TJ09

2011-10-27 - Haunted House Event

I can't open the link ;(

Sent you a PM.

For users with screen readers: send me a PM and I'll send you a description of the images!

I normally don't comment in these threads because I never feel like I have anything useful to say, but this was a really, REALLY fun event.

I was REALLY scared in the beginning that I would do something accidentally and kill myself. I have too many vivid memories of too many LP's of the King's Quest games : - x. Once I calmed down and just explored with impunity I had more fun : - D.

I am curious, will the "inventory" be available after the event, perhaps accessible by clicking the badge in a similar fashion as seeing the trick-or-treat items from last year?

This is really fun (but hard!). I'm only at 27 and I'm already finding myself going round and round and round in circles

Woot, managed to get all 40. CX Fun fun!

@Mathias & anyone else who is wondering:

The items will be viewed either through the haunted house badge, or the trick-or-treat badge (as some people may not finish, thus resulting in items but no access, and there is a separator made like the Easter's), just give TJ time to get to it, as he had still been focused on debugging the house and making sure it worked right, the items should be up and visible via the badges sometime tomorrow, I do believe.

So yes, that is already planned. ^^

Hello!

May I ask where could I find that green dog-looking thing on a scroll?

That's one I've missed but I got the chicken! smile.gif

I having way to much trouble with this and think going to give up, reading is way to hard for me, and all I am going is around in an circle, oh well

Arapaho

I am stuck on 33 items... what item do you need to search the basement more?

@Mathias & anyone else who is wondering:

The items will be viewed either through the haunted house badge, or the trick-or-treat badge (as some people may not finish, thus resulting in items but no access, and there is a separator made like the Easter's), just give TJ time to get to it, as he had still been focused on debugging the house and making sure it worked right, the items should be up and visible via the badges sometime tomorrow, I do believe.

So yes, that is already planned. ^^

Wow, I even looked a few pages into the past to see if the answer was there. If I had looked JUST ONE MORE PAGE I WOULD HAVE SEEN IT!

Blarg. Thanks for the info!

Edited by MathiasTolerain

Basement:

mansion>archway>play piano>go to hallway>heavy door

Green thing on parchment:

mansion>archway>play piano>take parchment>show off rat

I was REALLY scared in the beginning that I would do something accidentally and kill myself.

Oh man, me too. At first I was picking all the safe options (stay on the road, don't go into the house, don't flush the toilet) because I didn't want a GAME OVER screen 2 minutes into the event =P

I guess it goes to show you: taking risks and picking up random things like animal corpses, poisonous flowers, and bottles of acid works out well in the end.

Stogucheme thanks!

Now I have 40 items smile.gif

Hope that's all 'cause my eyes are in pain from so much reading!

It was like read a novell BTW laugh.gif

I wonder if the Portal theme actually made the story much more enjoyable to read because that theme is dark and then the story is about explorations and stuff. tongue.gif

I loved it! Needed to find some hints about the skull and the chicken, but figured the rest out by myself. smile.gif

at the basement

I can't get into the basement, though. When I try to open the heavy door it says,

"Pulling yourself together, you try pushing at the magicked door. The spells and reinforcement keep it from moving no matter how hard you try, the haunting aura seemed to drain your strength the harder you push. Seems like you'll need to use a spell to remove the seal before you can get the door open."

I have every item except the rainbow chicken, the rat, and the green thing on the parchment.