Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

How would lowering time remaining make them more appealing to people? In all honesty that doesn't make sense. People don't want them won't grab them just because they have less time needed.

How would lowering time remaining make them more appealing to people? In all honesty that doesn't make sense. People don't want them won't grab them just because they have less time needed.

But I have seen eggs within 4~5 days are taken off quickly.

People do snag lower time eggs quickly. But I suspect if all eggs were 6 day, everyone would go for the 5 day.

Didn't think this was important enough for its own thread but really isn't a big deal - just something that might confuse new players but they'd work it out eventually.

On the action page of the Help page, it says:

Actions

At each stage of growth, there are several actions that may be performed on an egg, hatchling, or dragon. To access a creature's actions, click on "Scroll" from the top menu, then click on the link labeled "Actions" next to the creature you want to perform an action on.

We no longer have a "scroll" page, and the link directs you to the account page, which used to be the scroll page.

So I was just thinking to change the text to "Dragons" and the link to http://dragcave.net/dragons. Minor I know laugh.gif

Actually, it seems they do. Have you ever seen an egg with three or four days left just sit in the AP? I sure as heck haven't. Not even on holidays or during releases. Even if it's only a day, when it comes to the point that I'm done hunting for the day and just need to fill my scroll until next time, I'll always take an AP egg of a breed I don't want with some time off it before I'll take a CB egg with a full 7 days. And regardless of whether I'm done hunting or not, if an egg in the AP is essentially an insta hatchie, I'll pick it up even if it's the ugliest fog dragon known to the cave. And I know I'm not the only one. Not having to devote as much time to raising the dragon serves as a trade off for not waiting for something you really wanted. It's an incentive for a lot of people.

The problem with having wild dragons incubate the eggs, in my opinion, would be that players would know they're incubated, and wouldn't be able to use their own reds to take a day off in addition. I sometimes pick up ap eggs that I know I can incubate and quickly turn into hatchlings. If I know there's already an incubate applied it would seriously affect what I'd be willing to pick up.

There was a suggestion some time ago that eggs dropped to the ap have a day taken away instead of adding any time. I did rather like that idea. That would make them more appealing, and wouldn't stop us from using our reds to take another day off.

I'll grab an ER egg over a 7 day egg every time, regardless of breed. Especially now that i'm making frozen hatchling armies from the current caveblockers. I'll grab every 3 or 4 day green, nocturne, gray, water horse or dragon horse that I see.. and I'm thinking about adding spitfires.

The idea of taking a day off of AP eggs is awesome.. that would clear the backlog quicker than anything. I'd limit it tho, and not reduce the time to less than 3 days.. one might want to Influence their new egg.

The problem with having wild dragons incubate the eggs, in my opinion, would be that players would know they're incubated, and wouldn't be able to use their own reds to take a day off in addition. I sometimes pick up ap eggs that I know I can incubate and quickly turn into hatchlings. If I know there's already an incubate applied it would seriously affect what I'd be willing to pick up.

^This. I know I would be less likely to pick up a 6 day egg if I knew there was a chance it was already incubated, and I couldn't incubate it myself. I would rather grab the CB and get it to 6 days on my own. Now if TJ made it where you could still incubate an egg that was incubated by wild dragons, then I might go for it, but I don't see that happening. Also, I am not sure why wild dragons would incubate abandoned eggs when it says that the dragons ignore the eggs because of human scent on them.

I quite like that idea too happy.gif Though, yeah, there'd have to be a limit, otherwise on the off chance a <1 day egg was abandoned, it would insta-die.

The 'no less than 3' days limit sounds good to me happy.gif

Oh yes. I fairly frequently pick up AP eggs that I wouldn't otherwise want, if they're lower time. The idea of AP eggs dropping time sounds awesome to me - and would definitely motivate me to pick up more, if I knew it'd be a hatchling quickly.

Yep, I also snag up ER or low time eggs. If I can incubate and ER it or even incubate and wait an hour or three, or even without incubating it, I'll grab it, whatever the breed, whatever I'm hunting. Especially now with egg and hatchling limits not being tied in. :3

The "cave scroll" idea is an interesting. I'd be up for a test run to see how much abuse it might garner, or how much good it just might do. :3

I don't think it can really be abused, because there's no way for the users to determine how it operates. It will always do the same thing all the time, there's no way for us toe influence it. All it will do, I guess, is its job. Whether that causes more problems than it solves remains to be seen.

Yep, I also snag up ER or low time eggs. If I can incubate and ER it or even incubate and wait an hour or three, or even without incubating it, I'll grab it, whatever the breed, whatever I'm hunting. Especially now with egg and hatchling limits not being tied in. :3

Yes - me too. If it will grow up fast - I WANT !

I can't remember if this has been said anywhere else, but I think it would be nice if I could name my Leetle Tree.

I think most of us will pick up low-time/ER eggs that will take an egg-space only briefly, even if we wouldn't otherwise bother getting more of the sprite.

I know I do, if I luck into ER eggs on the AP that I actually can catch.

I can't remember if this has been said anywhere else, but I think it would be nice if I could name my Leetle Tree.

As I recall, that is seriously tough stuff as it is technically an egg, and it would need major recoding as eggs cannot be named...

At first must confess was iffy about the how teleport be such a good idea and stood neutral supporting it when it had been discussed on the forum. Now I must admit how wonderful it is to have this BSA function around. As my schedule can be quite heptic and never around the same time as the person I'm interested making a train could only hope that on a day off they're online. The teleport BSA function has made it easier that I feel assure that they'd get the egg/hatchling without me being around or making them wait as well.

Now I'm always trying to figure out the best time a hatchling reaches its ER state. This one site that explains how it deter continues to baffle me and wish there was some kind of function that alerts the scroll if egg/hatchling reached ER status.

This was suggested before (and had lots of support), but the short answer was no. I don't recall the long answer, or I would give that to you, too. x3

I was just thinking about the whole "show breed population trends" argument, and it occurred to me that it would really boost morale if TJ posted, for instance, how many of each breed were dropped, say, last Wednesday. Not often enough for specific trends to be made out (if he's worried about reverse-engineering) but often enough that people would see, oh, there are eggs of this breed being made, etc.

I don't have time to wade through all pages to find out if this has been suggested or not.

Is there any way that if the AP is clogged to the rafters at the hourlies then either Cave Blocking be turned off for five minutes or so - OR all abandoned eggs, instead of being held til the top of the hour - be held til say, the half hour, allowing the hourlies to actually HAPPEN at :00 instead of whenever the five rows of eggs have dropped to the magic number of four?

As I recall, that is seriously tough stuff as it is technically an egg, and it would need major recoding as eggs cannot be named...

Actually, a friend of mine showed me one named egg once. It was obviously a joke egg, its parents being a pygmy and a stone dragon. The egg was actually frozen, too. (The name was something like "This would be hilarious", but I cannot find the egg any more.) So, yes, it must be possible to name eggs somehow.

Edited by olympe

That was a TJ created egg I beleive. He's able to alter things like that.

Actually, a friend of mine showed me one named egg once. It was obviously a joke egg, its parents being a pygmy and a stone dragon. The egg was actually frozen, too. (The name was something like "This would be hilarious", but I cannot find the egg any more.) So, yes, it must be possible to name eggs somehow.

I've seen that egg too and I believe it belongs to TJ. He's the only one who can freeze eggs, name eggs, and can breed a pygmy with a stone.

But if TJ can do it, it means that the ability to code things that way *is* there, and is already done for him.... So maybe it's not too far out of a possiblity for us.