Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

Ok. Weeeird thing happened to me just now. ><

I just nabbed my 15'th hatchie off the AP. Then I clicked on an egg and got the overburdened message, even though I only have 6 eggs. I KNOW I can't grab any more hatchies, unless I get more eggs to hatch on my scroll. But eggs?

I did not know it would egg-lock me. Which is sad, because I was waiting to breed my valuable dragons for someone in exchange of a shiniful. sad.gif

Yeah, with a Gold trophy you can only have 21 growing things all together. So even if you only have 6 eggs, if you also have 15 hatchlings then you're locked. But if you got rid of a hatchling or it grows up, then you can breed to fill that 7th egg slot.

If you have gold trophy you may have 7 eggs and 21 on-grown Dragons (eggs and unfrozen Hatchies) intotal. So if you had 15 hatchies and 6 eggs you had 21 growing dragons so would be locked.

ninja.gif

Edited by Varnayrah

I wonder what's going to happen when 2 more of my eggs will hatch later. xd.png

I might have to ask someone to hold onto a bunch of them when I will make the trade. o.o

Thanks for the answer. Didn't know.

I wonder what's going to happen when 2 more of my eggs will hatch later. xd.png

You will still be locked until a hatchie or two grows up.

It's an egg limit / total limit, not an egg limit / hatchling limit. You'll just have more hatchies and less eggs. x3

I was just in the Forest trying to snag the new Springs. At 15 past the hour, the three slots were two whiptails and a fog. I sat there until 31 past the hour staring at those SAME three eggs while refreshing like a maniac. Is there NO way that eggs that obviously not going to be taken can move along any faster than this?? It's really no fun at all staring at the same three loser eggs for that long a time.

How about, if an egg (especially those gum-dinged blockers) sits in the same spot for five minutes, it's ushered away - moved - gotten rid of - taken to that great Wilderness in the sky - or erased?

ETA: K Just went back to the Forest at 56 past the hour - there were still two eggs there - a Terrae, and a Whiptail (same code as one of the ones that was there at 31 past). This is really ridiculous! Are we SUPPOSED to sit there for TWENTY FIVE minutes patiently f-5ing before the blasted bleeping cave blockers are changed???

Edited by oddsoxdi

The big changes are still on the hour.... Just that the AP isn't blocking the biomes at the moment.

I've seen things moving today, and caught a black, and a tangar for a promise in mid hour (also misclicked a magi, which will have to go...) - though I didn't want any springs so didn't pick them up when I saw them - and now I am locked (my need to BREED them for my lineages before I get caught like last year was greater... I will try and get you some, lovely thing !

Things do move, and you can hunt better at the hourly drops, then things definitely move. There are quite a few suggestions already in this section to try to address the 'problem' of blockers.

Edited by TheGrox

Is there anything strange going on with the AP? A couple of days, it was almost empty, with eggs having mostly 6 d 23 h or full 7 days left. Now, most visible eggs are around 5 d 1 h. Not that I'm complaining, I think it's a great idea. (And I'm busily stocking up on CB purple ridgewings, too.)

Not sure if requires its own thread but... today I accidentally screwed up my sorting order, and I know we have custom sort & automatic filters, but it would be a lot easier if we could maybe order it by breed specifically or move more than one dragon at a time. Like, Nebulas first, seasonals second, etc, I'm not entirely sure how this would work but I don't really like the already installed filters (and it's my fault for accidentally resetting my scroll) and it's really tedious to move dragons individually.

I'd like to have the option to sort by gender within whatever other sort category you choose.

As in- I select "sort by breed", then "subsort by gender" and POOF! I have all of my dargons organized!

I'd like to have the option to sort by gender within whatever other sort category you choose.

As in- I select "sort by breed", then "subsort by gender" and POOF! I have all of my dargons organized!

This would be a blessing biggrin.gif

edit: or have the 1 sort category and then the same option as a second category..

so it is like colour and then it is breed biggrin.gif

Edited by aussieJJDude

It would be nice if the eggs in each biome could rotate every couple of minutes, if they end up just sitting there blocking the rest. tongue.gif

(And I agree with the gender sorting option people are wanting.)

Are we SUPPOSED to sit there for TWENTY FIVE minutes patiently...

Oi. I bet that with that reaction for a mere half hour hunt you'll never catch even metals.

And catching blusang should be a once-in-a-lifespan event, if you're lucky.

PS. same 3 eggs? pick one - maybe your spring is just behind.

I'm just wondering If its just been me or has there been more than average common/extremely common eggs starting in the biomes. I've been checking almost all day today and all that pops up at the hour change is super common eggs and I saw maybe one rare in the Alpine and none in coastal, and same with the rest of the biomes.

I'm just a little confused xd.png

It also just might be me.

Maybe, like it was said above, the eggs could circulate a bit more, even if its like a major change every 30 minutes or so because once you get those pesky blockers it kinda stops till the cave swapping hour.

Thats my first feedback and I hope it makes sense.

Want Subsorting, so much! Best if it even were sub-sort-sorting xd.png

Also sorting by names could use an option to sort for the Second word, or the third etc. Would make it possible to get your CBs in front if they have CB after the name, for example.

Examples: a) Sort by breed, then subsort by Generation within the breed, where the Generation is always a number as the second word in the name.

b ) Sort by first letter of the name (the name start with generation), then subsort each group Rainbow coloured. Then each group of the same first letter and color should be sorted by 2nd letter.

