Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

Thank you for your replies, though I will be frank, I feel about 2 inches tall right now.

I did not mean to belittle you, and I apologize if I did. That was not my intention. I was only posting information to help you think about your suggestions, and get into contact with the spriters to have input for your ideas. Art usage form <-- This is a post that lets you know what permissions are for which artist of the sprites. Does not say anything about making new sprites though.

So . . .

It's absolutely NEVER a possibility that one of the "finished" dragons could be changed at all?  Even with the permission of the spriter?  Some of the dragons,   On the list, there are some lovely dragons that could be very nice as a cross between a white and gray or a pink and green etc.    I don't agree that there would have to be "new" projects.  I can't imagine a spriter that wouldn't be happy to get their dragon in as a special hybrid.

Some spriters would love to have their baby as part of a hybrid concept, but you have to ask them. If you click on a dragon on your scroll, look at the bottom of the page, and you will see this:

user posted image

It has the spriter's name listed. Copy that name, and paste it into the box that has the blue arrow pointing to it, and change the search criteria to how the red arrow is. Then hit search, and see it their name shows up. You can follow that link to their profile and try to PM them.

user posted image

So . . .

Every alt would have to be a totally new project, I find this confusing.

Well the idea has to be approved by a mod or TJ, then people can submit sketches to have the artwork of the sprite based-off of. That requires a project. Then you need to get the spriters involved.

So . . .

Would the "permission of the spriter be so difficult to obtain?  Are they perceived as being . . . inflexible or just plain cranky?  Of course, I couldn't know this . . . I'm making suggestions that We've spent time on.

You will have to ask them, there is no harm in doind so smile.gif

My daughter and I play this game together . . . most of these ideas are hers.  She's a very enthusiastic and creative girl.  A very special 12 year old.

I wish you two luck in making your ideas alive. I would love to have more hybrids.

Edited by xeyla

Hybrids are possible, but they require the permission of the spriters involved in the parent breeds. Also, it is best to go ahead and make a new design that reflects both parents than looking at something in the completed list and declaring it a hybrid.

As for dimorphism, I personally like some not having dimorphism.

As for alts, I don't think those are necessary. I would rather new breeds be released than new alts of already released dragons. As for making them yourself, you absolutely need the spriter's permission, and they really need to match the style of the original as closely as possible.

Good luck to your daughter - she sounds just the type to flesh out a new dragon concept. Do ask her to do it - there are so many spriters here who would help. And if she wants to go for a hybrid - yes, she has to ask the spriters - but most are OK about it.

But the hybrids already created are (as far as I recall) already "assigned" to breeds. Like one of my favourites - the Weather Balloons, for instance - you couldn't switch them to another breed

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=141680

They just have to be seasonals and balloons !

It's just that we don't get to do as we please with existing art. And we are (FINALLY !) getting two releases most months, which is good.

I do see what you mean about the Amour Propre though - it doesn't seem to say WHICH pink and yellow dragons would produce it... I am now officially confused about that one ! The idea of a hybrid from a holiday seems - unlikely.

Here is a guide for making a dragon request: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=4186585

And here is the board for making the requests: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=15

Make sure to read the guide, so any questions might be answered. If you need any questions answered that the guide cannot answer, post in the Tiny Little Questions thread.

Keep in mind that making a dragon is a somewhat long process. People that help you might not be able to work every day on your concept, and things do happen outside of DC (sadly). Also, members can be blunt in their criticism, and may come off as harsh, but do not get discouraged! They are trying to help you, and want to see your concept in the cave. It might take your concept a few months or more to be made cave-ready, but then it gets to sit on the completed list until TJ decides to release it (which is random). Some dragons have been on the completed list for 5 years, keep that in mind.

If you want to see a certain kind of dragon, such as typhoon, please feel free to suggest it in dragon requests. BSA suggestions belong in the BSA section.

Merged with this thread since this isn't really a suggestion, but more what you want to see released. You have a lot of stuff here that could really mess with the game mechanics. If you really want individual threads for the parts of the suggestion that are suggestions for the cave, I suggest separating them from the feedback bits and organizing it into similar groups so you can suggest threads with one/similar suggestions rather than a thread with a conglomerate of all your suggestions.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Not completely certain this should go here, but seemed like a good place to start.

I would find it handy if there was a link to the AP in each of the biomes. It could be considered laziness I suppose, not liking to have to click back to the cave to get to the AP, but I still think it would be a nice addition.

Thanks for reading!

Just a suggestion but~! I think it would be useful to perhaps have a notification that would alert you when people offer on your trade teleports. I'm thinking something similar to when we do events (ex. Haunting in Aliset) that is placed at around the top of pages which may just exclude the AP that will have a short message like, "You have new [something something flavor text etc]!" And it links back to your teleport page.

Reason for this being because then you don't have to refresh and wait and go back and forth to see if anything has changed.

And eh...that's about it that I can see for why be in favor of it. xd.png So yeah, convenience, but hey~! Something to consider.

Edited by Sinsdaemn

So . . .

It's absolutely NEVER a possibility that one of the "finished" dragons could be changed at all? Even with the permission of the spriter? Some of the dragons, On the list, there are some lovely dragons that could be very nice as a cross between a white and gray or a pink and green etc. I don't agree that there would have to be "new" projects. I can't imagine a spriter that wouldn't be happy to get their dragon in as a special hybrid.

Well, it is possible, and there is a rule that grants permission by default if the spriter was contacted and doesn't reply in a certain amount of time. Unless this rule has changed again?

Besides, there are some spriters who come up with changes to their own dragons. (Right now, Lythiaren is working on a new female sprite for her vines, for example. At the rate she's going, it might take a couple of years before it's finished, though.) If you need a full list, go to dragcave wiki? and click on every egg. You'll find an info page on each dragon breed that also lists old sprites.

