Titan

Relationships!

LDR or relationships with busy people are hard ... -snipped-

Thank you for the thorough input and advice.

1. This is a good idea, and I'll think about trying it out. Neither of us are really "phone people" though but it's worth a shot.

2. There aren't really a lot of popular attractions in the area that I live, mostly just stores and stuff. However, the area she lives in, around 15 minutes away has more stuff, but I'm not really kept updated about things that are going on there, because I live right off the border of that city so I never hear about events and such. Also a lot of the things she's busy with have to do with her family, and she has a lot of extended family that lives nearby, so the things she does are usually family-oriented and it would be a bit awkward to hang around with her cousins and uncles and aunts but I suppose it's worth a shot.

3. I actually really like this idea and I'll try it out when I get the chance.

4. I'd consider myself a visual/touch person, which is also why I don't like texting and don't really feel a connection when I do it. That's mostly the reason I'm having an issue with this whole deal, but I plan on seeing if there are any near future opportunities for us to meet up. I really don't want our relationship to end since she has a lot of similar interests and is basically my current view of the "perfect girl." However if things still don't start working in a way that I can work with and be happy with, I know that it's probably best to end it, because it wouldn't be fair to me or to her to stretch it out.

I've been together with my boyfriend Robin in 2 years now smile.gif He lives 9 hours from me..He's one year younger than me (he's born -98 and I'm born -97). I'm on traveling foot almost every 2-3 months, quite a hassle but those weeks I'm feeling so happy again and life seems so bright.

But this year haven't been so funny for Robin..

Our relationship haven't been so good lately..He's bipolar and are in his dark period...again..He's refusing all help and I'm feeling so ~Please censor the whole word~ useless.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Also a lot of the things she's busy with have to do with her family, and she has a lot of extended family that lives nearby, so the things she does are usually family-oriented and it would be a bit awkward to hang around with her cousins and uncles and aunts but I suppose it's worth a shot.

Look at it this way, if you two stick together for a while you're going to be hanging out with her family eventually anyways. It's worth a shot to try to get to know them as people, not just as your girlfriend's family. Also, have you considered chatting with skype? I hate long phone conversations, but skyping wasn't as awful when I lived 9 hours from my dearest.

@Dragonclaw

It isn't your fault if he won't accept help. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk to someone.

I feel that long distance can really prove wether a relationship will work or not. I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year now and I still feel the same way I always have about him.

Now consider that we live on opposite sides of the country and the train fare is £30 per date xd.png

We skype every day, completely in love and worth paying out for.

5. If these things don't work, or are not viable then let the relationship go. Your girlfriend is not in a place to offer you what you need in a relationship if you have one right now.

This.

But my ex believes splitting up with me was amazing. So that's a load of my mind. I still love her deeply, but the blunt truth is that I shouldn't have ever gone down that road. Five years together and she still couldn't even grasp the concept that I was religious kinda shows how bad the relationship was.

Oh well. Life and love.

I'm 16 years old and yesterday my first girlfriend ever broke up with me after 4 months. It wasn't necessarily a bad break up. She broke up with me because she had a lot going on and was trying to figure out her life and she just wasn't in any place to have a relationship and give it her full effort. She said that she wanted to try to stay friends and that maybe it would work out some day. Her last words to me were "You're a great guy and don't let this discourage you."

But I am. I have never cared about anyone outside of my family as much as I did about her and now it's over just like that. I don't know what to do and I've cried for the first time in 8 years and I'm crying while I type this and that probably makes me a loser. She was the first girl I really liked basically everything about. She was my dream girl. I shared all of my innermost feelings and thoughts with her and I don't think I'll ever be able to do that with anyone ever again and I'm just not sure what to do now. I feel horrible and I feel like crying every time I think about what happened and it's always on my mind. I'm angry and sad and just a mess and I don't know what to do to get through this.

First: Crying does *not* make you a loser. Most definitely not. Especially where matters of the heart are concerned.

First breakups are, imo, among the hardest breakups a person will ever endure simply because there's no experience to fall back on. No "okay, I've gone through this before and I know it turns out alright". No idea of how to deal with it because you've never *had* to deal with it before. And you know what? Every single person on this earth has, or will, go through that "first breakup". So no matter how it makes you feel, know that you certainly aren't alone.

