TJ09

2011-05-31 - State of the Cave

Question: How long is the cooldown time for teleport? I don't find it in either this TJ's post in this thread or the other thread that's linked to this one.

Also, when there's a new release or a holiday release, will the mods announce which biomes the eggs are going to appear?

Question: How long is the cooldown time for teleport? I don't find it in either this TJ's post in this thread or the other thread that's linked to this one.

Also, when there's a new release or a holiday release, will the mods announce which biomes the eggs are going to appear?

There were several discussions that mentioned that Teleport would "probably" have a shorter turnaround (due to the number of players actively trading on a day to day basis). Don't take this as written in stone but the turnaround originally mentioned for them was a forty-eight hour cool down.

These sound pretty awesome, I can't wait to be able to use them. :D

iam looking forward to the new features, especially teleport, but i hate the new biomes thing. ninja.gif

the biomes would look cool, but reasons why is itll be much harder to catch eggs now, like rares.

with no biomes you could catch them easily becuase theyll always appere on the same page and youll have a good chance to catch them, with the biomes youll have to look though all the biomes to look for one rare egg wich could already be gone while you were checking another page. mad.gif

teleports cool becuase it will make it easyer to get rares, if you know people anyway, but people abbandoning eggs to trade of course wont abbandon them and itll be harder to get rares, even with the new rareXrare breeding. dry.gif

the biomes would look cool, but reasons why is itll be much harder to catch eggs now, like rares.

with no biomes you could catch them easily becuase theyll always appere on the same page and youll have a good chance to catch them, with the biomes youll have to look though all the biomes to look for one rare egg wich could already be gone while you were checking another page. mad.gif

TJ mentioned rares appear in all Biomes, at the same time.

TJ mentioned rares appear in all Biomes, at the same time.

Q: How will rares work in biomes?

A: Rares of the chance of dropping in any of the biomes. This doesn't mean they'll show up in all of the biomes at once. It means they can drop in any of them.

From the Help section, this thread http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117008

I know if I could have chosen something new, I would have said, "Hey, let's get the option to freeze eggs!"

Or maybe the ability to breed Dinos.

I'm so happy I'm speechless.

And I think biomes would be interesting, it'll be different but interesting.

I am really looking forward to the biomes. I think it will be really neat ^^

WB

I wonder if the Cave's design will change with the Biomes...

I think TJ mentioned in IRC a while ago about having a map on the front page or something so we can get to each biome :3

I think TJ mentioned in IRC a while ago about having a map on the front page or something so we can get to each biome :3

That sounds like the most practical way to do it. It would be good to have a comprehensive map where we can jump from place to place. I guess we really won't know until it comes out, though tongue.gif Wonder if we can still jump from place to place while in a certain biome, or if we go back to the main page first.

I wonder how people can hate something they haven't even seen or tried yet? I am looking forward to everything, especially the increased limits.

I love the idea of the biomes, it's going to be much nicer to be able to avoid those caveblocks with all one type of egg until someone picks it up.

Biomes I feel makes the game more realistic and beleivable. Plus come on, it's a brand spanking new feature. And will probably add in in making the site look super spiffy =P

I love the idea of the biomes, it's going to be much nicer to be able to avoid those caveblocks with all one type of egg until someone picks it up.

I've heard that one great advantage of the biomes will be to allow common eggs to be common again, as they'll have room in each, more limited ecology to appear as they no longer do in our current, single Cave with so many various sprites now resident there.

However, having far fewer different types of eggs and fewer people in separate biomes to pick them up seems to me more likely to add to the problem to which you refer than to alleviate it.

On the other hand, I'm often wrong, and TJ may have worked something brilliant out to prevent the Cave from blocking up with one egg type...

On the mutant 3rd hand, Murphy's Law can be seen to be clearly written on the palm...

I don't see how biomes will help that. If most breeds will only be found in one biome each (rares will appear in all, I've heard?), then we will still have the problem where, if you are hunting in the same biome where balloons drop (for instance), it's very possible to have three balloons drop at the same time. I don't see how biomes will change that.

I honestly think biomes will make some things a lot harder. But I don't know, maybe it will all work out.

Love the Biomes tongue.gif

I cannot wait xd.png

I don't see how biomes will help that. If most breeds will only be found in one biome each (rares will appear in all, I've heard?), then we will still have the problem where, if you are hunting in the same biome where balloons drop (for instance), it's very possible to have three balloons drop at the same time. I don't see how biomes will change that.

I honestly think biomes will make some things a lot harder. But I don't know, maybe it will all work out.

Except if one biome is blocked by balloons for a time you can move to another to look for CBs, and by the time you wander back to that biome there's a good chance of it being cleared out and moving again.

*madness on cue* >D

Just in time for me getting home from my trip, too! Convenience. Gotta love it. <3

Yay for the biomes' map! biggrin.gif

But, if the main site will not be a cave anymore but a world, DragonCave will became DragonWorld?

The thing I most love of biomes is that eggs with the same description will be now split in different biomes so, as example, if I'm catching Pinks I'll not get Flamingos!