marhawkman

Where did your ancestors come from?

This isn't a racial slur, I'm very proud about this ancestor, because he was one of the best musicians (as most of the gypsies of this age). Now if this word is insultive, I apologise about my english, because I don't know any other synonyms. But I think it's ok because it's also a nationality/breed. If it's an offensive word in English and there are synonyms more polite, tell me to use them.

The proper name is Romani/Rroma.

"Gypsy" has negative/racist stereotypes (the whole "wanderers, thieves, fortune-tellers, swindlers, horse-breeders, dancers, musicians" thing) attached to it.

The proper name is Romani/Rroma.

"Gypsy" has negative/racist stereotypes (the whole "wanderers, thieves, fortune-tellers, swindlers, horse-breeders, dancers, musicians" thing) attached to it.

ok I'll use Rroma, but in my country we use Rroma for non-Rromas (weird...).

(and mucisians isn't bad at all).

I'm sorry and I didn't mean to insult anyone. sad.gif

On one side of my family, my ancestors were Dutch and German. The other side is all Scottish.

I love Scotland. laugh.gif

my dad could probably be more specific but ii do know that ii'm from England, Germany, Scandinavia, and partially Native American. ii am actually be an English prince's descendent. or ii could be a Cherokee princess (but then, aren't most americans? tongue.gif ) Edited by Gemini Kitten

I'm all over the place. On my father's side, German/Dutch (ancestor originally from Das Rheinland, emigrated to Die Nederlands and became a subject if the Queen, then came to colonial America from there), Anglo-Irish and Shawnee. On my mother's side, German, Irish, Basque and Iroquois.

On my mom's side, we have Irish with traces back to the Scottish clam Macdonald of Clanranald, and German. On my dad's side, Hungarian and German.

May or may not be able to claim Bela Lugosi as a relative, his real surname is Blasko, and we've got Blasko's on the Hungarian side, but we aren't sure if any were from Lugos(where Bela was born and took his stage name from).

Edited by CheshireFox

Mom's side > German, French Canadian, Dutch

Dad's side > English

My mom's father being the French Canadian and his parents were German that made move to Canada. met on the boat and the rest is history as they say, they settled down and had 4 kids one being my grandfather.

Dutch comes from my Mom's Mother's side,not sure on where about's in family line.

As said my Dad, English completely, it amazes my Mom at times how they got together at times with some of his comments when he hear's someone with a different accent, he is soooo English through and through laugh.gif

I normally term myself as a cocktail biggrin.gif

No clue. My legal last name is German (which I don't go by for varying reasons), but my parents' stories have changed so many times over the years, I pretty gave up any idea of ever knowing.

*shrug*

I know I'm olive toned and they're not, and interestingly enough though, they're all blond/red haired and blue/green eyed, which goes waaaaaay back in their family trees (seen photos of many of their family members) and no black-brown hair and hazel eyes like me.

Soooooo no clue. Especially as I've been told a thousand times by now that this apparently has nothing to do with anything. (genetically speaking anyway).

I'm a standard Euro-mutt. Largely German, some Swedish, Polish, possibly French, supposedly Native American, possibly Irish? I don't even know the history of my surname, though it's similar enough to a Spanish name to cause confusion when they find pasty blonde me.

Oh, forgive me. I meant to say my ~delicate porcelain complexion~. Especially right now while I'm sick and look vaguely consumptive like an elegant ivory princess.

Oh, forgive me. I meant to say my ~delicate porcelain complexion~. Especially right now while I'm sick and look vaguely consumptive like an elegant ivory princess.

Yeaaaaaaaaah no. If anyone looks consumptive here, it's me. rolleyes.gif I'm the one with the horrible cough and a voice that makes me sound like I ate a teenage boy for cereal this morning and haven't had my tone break properly yet.

Yeah, we really need to pick up better breakfast food. I knew I shouldn't have gone grocery shopping with Hannibal Lecter.

(Excuse us while we take over this whole thread *cough*)

More of a Purebred then anything. Technically chinese but I was born in the US... dosen't make a difference

How far back are we talking about? 'Cos all humans were originally from Africa, right?

Farther back?

user posted image

Even farther?

user posted image

Nice, huh? biggrin.gif

Edited by dirtytabs

Everywhere.

Literally, my family has more nationalities on it then I can count with hairs on my head.

Hampshire! In England. Well, actually, a few generations back I'm half Cornish, half Yorkshire. But I am 90% certain that not a single one of my ancestors comes from anywhere but England, and that I am proud of. Although, I should have been born Japanese - everything I love, from Nintendo games to origami to Vocaloid music to Shiba Inu dogs, comes from Japan. Oh well.

I'm 100% boring Chinese. Both of my parents are from a village on this island off the coast of China- Zhejiang. I feel like I'm some inbred animal.

My dad lived in Taiwan most of his childhood.

I got a boring life.

Not too sure, but I think I'm a purebred. Both my biological mother and father were of the same race.