TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

There are trading threads. And nice people who will pick up extra eggs with their fast-connections and then drop them on the AP for people.

I don't see how anything can be done to "fix" this. Some people have faster reflexes and faster connections, and there really isn't anything that the website can do about that. This entire game hinges around speed. That's what egg-drops are all about.

Yes, there are gifting threads, but not everyone is aware of them, or is fortunate enough to get those gifts because there are only so many to go around. Are YOU willing to give up some of your new eggs? And while I do have someone nice enough to be helping me catch eggs while I'm off at work later on in the day, that person was told that that might be considered multi-scrolling now, so what are we to think?

The point is that is being missed or avoided is- the five-minute drops at the top of the hour used to last five minutes, without the AP blocking them and plenty of eggs dropping with opportunities for many to catch something. That has changed since the biome features and other things, such as egg limits went into effect. That makes it tough to get events eggs, particularly when you can grab all you can- with anywhere from 4-7 eggs per scroll, and without others to catch for you if you know the right people and others using methods frowned on by the staff to get theirs regardless of fast connections (I'm looking at you, Firefox auto-refreshers).

Edited by blackdragon71

Try it, it might help. wink.gif

I don't have Firefox, but Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Do you know how to change it on those? Or do I have to download Firefox?

Yes, there are gifting threads, but not everyone is aware of them, or is fortunate enough to get those gifts because there are only so many to go around. Are YOU willing to give up some of your new eggs? And while I do have someone nice enough to be helping me catch eggs while I'm off at work later on in the day, that person was told that that might be considered multi-scrolling now, so what are we to think?

The point is that is being missed or avoided is- the five-minute drops at the top of the hour used to last five minutes, without the AP blocking them and plenty of eggs dropping with opportunities for many to catch something. That has changed since the biome features and other things, such as egg limits went into effect. That makes it tough to get events eggs, particularly when you can grab all you can- with anywhere from 4-7 eggs per scroll, and others to catch for you if you know the right people and others using methods frowned on by the staff to get theirs regardless of fast connections (I'm looking at you, Firefox auto-refreshers).

What happened before... Is that there was the same (or similar?) amount of eggs being dropped in one area... Which means that 900 users all fighting in one area to try and get the eggs dropped.

Now with biomes, there are 6 areas where users can get eggs... It makes sense that the drops aren't lasting as long. That's because there are now 18 eggs being viewed at once, instead of only 3.

Don't stress yourself!

You have 24 hour drops. everyone will get their eggs wink.gif Like always....

Like always? I wish...

There's always lots of people who get none or can only trade for them for high prices...

I don't have Firefox, but Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Do you know how to change it on those? Or do I have to download Firefox?

For Chrome: Click the wrench in the top right corner > Options > Under The Hood > Content Settings > Don't Show any Images & Do not allow any site to run JavaScript

I think most people are complaining that there are too few eggs dropping in the hourly drops because they don't actually take into consideration that the eggs are dropping in ALL 6 Biomes, so of course it would seem that there are only a few dropping when you're sitting in one Biome. If you deactivate all the other Biomes and have these eggs droppin in just one Biome, there'll be like, about a thousand people fighting to catch and then there'll still be complaints, no?

I managed to get one out of like 20 clicks. and earlier when I tried to snag a marrow egg, i clicked a very low albino it seemed and it died straight after i got it...forever alone TT.TT

Like always? I wish...

There's always lots of people who get none or can only trade for them for high prices...

But still, normally everyone has at least one egg at the end....

Yes, there are gifting threads, but not everyone is aware of them, or is fortunate enough to get those gifts because there are only so many to go around.  Are YOU willing to give up some of your new eggs?  And while I do have someone nice enough to be helping me catch eggs while I'm off at work later on in the day, that person was told that that might be considered multi-scrolling now, so what are we to think? 

The point is that is being missed or avoided is- the five-minute drops at the top of the hour used to last five minutes, without the AP blocking them and plenty of eggs dropping with opportunities for many to catch something.  That has changed since the biome features and other things, such as egg limits went into effect.  That makes it tough to get events eggs, particularly when you can grab all you can- with anywhere from 4-7 eggs per scroll, and without others to catch for you if you know the right people and others using methods frowned on by the staff to get theirs regardless of fast connections (I'm looking at you, Firefox auto-refreshers).

Yes, actually, I'm happy to give away some of my newly-caught eggs to people who actually try first.

Nothing has changed in the hour-drops, not egg-wise. The biomes make it easier for people to grab eggs, yes, and the raised limits mean people who have worked hard to get trophies are allowed to grab more eggs.... But the number of eggs released on the hour-drops hasn't changed (unless TJ is keeping something from us).

People still have the exact same amount of eggs to fight over. And honestly, biomes most likely make it *easier* to grab eggs, because people are in many different places. 300 people fighting over the eggs in a specific biome, instead of 900 people fighting over the eggs on the main-cave page? That's *easier*.

