Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

After using the actions log just now to check which of my Halloween eggs I'd influenced and which I hadn't, I just had to come on and say... I love being able to do that now. So very much. I'm so thankful it was implemented!

(Hey, general happy thumbs up feedback's good from time to time too, yes? *g*)

My biggest suggestion for the cave, is new releases more often than once every couple months. I get a bit bored because 1) nothing that I want to breed for lineages or gifting - breeds very well, takes forever to get the eggs you want anymore. 2) I have tons of a lot of dragons that are prevalent in the cave these days, so hunting for something takes more time than I have.

Releases a bit more often would help that a lot. I know a lot of people on DC that have the same problem as I do. It's a great game, but it sometimes gets too slow.

I'm pretty sure a number of people said that before, but if dragons were released more often than now, a lot of people would never be able to get new eggs. Especially for people with internet and who do not have valuable dragons to trade with, they usually can take months to get a drop afterwards. (I'm sure there are some users who still don't have a CB Blusang, and some that only recently got their first pair of Golden Wyverns.)

It might be slow for some, but this at least allows the majority of people the chance to get their fill of new dragons before the next release.

I suppose this is the best thread to use for this (and it will bring it back to life anyway.)

Please can the pie thing either just become an image or link to something other than "this page cannot be found". I'd PREFER it to go to the things I baked, so I can look lovingly at them again, but....

Thank you in hope...

I suppose this is the best thread to use for this (and it will bring it back to life anyway.)

Please can the pie thing either just become an image or link to something other than "this page cannot be found". I'd PREFER it to go to the things I baked, so I can look lovingly at them again, but....

Thank you in hope...

I agree, I just clicked today hoping to see the stuff I baked

I VERY much agree. I started a thread about it awhile back, but no one official (mods/TJ) ever responded to it.

If, for whatever reason, it would be too hard to display everything we baked, then just turn it into a non-clickable icon. ANYTHING would be better then a link that takes you to an error page.

Something I think would be fairly useful to implement would be showing the cooldown of BSA dragons within the BSA filter, in a similar way to how rejected dragons show up at the bottom of a breeding list. For example, if you were to use a red to incubate, it would appear at the bottom of the BSA dragons list with its image faded out, and with the number of days cooldown left showing up next to it. Although not entirely necessary, this would save time going through each of your dragons individually to check when they're available for a BSA, maybe if you needed a pink ready to gender an egg. Just thought I'd post this in here since I wasn't sure it warranted a seperate thread.

Something I think would be fairly useful to implement would be showing the cooldown of BSA dragons within the BSA filter, in a similar way to how rejected dragons show up at the bottom of a breeding list. For example, if you were to use a red to incubate, it would appear at the bottom of the BSA dragons list with its image faded out, and with the number of days cooldown left showing up next to it. Although not entirely necessary, this would save time going through each of your dragons individually to check when they're available for a BSA, maybe if you needed a pink ready to gender an egg. Just thought I'd post this in here since I wasn't sure it warranted a seperate thread.

Could we please have this I was thinking the same thing

Doesn't the "dragons available for BSA" filter do it for you ?

(*looks* - OMG how MANY teleports have I used this week.... ! WOW !)

Thank you, TJ, for turning the pie into an image., (I wish I could see my cookery, but this is better than the dead page !)

Edited by fuzzbucket

I think the cave should just stay the same! People will disagree if we change it, no matter how we change it. So let's not change it at all! biggrin.gif If the ratios are a little messed up, then let's enjoy the metallics while we can. And, I think I know why they're messed up. Valentine's day is right around the corner, the ratios get funky before releases. tongue.gif

Doesn't the "dragons available for BSA" filter do it for you ?

(*looks* - OMG how MANY teleports have I used this week.... ! WOW !)

Thank you, TJ, for turning the pie into an image., (I wish I could see my cookery, but this is better than the dead page !)

The BSA filter only shows the dragons that are currently available for use, or at least for me it does. I was suggesting that it should also show dragons that are on cooldown with their remaining cooldown time.

The BSA filter only shows the dragons that are currently available for use, or at least for me it does. I was suggesting that it should also show dragons that are on cooldown with their remaining cooldown time.

