marhawkman

Where did your ancestors come from?

Personally, I'm a Human/Californian from the planet Earth.

On my mom's side, I could join the DAR based on at least a dozen different grandfathers, with a mostly English/Scots-Irish background, with one branch that might be from the Netherlands, all arriving in America between 1620 and 1717. My dad's side is a lot murkier, but the guess is pretty much English-Aussie-German-American mutt. My maternal grandmother had Lakota cousins, and my mom had Creek cousins. However, within my generation, we have added Slovenian, Lithuanian, Irish, Hopi, Mexican, Filipino, Korean, Romanian, just to name a few of the branches! Religious backgrounds include Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, and we all seem to get along reasonably well. If you start looking at my friends, I think we've got the world pretty well covered.

On my dads side Ive been Aussie for 7 generations, but my ancestors came from mostly Sussex, england, and a couple from Ireland. On my mothers side, I'm 1/8 Greek and 1/8 Turkish, and 1/4 that I dont have a clue.

On my father's side, my ancestors are from Africa. On my mother's side, the most dominant genes in me, are Natives of America. I've been in America all my life. :3

Huh. My entire family (except for a few) has probably never set foot outside China, which is where I'm from. tongue.gif

I'm half Filipino (my dad was born in the Philippines) and German/British on my mom's side.

My family came from Paris to the UK around 4 generations ago, one of my grandfathers was Henri Sanson, who was the royal executioner, Scary 0.o

Well, all my ancestors were kittypets.

My half brother, Firestar, is a ClanCat.

I'm a rogue, a proud leader of BloodClan.

My dad is Serbian while my mum is a Serbian/Croatian mix, so I have both in my bloodline. smile.gif

Though I was born in America like my mother, I have a family line that traces back to both Mexico and Ecuador. It's possible that my earlier ancestors might have migrated from Spain to come to Latin and South America, but unlikely.

My family has roots in Fujian Province, a few moved to Hong Kong and to the United States where I am now (and was born). Most likely no non-Chinese ancestors or blood relatives, though people have often mistaken me for being mixed.

My mom's side of the family has roots in Canada and Ireland. On my dad's side we've traced it back to 1600s England.

Norway, Switzerland, Ireland, England, Holland, Wales, Germany, Etc.

I'm just under 1/2 Norwegian due to great-grandparents on both sides being Norse. 1/4 Swiss. The rest is a Heinz 57 mix.

My mom's side of the family has roots in Canada and Ireland. On my dad's side we've traced it back to 1600s England.

How do you trace it? ohmy.gif

On my Mothers side I'm Scots-Irish. Dad is a right mixture.

He has English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, French, German and Norse blood.

We know the most about the French members of the family. They were nobility and they fled France during the revolution to save their necks from a close acquaintance with Madame Guillotine. Two branches came over to the UK.

The poorer members of the family settled on the Isle of Wight. The richer lot went to London. We're more directly related to the London lot.

Unfortunately they lost all their money either in that generation or as it came down the line. So although my family comes from Old Money we don't have any of it. sad.gif

Another interesting fact is that one of those French Ancestors was a navy captain and his map table was used to make Napolean's coffin.

Edited by Cireth

Time for the Heinz 57...

England, France, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, America (as in aboriginal, Native American), possibly Germany, Israel, and I know I am forgetting something. rolleyes.gif Of course, if you go back far enough, Africa, but that includes everyone. laugh.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

How do you trace it? ohmy.gif

My grandma is a huge ancestry nut! She has a membership on Ancestry.com and there are also places you can go with libraries and computers that can help. One thing I find the most fascinating is we have copies of an 1800s family reunion invitation that includes the known story of my family immigration/history smile.gif

My mom's side comes from England and Scotland. My dad's side of the family is from Austria and Poland. I've got the genealogy for my mother's side (because I wanted to join the Mayflower Society and the Daughters of the American Revolution). I am working on the genealogy for my dad's side.

My mom's American (Don't know what state) and my dad's half Scottish, half English. smile.gif

Apparently my mom is descended from the Cherokees.

Edited by raichuluxray