egg seems soft as if there's something wrong with it."

Anywayz, I'm done with hunting for Hollies. No point continuing. -.- I'm wasting too much time and effort when I should be doing something else xd.png. Sooo... I'll just sit pretty and wait for the big release.

EDIT: ZOMG, I just got gifted a Holly! xd.png Thank you, awesome person!

Edited by earthgirl

Anywayz, I'm done with hunting for Hollies. No point continuing. -.- I'm wasting too much time and effort when I should be doing something else xd.png. Sooo... I'll just sit pretty and wait for the big release.

EDIT: ZOMG, I just got gifted a Holly! xd.png Thank you, awesome person!

congrats ^^ i'll keep looking for one in the AP

At least this year I actually saw some Holly eggs. That's more than I can say for past years xd.png

I'm really enjoying my wreath though, it's fantastic that we can have as many as we want of any ornament, that was my biggest regret with the trees last year.

I can't complain about the lack of Hollies, really, I managed to get the OTHER Christmas species I was missing (which is far more common, but still!). I'll just sit over here in my corner and eye everyone else's Hollies with immense jealousy. rolleyes.gif

I'm loving these holiday story rewrites. Excellent work on them!

I didn't even see a holly egg, so...

I'm worried that my wreath may induce seizures, as I have stuck lights all over it. *cue dramatic musical build up* Lights and stars. FLASHING ALL OVER IT. IN WAVES ACCORDING TO COLOR. *EPIC CLIMACTIC ORCHESTRAL CYMBAL CRASH WITH TREMOLOS ALL ACROSS THE STRING SECTIONS*

This is the best DC Christmas ever

Still trying. But sitting here is really starting to hurt my back. I have Degenerative disk disease and my hands go numb too. Oh, and my eyes are not very good either, they start to blur pretty quick staring at the monitor. I keep trying. I really hope that I get lucky, and soon. Even though I am in pain I just can't keep myself from trying. Silly of me, I know. But I really really would love a holly. On the up side I am having fun with the wreath. Love the dog, it's so cute.

Anyone still need snow angels? i was supposed to breed one for a friend but she already got some so i have one adult that still needs to be bred. if anyone needs ones i will setup a teleport once she breeds. the eggs will be even 3rd gen.

edit; went ahead and bred it; edit 2- just released 'em into the AP anyway. good luck!

Edited by thiefofhearts

It has definitely been refreshing (no pun intended tongue.gif ) to at least see Hollies this year, lol. I managed to catch one and, although it has a lineage that is a little hard on the eyes, I'm over the moon.

I'm still upset with myself though, that I haven't been quick enough to catch more to Glomp gift people laugh.gif

I've tried to keep my wreath tasteful, lol. It's been so tempting to pile things on, but I'm staying strong!!

THank you again to TJ and the spriters, I'm having a blast this year! Almost my 4 year anniversary being on DC and it's the best Christmas yet biggrin.gif

I haven't done ANYTHING to my wreath yet...

I'm afraid that if I started something I'd have to redo it all once new decorations come out. sad.gif

This is my first Christmas on DC. I love the wreath decorating...I add a few more with each new story. biggrin.gif

I managed to catch 1 yule buck, 2 Ribbon dancer and 2 snow angel. I was trying for a Holly, but I freeze in awe the few times I see them and click too late. laugh.gif So I decided to grab a second yulebuck and hope to catch a Holly after these hatch.

With all the excitement, it's been an awesome first Christmas. biggrin.gif

not till they're released

Thanks. I figured it was a surprise.

I have been re-doing my wreath everytime there's new decorations, lol. I was mad at my self I had a shot to snag a holly from the ap and I wasn't logged in! * face palm* wacko.gif Since then I haven't seen any there.

It has definitely been refreshing (no pun intended tongue.gif ) to at least see Hollies this year, lol. I managed to catch one and, although it has a lineage that is a little hard on the eyes, I'm over the moon.

I'm still upset with myself though, that I haven't been quick enough to catch more to Glomp gift people laugh.gif

I've tried to keep my wreath tasteful, lol. It's been so tempting to pile things on, but I'm staying strong!!

THank you again to TJ and the spriters, I'm having a blast this year! Almost my 4 year anniversary being on DC and it's the best Christmas yet biggrin.gif

I agree. It makes me happy to know that there is the possibility to actually see a holly even if is nigh on impossible to catch one, at least in my experience. But for the people who managed to catch one, CONGRATULATIONS. And thank you to the people who bred their hollies so that more people had a chance to obtain the most wanted dragon in DC. laugh.gif

While I may emit defeat in the search for a holly this year, I know that there will be even more of a chance to get one next year!

It was really great that one was actually able to see Holly eggs in the AP this year. In all the three years as a scroll-owner I never even saw a Holly egg there before.

I have to work full-time and especially around Christmas there's still a lot to do. When I came home late last night I went to DC and tried to catch a Holly for several hours. Was glad I saw a few, but didn't catch one. I refreshed the page so many times that my fingers started to hurt! biggrin.gif At one point I realised that it was well past 1am and that I should really go to bed because another hard day at work was lying ahead. And somehow I realised that I should probably rather sleep a bit instead of sitting there and hunting pixels so desperately for so many hours. I reluctantly closed the site and went to bed after all, knowing that another year would go by until I have the chance to hunt for a Holly again. But it was a good decision, I guess. And who knows, maybe I'll be lucky next xear, when there'll be even more Holly dragons to spread the love. smile.gif

Happy hunting and good luck to all of you who are still trying! Happy holidays to all of you, and merry new Christmas dragons! biggrin.gif

Saw the entire first row full of Hollies. If I was any normal person I might have fainted. Still didn't get one though!

Took me a few hours just to get a Yule. When my other eggs hatch later I might see if I can get one (or something else I need, because there is a hell of a lot of eggs on there right now).

Edited by Ashywolf

I am willing to bet that the people who got CB hollies last year are as excited to get to breed them for the first time as the people that finally get to see them in the AP this year :3

Btw, for those that like toying with overlays on wreaths, I'm not sure I'll keep what I have but I think it was interesting. I've been toying with the snowflake over the large balls.