It's really not up to DC to make sure that every single person gets an equal chance at getting eggs. It's about reflexes and time. Persistance. Trading or finding friends with fast reflexes. It's *never* been about DC handing you eggs.

edit: Multi-scrolling shouldn't be a problem here, though. We've been warned many times not to ask/advertise "catchers" in the forums, but outside of the forums, it's not a scroll-burning offense (at least, that was the consensus last time it was talked about). And with the higher egg limits, if a friend can catch eggs easily and then *Teleport* them to your scroll, you bypass that problem altogether.

Edited by Marie19R

are making zombies still available this year? i already had to kill 4 of my dragons... >>

checked the cave time, ISNT IT SUPPOSE TO BE 31st?

OH BTW EPIC EGGS TJ >:I my friend totally thought it was gonna be skeletons this year.

HAH TO HIM!

alright thanks :>

are making zombies still available this year? i already had to kill 4 of my dragons... >>

checked the cave time, ISNT IT SUPPOSE TO BE 31st?

Yes, Zombies are available this year - I made 3 today. biggrin.gif

Yes, actually, I'm happy to give away some of my newly-caught eggs to people who actually try first.

Nothing has changed in the hour-drops, not egg-wise. The biomes make it easier for people to grab eggs, yes, and the raised limits mean people who have worked hard to get trophies are allowed to grab more eggs.... But the number of eggs released on the hour-drops hasn't changed (unless TJ is keeping something from us).

People still have the exact same amount of eggs to fight over. And honestly, biomes most likely make it *easier* to grab eggs, because people are in many different places. 300 people fighting over the eggs in a specific biome, instead of 900 people fighting over the eggs on the main-cave page? That's *easier*.

It's really not up to DC to make sure that every single person gets an equal chance at getting eggs. It's about reflexes and time. Persistance. Trading or finding friends with fast reflexes. It's *never* been about DC handing you eggs.

well said. ;D

This year it seems harder to catch eggs. During 2 hourly drops I could only catch one of them. I didn't have the problem in the past... But we still got some hours left.

I think the point is that there are a record number of people on, and not a proportional record number of eggs dropping.

Even if we can't for some reason have continuous Floods, why not at least increase the number of eggs dropping?

I think most people are complaining that there are too few eggs dropping in the hourly drops because they don't actually take into consideration that the eggs are dropping in ALL 6 Biomes, so of course it would seem that there are only a few dropping when you're sitting in one Biome. If you deactivate all the other Biomes and have these eggs droppin in just one Biome, there'll be like, about a thousand people fighting to catch and then there'll still be complaints, no?

Yet, it feels like the upped egg limits haven't been considered. I don't know if the number of eggs dropped has been increased compared to last year. And I don't think it would have hurt to increase the number of eggs for five minute drops - I don't see why five minute drops could not drop ten eggs in each biome instead stretching ten over all biomes.

Yes, Zombies are available this year - I made 3 today. biggrin.gif

thank YOU miss! biggrin.gifD

QAQ O MAI I HATE MY LUCKS *SOBSOBSOBMAIDRAGONSINDRAGONHEAVEN~*

Does making zombies still permanently affect your kill counter? I noticed mine is back to 5 tries instead of 2 (I made 3 zombies last year), but I just wanted to make sure.

Not that I'm seriously thinking about zombifying anything this year. And, well, not that I use the Kill action at all in the first place, but I'd like the option open.

Hmm... I don't seem to be having problems... I have four of the eggs already. O.o

I'm still sad though because I killed five of my dragons to try and get a Zombie, but none of them worked. T____T

Or six eggs. (Response to Khay's saying that 18 eggs every 5 minutes.) xd.png But at the top of the hour (to differentiate, and make myself clear), that drop is still lasting only 1-2 minutes. I have timed it, every hour since 10:00 my time, which is midnight for the cave. The very first drop lasted only 3 minutes. Since then, every top-of-the-hour-drop has not lasted beyond two minutes, and that drop should be a fairly long enough drop for people to try and catch something. It's not. The load up for slower browsers and computers (again, mine isn't, but with 1100 people stalking the cave, it's definitely slower than usual!) will cause a lot of frustration and make it hard for people to catch anything in two minutes. At least five minutes would give more of a chance.

The whole, 'wait until tomorrow' thing was just crass and insensitive. Not everyone can. Some people have school, work, and family obligations to meet. Some people live on the other side of the globe, and the event might be over before they can get their first egg. Maybe they don't want to wait until next year. PBs aren't always as nice to have as CBs for lineages. Congrats to those of you who have your scroll locks, already, honestly. I have two, and I am grateful. Caught those on my own. I hope to see a few more before 10 p.m. tomorrow (and yes, I would put my money where my mouth is and share one or two). Sucked waiting until this year for marrows, though (ISP issues last year, and don't get me started on THAT).

What I'm saying, is maybe TJ could at least lengthen the top-of-the-hour drop. That's fair. It doesn't seem fair to keep them short, even in more places to hunt. There are at least 125 people in each biome to compete with.

Edited by blackdragon71