TJ09

2011-05-31 - State of the Cave

YES!!! I've been wondering when the rareXrare would be coming out! As well as the Refusals in breedings. ;D Thank you so much TJ! <3

I've got to say that pinks WILL start to overflow the AP and we'll have another disaster similar to the black eggs a few months (?) ago. cuz of the rarexrare breeding. I mean, couldn't they have some more variety on what other commons they produce?

I've got to say that pinks WILL start to overflow the AP and we'll have another disaster similar to the black eggs a few months (?) ago. cuz of the rarexrare breeding. I mean, couldn't they have some more variety on what other commons they produce?

What things makes you think about this? blink.gif

Well, if this will really happen, call me! I'll be really happy to clear the AP from all the not inbred little Pink eggs! biggrin.gif

Oh YES! Barely can wait for teleport. Have had this insane longing for it ever since I first heard about it [a rather long time ago] biggrin.gif

Thanks TJ, can hardly wait for the week to pass. Hope it passes quickly.

Yes, just, YES

We have activity week at school so the time will go fast.. YES~

Hi, Brisingrlover,

if you're worried that breeding two rares will create any breed of dragon other than those involved, don't. smile.gif

There will be only a VERY slim chance of one of the parent breeds being produced, and otherwise nothing at all.

This will help REDUCE wrong-egg results in relation to the amount of rare/rare breedin attempted, so that there will be that many fewer lineaged commons abandoned to the AP. biggrin.gif

Edit: belatedly realized that this might come off sounding more like a lecture than the reassurance this was intended to be, so added smilies.

Edited by Syphoneira

I have a question regarding the refusals thing.

I had a couple of lifemated hellfire wyverns that refused each other. After their refusal, I tried mating them together just for the heck of it, and got one or two "don't show much interest", followed by a couple "no eggs produced", and finally they DID produce an egg together post-refusal.

Once the refusal thing goes into effect, will they be forever off each other's list because they refused once? Or will they still mate together, since they have successfully mated since then?

Other than that, YAY and THANKS for putting these updates in action and letting us know when they'll go into effect!

I have a question regarding the refusals thing.

I had a couple of lifemated hellfire wyverns that refused each other. After their refusal, I tried mating them together just for the heck of it, and got one or two "don't show much interest", followed by a couple "no eggs produced", and finally they DID produce an egg together post-refusal.

Once the refusal thing goes into effect, will they be forever off each other's list because they refused once? Or will they still mate together, since they have successfully mated since then?

Other than that, YAY and THANKS for putting these updates in action and letting us know when they'll go into effect!

Socky's answering questions like that here, where they aren't buried and overlooked.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117008

Blasted puter keeps freezing up and this'll be 6 pages later, lol.

*headdesks* For some reason I had it stuck in my head that Thursday was last night.

*sets out brownies for everyone to nom while we wait the extra week*

Thanks, TJ! cool.gif

*gapes* ZOMG, this is exciting. Thanks, TJ, for the awesome updates! Can't wait! *squee*

~Feathers

so happy, but i haven't scroll.

I am so impatient for the updates I keep looking at this page to see if they came yet.

Please don't have seizures whether they are happy or not. Some people around here actually have that medical condition and it is uncomfortable for them to read about someone having a 'happy' one. That's all I am going to say. Thank you. *hugs*

I second that. I, myself, have epilepsy and it is uncontrolled - been trying for years to get it under control. So yeah, to me, no such thing as a happy seizure. I understand the sentiment behind it, tho.

Way awesome news, for sure. I'm excited about the teleport part because the majority of my dragons are CB or 2nd gen or are even gen with a pretty family tree. Some people have already gotten some of my eggs that I happily dropped in AP, knowing that it isn't always easy to get pretty lineaged eggs. smile.gif

Absolutely LOVE the upcoming higher limits. I love breeding, grabbing CB eggs, so this will be one very useful feature for me.

The others, I don't know yet, about how to react to them, lol. I do like the idea of separate APs in biodomes, but... not sure how TJ has planned it out.

Whatever happens, I know the next two weeks will be a very crazy time for TJ as he implements the new features and double, triple checks that glitches are not there. Never know, the Glitch Dragon might rear its head and make a mess... tongue.gif

All in all, I have many thanks for TJ and I just know TJ really really appreciates seeing all these excited posts thanking him. It's posts like those that probably encourage him to keep updating the DC, keep it fun for all of you.

Thank you for your excited postings. I'm not TJ, but even so, they ARE great to read through. smile.gif

If someone else asked this and someone else answered, then excuse my ignorance.

What is the biomes thing?

Edit:

Nevermind.

Edited by Midnigh7_Ki7sune

Why do you think this will cause an overabundance of pink dragons?

I'm, personally, holding off on breeding all my golds and silvers and waiting for the fertility bsa to come online. During the drought they haven't bred at all so I'll be deliriously happy to even give them a fighting chance to produce some eggs. Same goes for my stripes and blacks. biggrin.gif

YAY!!!! wait...will past breeding trys not be listed?

Edit: got it. never mind. I might just cancel all plans I have with my boyfriend (may not be at the end of today) to stay here and get some new eggs. smile.gif I can have 6!

Edited by libby2999

Why do you think this will cause an overabundance of pink dragons?

Yeah, this makes no sense at all. If anything, I predict a pink shortage, since the increased egg limits will mean that many people will need more pinks per week than they currently do.

HOORAY FOR TELEPORT!!! WOOPEEEE!!!

Soon I can gift random people that I feel like gifting. :3

YAY!!!! wait...will past breeding trys not be listed?

Edit: got it. never mind. I might just cancel all plans I have with my boyfriend (may not be at the end of today) to stay here and get some new eggs. smile.gif I can have 6!

Lol, might as well keep your boyfriend and come back when the worst of the rush is over, as I'll bet virtually everyone in the DC world will be feverishly trying to lock themselves to their new capacity.

Despite all our promises to ourselves not to do just that.

Does anybody know if the Drops will be increased due to the biomes and the extra room we'll have?

Or are we expected to make it up on bred dragons?

Guess I should be posting this in the questions thread I just posted in...