marhawkman

Where did your ancestors come from?

Distaff - Gipsy (Grandpa) and Czech (Grandma)

Sword - Jewish (Grandma) and French (Grandpa)

- some nobility, some working class, all messed up... biggrin.gif

I only really know that my grandma's family on my mom's side is from Norway. I'm part viking! wink.gif

Mother is Russian, Father is Georgian and Ingushetian (atm. the smallest Russian region in squares).

And, judging from my ancestral line, I am somewhat related to military. That, or I can be wrong.

An endless mix of nationalitites.

Edited by Hazel360

All my ancestors are Italian since centuries. I know my father's family was of far Norman origin, while my mother's family has been living in my region at least since 1700 (we made some research)

I'm not really sure. I know my surname is Welsh, and that my mom's great-grandmother was Cherokee. I'm probably a mix of a lot of things.

Hurrg, lessee here.

Father: Apache, Comanche, and Spanish

Mother: English, Irish, Norman-French (Norse mixed with the Franks, basically) German, plus anything else that we don't know about.

My ancestors got around a lot. I got super pronounced cheekbones from my dad, dark hair from my dad, dark eyes from both, and ye olde Irish complexion from my mom. I burn a lot.

I am Romani and Turkish for the most part with a little hodge podge on the one branch of my family including some Sioux, Romanian, Hungarian and Ukrainian.

I am Irish on both sides until about the 15th century where it was Scottish.

So Scottish until 15th century then Irish.

Mom is from china

dad is from taiwan

and apparently, unless you are aboriginal, all taiwanese people have some Finland blood in them.... that's why even when my great great grand parents from my dad's side were born in taiwan, they have a few strings of brown hair on them.

English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, French, Dutch, Swiss, Jewish, African. Yup, I'm a mutt.

All I know is that both great-grandparents on my dad's side were Czech, and I've got Irish and English mixed in there somewhere... and a lot of other things, but no one's told me what those might be xd.png

Lessee, I have English, Irish, French (Acadian), Portuguese, maybe Scottish??, Mi'kmaq, Métis, and several other First Nations, I believe. Might be a few others I can't think of right off hand.

English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, French, Dutch, Swiss, Jewish, African. Yup, I'm a mutt.

I'm 99% sure 'Jewish' isn't a nationality, it's a religion.

Sorry for pickin' on you, it just perks me when people say that XP

Canadian, English, Scottish, Irish.... I'm a plain Jane ;n;

My grandmother was Jewish, and could trace her origins back to Palestine 1000 years ago. It's not just a religion, it's a culture and a heritage. You can still be Jewish, of Jewish descent and not be religious at all...I know many like that.

And if it "perks" you, you ought to try studying it a bit...it's more than you think.

Canadian, English, Scottish, Irish.... I'm a plain Jane ;n;

If you're going to be nit-picky 'nationality' isn't ancestry, either. The Nationality of the majority posting here is American, end of. Nationality is a legal relationship between a person and a nation state.

My Nationality is British.

My heritage is mixed English, Scotch and Irish.

Well, on my mom's side I know that my great grandparents came to the U.S. from Sicily. My last name is Irish and I know I have Irish and Italian on both sides. My dad's mom's family is from either Sweden or Switzerland, I'm thinking Switzerland. And there is some German in there somewhere too. Oh- also I think my dad's dad was from Canada.

The story handed down from my great grandparents is that they started dating and after only a week they wanted to get married, but their families wouldn't allow them to marry each other so they eloped to America. They actually did really well financially and when the great depression came they were able to live rather comfortably. They stayed together well into their 90s, and were only separated by death. My great grandfather went first, and about 4 years later my great grandma passed.

Edited by Cecona

My mom's entire side is from Portugal. My mom says way back some of her family lived on the mainland and some lived in the Azores. My dad's dad's side is from Portugal as well, but my dad's mom's side is from England.