Titan

Relationships!

Hey guys. I'm proud to say that my boyfriend and I are still dating after almost 4 months :3 There's a trip in June to Germany that we were gonna go on together, however, it's a lot of money that neither of us have and we need to improve our German. A bunch of our friends were going to go on this trip as well, but they, too, decided to wait until next year. Anyway, he's being really sweet and such lately. Ever since we hit 3 months, he's been real sweet to me and less...awkward...I guess.

I move out in two weeks time, for three years. Here's hoping...or praying, if that's your thing.

So... uh... I have a girlfriend now.

I've been friends with her for about a year, and have had a bit of a crush on her. I had NO idea that it was mutual until today.

But I've never been in a relationship before and it feels so frikkin weird saying that I'm in one xd.png

I've successfully gotten rid of my stalker only for him to post lies and slander about me on facebook for the world to see. I threatened to sue the living daylights out of him AND that I'll tell his parents. He put them down but people are sending me anon hate messages. But oh well. I'll go through this. I refuse to back down.

*hugs* You'll get through it...I'd tell his parents any way no one should go through that.

*hugs* You'll get through it...I'd tell his parents any way no one should go through that.

Thanks. I was planning to do that, but I'm afraid that he'll go berserk and do something worse.

So I know I've posted a few times before about liking a guy, then not liking him anymore, and now I'm pretty sure I still like him.

I had really strong feelings...I was in love/still kind of am/ but lately I've been going through the same thing that has happened to me in the past, with the same guy. Here's the basic story in smaller font so it doesn't take up a bunch of space:

A couple years ago, we went out. It was meaningless. But I had liked him for a while and I wanted to go out with him so badly..finally I found out it was mutual. That was when I started to feel sick. Repulsed. I avoided him. Everything was awkward. We broke up.

Next year. He liked me, I wasn't sure about my feelings. Then I started to fall for him again...hard. I was so, so in love with him. And right after I became sure I liked him again, he got a girlfriend.

They lasted four months...about a month and a half ago, he broke up with her.

Now, over that four-month period, he and I got close. His girlfriend lived hundreds of miles away and didn't respond to his texts half the time, so he relied on me. Like I was his substitute girlfriend. Not that I minded, of course. When they broke up we were really good friends at that point and I decided it was safe to start dropping hints that I liked him. I flirted all the time. Sometimes, he flirted back. This all happened over text because, sadly, we have no classes together - just one, and we don't sit near each other or get to see each other at all in that one, except from across the room - but still, it was nice. Then I started to think "Maybe he likes me." But I didn't want to get my hopes up. During all this I kept up a story that I liked a guy, and I told him about it, all the while hinting that the guy I liked was him. He eventually caught on..

Well, one day, we were texting and he asked me if I thought he was handsome (something like that).

Here comes that horrible sick feeling again. I thought to myself "Nope, I can't do this." For some reason, it's all perfectly well when it's one-way. When I liked him and he didn't like me, I was excited for the possible relationship. When he started to like me back, I totally backed out.

He asked "How are things going with that guy you like? ;)" And believe me, by this point he knew the guy was him.

And I did something stupid and said "Oh, I just like him as a friend."

That was about a month ago...and for a couple of weeks I have been regretting it. But I haven't talked to him, texted him, or made eye contact with him in a month. And through all this he has probably given up on me. But I think I want him back...and if I told him I liked him, we would most likely end up going out. All good, right?

Nope. Because I did some research and apparently it is a psychological thing. A fear of intimacy that stems from past experiences, which I can relate to. Parental problems. Friends abandoning me. etc. But anyway, I think I'll be all happy and "squee!" when he starts acting all cute and sweet, but honestly it just weirds me out. I feel constantly sick just thinking about it.

I like him. He's so funny and sweet and smart. But I fear that I won't be able to suck it up and say "yes" if he ever asks me out. D: What do I do?