It takes time. I know that's an annoying thing to hear, but it's true. It's like any big change, it will take time to get over, time to move on, time to be able to picture yourself with anyone else. Right now you don't think you'll ever be able to have that closeness and openness again.... But that won't last forever. Your heart will mend, little by little, and someday you'll find it easier to think of someone else, to think of being with someone who isn't her.

I have to say, though, it sounds like she was very mature about it. Admitting that she doesn't have the time for a relationship is showing that she cares about you and cares about not hurting you, not leading you on. That's definitely a good thing for your potential friendship.

Ok theres this guy who makes me jittery, Byron. He was my guyfriend, I'm kinda upset how he ditched me for this lowlife piece of trash in the year above, Maddi, I hate her soo much. (EVERYONE hates her)

Maddi 'Could you walk any slower?'

I hit my bag against her bag, she throws the first punch, I block it (Maddi is TINY considering I do Shotput and swimming)

and I win by kicking her for self defence... ANYWAY back to the point,

I need help winning Byron back, he was adorable and now he treats me like censorkip.gif! I was so upset when he became friends with Maddi as she turned him against me downhill!

So should I keep trying for Byron... Or give up since that fishload of carp brainwashed him...

Ok theres this guy who makes me jittery, Byron. He was my guyfriend, I'm kinda upset how he ditched me for this lowlife piece of trash in the year above, Maddi, I hate her soo much. (EVERYONE hates her)

Maddi 'Could you walk any slower?'

I hit my bag against her bag, she throws the first punch, I block it (Maddi is TINY considering I do Shotput and swimming)

and I win by kicking her for self defence... ANYWAY back to the point,

I need help winning Byron back, he was adorable and now he treats me like censorkip.gif! I was so upset when he became friends with Maddi as she turned him against me downhill!

So should I keep trying for Byron... Or give up since that fishload of carp brainwashed him...

Oh dear, I've never really come across a situation like this before. Maybe with friends but not with someone I especially liked in a more intimate way.

I want to say, give it a little time. Don't 'win' him back; that's certainly the wrong way to go if you're going to view him as some kind of 'prize.' Just keep being yourself but don't show open hatred for this other girl; it's how you get people to view you just as bad. Be the better person, smile and wave even if she says something nasty about you. Trust me, it will irritate her to no end and will make you appear like you don't care what she thinks. Eventually, she'll even leave you alone when she learns that she'll not get an angry response from you.

Again, don't view Byron as a prize to be won; he's a human being who makes mistakes just like you, myself, and everyone else. Just continue going about your days as you normally would. If he's a smart enough boy, he'll come back on his own and stop letting Maddi manipulate him. If he doesn't, then don't waste any more of your time hoping he does because you'll only end up disappointing yourself. True friends treat their friends as they should and the right friends always know who their true friends are.

---

Now, I'm not having any real sort of relationship troubles. I've got a good bond with my family (although we do have our tension but that's expected) and I've never been one to have a large group of friends (being around a large number of people always makes me nervous). Finally, the loving, fun, and friendly relationship I have with my boyfriend of almost 3 years now is strong enough to overcome any obstacle tossed at us.

However, my heart is troubled. My best friend of over four years now hasn't been talking to me since... maybe five or six months ago. For about a year since we graduated (2012), he's lived with me and my family since his family moved to a different and he had already enrolled in college in our state. He's just recently moved out to live with roommates in another part of the town about three or four weeks ago. When he lived with us, he was constantly gone from the house and spending the night at his boyfriend's house (who graduated 2013) mostly or spending the night at another friend's.

I know that he's never been one to sit long enough to just stay at home unlike myself but, it always hurt when he'd go out and not return without much word for almost a week when college classes were done for a term. It hurt mostly because he went out to hang out downtown without ever asking me if I wanted to come along except twice and both times I had work in a couple hours.

What hurts me most, though, is that he doesn't talk to me anymore and when I text him, I only get a single reply 2 out of 10 times. Additionally (and I know this is stupid), before he moved out, I listened to him talk about another guy being his best friend. I didn't make any response to the comment because I figured it's okay to have more than one best friend. But it still hurt me because he's my only best friend, so much like a brother to me, and it brings doubt to my mind whether or not I'm still his best friend in turn. Before, I was certain that I was and he always labeled me as his best friend and older sister. Now, I question things and it always hurts.

