Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

This is not a suggestion, nor a grammar error, so this appears to be the best place to post this. (If not, please inform me where I should go instead.)

The "New Releases" post in Dragon Wiki says that the egg sprite was changed on the new shimmery gold (Chinese New Year) eggs. The problem: the LINEAGE links still use the old sprite — which appears to be the new sprite for the regular metallic gold egg (though I could be wrong about that).

There have been a number of us trying to summon unsuccessfully since the BSA first came out, about 48 fortnights ago. It would be nice if:

1) there were a counter to see how many consecutive unsuccessful summons you'd actually made.

2) folks had clarity on what might prevent a successful summoning (and thus reset the summoning counter for the items below).

3) anyone with over 25 (or about a year's worth of) consecutive unsuccessful summons were given a special something (trophy? current caveborn egg of type choice?).

4) anyone with over 50 (or about two year's worth of) consecutive unsuccessful summons were given a choice of a special egg/hatchling type (neglected, holly, etc.).

5) there were a known limit to the number of times to try summoning before you would automatically succeed - and it was much less that what we've been through so far.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

There have been a number of us trying to summon unsuccessfully since the BSA first came out, about 48 fortnights ago. It would be nice if:

1) there were a counter to see how many consecutive unsuccessful summons you'd actually made.

2) folks had clarity on what might prevent a successful summoning (and thus reset the summoning counter for the items below).

3) anyone with over 25 (or about a year's worth of) consecutive unsuccessful summons were given a special something (trophy? current caveborn egg of type choice?).

4) anyone with over 50 (or about two year's worth of) consecutive unsuccessful summons were given a choice of a special egg/hatchling type (neglected, holly, etc.).

5) there were a known limit to the number of times to try summoning before you would automatically succeed - and it was much less that what we've been through so far.

It is random. So there is nothing that affects it but - the dice of life.

Just sayin' - as one who has the "two years and nothing" banner ready to roll biggrin.gif

While I'd love an eggful trophy - I don't actually think it's the way to go.

I'm a strong believer that everyone who tries for eggs should be able to get them after a certain number of attempts to grab them (such as 10 for commons, 25 for uncommon, 50 for rare types; I'd say higher but I almost never see rares drop anyway, so the drop rates limit it a lot). If tracking clicks for all the different kinds of eggs is too database-consuming, perhaps folks could specify a type they are working towards and just have that one tracked.

I think this would help a lot for folks with brutally slow connections.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

[...]

I think I could support this one. If the Random Number Gods hate someone that much, for two years worth of summons...throw 'em a bone! There isn't anything they can do to make it easier to get a GoN and they can't be traded. While guarantees aren't all that nice, if someone puts in enough time to Summon 50 times and still hasn't gotten one, that's some serious dedication to the game. Let them crit roll 51.

That would get me one, I think, she said, perking up... smile.gif

No wait - I think I am only up to 43....

Change of subject (please return to your regularly scheduled programming after this message, if you want) :

I would like to see names and links to the various biomes put on the "Get" page where it says "Sorry, this egg has already been taken by somebody else." or the other similar messages of "you didn't get this egg".

It just seems to add an extra step to getting back to the biome when you have to go to the Cave first, then click on the Biome, and that extra second or two can be the difference in catching or losing the eggs we want. This step did not exist in the "single" cave because the Biome link didn't exist.

Change of subject (please return to your regularly scheduled programming after this message, if you want) :

I would like to see names and links to the various biomes put on the "Get" page where it says "Sorry, this egg has already been taken by somebody else." or the other similar messages of "you didn't get this egg".

It just seems to add an extra step to getting back to the biome when you have to go to the Cave first, then click on the Biome, and that extra second or two can be the difference in catching or losing the eggs we want. This step did not exist in the "single" cave because the Biome link didn't exist.

I support this one BIG time ! (at the moment I use "back" - and then you have to refresh - one more click.)

I'd also like a link to the AP in each biome, along with all the other biome links. Sometimes you want to go there even when the message about a massive pile doesn't show up smile.gif

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=118106 :3

I'd also like a link to the AP in each biome, along with all the other biome links. Sometimes you want to go there even when the message about a massive pile doesn't show up

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117585 :3

Or you guys could just hold down the control key when you click an egg...

it will open in a new tab. Then you won't have to "go back" anywhere.

Thank you, Socky. I'm glad others have had the same idea. These are such simple things, but can be the difference in so much. Taking extra steps out would be a blessing to those of us whose computers aren't that fast to begin with.

Or you guys could just hold down the control key when you click an egg...

it will open in a new tab. Then you won't have to "go back" anywhere.

blink.gif

Thanks. biggrin.gif NICE one ! (How did I miss that ???)

I logged into my scroll just now and I noticed my zombie's headstone sitting at the top. Has something been changed? If so, awesome!

(It's now 12:50 pm my time and I'm on CST...so that would make it 1:50 EST/cave time?)

Edited by klinneah

I logged into my scroll just now and I noticed my zombie's headstone sitting at the top. Has something been changed? If so, awesome!

(It's now 12:50 pm my time and I'm on CST...so that would make it 1:50 EST/cave time?)

It's the 31st. They always show all day on the 31st of the month.

Is there a way to make code grabbing easier? I do tend to use some forums to get views for my eggs and hatchlings, but sometimes it can be tedious.

Something like this would be nice, or the get code page could lead to a list of growing dragons you have and a check box beside each one. One would check the boxes and then generate the code they wanted for the individual dragons.

Also, there have been people who have come up with BSAs to override breeding refusals. None of them really made sense, but I thought instead for the first few weeks of February (around valentine's day?) no dragons will refuse each other.

blink.gif

Thanks. I think. When I think how long it took me once, to...

Never mind biggrin.gif

Not quite the same as what you linked, but there is this.

That's what I've been using and it's tedious, especially if you want a lot of growing things in a signature. I think there would be a lot more posting of eggs in signatures on other sites if we could get an easier way for code grabbing.

I'm not sure if this should go in here or in Forum feedback, it's about Teleport.

Is there any way to have a short comment box in the Accept Trade screen to add our own comments - please? I feel like little Miss Grabbihands Takesemall when I just take the Trade and run instead of saying Thank You in a gracious and amusing way. So, please and thank you very much!

OMG THANKS SO MUCH TJ09~! I LOVE THE SORTING OPTIONS!

Yes! Me too! Thank you so much TJ. Best Valentine's gift ever. happy.gif

Edit: What happened? ohmy.gif It disappeared.

Edited by StormWizard212

Filter by "Available for BSA" = Best. Thing. Ever.

Love it so much.

But I still think it'd be super awesome if we had a "gender" sort or sub-sort option.