TJ09

2011-05-31 - State of the Cave

I must be a total dork, but the thing I'm most excited for is biomes. It adds more reality for me, to see where the dragons come from. (Hoping for pretty pictures of each biome, I love piddy pic-a-tures.) Plus I'll be able to look for the specific eggs... which I like. I want to collect certain ones and not have to rifle through all the others.

A-yup. I'm hoping things like Pinks and Flamingos will be in different biomes. It'll make hunting ever so much easier. :3 Highly excited for that.

I like the updates, but I'm not so excited about teleport. Now it will be impossible to get a rare in the ac.

I like the updates, but I'm not so excited about teleport. Now it will be impossible to get a rare in the ac.

Not so, myself and many others will continue to drop extra rares into the AP.

and, when you catch them they won't be LIT !

Not so, myself and many others will continue to drop extra rares into the AP.

and, when you catch them they won't be LIT !

Lol hooray! I'd hate to snatch up an egg only to find that it was a LIT (at least it hasn't happened to me before, to the best of my knowledge). Haha I never could catch a rare anyway, though. smile.gif The ones I have are gifts from a very nice user.

Don't be so sure; people *do* decide to drop bred eggs, or gift them out.

I'm looking forward to teleport; it'll be easier to use the Giving Tree, and other threads, without worrying about scheduling when the person who wants the egg lives halfway around the world.

Don't be so sure; people *do* decide to drop bred eggs, or gift them out.

I'm looking forward to teleport; it'll be easier to use the Giving Tree, and other threads, without worrying about scheduling when the person who wants the egg lives halfway around the world.

*waves madly at GathersScrolls* Long time no see!

I could see where that would be true, too. It would be great to gift out using threads like the Giving Tree now that teleport will be in place. I'd like to give back to everyone who was generous, and help out others who are just starting out on collecting! tongue.gif

seems like you gave us 7 allowed as a celebration.

I also like dropping some eggs - my eggs usually have pretty lineages and I like seeing others have a nice start. smile.gif

With the new renaming action - I'm going to be renaming my dragons so all have one name, as that's more soothing to me, but that's just me. I use roman numerals to signify what generation, as well, which pretty much makes it easy to get any name I want, lol.

Totally! I was scared of trading, but with teleporting, I'm going to have fun breeding and gifting. smile.gif

I also like dropping some eggs - my eggs usually have pretty lineages and I like seeing others have a nice start. smile.gif

With the new renaming action - I'm going to be renaming my dragons so all have one name, as that's more soothing to me, but that's just me. I use roman numerals to signify what generation, as well, which pretty much makes it easy to get any name I want, lol.

I may very well be misunderstanding your post, as I do have a knack in that direction, lol, but just in case, I thought I'd check to be sure you knew that the renaming ability had been around for a while and that you could be starting on it already, if you chose.

That Roman numeral thing to indicate gens is pretty darned clever, and will look nice, as well.

To continue the wide-spread reassurance by others to AP hunters: lots of us drop nice things directly into the AP, some doing this with regularity, some from time to time, some when the eggs in the AP thin out or dry up...

They do tend to disappear rather quickly, though, lol, while the less desirable eggs boomerang around for more extended periods as people check them out and drop them back, making themselves very evident, while wanted-type eggs are more typically snapped up and kept.

So probably far more nice eggs are dropped as a surprise to AP hunters than people are generally aware of.

I don't trade/gift that often so Teleport isn't a huge thing for me (and I used to be very vocally against it, way back when it was just a suggestion), but I understand how great it will be to people who have lost trades. I will be one of the people breeding rares/uncommons to drop into the AP.

I'm a little iffy about the biomes, just because I know it will be a huge change and it'll take awhile to get used to it. Hunting in one cave seems really easy compared to hunting in multiple different caves.

But I'm excited about Fertility, of course, and about the egg/hatchie limits. I'm going to try to be disciplined and not constantly lock myself with the new maximum, but... smile.gif

Yaay, excited! I think biomes and rare x rare breeding are the two I'm looking forward to the most. c:

... I'm going to try to be disciplined and not constantly lock myself with the new maximum, but... smile.gif

What I like about the new maxima (as I understand it) is that it will make "incubate" much more valuable, as well as simplifying the mental calculus for balancing eggs and hatchlings.

No more "should I abandon one hatchling, but earn 4 potentially cave-born eggs in its place?"

This is the best news I've had all week. (Does that mean my life is pretty pathetic?)

Anyways, I'm very grateful for teleport after my last lost silver eggie recently. This will be amazing!!!!

Thankyou TJ (I also noticed cavedrops are back! smile.gif

This is my reaction for finally getting Teleport:

user posted image

Dancing Ood ftw. I'm really really excited about Teleport. Now my friggen internet speed won't matter as I can't lose anymore eggs! I'm so excited! =D

Also excited for the extra features. ZOMGGGGGGG.

At the moment we are told we can breed and get up to 4 eggs - but that was disabled and we only ever get one - if we are lucky - but the script wasn't removed or changed to reflect this outcome.

Just wondering if fertility will work in getting more eggs per breeding or if it will just increase our chances of producing still one egg (and if the misleading script will be changed)

It would be cool if we got 2 eggs, then we can keep one and AP the other.

This is my reaction for finally getting Teleport:

user posted image

Dancing Ood ftw. I'm really really excited about Teleport. Now my friggen internet speed won't matter as I can't lose anymore eggs! I'm so excited! =D

Also excited for the extra features. ZOMGGGGGGG.

This. Made me happy. xd.png

I had to reply and say so...made my night just about!