He's my only friend (outside my boyfriend) that I really talk to since meeting him more than four years ago. Should I accept that he might not be a friend anymore 'because we just stopped talking?' Or is there something I might be missing?

Narvix - it's entirely possible that he regards you as his sister, more than just as his friend. *Especially* if he's been living with you guys. And sibling relationships aren't strictly the same as friendships.

Funnily enough I actually have a *very* similar relationship with my closest friend. It's sometimes been months between the times we see each other (especially if he's got a new girl on the scene - talk about difficult to get hold of!). But the thing is every time we do see each other, nothing has changed. And I know that if he ever needs someone - a shoulder to cry on, emotional support, totally insane schemes he needs help with - it's me he'll call. Why? Because we're brothers. We'll actually introduce each other as such.

So try not to sweat it. If, as I suspect, he sees you as family, then no amount of time or distance will change things between you. Maybe organise a big family dinner on a Sunday or something, and invite him to join you.

I'm 16 years old and yesterday my first girlfriend ever broke up with me after 4 months. It wasn't necessarily a bad break up. She broke up with me because she had a lot going on and was trying to figure out her life and she just wasn't in any place to have a relationship and give it her full effort. She said that she wanted to try to stay friends and that maybe it would work out some day. Her last words to me were "You're a great guy and don't let this discourage you."

But I am. I have never cared about anyone outside of my family as much as I did about her and now it's over just like that. I don't know what to do and I've cried for the first time in 8 years and I'm crying while I type this and that probably makes me a loser. She was the first girl I really liked basically everything about. She was my dream girl. I shared all of my innermost feelings and thoughts with her and I don't think I'll ever be able to do that with anyone ever again and I'm just not sure what to do now. I feel horrible and I feel like crying every time I think about what happened and it's always on my mind. I'm angry and sad and just a mess and I don't know what to do to get through this.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out sad.gif.

Honestly I may be late with this advice but: give yourself permission to cry, then tell yourself to get out there and do something new or something you haven't done in a while. When you're confidant and focused on other things finding romance is easier (and hopefully when you come to a place where you're ready and no longer morning your relationship) it will be much more satisfying.

Hang in there.

~brair

Narvix - it's entirely possible that he regards you as his sister, more than just as his friend. *Especially* if he's been living with you guys. And sibling relationships aren't strictly the same as friendships.

Funnily enough I actually have a *very* similar relationship with my closest friend. It's sometimes been months between the times we see each other (especially if he's got a new girl on the scene - talk about difficult to get hold of!). But the thing is every time we do see each other, nothing has changed. And I know that if he ever needs someone - a shoulder to cry on, emotional support, totally insane schemes he needs help with - it's me he'll call. Why? Because we're brothers. We'll actually introduce each other as such.

So try not to sweat it. If, as I suspect, he sees you as family, then no amount of time or distance will change things between you. Maybe organise a big family dinner on a Sunday or something, and invite him to join you.

Thing is, seeing him after an amount of time isn't what's really troubling me. What's troubling me (and I've mentioned this; probably confused you though and I'm sorry if it did) is the fact that he doesn't talk to me anymore. He hasn't partaken in any real conversation with me for a handful of months now. The only times that he had before he moved out was only at the dinner table with the rest of the family or if we were talking about Yu-Gi-Oh while dueling.

Sometimes he will talk but minimally. Additionally, I always know when something is wrong or on his mind but, when I ask, he no longer tells me what's on his mind. It's as if he's shut the door between us and locked it so I can't get in. It makes me feel like I'm not even seen as his sister anymore. It pains me and I hate having that kind of thought because, in at least a minimal way, I know there's still part of his thoughts and feelings that regard me as his older sister. I just don't understand why he's acting as if he no longer really wants me in his life because he doesn't talk to me. I've tried approaching him instead but that doesn't work because he doesn't respond to me.

I mean to win him off the friendship with Maddi, not viewing him as a prize.

Thanks, but I can't do that, I'll try. But I really like Lisa, I'm afraid to lose her because If I show any kindness to Maddi, Lisa will be like, oh gosh why you friends with Maddi the censorkip.gif*... Everyone hates Maddi. So I'd turn into THE bad person in the situation if I show her a flicker of kindness. I try to get Byron to see this and who threw the first punch. But everytime he sees me, he frowns and says something rude. I don't think shes his friend, but it looks like hes crushing on her. Ugh shes ugly in both ways. He put his arm around her asking if shes ok when the fight happened. That tore me apart, when I got home, I absolutely bawled my eyes out. How could he give in >:c

Can you help that?

