marhawkman

Where did your ancestors come from?

smile.gif

My mother is 100% Chinese and she is indigenous villagers in Hong Kong

My dad is 100% Chinese

All I know is that both my parents are from Vietnam. If there is more to our lineage than that, I wouldn't know.

I am 3/4's German and 1/4 Lebanese. (: Born and raised in Germany, then moved to America.

I'm the first Lebanese to post on here! WOOT WOOT! biggrin.gif

Edited by popcorncat11

I'm half greek, quarter german, the other quarter is scottish with some other stuff mixed in there.

English and Scottish, for the most part. One of my Great Grandmothers was Lakota Sioux.

From what I've heard, some of my ancestors were from Taiwan. Not too sure about its reliability though. We don't keep a record of our heritage, which is rather sad sad.gif It'd be cool if it were true though.

No clue. My legal last name is German (which I don't go by for varying reasons), but my parents' stories have changed so many times over the years, I pretty gave up any idea of ever knowing.

*shrug*

I know I'm olive toned and they're not, and interestingly enough though, they're all blond/red haired and blue/green eyed, which goes waaaaaay back in their family trees (seen photos of many of their family members) and no black-brown hair and hazel eyes like me.

Soooooo no clue. Especially as I've been told a thousand times by now that this apparently has nothing to do with anything. (genetically speaking anyway).

Ah, hmm. I must point out here that red is recessive to blond is recessive to brown/black in human hair colour. Which means two red/blond parents can't actually have a dark haired child. Same with eye colour - green and blue are both recessive to brown. Which means two people with blue eyes cannot produce a brown eyed child.

Mother: Welsh-Scot-Irish, Native American (tribe unknown sadly [want to find out which]), French Jew

Father: Persian

Me: American Mutt. And proud.

Mother: Irish and German

Father: Russian and German, perhaps some Scandinavian.

Father: Scottish and Celtic

Mother: Italian and English

and very little native American, Sioux from Father's Side and Cherokee from Mother's Side

Oh boy, where do my ancestors not come from would be a better question. The answer being eastern countries like China and Korea. And really far north in the Americas, like natives from Alaska and Canada.

Mother: For the most part, my grandmother on this side is Welsh, while my grandfather is black. But my mom also has some middle eastern and other parts of Europe in her. As well as Cherokee blood for her Native American.

Father: I don't really know about my grandmother on this side, but I do know my grandfather is partly Scottish and has some Blackfoot as a large portion of his blood.

So yeah, that's me.

Completely unrelated to my ethnicity, but kind of cool: My dad's aunt was some Native American princess or something, I don't know the whole story, but she's married in.

Mother: Mostly English, also Irish, Scottish, Latvian

Father: South African (Dutch if you take that back 2 more generations), English.

I've taken up a lot of interest in my own ansectory lately!

Europe in general but my mothers side came from around Somerset in England where they lived for hundreds of years, that side can be traced back to Lord and Lady peoples (all called Richard/William/Henry for a few hundred years haha). Apparently Alfred the Great and people with names like Elfwyn of Mercia were some how related to them, but I've never been able to find solid evidence, it would a bit cool if it's true though. It could be that their ansectors were friends or something.

I also discovered I'm inbred... some cousins married in the 1600's.

And my dads side were convicts sent to Australia. He gave me a whole book about their family tree.

My ancestry's so messed up, I consider myself a citizen of the world.

Random places in Europe.

My mom did some genealogical research, and people who who came from one country had ancestors who moved there from another country. People moved around long ago too.

Edited by Cielmuir

Let's see:

Paternal genealogy is from England through Michigan then up to Canada

Maternal genealogy is from England through Iowa, Nebraska then up to Canada

Me? Canadian born, moved to the States when I was 6, went into US Navy (later, of course) in time for Vietnam, then citizenship...

Now have three American children, all grown and so far 16 grandkids.

Eight of whom are Saudi/American, the other eight all American. (This includes four step-grandchildren who I love dearly. I treat them all the same)

Me, Bot Of My Paternal and Maternal ancestors come from South Sumatera, i live in Banten, Indonesia now.

Just... german, nothing else that I know of. Perhaps some italian on my paternal grandpa's side but that's probably wishful thinking. unsure.gif

As far as I know, my Grandfather was Irish, but most of my other relatives are English. Although, my auntie is Chilean, but I suppose that doesn't count.

Turns out I might also be related to a pretty famous smuggler :3