Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

Hmmm. Good to know MY options weren't the only ones who disappeared. They were AWESOME too. Avail for BSA was the BEST. OPTION. EVER!

From the IRC:

<TJ09>: Storm, I've had that sitting around for months.

<TJ09>: I forgot how many parts it needed to make it fully work, though.

<TJ09>: Thuban, I hadn't fully enabled it.

<Sukisho>: TJ09, so we are getting it though?

<TJ09>: Sukisho, whenever I have time to breath between all of these events.

It sounds like there are still things that need to be tweaked with it, but we'll hopefully be getting this feature in the future. smile.gif Once TJ has the time to fix a few things up. Something to look forward to though!

Edited by StormWizard212

I guess TJ is still working on it d: I love it tho' <3 That will help make breeding and using BSA a lot easier :3

TJ, if you would listen to a mere plebeian like me, I'd like to suggest code recycling: if an egg sits inside the AP for more than 30 minutes, it is deleted, and the code can be recycled for another egg, which I hope can solve the clutter problem, maybe opening up multiclutches~! (If he heard me...)

*DEAR MODS* I wasn't sure where to put this, so sorry sad.gif I figured it'd get noticed here more than anywhere else, maybe?

Anyway. I will admit, there are some things that go on on DC that I don't like. And, I tend to stay away from the forums for that reason.

HOWEVER, more than once..I find myself sitting at the DC entrance, or in my scroll, or heck, THE EVENTS..and think.

You guys do some amazing stuff. Seriously. I don't know what kind of freaking coding genius you have but, you do stuff that I wish OTHER websites did, and you make it seem so easy.

Now, I'm sure there have been issues (glitches, lag, downtime) but...generally, ASIDE form events where the lines are long and slow moving..I've had a pretty smooth sailing trip on DC.

So yeah. Kudo's to ya'll.

I find most of the events fun. Especially last years Easter Egg hunt and the Trick or Treating event the Halloween before last (though, I didn't participate much as it was too late for me to realize wtf was actually going on)

SO YEAH. Uhm...congrats on a lot of awesome shiz.

Anyway. I will admit, there are some things that go on on DC that I don't like. And, I tend to stay away from the forums for that reason.

Perhaps you would be interested in the Forum Feedback thread where you can post about your experiences with the forums, what you wish would be changed, and even ideas on what to do differently. Everyone's opinion can make a difference =)

What's the deal with the Desert lately? I went in this morning at the 8 AM drop, and the Desert was done dropping eggs in ONE MINUTE.

What's the deal with the Desert lately? I went in this morning at the 8 AM drop, and the Desert was done dropping eggs in ONE MINUTE.

Spitters were blockers. Now everyone wants them. biggrin.gif And most other things there were always sought after !

The desert doesnt have as many breeds dropping as the other biomes, and has more dragons people are interested in collecting, so it runs out faster. Look down near bottom left, and you'll see a counter that says how many people are there with you. More than 30 = really short drop tongue.gif

So i'm not spamming:

I would like to see more sort options eventually.

It would be interesting to have gen sorting (which would put the dragons in order by gen, by breed. Would cause multiple groups of dragons, but they would be in order by what gen they are.

Being able to choose two options for sorting:

example would be: being able to sort by breed based on your custom sort. I want this because i do a custom rainbow, but also have certain lineages at the bottom of my scroll. I have no choice but to manually set my dragons, it would be cool to be able to force my custom sort as my default, then be able to hit breed from there so that new dragons (which live at the top for me) would get auto sorted to where my scroll says they should be. At the very least, it would provide an interesting coding experiment for TJ tongue.gif

Group sorting. Legacy is ok, but its hard to fine tune my sorts with. Too many lyric armies, so i cant just move groups without renumbering all 1300+ dragons. Being able to select a group and telling the whole group to move in order to the "legacy" number would be really handy. Especially if it automatically renumbered after the move (this part i know would be difficult as it would require a save after the move...)

Edited by Thuban

I'm not very sure this is the right place to write this, or if someone already pointed this out, but I would suggest to please do something for the seasonals breeding and dropping rate.

Breeding seasonals has become quite impossible lately (when you get 1 or 2 eggs out or 30 pairs is a good results) and cb springs are almost as rare ad cb golds.

It can be ok if a dragon has a period when it is much rarer and then becomes more common again, but the problem with seasonals is that they are seasonals! In less then three weeks there will not be springs anymore and a lot of lineage projects will be ruined for a whole year. People can't wait them to become common again, and so many are disappointed.

I'm not very sure this is the right place to write this, or if someone already pointed this out, but I would suggest to please do something for the seasonals breeding and dropping rate.

Breeding seasonals has become quite impossible lately (when you get 1 or 2 eggs out or 30 pairs is a good results) and cb springs are almost as rare ad cb golds.