On a similar note, if/when we go out (lol because we just have to <3 if i can stop being so stupid) I'm afraid of what people will think. He's not exactly super-hot. Or tall. Or muscled. I don't care but I know people will judge me - that's how they are. Also, everyone sees him as a little kid. Like a brother. Girls call him cute - like a puppy.

I'm going to be dating a puppy? Everyone's little brother? What? Me?

Gah. I'm so...shallow. Concerned about what people think.

Oh dang. I texted him earlier and I was all...apologetic. I said I was sorry for not talking to him that much and that things had been happening in my life..which is true. So much family crap. And he texted me back, rather bitterly, that he "gets it" and basically...well obviously I hurt his feelings.

Gosh dang, what do I do? :C

Edited by glamoursea2

So I know I've posted a few times before about liking a guy, then not liking him anymore, and now I'm pretty sure I still like him.

I had really strong feelings...I was in love/still kind of am/ but lately I've been going through the same thing that has happened to me in the past, with the same guy. Here's the basic story in smaller font so it doesn't take up a bunch of space:

A couple years ago, we went out. It was meaningless. But I had liked him for a while and I wanted to go out with him so badly..finally I found out it was mutual. That was when I started to feel sick. Repulsed. I avoided him. Everything was awkward. We broke up.

Next year. He liked me, I wasn't sure about my feelings. Then I started to fall for him again...hard. I was so, so in love with him. And right after I became sure I liked him again, he got a girlfriend.

Now, over that four-month period, he and I got close. His girlfriend lived hundreds of miles away and didn't respond to his texts half the time, so he relied on me. Like I was his substitute girlfriend. Not that I minded, of course. When they broke up we were really good friends at that point and I decided it was safe to start dropping hints that I liked him. I flirted all the time. Sometimes, he flirted back. This all happened over text because, sadly, we have no classes together - just one, and we don't sit near each other or get to see each other at all in that one, except from across the room - but still, it was nice. Then I started to think "Maybe he likes me." But I didn't want to get my hopes up. During all this I kept up a story that I liked a guy, and I told him about it, all the while hinting that the guy I liked was him. He eventually caught on..

Well, one day, we were texting and he asked me if I thought he was handsome (something like that).

Here comes that horrible sick feeling again. I thought to myself "Nope, I can't do this." For some reason, it's all perfectly well when it's one-way. When I liked him and he didn't like me, I was excited for the possible relationship. When he started to like me back, I totally backed out.

He asked "How are things going with that guy you like? wink.gif" And believe me, by this point he knew the guy was him.

That was about a month ago...and for a couple of weeks I have been regretting it. But I haven't talked to him, texted him, or made eye contact with him in a month. And through all this he has probably given up on me. But I think I want him back...and if I told him I liked him, we would most likely end up going out. All good, right?

Nope. Because I did some research and apparently it is a psychological thing. A fear of intimacy that stems from past experiences, which I can relate to. Parental problems. Friends abandoning me. etc. But anyway, I think I'll be all happy and "squee!" when he starts acting all cute and sweet, but honestly it just weirds me out. I feel constantly sick just thinking about it.

I like him. He's so funny and sweet and smart. But I fear that I won't be able to suck it up and say "yes" if he ever asks me out. D: What do I do?

On a similar note, if/when we go out (lol because we just have to <3 if i can stop being so stupid) I'm afraid of what people will think. He's not exactly super-hot. Or tall. Or muscled. I don't care but I know people will judge me - that's how they are. Also, everyone sees him as a little kid. Like a brother. Girls call him cute - like a puppy.

Oh dang. I texted him earlier and I was all...apologetic. I said I was sorry for not talking to him that much and that things had been happening in my life..which is true. So much family crap. And he texted me back, rather bitterly, that he "gets it" and basically...well obviously I hurt his feelings.

*Hugs* That seems rough. D: I wish I knew how to help. :c

But , about the whole "puppy" thing, I don't think people will think it's weird you're dating if you end up going out. I was elected as the "teddy bear" in my grade, and when people thought I was going out with a friend of mine <which I wasn't-girls are icky wink.gif > they didn't judge. People treat me like a little brother but they didn't think itnwas weird I (allegedly) dated.