Or other sortings, not sure if this is possible:

- Sort by lineage pattern. CB, 2nd gens, EG 3rd gen+, Perfect Stair, Perfect Alternating, Anything else.

- Sort by Generation. (i.e. the number of columns the lineage display page has)

- Sort by number of different breeds in the lineage

On another note, the Sorting with tiles could use some inprovements.

- it's hard to scroll with a tile dragging, you have to wait quite a bit until it's way down if you want something from top to be at the bottom (not that sure how to improve this)

- would be good if we could drag groups, maybe just with CTRL+clicking to mark like in windows explorer.

Edited by Lilly

On another note, the Sorting with tiles could use some inprovements.

- it's hard to scroll with a tile dragging, you have to wait quite a bit until it's way down if you want something from top to be at the bottom (not that sure how to improve this)

- would be good if we could drag groups, maybe just with CTRL+clicking to mark like in windows explorer.

There's a thread somewhere asking to be able to move groups of dragons. But I use alt custom sort all the time and was frustrated like you till someone told me to use page down to get there faster. Works like a dream - till we get move by groups smile.gif

Oi. I bet that with that reaction for a mere half hour hunt you'll never catch even metals.

I've DONE that SO many times! Taken what were worthless - to me - eggs, gritted my teeth for the five hours and sent them on their way. There's never been a pot of gold behind the blocker.

I've DONE that SO many times! Taken what were worthless - to me - eggs, gritted my teeth for the five hours and sent them on their way. There's never been a pot of gold behind the blocker.

I do this a lot in the Jungle because I like Dinos, and I sometimes do it when there's a new release, but it's never worked for me at any other time.

Done this countless times. Usually, there wasn't anything interesting behind. And if there was, it was snagged before I could get it. So, no, I'm not doing it again even if there are only 5 people in the biome. Too much rotten luck for me.

Oddly I've gotten three CB blacks in the past two weeks from doing just that. Just comes down to RNG.

It's like a slot machine. I'll keep pulling that lever until something nice falls out. Most of the time I only get a bunch of blocker eggs, which I raise anyway because it helps the cave generate more of everything else, but once in a while I strike gold (metaphorically, I haven't raised a CB gold in years).

Operant conditioning at work.

But see, taking those blocker eggs and holding them for 5 hrs is against my play style and I shouldn't be forced to do it. Those slots are for ME to raise what I want, not to benefit some other player who grabs the 'good egg' behind the blocker I sacrified a slot for.

The AP isn't static.. the eggs move around.. and the biomes shouldn't be static either. If TJ would change the way that eggs are generated, the egg shuffle WOULD work, because every new egg would be NEW, not pre-generated.

The thing that increasingly strikes me about a LOT of the suggestions going around is that people seem to expect the cave to be sort of predictable. That the same sort of number of each thing should be around all the time; that the AP should lock (or not) at x eggs; that the eggs should or should not shuffle and so on. But why shouldn't it be a bit unpredictable ? Why should we assume that because the ratios may or may not be x:y:z, we can reasonably assume there will be X golds, y blusangs and z stones on any given day ? As long as the ratios work over longer time periods, why not a bit of "I wonder what will happen today"-ness ?

Honestly, I'm not even thinking about the ratios anymore. All I'm worried about is being able to hunt the biomes, and having the same three blocker eggs sitting there for who knows how long does NOT contribute to good hunting.

Folk keep assuming that all anyone is interested in is rares, but I for one could care less about rares. I'm hunting commons/uncommons for my breeding projects; primarily stripes, horses, embers and splits. If all I see are blockers, how does that help my game or playing style? It is NOT my job to take unwanted blocker eggs and hold them for 5 hrs. In my game, the only time I should be affected by the 5 hr wait is when I mis-click something by accident.

TJ is making awesome progress with the AP.. all those incuhatchable eggs are awesome.. especially when I can find the caveborns that I need or don't mind collecting. I WILL take blockers from the AP now, thanks to them being incuhatchable. But it's time to start fixing the biome blocker problem, and the only way to do that is to change the way eggs drop.

I don't know how to code it.. I wish I did so I could talk TJ into changing it.. but SOMETHING is broken and needs to be fixed ASAP. It doesn't matter if it's something based on time; as in eggs disappear after so long without being taken... or if it's some kind of egg shuffle. But the eggs can't be pregenerated or it won't work right; the drops have to be random and variable, so that all the so-called 'good eggs' aren't taken, leaving nothing but blockers (because that doesn't solve the problem, if anything it just makes it worse). If the eggs don't change in the biomes, you can't hunt; all you can do is sit there refreshing, hoping that someone else will take one of the blocker eggs and something good will show up in it's place. Which is bad for whomever took the blocker, because there's no way for them to even see the next egg shown, meaning their good deed is punished with a 5 hr wait and someone selfish like me, gets to take advantage and grab the good egg that appeared when they made their sacrifice.

The thing that increasingly strikes me about a LOT of the suggestions going around is that people seem to expect the cave to be sort of predictable. That the same sort of number of each thing should be around all the time; that the AP should lock (or not) at x eggs; that the eggs should or should not shuffle and so on. But why shouldn't it be a bit unpredictable ? Why should we assume that because the ratios may or may not be x:y:z, we can reasonably assume there will be X golds, y blusangs and z stones on any given day ? As long as the ratios work over longer time periods, why not a bit of "I wonder what will happen today"-ness ?

The ratios don't 'work' over long time periods, though. Rare breeding really well for months and then none at all breeding for many many months isn't 'working', in many people's opinions.