I mean to win him off the friendship with Maddi, not viewing him as a prize.

Thanks, but I can't do that, I'll try. But I really like Lisa, I'm afraid to lose her because If I show any kindness to Maddi, Lisa will be like, oh gosh why you friends with Maddi the censorkip.gif*... Everyone hates Maddi. So I'd turn into THE bad person in the situation if I show her a flicker of kindness. I try to get Byron to see this and who threw the first punch. But everytime he sees me, he frowns and says something rude. I don't think shes his friend, but it looks like hes crushing on her. Ugh shes ugly in both ways. He put his arm around her asking if shes ok when the fight happened. That tore me apart, when I got home, I absolutely bawled my eyes out. How could he give in >:c

Can you help that?

Remember the lesson "two wrongs don't make a right." Trust me, because she sounds like an average female bully, she's only trying to get a rise from you. So, you don't necessarily have to be polite to her, just don't be nasty in return. You can simply even just ignore her. Just because you're kind to someone doesn't mean you're automatically their friend. You're not turning your back on Lisa or anyone else, you're just being the better person. It'll throw Maddi off her game and she'll leave you alone once she realizes she can't do anything to affect you. Similarly, not being nasty to Maddi will hopefully have Byron seeing you in a better light again. However, if he doesn't come to the right side of things after time, then you know that he wasn't the right person to fall for. It shows you that he cares more for appearance than for heart and that's not the kind of person you want to be with. Just don't expect him to switch gears immediately upon the first day. Give it time and see what happens.

EDIT: Rereading, I realize you never specified that she was a bully; just stated that everyone hated her. Why do people hate her?

Edited by Narvix

Shes not a bully shes just REALLY rude. I'll try being nice to Maddi but if she retaliates badly, forget it, I just say to Byron 'Be friends with Maddi but that shouldn't have stopped our friendship.'

Maddi is rude to everyone. Simply nobody likes her.

(my edits not working o.O?)

I was nice to maddi and said 'Lets stop this madness, lets be nice to each other, we don't have to be friends but we have to play nice.'

We shook hands and she agreed.

That was yesterday, I didn't see Byron all day except for when I arrived at school. He frowned at me :| I think hes a no hoper...(I mean I shouldn't hope on being his gf)

BUT I found out by maddi, he was gonna ask me out ohmy.gif But stupid me, APPARENTLY told him off for trying to get back with his ex. This is what I said 'Never get back with your ex, its a reaaally bad idea.' And stuff similar to that. Maybe it was my tone of voice, I was worried he never liked me, and it'd ruin my chance to be his gf :c Maddi never manipulated him into hating me... I apologised to her by thinking that.

So how can I be 'nicer' to Byron?

...Well, I've had a crush on this kid in my grade since, like, fourth grade. But to the extent of my knowledge, he had a crush on one of my best friends, and then another. The first girl, my friend Phoebe, got a boyfriend, but that crashed and burned (haha I'm so frank c:). He then started to like my friend Madeleine. But now she's going to a different school, but in my school now the two of us are on different teams. And, Phoebe is on the same team as him and they have classes together.

I've only told a few of my friends irl about this whole thing, and now they never let me live it down (xd.png), or they just honestly have no words of support, because at one point most of them have felt the same way and didn't know what to do about it.

Augh, I'm just so crazy about it, but I'd never have the guts to tell him face to face.

...There you have it.

Thank you for the advice and support Brair and Marie, I really appreciate it.

Right now I'm just kind of confused. The first and second days after she broke up with me I was sad and crying, but now on the third day I just don't really feel anything; I'm just completely emotionless and it's kind of hard to focus on thoughts and stuff.

The things that are bothering me the most about this whole situation is that I keep thinking that out of everything that was going on in her life, I was the one thing that could be kicked out of it and that really hurts. I know that that might not necessarily be true, but I can't help but feel that way. And then there's the fact that Homecoming is in two weeks and this was the one time I actually had a potential date and now that's just gone so I have nothing really to look forward to in the near future.

