AlternateMew

Zombie advice

17th ??? I thought that OVER risky; on olympe's (I think) suggestion, I killed on 18th.... 17th would you not lose the tombstones JUST before 31st ???

But I hadn't noted that you didn't have any either. We both also have no GoN. I think our scrolls are coded thusly sad.gif

It's a little risky, but only if the reset is at midnight..which it hasn't been. The reset to try to kill a dodger dragon is at midnight, but kill slots have come back (and at least vamp killed tombstones disappear, or so it appeared) 14 days to the minute that you killed a dragon so technically my kill should come back around 10am tomorrow. If my tombstones poof at midnight that will be annoying, but at least then we will all know and hopefully I will still get my kills back by noon so I can try again. I have a lot of spare fodder so if I do get them back dodging at least shouldn't skunk me.

LOL...apparently some dragons species just don't like us. It's nice to know that I'm in such good company though.

It's a little risky, but only if the reset is at midnight..which it hasn't been. The reset to try to kill a dodger dragon is at midnight, but kill slots have come back (and at least vamp killed tombstones disappear, or so it appeared) 14 days to the minute that you killed a dragon so technically my kill should come back around 10am tomorrow. If my tombstones poof at midnight that will be annoying, but at least then we will all know and hopefully I will still get my kills back by noon so I can try again. I have a lot of spare fodder so if I do get them back dodging at least shouldn't skunk me.

LOL...apparently some dragons species just don't like us. It's nice to know that I'm in such good company though.

This has not been my experience.

I had a dragon dodge my kill this year, and dodged again after midnight. However, later that day (before midnight rolled around again, but 24 hours after I'd tried my original kill), my dragon stopped dodging and actually got killed. So, in my case, the dodge reset 24 hours after my dodged attempt, NOT just because midnight rolled by.

Having said that, it has also been my experience that while it's true tombstones disappear exactly 2 weeks to the minute after their death... the kill slots come back sort of randomly, and it's at least 2 weeks after you used them. I hate to say it, but I think you're out of luck in being able to use your kills again on Halloween.

Please post if I'm wrong! If anybody was able to use 10 kill slots in a way that allowed them to attempt reviving all 10 victims on Halloween, that would be totally worth knowing.

Edited by jerusha

I had a dragon dodge my kill this year, and dodged again after midnight. However, later that day (before midnight rolled around again, but 24 hours after I'd tried my original kill), my dragon stopped dodging and actually got killed. So, in my case, the dodge reset 24 hours after my dodged attempt, NOT just because midnight rolled by.

Having said that, it has also been my experience that while it's true tombstones disappear exactly 2 weeks to the minute after their death... the kill slots come back sort of randomly, and it's at least 2 weeks after you used them. I hate to say it, but I think you're out of luck in being able to use your kills again on Halloween.

Please post if I'm wrong! If anybody was able to use 10 kill slots in a way that allowed them to attempt reviving all 10 victims on Halloween, that would be totally worth knowing.

Hmm... I thought I had seen several people who were killing said that they had to wait until the reset at midnight. I don't think my friend first tried at midnight, but that could be. I'll have to find out. I thought it was Wookie who I had first seen say that it reset at midnight.

No experience myself at that since I've only ever tried to kill them on Halloween so if they dodged I was just out of luck. The only dodge that I went back and rekilled was a dodge from last year who I did in this year. *grins*

I'll be sure to post however it works out. .....the things we do in the name of scientific research. wink.gif

I had a dragon dodge my kill this year, and dodged again after midnight.  However, later that day (before midnight rolled around again, but 24 hours after I'd tried my original kill), my dragon stopped dodging and actually got killed.  So, in my case, the dodge reset 24 hours after my dodged attempt, NOT just because midnight rolled by.

Having said that, it has also been my experience that while it's true tombstones disappear exactly 2 weeks to the minute after their death... the kill slots come back sort of randomly, and it's at least 2 weeks after you used them.  I hate to say it, but I think you're out of luck in being able to use your kills again on Halloween. 

Please post if I'm wrong!  If anybody was able to use 10 kill slots in a way that allowed them to attempt reviving all 10 victims on Halloween, that would be totally worth knowing.

One is trying. (Quite a few of us are). We shall see.

Any of my planned fodder who live on will have to go in the Hunger Games instead. They Have Been Warned :xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

One is trying. (Quite a few of us are). We shall see.

Any of my planned fodder who live on will have to go in the Hunger Games instead. They Have Been Warned :xd.png

Dragon Hunger Games - LOL, too funny!

I have heard two different things about dodging:

1.That it resets at midnight.