I don't know a lot about this stuff, but I'm sappy, so I'd say to tell him how you feel. Hopefully he'll understand, and bottling things up is hell. I had a crush on this guy for well over a year, and I really wish I had told him something, even though I knew he was straight.

{Please ignore the typos, my keyboard is being stupid D:)

Edited by satyr76

He asked "How are things going with that guy you like? wink.gif" And believe me, by this point he knew the guy was him.

Call him don't text and level. Tell him what has been going on in your family. Then tell him (its gonna be hard, but I leveled with my boyfriend why I was afraid of hands being on my back and other reasons), and tell him about how you're afraid you'll get close and abandon you. When you level with people he can make the choice to stick by and wait for you to be more comfortable to take the plunge, or if he knows he can't do that he can level with you.

Its gonna hurt, its gonna hurt like censorkip.gif but it helps you both put it in perspective.

Also I'd see at least the school counsler about this if you can't get to another one. It helps, and it may be the thing you need to get over this hurddle. Hang in there.

Oh and after the conversation gorge on chocolate, take a hot shower go to sleep, then get up and do stuff the next day. It will help. *internet hugs*

Lol you guys <3

@ satyr67

Yeah, the whole thing is I'm not afraid to admit that I do care what people think of me, and what they'll think of me when they see that I'm going out with the class's 'puppy', haha.

I totally would tell him how I feel...but first we have to make that journey back to friends who talk on a daily basis..again DX

Bleh. And I never get to see him in person. We don't even see each other between classes. >.<

@ brairtrainer

Gorging on chocolate sounds good right now..

It's so strange but I've pretty much diagnosed myself with this fear of intimacy. I used to think I wanted that really sweet, romantic relationship, all hugging and holding hands and stuff, but the closer I get to even taking that step the more I want to turn around and run.

It's very weird. Like I didn't know myself before now.

I used to be scared about people judging me and censorkip.gif too, but I realized that I wanted to live my life the way I chose, not other people.And honestly, dating the class puppy isn't much cause for judgement in my experience. Even with other people who were looked at like little siblings, I only heard people that thought e couples were adorable. |D

And like briar said, you have to let him know what you're comfortable with. If you don't see him much irl, you may want to make an effort to, as things like that seem to be better to talk about than text about.

Bu right now, I'm sure things are confusing, but they'll clear up soon, and you'll hopefully know what you want to do. <3

@glamoarsea sometimes the things we want the most, scare us the most. What if it isn't the way I envision it? What if today's the day I get bucked off? If we waste time worrying and not doing we don't live a very fulfilling life, and you need to tell him before you talk to him every day, or he'll think you're stringing him along for fun and cutting him lose when you get too close, or he'll just call it quits because you aren't intrested. You need to call and level. Tonight or tomorrow, and give yourself permission to cry, eat chocolate and watch what ever you want if it goes badly.

I'm rooting for you.

I always used to be very annoyed by people who stay in abusive relationships, but I'm starting to realize that I'm one of those people. I've been on and off with this girl for two and a half years now...she's not very nice to me, when we fight she always makes it so it's my fault and she's very harmful to my self esteem. She puts me down a lot.

But I keep returning to her.

People tell me it's because she was my first relationship, I haven't dated anyone outside of her before. But I think that's because she keeps initiating relationships. I keep getting dragged back into it because I can't subdue my feelings. Even though she's so very emotionally abusive. And even though I always end up heartbroken, this is the third time she's broken up with me.

I could use some advice on getting away. She wants to stay friends and I don't want to lose her entirely, but I fear that I'll just end up back with her and end up heartbroken a fourth time.

But I don't know how to move on....

It's not that people just don't want to leave abusive relationships. It's that the abuser does a very good job of abuse. They make it so the other person is dependent on them - financially, emotionally, physically, whatever. The victim doesn't know how to leave, as you are now discovering.