I've also decided to keep a daily log of all of my emotions (or lack of) just to see if it helps me accept what happened by putting it into words. And just maybe my log will help me out in the future or help out someone else, even though I'm sure this has already been studied immensely.

Now i have an issue with a guy i really like, he's a lot like me which isn't common at all.. I have no idea if he actually likes me either though, because he is like me and i don't show it very well.. i can't tell blink.gif

i have such good luck huh? xd.png

Anyone want to offer any help for me?

Wow this was a while ago.. i found it while looking for another old post in the "general discussions" section.

just wanted to say that we ended up together and have been together nearing nine months now.

I also wanted to say that anything can happen.. I'm also a lot different(maturity wise) then i was just a year ago.. Learn. You'll find someone. I needed to say this, i'm living proof that it can happen.. Though nine months may not be a super long time, and anything can happen, it's hard to understand for other people that it's possible to love for a long time. I hope with everything that this lasts, and i know it has in the past for others.

Thank you for the advice and support Brair and Marie, I really appreciate it.

Right now I'm just kind of confused. The first and second days after she broke up with me I was sad and crying, but now on the third day I just don't really feel anything; I'm just completely emotionless and it's kind of hard to focus on thoughts and stuff.

The things that are bothering me the most about this whole situation is that I keep thinking that out of everything that was going on in her life, I was the one thing that could be kicked out of it and that really hurts. I know that that might not necessarily be true, but I can't help but feel that way. And then there's the fact that Homecoming is in two weeks and this was the one time I actually had a potential date and now that's just gone so I have nothing really to look forward to in the near future.

I've also decided to keep a daily log of all of my emotions (or lack of) just to see if it helps me accept what happened by putting it into words. And just maybe my log will help me out in the future or help out someone else, even though I'm sure this has already been studied immensely.

It takes awhile to get over anyone, especially with dances and the push that you need to go with someone. If the lack of emotions seem linked to losing interest in things you loved I'd take not of it, but if there is a hobby you can distract yourself with do so.

Also (and this may only have worked for me but I had bad expirances at dances) give yourself permission to not go to homecoming. It will take some of the pressure off and may help you get back into the groove. Hang in there, it does get better with time <3

@Riverstar: My recomendation, if you know your friend isn't interested in him (or if they get together and then they break up and you give your friend time to grieve(reasonable)) just go up and talk, because honestly lots of guys are dense, and a guy who hung around and dated my friends was really attempting to work up the courage to ask me out. That's just my recomendation though, you have to let people know when you're interested.

Edited by brairtrainer

My love life, or a lack of one, has been really complicated. I've had to struggle with a lot of things getting in the way like diseases and stuff like that.

My experience with my first crush ended up being a complete disaster. I mean, I don't see how any relationship could end more badly than that. And the thought of it is like reliving a nightmare which is hard to believe was real. I don't know how I'm still alive. Anyway...

I guess I am with my "girlfriend" now. I use that word because there's a lack of terminology when it comes to this stuff. It's not really intimate or whatever, but that's the best I can explain it.

We met online and that's actually the way it's always been. There's a few thousand miles between us so it might stay this way for a while. About 2 months ago is when I realized that I cared about her more than just a friend. We know we love each other, (I probably love her more) but it's a work in progress. Both of us face similar problems in our lives. It's hard but it's a relief to know of someone who understands! I am different, and in my real life and on the internet people have been relentlessly cruel to my differences, my health, my life, my beliefs, but I don't have to be alone anymore. Even if this doesn't work out and I am friend-zoned I will still count this as a good thing for me. biggrin.gif

My love life, or a lack of one, has been really complicated. I've had to struggle with a lot of things getting in the way like diseases and stuff like that.

My experience with my first crush ended up being a complete disaster. I mean, I don't see how any relationship could end more badly than that. And the thought of it is like reliving a nightmare which is hard to believe was real. I don't know how I'm still alive. Anyway...

I guess I am with my "girlfriend" now. I use that word because there's a lack of terminology when it comes to this stuff. It's not really intimate or whatever, but that's the best I can explain it.