It can be ok if a dragon has a period when it is much rarer and then becomes more common again, but the problem with seasonals is that they are seasonals! In less then three weeks there will not be springs anymore and a lot of lineage projects will be ruined for a whole year. People can't wait them to become common again, and so many are disappointed.

Are seasonals now rare? Someone please point me to an announcement.

(This would explain a lot.

I've read of a lot of people on other forums, not here, wondering where the spring seasonals are. )

If this is true, someone please edit the DC wikia to say so, as that's where many people get their info.

I would like just one more CB spring seasonal, so that I would have a pair.

The whole situation with the seasonals is depressing, and it doesn't matter if one is a newbie, or been around a long time like me. sad.gif

Are seasonals now rare? Someone please point me to an announcement.

(This would explain a lot.

I've read of a lot of people on other forums, not here, wondering where the spring seasonals are. )

If this is true, someone please edit the DC wikia to say so, as that's where many people get their info.

I would like just one more CB spring seasonal, so that I would have a pair.

The whole situation with the seasonals is depressing, and it doesn't matter if one is a newbie, or been around a long time like me. sad.gif

They're not supposed to be rare; there is no announcement. But they aren't breeding and aren't dropping in the Cave. In the trading threads it's not uncommon to see CB Springs going for 2nd-gen metallics and the like.

And I haven't really seen a glut to account for them being off-ratio...

The reason they're off-ratio would be the latest alpine-only release. That was the royal blues and GWs that were released there, and people emptied the alpine biome like crazy, trying to get an uncommon GW. Since the winter seasonals dropped there (and were picked up at lightning speed), and seasonals seem to count as one breed in the ratios, the ratios got unbalanced.

It's more than that. They haven't been breeding "normally" since before then - my stalled lineage stopped dead well within the winter season, before the new release sad.gif I'm just HOPING to breed a couple of the springs I need from existing ones, but I can't complete the lineage for at least another year now:(

Just adding my voice to those hoping that there's a fix in the works so that CB Springs start to turn up a bit more often. I know several people who are stuck on lineages, and newer folks who would like to get their first seasonals, and it just isn't happening.

I've also got to echo EmpressPhoenix: there's obviously a lot of attention paid to keeping the Cave fun, interesting, and fresh. I've been a fan for more than three years, and I haven't lost interest yet! Thanks to all!

I have had a hard time seeing spits in the AP. What exactly markes changes for people in general? For me, it's seeing an uncommon poof from the AP, like spits. I can't even remember the days when blacks were simply normal fodder for bites, nice lineages were punted because blacks were 'nothing but commons', and now blacks are normal again. It's a shocker, because it is happening with all sorts of eggs you wouldn't /dream/ would become commons.

I don't remember when we had our pygmies, but the AP is just now catching up to them in ratio terms. That's a huge leap, because it's been spits and other seriously common eggs for 3/4 of a /year/.

edit;;

I really wonder what knocked over the CB springs ratios, as well. It's actually scary, because we don't get them 24/7 out of a year. A few months out of a year and then they're replaced. I am positive CB autumns weren't /that/ uncommon. Or were they?

Edited by Ashes The Second

It was something that happened at the end of the winters. I couldn't breed the last ones I needed even then.... but I was doing OK when they first changed in December, and am kicking myself for working on other lineages first sad.gif I THINK there was a grabbing winters frenzy for some reason.

It was something that happened at the end of the winters. I couldn't breed the last ones I needed even then.... but I was doing OK when they first changed in December, and am kicking myself for working on other lineages first sad.gif I THINK there was a grabbing winters frenzy for some reason.

That's actually interesting, mostly because I never saw any winters this year. But I don't pay attention to dragons i'm not actively seeking out, so that may be why.

They went into Alpine; that confused a lot of people...

They went into Alpine; that confused a lot of people...

Logical guess ahead:

They went into alpine so had two places to grab them,as well as a release happening in the alpine afterwards and the direct result was more were picked up than were bred. Having so many dropping would make breeding them harder, if you think about it because the cave suddenly had to adjust for "oh more cb winters, guess we dont need to breed as much now. *poof*" With the change happening at the end of the season (beginning of this year) its affected this years ratios. Last years numbers DO NOT COUNT.

All seasonals are considered the same breed, so this years winters being out of whack would logically affect the way springs (summer/autumns) behave. I've been purposely only breeding my seasonals when people ask for them instead of attempting to flood the AP just to help increase the chances for more to drop. I gave up on my seasonal lineage I have been working on for over 3 years on account of not having bred enough winters to continue my lines next year (i would need to breed up 2 6th gens opposed to getting to 5th gen before the cut off like i normally would)

Think about the coast right now. Hardly anyone /really/ hunted there, but now you are seeing that biome move right along with the other biomes. People are picking up those eggs that before, they would never waste a slot on, to get that place moving. Winters being in the alpine during the release were picked up and hoarded/kept right along with what people were hunting. Im not collecting waters and skywings more as a result of hunting for the new ones.

Edited by Thuban