As for getting away - do you have a good support system? Friends and family who will help you out, help keep her away from you, and help keep you from going back? If not, can you talk to a guidance counselor at school or heck even at someone from someplace like Planned Parenthood? This makes it a lot nicer to leave a relationship like that.

Also, you may not want to lose them completely, but if they're not healthy for you, why shouldn't you leave them completely? If you never completely leave them, especially when you're still struggling with realizing you can function without them and can get away from them, it's likely you'll never leave. 3=

In your case, I would also try calling a local helpline for this kind of thing. They can be great support and have some great advice. http://www.thehotline.org/ The site itself has some great tips even if you don't want to call in.

*huggles*

So my friend and I used to like each other, but nothing happened, we just mutally liked each other, lol. We both claim we don't like each other anymore, but I'm not exactly sure how I feel about him...

Now, since school has started, he's been.... distant. We are in the same homeroom, like last year, but he like never talks to me. Last year, he'd talk to me whenever possible. Now, I have to use my math homework as an excuse just to get him to talk to me for a few minutes.

I just don't know what to do... I want what we used to have back... Maybe more, but I don't know how to fix it....

Edited by Erica8798

It's not that people just don't want to leave abusive relationships. It's that the abuser does a very good job of abuse. They make it so the other person is dependent on them - financially, emotionally, physically, whatever. The victim doesn't know how to leave, as you are now discovering.

As for getting away - do you have a good support system? Friends and family who will help you out, help keep her away from you, and help keep you from going back? If not, can you talk to a guidance counselor at school or heck even at someone from someplace like Planned Parenthood? This makes it a lot nicer to leave a relationship like that.

Also, you may not want to lose them completely, but if they're not healthy for you, why shouldn't you leave them completely? If you never completely leave them, especially when you're still struggling with realizing you can function without them and can get away from them, it's likely you'll never leave. 3=

In your case, I would also try calling a local helpline for this kind of thing. They can be great support and have some great advice. http://www.thehotline.org/ The site itself has some great tips even if you don't want to call in.

*huggles*

I have indeed come to the conclusion that befriending her isn't a good idea, considering she is harmful for me. But I'm still finding it so hard to break away. I feel very dependent on her, and that's not really like me at all. I've always been a clingy soul, but not quite to this point...

I do have supportive family with this, I actually feel better having gone to visit them this past weekend. But a counselor would be even better since they'd be close here on campus, I hadn't really thought of that.

And thanks so much for the site, it actually helped a lot too. smile.gif

So my friend and I used to like each other, but nothing happened, we just mutally liked each other, lol. We both claim we don't like each other anymore, but I'm not exactly sure how I feel about him...

Now, since school has started, he's been.... distant. We are in the same homeroom, like last year, but he like never talks to me. Last year, he'd talk to me whenever possible. Now, I have to use my math homework as an excuse just to get him to talk to me for a few minutes.

I just don't know what to do... I want what we used to have back... Maybe more, but I don't know how to fix it....

Maybe he senses that you guys don't feel the same way about each other and he thinks avoiding you will help? Or maybe he's just doing it unconsciously; try talking to him about it... I don't know him, though, so I don't really know what will work with him :P

I have indeed come to the conclusion that befriending her isn't a good idea, considering she is harmful for me. But I'm still finding it so hard to break away. I feel very dependent on her, and that's not really like me at all. I've always been a clingy soul, but not quite to this point...

I do have supportive family with this, I actually feel better having gone to visit them this past weekend. But a counselor would be even better since they'd be close here on campus, I hadn't really thought of that.

And thanks so much for the site, it actually helped a lot too. smile.gif

Glad I helped at least a little. <3

The first step is the hardest. If you can just manage that, I'm sure you can manage the rest!

