Aurora-Silver

More Kill Slots, please.

I support this. I agree that the Kill slots should be raised with the player's number of dragons. I also would like a lot of Kill slots for Zombies for Halloween which is coming up. (So I need to prepare for lag...)

I support the increase in kill slots. I'd probably never use them all, but I can see the logic behind it.

Hmm... I see your point here, but I really think it's not needed, it should be that as you get older as a user, you should value the life of your dragons more and only use the kills for zombies. And zombies should be very rare, the older users will have a greater chance, but then the newbies will be sad because they can't get them. I think Zombies should be equally attainable to every user, it adds a suspension and a bit of hoping, which users like me enjoy, its the thrill of not knowing that makes it fun smile.gif

Contrary to this, I think becoming a long term user here gives rise to an increased need for kill slots. When you first start out you just grab any old egg; we've seen this. Most people don't care that their first egg ever is pebble or balloon with a lineage that looks like a hurricane came through, they're just happy they have eggs because they don't know what's valuable in trades yet. They often don't realize or care that the eggs they pick up are the scraps from more experienced users. The same goes for the messy inbred metals we see in trades all the time; a lot of people are just looking to get one and don't care about lineage. Until they think "Hey I can trade its eggs!" and realize that their gold is not as nice as they thought it was.

Once breeding starts and you get into the trades looking to complete the scroll, you have a need to kill dragons. Once your scroll goals become more complex and specific, you will want to kill this, release that, breed these, bite those, raise x number of y dragon for z BSA, and so on.

Well, we do get increased freezing limits, so why not? owo

WE DO ????

I had no idea biggrin.gif

I would support more kill slots, though. I SO want a zombie biggrin.gif

My zombies (I have 3) don't seem to be taking up kill slots anymore so as long as they don't take up kill slots, I'm happy with the kill slot limit as it is.

You have my support! I've missed every holiday the past two years and I'll be here for this one. smile.gif

When you first start out you just grab any old egg; we've seen this. Most people don't care that their first egg ever is pebble or balloon with a lineage that looks like a hurricane came through, they're just happy they have eggs because they don't know what's valuable in trades yet. They often don't realize or care that the eggs they pick up are the scraps from more experienced users.

The argument to this is that it's easier to just release a messy-lineaged dragon than it is to kill or Zombify it.

Rubyshoes: I have 1 Zombie and she's still taking up a kill slot. I have four kill slots left, as per the writing in my Actions pages.

For the topic: This is a reasonable and good suggestion and I support it.

My zombies (I have 3) don't seem to be taking up kill slots anymore so as long as they don't take up kill slots, I'm happy with the kill slot limit as it is.

Once you have your zombie, it doesn't hold the kill spot forever. They eventually come back over time.

But it can be a long wait.

Once you have your zombie, it doesn't hold the kill spot forever. They eventually come back over time.

But it can be a long wait.

I got my Zombies in 2009. The kill slots came back today (or may be yesterday). I'm pretty sure this is a new change. Zombies used to take a kill slot permanently.

Since Zombies no longer seem to take a kill slot permanently, I wouldn't really use/need an increase in kill slots but I can see how an increase would be helpful to others.

edit: I finally found the other suggestion thread about kill slots. Here it is.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...120240&hl=slots

Edited by rubyshoes

My zombies (I have 3) don't seem to be taking up kill slots anymore...

!! I'm back up to five kills too. When was that changed? Very nice, if it continues, rather than being a one-time thing.

As for the suggestion, I'm neutral. It is frustrating to go through all five slots on Halloween, and get nothing from it, but increasing the slots doesn't guarantee that'll change. And since kills come back when the dragon disappears now, rather than uncounted months in the future, it's not really an issue there like it used to be, either. And if even zombies aren't taking up permanent spots anymore...

So, I don't really see the need for an increase, but I have nothing against it, either.

Here's a quote from TJ I found in the other thread (on the second page of that thread).

My initial response to this is that I'd rather not increase the number of kill slots, although making zombies not count towards the limit is fine. That was unintentional behavior anyways.

edit: Threads were merged so now his quote can be found on the second page of this thread.

Edited by rubyshoes

i would like this. even though i myself havent made any plans, i know plenty of people who are involving zombies in breeding and lineage projects. having more kill slots would help, so their lineages can grow to what they want. i havent yet had the patience to lay out a lineage and say "this and that becomes zombies, my lineage will be so cool looking!" but if i did, im sure more kill slots would be immensely helpful, especially in case of zombie fails.

The argument to this is that it's easier to just release a messy-lineaged dragon than it is to kill or Zombify it.

Untrue. Many people use their kills to obliterate the offending lines entirely. Search "clean up a lineage" and you'll find three threads in SD, all of which eventually include discussion of Kill. Releasing doesn't do that. In fact, it does the opposite. It preserves the offending lineage forever.

And when you have very specific goals, there's no reason to get needlessly sentimental about the nonexistent life of a collection of pixels.

I'm hopeful that Zombies no longer take up a permanent kill (I got mine back today). If that's the case, while I could see a use to having an extra one or two (makes it easier to make Vampires), I don't see a huge need for it. Without Zombies taking up a slot permanently, they're no longer such a precious resource that people can't just wait a few weeks to use them again.

So, I'm neither here nor there about this.

Well, it looks like TJ doesn't want to increase kill slots. But it's awesome that Zombie kill-slots might not be permanent!

I barely use my kill slots at all, so I have no stake in this suggestion, but I do agree that it makes sense. If our freeze limit goes up, the other should too.

I saw someone's kill slots back and someone doesn't, what could be required for kill slots back? Or just wait and they will automatically appear?

Is that mean we can have as many zombies as we want?

I made one Zombie in 2009 and one in 2010 which reduced my kills to 3... just checked and I'm back up to 5 kill slots.. so I'll probably try to make more Zombies again this Halloween, so I can have a full set of sprites.

I rarely use my kill slots anyway, but I'm happy that my Zombies no longer take up a slot.

Wow, this hasn't been bumped in a while.

I agree with more kill slots. At least scale with trophies like egg limits and freeze limits do.

yes please!, it would make my deadline projects slightly less of a long wait nightmare!

and zombies have changed things up because were gonna be using them up very frequently them

Edited by blockEdragon

Definite support! Now that Zombies are year-round, it'll help having more slots. I agree with scaling them based on Trophy level, though they don't have to.

I hate having my scroll slots taken by Zombie fodder, so it'll help having more kill slots than 5.

Edited by predatorfan4ever

Yes, please, let's raise our glasses for 24(and still going!) new Zombie sprites we got this May! xd.png

Change of heart, I'm strongly against letting more dragons to be killed.

And I'd also suggest dead hatchlings who died on their own (becuase run out of time) not to count towards the growing hatchling's limit, please...(because mine count)

Edited by VixenDra