Aurora-Silver

More Kill Slots, please.

Fully support raising kill limits, but fully oppose eliminating them. If the latter were to happen, you could theoretically build an army of Zombies in the course of one day, depending on how many dragons you started with.

What Pie said.

While this game isn't about limits, it is a game of limits (egg limit, total limit, time limits, stats limited by sickness, cooldowns, etc.), so I agree that it doesn't really make sense to just do away with kill slots all together.

I want generally increased kill slots but the idea to increase them specially for Halloween is kind of intriguing.

+1 support because the cooldown is unnecessarily long IMO. Whether we get more kills or the chances of getting an undead dragon is increased, I'm fine with either.

Edited by Booo

Does *Want moar Zombies* need some type of fancy justification?  tongue.gif

I have 2 kill slots because I have 3 zombies. For those of us that like to have one of each gender/stage frozen, it would be nice to have a few extra. Especially since you can't recover them once you have a zombie.

Wait....Zombies forever take up a kill slot?? D:

I had no idea! This totally ruins a lineage I was wanting to make with Zombies at the base sad.gif

I don't think we should increase the amount of kills but I DO think Zombies should not take up a kill slot! Should only be for the normal two weeks!

Going to make this a new suggestion because that's just crazy, especially after the zombie update where their are lots of different kinds now.

Edited by maylin

Wait....Zombies forever take up a kill slot?? D:

I had no idea! This totally ruins a lineage I was wanting to make with Zombies at the base sad.gif

I don't think we should increase the amount of kills but I DO think Zombies should not take up a kill slot! Should only be for the normal two weeks!

Going to make this a new suggestion because that's just crazy, especially after the zombie update where their are lots of different kinds now.

Don't make that a suggestion; that comment is very old, from 2011. Back then, zombies *did* take up a kill slot. They don't anymore. TJ changed it... what, a year ago? Two years? I don't remember anymore, but sometime in the last five years for sure. I have three zombies, and all five of my kill slots are open for whenever I decide to create more zombies.

Considering the number of different looking zombies, TJ would probably have a riot on his hands if he only let us create five of them. I believe the rule was instituted back then so that people wouldn't kill tons and tons of dragons trying to get a ridiculous number of zombies, but it no longer makes sense to have that as a rule. Thankfully, TJ realized that.

Don't make that a suggestion; that comment is very old, from 2011. Back then, zombies *did* take up a kill slot. They don't anymore. TJ changed it... what, a year ago? Two years? I don't remember anymore, but sometime in the last five years for sure. I have three zombies, and all five of my kill slots are open for whenever I decide to create more zombies.

Considering the number of different looking zombies, TJ would probably have a riot on his hands if he only let us create five of them. I believe the rule was instituted back then so that people wouldn't kill tons and tons of dragons trying to get a ridiculous number of zombies, but it no longer makes sense to have that as a rule. Thankfully, TJ realized that.

I did not see how old that comment was >-<

and I did make one but there was no option to remove it so I just edited it >-<'

Also I have a zombie from a long time ago and I only have 4 kill slots, so I always though everyone had only 4 kill slots and so when I read everyone saying there was 5 and then her comment saying Zombies took one I though that was the reason I only had 4 and so though there was still a limit. But I guess then I just have a glitch/bug?

Edit: I could not find my Zombie tombstone x-x but I do have 2 zombie hatchlings

Edited by maylin

A raise would be nice now with so many increased things happy.gif

~ or reducing the dodge %

As much as I don't mind the dodge the way it works now (it takes a few more killing attepmts but at elast it doesn't waste any, I don't mind a few more clicks if I'm not loosing anything else but a few secods every dodge), the 5 kills per 2 weeks is too little for so many zombie sprites and such low success odds...

For the combination of all the above (low odds, few kill slots, long killing coodlown + unrewardignly short visibility span of Zombies) I feel really bored and started forgetting to even try for Zombies because of those (not to mention I need to get up earlier to try in the zombie-visibility window; or I'm hurrying for classes)^^;

It's not a challenge even, it's just frustratingly boring to try 5 every 2 weeks -or longe in my case because I started forgetting (and then not even being able to see the Zombie sprites much:P) xd.png

Edited by VixenDra

If killing/death or increased risk of death is going to be a much bigger part of the game now, then clearly five Kill slots aren't going to cut it anymore. Full support.

This thread is 10 years old? We have been hoping for this for that long. With all the new Zombie sprites to collect it is really even more important. Plus failed EQ attempts for new breeds that require it are eating up the kill slots needed for Zombies. It should at least increase with trophy levels. It would be nice to have as many kills as freezes.

Absolutely agreed. With breeds that require EQ and/or Kill, we totally need more kill slots. And/or a shorter cool down. 1 week would be more than enough!

Full support in light of recent breed additions.

I say match it to freeze slots.  Or even just remove the limit entirely.

5 is definitely too few. Perhaps 5 per trophy level?

11 hours ago, Stromboli said:

It would be nice to have them scale with trophy level, the way egg slots and freeze slots do.

I've really never understood why it doesn't, I'd like that change simply to make it more consistent. Freeze slots increase with trophy, why wouldn't kill slots do the same? 

And yes, now that there are variants that require Kill slots to be used, 5 is a very very small number.

Support.

More kill slots, scaling up with trophy, combined with Earthquake not counting toward kill slots would make a big difference in trying for zombies and trying for breed variants which depend on these mechanics.

Edited by missy_

*checks thread date* Depressing that this is another decade old suggestion. 10 years ago, this wasn't as much of a big deal, but I cannot believe has not been implemented with more zombie variants and earthquake being more desired. Full support, though I imagine this one will be left in the void like Float/Levitate for Balloons. 

I've given up any hope that more kill slots will be added. I just use them around Halloween, but it looks like they are going to be used to obtain other dragons such as the pitfires.

Absolutely support.  I don't personally zombify much so while it's not an issue that affects me personally, increased kill slots would be a huge help for a lot of ppl.

Support. Scaling with trophy level, 5 per trophy level, Earthquake not using kill slots, those all sound good to me.

Support. 5 is far too few with all the zombies and breeds requiring killing. I'll even give up cheese for a month just for more kill slots.

Support. This seems like the simplest solution to lower the barrier between zombies and kill-possible dragon types like vamps, green cantors and dark shumogas, as opposed to jumping through hoops like decoupling corpses from kills or adding a third variety of slot-eating eggs for indirect kills.

I am begging for more kill slots, especially now with the skittish Shumogas messing with my Zombie-making

I am fine with 10 slots, especially for platin trophy users, it should rank with the trophies