Oops, I accidentally deleted my other post, instead of editing. I wasn't paying attention xP

Maybe he senses that you guys don't feel the same way about each other and he thinks avoiding you will help? Or maybe he's just doing it unconsciously; try talking to him about it... I don't know him, though, so I don't really know what will work with him tongue.gif

I'll continue from what I said in July, so you know more about what has happened.

So I've been friends with this guy since like September/October, we were in the same homeroom so we talked every day... About a month and a half ago I started liking him ( he's the first guy I've ever liked >_> ). We have so much in common, we both like dragons( sadly I cannot convince him to join Dragcave Dx ), we play Minecraft with each other a lot and voice chat while we're playing, we text like ALL the time, and we're both really short(not that that has to do with anything lol) And other stuff I'm too tired to think of right now...

Anyways, last Sunday I sent him this super-long message telling him I liked him and stuff... We had a long conversation after that, and I was saying how I was sorry for telling him cause it probably made him feel awkward, and by his previous reactions, it seemed like he didn't like me back. He said "No I like you. Not as much as you like me." That statement made me really confused.

I finally asked him last night what he meant by that(I couldn't ask him before then, as he just got home from Mexico) and he said he does like me.( I was totally shocked, I never thought anyone would like me xd.png ) Then later into the conversation, he said "I'm okay with going out. If that's what you want."

So, after that conversation, we still talked all the time on Skype. It was the same as it was, nothing really changed, or at least it didn't for me. Then, in August, he started being...... different. He never talked to me, and always ignored me. He would get mad at me for texting him, and I had no idea why. One time, he even told me he didn't want to be my friend anymore. He made me cry 3-4 times. Finally, after his friends were teasing him about me on Minecraft, he told me he didn't like me anymore. I had kid of stopped liking him, too, and I told him so.

Then, school started. We are in the same homeroom again, so obviously I would attempt to talk to him. I wanted homeroom to be the same as last year, us talking all the time. But nope. On the first day of school, homeroom lasted for over an hour. I kept trying to talk to him, but he kept walking away, so I'd follow him and continue talking to him. I had no idea what he was doing. After school, I texted him asking why he was acting like that, and he said I was annoying him. I had no idea what I did wrong, so I got mad and didn't talk to him the next day. Pretty much the same thing has happened several times since the beginning of school(September 5th).

Now, we are talking, but it's not as much. Nor does he seem as comfortable around me as he did. He only talks to me in homeroom, as opposed to last year when he'd talk to me whenever possible: in the hall, before class, while I'm packing up, going to lunch, etc. He'd even sometimes talk to me during lunch.

I try talking to him about it, but he never wants to and always responds with one-word answers like "k" or "Idk".

I don't know what to do ;___; I miss what it used to be and I want it to be like that again, but I need to figure out how to get him to stop acting so.... strange.

Edit for stupid typos

Edited by Erica8798

Oops, I accidentally deleted my other post, instead of editing. I wasn't paying attention xP

I'll continue from what I said in July, so you know more about what has happened.

So, after that conversation, we still talked all the time on Skype. It was the same as it was, nothing really changed, or at least it didn't for me. Then, in August, he started being...... different. He never talked to me, and always ignored me. He would get mad at me for texting him, and I had no idea why. One time, he even told me he didn't want to be my friend anymore. He made me cry 3-4 times. Finally, after his friends were teasing him about me on Minecraft, he told me he didn't like me anymore. I had kid of stopped liking him, too, and I told him so.

Then, school started. We are in the same homeroom again, so obviously I would attempt to talk to him. I wanted homeroom to be the same as last year, us talking all the time. But nope. On the first day of school, homeroom lasted for over an hour. I kept trying to talk to him, but he kept walking away, so I'd follow him and continue talking to him. I had no idea what he was doing. After school, I texted him asking why he was acting like that, and he said I was annoying him. I had no idea what I did wrong, so I got mad and didn't talk to him the next day. Pretty much the same thing has happened several times since the beginning of school(September 5th).

Now, we are talking, but it's not as much. Nor does he seem as comfortable around me as he did. He only talks to me in homeroom, as opposed to last year when he'd talk to me whenever possible: in the hall, before class, while I'm packing up, going to lunch, etc. He'd even sometimes talk to me during lunch.

