Doctor Who Project

Doctor Who Project

What's the max number of characters we can have in a dragon's name?

What's the max number of characters we can have in a dragon's name?

32, I just tested. (:

Woo hoo! I just got my 2nd gen3 (taking CB as gen1) for my PB black project!

Just have to wait for it to grow up and then I can try for the last generation. biggrin.gif

Edit: the Black Alts have not been as cooperative. *sigh* - I think that's going to be a looonnngggg term project.

Edited by sidoney

I just got gifted out of the blue with a purple ridgewing hatchie so I have all the CB's I need. DC people are so generous. biggrin.gif

Thanks, Saloiq!

Well, my Terrae x Pink is at a standstill. I got all the way up to 3rd gen on the top half, but my very last CB pair keeps throwing me Terraes instead of the Pink I need >.<

On the other hand, I've got almost all the CBs I need for the Sunrise x Sunset lineage... and only need one more male Pink for the Pink x Magi. So that's good.

Edited by jerusha

That's a really good idea. I usually use a character count for mine but I like your idea too.

Thanks for the advice. I redid my quote from "The Wedding of River Song" and now everything fits. biggrin.gif

Ahh, so you'd need at least four dragons to fit that part of the quote. If it helps, what I do is paste the quote into a text editor and use this line of asterisks o's as a marker of how long a dragon name can be: (you can't post a line of *'s in the forums, heh)

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Then I can chop the quote up, see what I can fit on each line, and arrange the words until it looks nice. smile.gif

That's a really good idea. I usually use a character count for mine but I like your idea too.

They are both very helpful tips. smile.gif So I'm going to get a 4th gen PB, and then use these to shuffle the names, and get as much as I can to fit. I've got all bar one of the second gens I need, so I'm nearly there. Should be done soon. Yay!

Progress for my "Use the stabilisers" - quote: biggrin.gif

I have these two 3rd gen Fogs

http://dragcave.net/lineage/n7QRQ

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0e4DD

and bred this 3rd gen Hellfire just now

http://dragcave.net/lineage/gr9ht

Now I only have to wait another two days for him to grow up and like his mate. Hopefully they'll give me a Hellfire on the first try. biggrin.gif

I'll be (re-) breeding my Sunsets when I have room again. I'm stuffed with Hellfires, mostly for my pb lineage. I'm also catching CB Hellfires and I'm planning on doing the "Use the stabilisers" - quote with pb Hellfires also. xd.png

I've also decided on the breeds I'll be using for the quote from "The wedding of River Song" involving Horsedragons, Reds, Sunstones, Magi, Harvests and Pillows. I'd like to show you the little excel-spreadsheet that I made but I'm not good at these things nor do I know how to included it here. unsure.gif

I'd love to see it if you figure it out. biggrin.gif

*insert squeal here*. And my rebreeding after my latest Stone refusal is going well. As well as trying to rebreed a 2nd gen sibling I've also switched the 2nd gen pairs around. Hopefully one set will take.

Finally my last 3rd gen Ember! biggrin.gif I hope it doesn't take me as long to breed the 4th gen.

And I only need one more Skywing. Now if Autumns stopped hiding from me my week would be perfect.

Wiz, that character count is a great idea. Now I can stop counting the characters myself.

Edited by Raistlin24

Oh, your PB Embers look so great and I love the quote - I'll most definitely be asking to be put on the list when it's finished. smile.gif

As for my own breeding, I've finally managed to get all the 2nd gens for my Flamingo x Gray project and am a White 2nd gen away from gathering all for the White x Red project as well. My lucky streak ith the Pillows has come to a halt though, since my latest 2nd gens refused to give me an egg (*sigh* rebreeding, here I come dry.gif ). And because I'll have to rename most of them, I changed the quote - I hope that's ok (it won't happen again)? ^^' It's still from the same episode and is not taken, but I feel it suits the purpose of this lineage more (a homage to Troughton's coat ^^).

Because overall breeding's going quite well and I've gathered the 1st gens for all my projects, I'd also like to take on a new one with PB Purples (I didn't see them taken yet) with a quote from The Time Warrior.

In All My Travelling. wub.gif Finally! With refusals and no interests this one seems to have taken forever.

Updating my PPP in just a little while.

I'm also going to put the character count on the first page along with Zareni's ooo's. smile.gif

Great code and a lovely even gen (+ a Red to boot) - nice find indeed. smile.gif

And congrats Wiz, that looks absolutely lovely! <3

Edited by stagazer_7

An update my project got delayed a bit due to wrong gendering xd.png Will be breeding the replacementws soon! >.<

PB Pebbles (no Geodes). The Sixth Doctor

PB Terrae In All My Travelling

PB Albinos. Welcome You Are Unauthorised

@Wiz Uhuhuhhhh.... Looks like you have empty lists. xd.png May I please be put on them? I just can't hold back with collecting this lineage. laugh.gif

Btw.. my 1st one is almost finished too. I just need to unlock and try my 3rd gen pairs.... *^-^*

EDIT:

And we have a winner!

Completed:

4th gens: A lonely God

Breed: Balloon x Waterhorse

Episode: New Earth

Quote: One story says // that just before his death // the Face of Boe will impart // his greatest secret. // He will speak // those words // only to one like himself. // What does that mean? // It's just a story. // Tell me the rest. // It is said he will talk // to a wanderer, // to the man // without a home // a lonely god.

Progress: 8/8 CBs - 4/4 2nd gens - 2/2 3rd gens - 1/1 4th gen

My first completed project. *-* Feels good! Hope my Terraes will be more cooperative now. xd.png

Edited by Belisar

@Wiz: Congrats! I love these quotes and would request a sibling to your DW Pebbles, Terrae and Albinos. biggrin.gif

Same goes for you, Belisar.

My last 3rd gen HellfirexFog pair didn't give me an egg on the first try but at least no refusal. smile.gif

And now back to watching "The sound of drums". laugh.gif

@stagazer_7: added you. It's not finished yet, but there's a list already smile.gif

@Wiz: Congrats! I'd like to ask for a sibling to the Albinos and Terrae, please. And to the PB Balloons, too, if the list is open.

@Belisar: Congrats to you, too! I'd also like to ask for a sibling to yours.

I traded for a CB Autumn biggrin.gif If the dragons breed an egg then the Autumn part of my mirror seasonals will be finished (until winter). Now I only need to catch / trade for 3 more CB Autumns for the Autumn x Terrae lineage. And I caught the last Skywing I need. So now I have all the CB for 4 / 7 WIP.

Edited by Raistlin24

Thanks and sure, Felischia and Raistlin24. Added both of you. Any breed preference?

Updated my PPP a little. xd.png Slight change in the outfit. ^.~

Added everyone to requested lists. smile.gif Belisar and Felischia for the PB pebbles do want a pebble or would you be okay with a geode if they produce one?

I'm going to add my request for one of yours Belisar if the list is still open wink.gif

I had good luck with my Stones this week, so if this new 3rd behaves I'll have a breeding pair. biggrin.gif

@Raistlin24 Thank you very much! smile.gif

@Belisar Congrats! If the list is still open, I'd love to be added as well - this lineage is so pretty! <3

@Wiz Congratulations to you as well! If there's still room, could I be added to the Albino list? And I noticed the Harvest and Sunsong lists are open - can I be added to those too?

Edited by stagazer_7

Added smile.gif I've only just reopened the Sunsong list so aphroditesky will be offered the next egg as she is the last person from the old list. After that it will be back to PM's to everyone on the list.