As long as they are below ALL the available BSA dragons I don't see the harm.

But seriously, if you're chronically running out of BSAs for a breed, increase your hoard. I have enough of everything that I can never run out unless I'm doing something crazy like incu-hatching AP eggs and abandoning the hatchlings during the xmas backlog.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

As long as they are below ALL the available BSA dragons I don't see the harm.

But seriously, if you're chronically running out of BSAs for a breed, increase your hoard. I have enough of everything that I can never run out unless I'm doing something crazy like incu-hatching AP eggs and abandoning the hatchlings during the xmas backlog.

That's what I was suggesting, that they show up in the same way as rejected mates on a dragon's breeding list. Otherwise it would be messy and annoying having a bunch of unusable dragons mixed in. I just thought it might be handy in case you don't have that many BSA dragons saved up and you need to keep track of which ones are ready to use, although I understand that it wouldn't really be needed for someone with enough BSA dragons to not have to worry about this issue. Hoarding can take a while though, and I still find myself sometimes running out of pinks and reds to use.

I see the pie icon was changed. Cool, it's better than the error we were getting.

However, now my trophy icon is just an image too. I used it as a shortcut to see what my slots were for eggs and hatchlings.

Could that be changed back to a link please?

I see the pie icon was changed. Cool, it's better than the error we were getting.

However, now my trophy icon is just an image too. I used it as a shortcut to see what my slots were for eggs and hatchlings.

Could that be changed back to a link please?

My trophy icon still goes to the limits page when I click it.

Odd.

*facepalm* I was looking at my scroll as /user/ without realizing it. All of the other links work except for that one and the pie.

Ignore me, I'm a doof tonight.

My trophy icon still goes to the limits page when I click it.

Mine doesn't

WB

Mine is just an image, it can't be clicked at all, and yes, I am looking at my scroll in my view.

Mine is just an image, it can't be clicked at all, and yes, I am looking at my scroll in my view.

What - your GOLD trophy ? That's what Amut un Rama referred to - the pie is only an image now. MY gold shows my limits.

What - your GOLD trophy ? That's what Amut un Rama referred to - the pie is only an image now. MY gold shows my limits.

Ok, sorry about that, I thought we were still talking about the pie.

So I'm trying to kill a couple of my dragons (I know I know, it's rather cruel, but I inbred in my personal lineage and I don't want them around) and they've been dodging my blade. That part works fine and all, but when I go to the action log I see this:

user posted image

I think it definitely needs to be changed to "attempted to kill" instead of just "killed" because they aren't actually dead yet. It's also weird that it doesn't seem to question that I've already "killed" it and then it kept trying after that. I just want to make sure the log is being accurate.

I agree that it would make more sense to change the message to reflect unsuccessful attempts, rather than saying it was successful. As far as multiple attempts, though - do you mean several times in a row? Because only one attempt at killing per day has a chance at success. If you fail the first time, you'll keep on failing no matter how many times you try until the next day, when the chance to kill it is reset. At least that's what I've been told. ^^

Yeah, I hadn't known about the one attempt a day thing until trying so many times myself. It figures, haha. But by multiple times I do mean if it's been several days and it still hasn't worked.

I would like to suggest that the not accepting aid message be changed from

"(Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission.)"

to

"(Please note that it is against the site rules to post a user's growing creatures on another site without their permission.)"

I've always found the current message to have confusion-potential for new players, as they might get the impression that they can't even LOOK at someone else's dragons without getting in trouble, which is certainly not the case. I think the second message would make it much clearer what you're not allowed to do. I don't think there'd be any concern about it not being "roleplay" worded enough, seeing as the current sentence already makes use of the word site.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I would like to suggest that the not accepting aid message be changed from

"(Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission.)"

to

"(Please note that it is against the site rules to post a user's growing creatures on another site without their permission.)"

I've always found the current message to have confusion-potential for new players, as they might get the impression that they can't even LOOK at someone else's dragons without getting in trouble, which is certainly not the case. I think the second message would make it much clearer what you're not allowed to do. I don't think there'd be any concern about it not being "roleplay" worded enough, seeing as the current sentence already makes use of the word site.

Please post in the thread about aid messages biggrin.gif

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=140747

Not least as it could use a bump !