I try talking to him about it, but he never wants to and always responds with one-word answers like "k" or "Idk".

I don't know what to do ;___; I miss what it used to be and I want it to be like that again, but I need to figure out how to get him to stop acting so.... strange.

Edit for stupid typos

I don't know that there's really much to be done with it at this point. If he's just decided to be a censorkip.gif*bag, you may just have to let it go. I had a girl that I was chasing after for awhile, we went out once, I picked her up, met her mom and everything. It was going well, and then one day she just stopped talking to me. No texts, calls, nothing. I still don't know what happened. Sounds sort of like that. Doesn't sound like you really did anything, he's just gone on for whatever reason. Best thing to do, in my opinion, would be to try not to pursue him too much, and if he decides he wants to talk later, then don't hold a grudge and ease back into being close again.

You females out there. Lend a bro a hand here. If you were really close friends with a guy, and he had strong feelings for you, would you want him to tell you, even if you didn't feel the same way? Or would you be upset that he told you because it made the friendship awkward? I mean, I'm talking we're REALLY close... going on several years of building a friendship on a very deep, personal level.

Edit for stupid typos

[/color][/color]

If it were me, I would stop talking to him and pursuing him. He has told you he doesn't want to be your friend and he has made you cry on several occasions. He told you he doesn't like you, and you admit you don't even like him anymore. He is definitely not interested, or he has issues that he needs to deal with and fix all by himself.

Definitely let him go. I think you are holding onto a relationship out of nostalgia, but that relationship will never return to what it used to be.

You females out there. Lend a bro a hand here. If you were really close friends with a guy, and he had strong feelings for you, would you want him to tell you, even if you didn't feel the same way? Or would you be upset that he told you because it made the friendship awkward? I mean, I'm talking we're REALLY close... going on several years of building a friendship on a very deep, personal level.

I would, but that's just me. I've had several male friends that expressed romantic interest in me and it never became awkward or ruined the friendship. But it did make me pay more attention to any false romantic signals I may have been unintentionally giving off.

I think most of the time, unless the girl is totally and completely oblivious to everything, she probably already knows that you like her as more than a friend by now.

From my own personal experience, I can say that I would hate it if one of my male friends told me that he had romantic feelings for me. That would definitely make being around him uncomfortable, and if I was in that situation, I'd just avoid him afterwards. I tend to feel uncomfortable if I know that someone has a crush on me and I don't like them back, so being told that by the person in question would just make me really stressed out. Also if he knew that I didn't like him back, I would feel angry that he felt the need to even put me in that situation when he knew I wouldn't reciprocate his feelings.

Of course I can only speak for myself, and I can't promise that this is useful to you at all. It really depends on your friend and her personality.

If it were me, I would stop talking to him and pursuing him. He has told you he doesn't want to be your friend and he has made you cry on several occasions. He told you he doesn't like you, and you admit you don't even like him anymore. He is definitely not interested, or he has issues that he needs to deal with and fix all by himself.

Definitely let him go. I think you are holding onto a relationship out of nostalgia, but that relationship will never return to what it used to be.

After he said he didn't want to be my friend, he said he didn't mean it, he was just mad about something else. But a small part of me feels like he meant it... But if he did, he wouldn't still come over and talk to me in homeroom. He's said other stuff like that (I can't remember exactly what), but afterwards, he always said he didn't mean it. >__<

I.... I just can't let him go. How do you let someone go after being such good friends for a year?

I think I would want him to tell me, if he were that close of a friend. Well, I haven't had a whole lot of experience with these things, but I can say that me and my close guy friend have had on-and-off feelings for each other that, at times, made things awkward but we always recovered quickly and still talk on a regular basis. If it were someone I did not know as well, things might be awkward, but I know I'd eventually get over it. I wouldn't want to lose a friend over something like that.

Buuut that's just me.