We met online and that's actually the way it's always been. There's a few thousand miles between us so it might stay this way for a while. About 2 months ago is when I realized that I cared about her more than just a friend. We know we love each other, (I probably love her more) but it's a work in progress. Both of us face similar problems in our lives. It's hard but it's a relief to know of someone who understands! I am different, and in my real life and on the internet people have been relentlessly cruel to my differences, my health, my life, my beliefs, but I don't have to be alone anymore. Even if this doesn't work out and I am friend-zoned I will still count this as a good thing for me. biggrin.gif

Are you me from the future? (Okay, my first crush didn't end that badly. And the distance isn't that much either. tongue.gif And I've liked the girl I liked for more than two months. And you're probably a lot older than me and- xd.png)

I have this girl, and I like her, a lot. I only know her over the internet. And it's a really painful thing. I feel like everything I do is completely inadequate. All I ever end up being to her is an ass. But, she always seems to look through me. She's about the only person I know who I feel sees me as me, and not as one of the twenty or so layers before me. And despite that she, reluctantly, admitted to liking me as a bit more than a friend, just once and very reluctantly, but she still did it.

I was honestly expecting her to just wait me out, I thought she probably figured I would get over it (because it's pretty transparent). Or, if I didn't get over it, she would just tell me off. (She couldn't friend-zone me, because we're already friends tongue.gif) But like I said, it hurts. Because even if she has feelings for me, they're nowhere near as strong as mine. I guess I just have to be patient, not like anything can come out of it at fifteen anyways.

Are you me from the future? (Okay, my first crush didn't end that badly. And the distance isn't that much either. tongue.gif And I've liked the girl I liked for more than two months. And you're probably a lot older than me and- xd.png)

I have this girl, and I like her, a lot. I only know her over the internet. And it's a really painful thing. I feel like everything I do is completely inadequate. All I ever end up being to her is an ass. But, she always seems to look through me. She's about the only person I know who I feel sees me as me, and not as one of the twenty or so layers before me. And despite that she, reluctantly, admitted to liking me as a bit more than a friend, just once and very reluctantly, but she still did it.

I was honestly expecting her to just wait me out, I thought she probably figured I would get over it (because it's pretty transparent). Or, if I didn't get over it, she would just tell me off. (She couldn't friend-zone me, because we're already friends tongue.gif) But like I said, it hurts. Because even if she has feelings for me, they're nowhere near as strong as mine. I guess I just have to be patient, not like anything can come out of it at fifteen anyways.

I wish you good luck. wink.gif

I've been intimidated too. After being hated my whole life it's unsettling to be accepted. So I have moments of panic, then ask her to make sure she doesn't hate me or think I'm weird or want me to go away. Then I can relax again.

It would probably be even worse except she is down on herself a lot. So we spend a lot of time encouraging each other. This way we need each other so it stays balanced. It's good because I don't have to be so self centered all the time, I can think about helping her in her troubles. I assume it's that way on her side too.

I like people who admit their flaws and struggles. Those who act like jerks and/or think they are perfect, even if they are attractive, just annoy me and I can't get along with them too well. Being "bad" isn't appealing to me. It really is what's on the inside that matters. biggrin.gif

Edited by evina

I wish you good luck. wink.gif

I've been intimidated too. After being hated my whole life it's unsettling to be accepted. So I have moments of panic, then ask her to make sure she doesn't hate me or think I'm weird or want me to go away. Then I can relax again.

It would probably be even worse except she is down on herself a lot. So we spend a lot of time encouraging each other. This way we need each other so it stays balanced. It's good because I don't have to be so self centered all the time, I can think about helping her in her troubles. I assume it's that way on her side too.

I like people who admit their flaws and struggles. Those who act like jerks and/or think they are perfect, even if they are attractive, just annoy me and I can't get along with them too well. Being "bad" isn't appealing to me. It really is what's on the inside that matters. biggrin.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Yeah, I do that a lot.

And I think this is where my big problem is. I am great at listening to people's problems, but for some reason I can't seem to listen to hers. I always seem to find some way to subconsciously change the subject elsewhere. I am doing better lately, I hope it's going well.

Verily agreed. (Now if only I could manage to fix some of my flaws rather than just admitting to them :/) biggrin.gif

I get slightly depressed whenever I think about love. I have had quite a few guys confess to me but I never like them back. The one guy I will have a crush on will never like me back. I'm 18 and have never been on a date. *sigh* I know I don't need to have a boyfriend but I would like to experience that kind of love.