So . . .

Every alt would have to be a totally new project, I find this confusing.

Yes. Because you can't just change colors on an existing sprite without permission. And most spriters wouldn't grant permission for recoloring their sprites.

So . . .

Would the "permission of the spriter be so difficult to obtain?  Are they perceived as being . . . inflexible or just plain cranky?  Of course, I couldn't know this . . . I'm making suggestions that We've spent time on.

It depends on the spriter(s) involved. Some are really easy to work with, others are incredibly cranky protective of their art.

My daughter and I play this game together . . . most of these ideas are hers.  She's a very enthusiastic and creative girl.  A very special 12 year old.
Congrats!

I'd love to see the columns during "select dragons to offer for a trade" (and possibly other places if they have similar columns) to be closer together. It was hard to visually line up the code with the checkbox to make sure I was selecting the right ones, and I tried to highlight but the highlight didn't go over to the checkbox enough. It only takes a tiny bit of time after submitting the offer to confirm, but since the offer technically could be accepted within that time, having to do that for confirmation isn't ideal.

My suggestion or what cave is missing is a dragon with BSA that could "incubate" hatchlings and make them grow up faster ☺

My suggestion or what cave is missing is a dragon with BSA that could "incubate" hatchlings and make them grow up faster ☺

If you look in the BSA section you will find quite a few dragons with this suggestion attached to them, add your support to your favorite.

Edit: this is the current proposed list: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=104758

Edited by DragonLady86

There are some suggestions in the BSA subsection of the Suggestions/Requests forum that address the issue of a possible hatchling-incubate.

The only problem with this "want" is how to make it realistic on how the hatchling matures faster. Just because a child gets enough to eat, and is loved/cared for by members of its family, they will not magically mature into an adult in a shorter amount of time than would a child not cared for in the same way. Unless we got some kind of magical ability to do this, that is the roadblock.

I'm sure this has been addressed before - maybe it's an oversight or maybe there's a reason for the lack of it in the list, but http://dragcave.net/help/actions doesn't include expunge.

(I was trying to see which BSAs had a magical basis, to see how well a magical hatchling incubate might fit in, but realized the actual in-cave info about the actions didn't have much along those lines.)

The only problem with this "want" is how to make it realistic on how the hatchling matures faster. Just because a child gets enough to eat, and is loved/cared for by members of its family, they will not magically mature into an adult in a shorter amount of time than would a child not cared for in the same way. Unless we got some kind of magical ability to do this, that is the roadblock.

A human baby would not, but there are other species that do. Snakes, for example, depend much more heavily on body size and weight than age to breed. An underweight snake would reach sexual maturity slower than one of a healthy weight, and up to a point, more food translates directly into faster growth.

Would love a couple of new features in the dragon sorting system. I was custom sorting my dragons from day 1 (not a fan of the way auto sort sorts things), but somehow accidentally auto-sorted them once and have been struggling to re-sort them ever since. I have over 1500 dragons so having to grab a single dragon and scroll through 1500 others to figure out where to put it is incredibly time consuming, especially when you want to move a group of dragons.

It would be incredibly helpful would be the ability to multi-select dragons and move them all as one group to a new location in your scroll order. It would also be neat to have an auto sorter where you could personally set the breed order.

One of my concepts plans for hatchy incubate.. however at this point in time, it isnt being considered for release.

However, for discussion sake: the bsa I had planned, would NOT be usable on eggs/hatchys that were previously incubated with reds. The logic of the hatchys being able to grow faster comes down strictly to the environment the dragon with the ability lives in. It is a harsh location.. where babies would have to be stronger than others of their breed in order to just survive.. let alone thrive.

Carrots: there is actually something in place.. kind of with the sort system. If you have a breed sort going, and switch to say.. color sort.. the individual breeds /should/ stay in the same order they were for the original sort.. but in the new sort order.

(for example, my old sort was a custom sort, but then I decided to breed sort. I moved them back into the orders I wanted them in.. but decided I hated breed sort, and switched to color sort instead. All of the dragons I had taken the time to sort into an order that I liked, maintained their sort order after being switched to color sort)

I'm sure this has been addressed before - maybe it's an oversight or maybe there's a reason for the lack of it in the list, but http://dragcave.net/help/actions doesn't include expunge.

(I was trying to see which BSAs had a magical basis, to see how well a magical hatchling incubate might fit in, but realized the actual in-cave info about the actions didn't have much along those lines.)

Also does not include Vamp's "Bite" action, but I've mentioned that multiple times over like six months and it hasn't changed yet.

This isn't really relevant to anything, but I lovelovelove that the Earth Day tree made

it onto my scroll this year. It's sooo cute. wub.gif

In my browser tab list, the page title for the action page of a named dragon includes the dragon's name (Dragon Cave - Actions - Name) but an unnamed dragon doesn't have the code (Dragon Cave - Actions). My suggestion is to add the code into the page title if that's possible.

I feel like this has already been said before, but if not -

The influence page said not enough time for a 2d9h egg of mine, when it should have said already influenced. (I made sure to hard refresh, and I compared the influence page to my action log that showed I did already influence it.)

The breed limits page is now rather outdated with only GoNs and current-year holidays being restricted (and the solstice isn't added there either).

I think it's about time to either update it, or flatout nuke it out of existence as with only one breed under permament breed limit restriction, it is rather... redundant as the summon BSA already stated that you can only have two.

I think the BSA help page could also use a small update. wink.gif

Missing BSA's:

• Bite
  • Expunge
  • Splash
  • Summon
And what happend to the graveyard? There are no cracked egg shells or tombstones anymore. I tried to access it at different times...but nothing. It's been like that for the last few releases. (I used go there to collect the cracked egg shell images of the newly released dragons)