TJ09

2011-05-31 - State of the Cave

I'm going to look for CB Blacks then right away x3

I think the problem with CB blacks is more one of overbreeding, so no room left in the ratios for CBs. Biomes are not likely to help that. Rare x rare breeding might help, though, since many people pair their blacks with gold or silver and some might now choose rare mates instead of the black.

I think the problem with CB blacks is more one of overbreeding, so no room left in the ratios for CBs. Biomes are not likely to help that. Rare x rare breeding might help, though, since many people pair their blacks with gold or silver and some might now choose rare mates instead of the black.

Rare x Rare will help also to clear the AP, decreasing the number of "failed rare" eggs biggrin.gif

I can't not say that I would love to see more CB Blacks, in around a year I have seen only two of them during my cave catching.

I'm very excited about Teleport and the egg and hatchling limits! It'll be a lot easier trading with people and my collection can grow even more with the limits.

I cant remember if i asked this already but will Neglected Experiments be affected by the teleport? Im veery excited about the new limits! smile.gif

I don't see how biomes will help that. If most breeds will only be found in one biome each (rares will appear in all, I've heard?), then we will still have the problem where, if you are hunting in the same biome where balloons drop (for instance), it's very possible to have three balloons drop at the same time. I don't see how biomes will change that.

I honestly think biomes will make some things a lot harder. But I don't know, maybe it will all work out.

I don't mean in regards to the event happening.

I was referring to how if one biome is blocked up, you can simply move to another :3

Code ??? o.O

i didn't get the code... it's hard to see codes on DDF... i will look on the Wiki... it wasn't a neglected though. just curiouser and curiouser.... blink.gif

No more trades at 1 AM, finally. Thanks for this!

Agreed! xd.png Or one time, 5 am .__. but I was up anyway for that one, so it kinda doesn't count I guess tongue.gif

Hmm... I just remembered SPS mentioned awhile back that there were plans to make the Christmas trees interactive again. I'm really hoping right now that that's one of the unannounced changes. That would be so awesome! x)

ah HA!!!!! here's what i saw on the clicking site:

user posted image

cool.gif cool.

The thing I most love of biomes is that eggs with the same description will be now split in different biomes so, as example, if I'm catching Pinks I'll not get Flamingos!

This. I've never been a big fan of playing Russian roulette with eggs that share a description... I'm hoping biomes will make stripes, pinks, etc. easier to catch (or at least make it so I don't have to wait 5 hours between attempts, lol).

I wonder how people can hate something they haven't even seen or tried yet? I am looking forward to everything, especially the increased limits.

I'm with Anna. I'm looking forward to everything. Changes will take a while to get used to but that keeps life interesting.

I am very much looking forward to this, especially the new limits. I may actually trade now that there's teleport. I imagine it will make trading WAY easier.

biggrin.gif

I'm thinking/hoping flamingo wyverns will be a 'water' biome dragon, since IRL flamingos live in shallow lakes. Hope the 'egg has strange markings' will be split up as well...

Can't wait to see how biomes will work, and how many different ones there will be.

I don't mean in regards to the event happening.

I was referring to how if one biome is blocked up, you can simply move to another :3

Lol, I can see it now - an endless stream of us all circling frantically among the biomes, all looking for one not blocked by 3 ????? eggs, all of us not picking up anything, until we all get dizzy and fall over on the eggs we have, making omelettes...

I can hear myself now:

Hey, I'm not wandering away with one of those - it'll lock me for 5 hours!

I'll try here, again, and there...

But it'll change over at the hourly...

does anyone know which biome(s) day/night glories will be in? because you will see me there 24/7 biggrin.gif

oh, i like the map idea, but will there be a separate AP for each biome? or not?

when we find out which dragons go in which biome, i'm gonna have to make a list xd.png

OOOH! I con't wait! I will miss the old cave, though. sad.gif

Edited by Kellach

OOOH! I con't wait! I will miss the old cave, though. sad.gif

Well, yeah. A complete change after years is a bit upsetting. I think I'll take screenshots and save 'em xd.png

Well, yeah. A complete change after years is a bit upsetting. I think I'll take screenshots and save 'em xd.png

Good idea! I'll probably end up making an album.

Haha, me too! i wasnt here for the original, but i have experienced a lot of the things that now will change *tears* oh, look at me, getting all emotional! but, hey, this is my life, dragons :]