2. That it resets 24 hours after your first dodged attempt.

In my own experience, it was most certainly 24 hours after the first dodged attempt. Last week, I tried to kill my dragon in the early afternoon and he dodged. I tried again after midnight DC time that day; still dodging. After midnight my local time; still dodgy. Early in the morning; still dodgy. Finally, 24+ hours after I'd tried the first time BUT before midnight DC time had rolled around again, I successfully killed him.

This tells me that, in that case at least, dodging was related to number of hours since first attempt, not whether midnight had passed.

17th ??? I thought that OVER risky; on olympe's (I think) suggestion, I killed on 18th.... 17th would you not lose the tombstones JUST before 31st ???

But I hadn't noted that you didn't have any either. We both also have no GoN. I think our scrolls are coded thusly sad.gif

Well, if we will some of us will be seeing in a few hours. Myself included. xd.png I already have two adults and planned badly for my lineage desires anyway, so I have the leisure to say 'oh well' if they disappear too early to revive. Let this year's opportunity not be wasted, for science!

And yes, you can rename zombies whenever. The only possible block is finding them. Which isn't a problem if you keep tabs on them.

Personally, I actually don't expect my kills to come back for tomorrow. I expect the kills to be gone longer than the tombstone's presence. But I'm among those that are trying anyways.

For people who killed on the 17th, it'll all depend on when your dragon died.

If it died at noon DC time on the 17th, then you have until noon on the 31st to revive before your tombstone disappears.

If you didn't keep track of your fodders' death times, it's probably best to start trying to revive those you killed on the 17th ASAP once midnight tonight hits, so you don't have to worry about it smile.gif

My two dodgers (both are dead now muahahaha) were both killed after the reset at Midnight. I didn't have to wait the full 24hrs.

Dragon Hunger Games - LOL, too funny!

Aren't you in ? See my sig wink.gif

What is going to happen to the zombies, now that the halloween drops have changed?

Can we still go ahead on 31st to revive them?

i was wondering the same thing myself.

I'm also kind of confused how this entire process works. I was thinking about going out and just killing off some of my adult dragons today and seeing if I can get a zombie tomorrow, if this is still happening. Can it work that way at all? Or is it not going to work?

TJ said, in his update, that the rest of the Halloween plans were going ahead as scheduled. I'm pretty sure that means the Zombies will still be able to be created tomorrow.

You can kill your adults today (if you have kill slots available,) but remember to leave the reviving them until tomorrow. They will NOT become Zombies if you revive them today. Also remember that adults can dodge and you won't be able to kill them again until after Midnight...and sometimes, they like to dodge again and again. It took three days to kill one of my adults.

It's not going to really matter for me since I can always reclaim them anyways. I have plenty I can replace after Halloween. So it's not a big deal to me. I guess you could say I'm heartless to my dragons. -Shrugs- I guess I don't need emotional help with reading the kill messages because it doesn't affect me at all.

I got a hatchling last year, but I want an adult now, and dammit! 4 of the 7 dragons I've tried to murder stab have avoided my attack. And three of them were specifically named for zombie creation.

THEY KNOW. D:<

EDIT: OK, now I only need to pick 2 more. >:P So that's... like 9 attempts and 6 avoids? Hmm... *strokes evil beard*

Edited by Watari

I'm SO going to check here tomorrow before I start trying to revive my dragons, heh. Could someone with a zillion recently-deceased hatchlings please post when they get their first success? laugh.gif

Well my murdered adults will poof on me by midday tomorrow so I have to at least try with those, but I don't know that I'm going to be a good gauge as to if the zombies are a go since....

well three years and counting with no luck. rolleyes.gif

Looks like I am going to have 7 attempts at getting a zombie. I have to leave for work in a few minutes so I will be reviving them as soon as I get home! xd.png

I'm guessing we will all be posting our results here then?

*nods* At least that's my plan. Best of luck to you and your seven. wink.gif Have fun at work.

It's Dragon Cave time, right? And not my own time? ('cause if it's dragon cave time, I get to try before it's even 31 my time. xd.png)

Yep. Cave time which is in about 2 hours. laugh.gif

I'll be going a revive-a-thon almost as soon as Midnight hits, so I will definitely post my results here. I have 4 adults and 15 hatchlings as hopfuls.

Midnight Cave time is 9 PM Tuesday my time so I'll be able to start reviving before bed. I can't wait!

To add to the when-do-kill-slots-come-back discussion, I just got a kill slot back from a killed vampire egg I bit exactly two weeks ago, as soon as the broken eggshell disappeared. So I didn't have to wait for midnight. For what it's worth.