DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have 1 Silver and 1 Gold, both gifts. biggrin.gif

Oh and if anyone can tell me how to get a Neglected, please PM me.

Thanks to a VERY generous glomp gifter, I now have one of each colour, and I've just bred a Silver Tinsel egg.

Edited by Angelrc22

I got glomped with a Gold Tinsel egg. HOW AWESOME IS THAT? biggrin.gif (And I'm quite a newbie, only have 20 dragons.)

37 Bronze 6 8 are frozen .... and 2, if they hatch before claimed, will be frozen

23 Silver 2 are frozen

9 Gold 1 is frozen

Edited by Merenwen

One Gold - a 13th gen Gold Epica descendant.

Four Silvers - Two of them are children of my first 5th gen stair Silver from Penk's line. The other is a 7th gen stair Inextrica descendant.

Five Bronzes - My first descends from Alcoholic, Brazen Zalvaris CB, Hypnotizing and Bronze Ivy, a very pretty even 5th gen. My second is from Antihypertensive, 8th gen meandering staircase. My third is an 8th gen stair from Bronze Ivy. My 4th is an almost even 7th gen Whovian Dorkface from Tanoth the Dragon King and Alexandria Aurelix. My fifth is a frozen s2 hatchling, a messy 10th gen Thuwed with dead ancestors whose Tinsel ancestors are Erno and Cayvyn.

wub.gif

I now have: 4 Golds (with two IOUs on the way soon-ish,) 9 Silvers, and 11 Bronzes.

I finally have a gold tinsel that is a 7th generation descendant of Midas Dorkface. I don't care how big his lineage is, I'm happy to finally have one! I offered a cb purple egg for the tinsel, and they accepted my offer.

I also have a silver tinsel that is an 11th generation descendant of Penk. The person who gave this egg to me was asking for some hatchlings for zombie fodder. I really appreciate this person allowing me to have the silver tinsel!

And I have a bronze tinsel. He is an 8th generation descendant of the f-bomb tinsel. Someone last year was giving me (through the OLD way of giving an egg away) a gold egg, but someone else caught it. The said that when the dragon gave a gold egg, they would let me have it, but this dragon is not giving any gold eggs. The owner contacted me and offered the bronze tinsel instead, and I happily accepted.

I was really wondering if I would ever have any tinsels. I only wanted them because I wanted them. I'm now looking for some way to get a (regular) gold egg.

To me it seems that Tinsels are almost too wide spread. I don't want others to not be able to get them, but almost every new player I see that is getting gifts to start them off has at least one, and many with more, Tinsel. Its not uncommon to see scrolls several pages long with tinsel after tinsel.

I would like to see some sort of change to make it a little more difficult. Something like 2 week breeding waits, or require fertility magic on both tinsel and mate due to lowered fertility for whatever reason.

I like tinsels, but its less fun when they are almost as common as the current cave blockers.

I have 11 tinsels right now; 5 bronze, 5 silver and 1 gold. I was gifted 3, the rest I swapped for or caught from the AP. One I had intended as a gift but it was an ER catch and grew up before the person came online to receive it. I'll keep my eye out for another gold as I'd like to have a pair, need a male to go with my female for collecting purposes.

As far as breeding goes, I tend to get tinsels or nothing. I've produced one tinselfail from mine, ever. Makes for some pretty epic progeny lists, at least but on the downside they simply don't produce much. I don't breed them much anyways since most of them have longer lines and it's gotten to the point where I can't find people to give them away to because everyone wants 2-4th gen tinsels now.

I'm getting tired of seeing tinsels everywhere in trading threads. In my mind at least tinsels lost their ultra rare status awhile ago but people still act as though they are. Almost every trade offer I put up, I get at least one long, messy-lineaged tinsel as an offer even when I'm looking for something specific, like say whiptail hatchlings for a lineage project. I'm so glad I can decline them now lol. I wish I could send a little message attached to the decline saying no, tinsels will not 'buy' you everything, so stop offering them on every trade you see.

Granted, sometimes on a whim if I'm not outright gifting mine I'll look for someone with something dirt common looking to trade for nothing specific and I'll offer a nice, relatively low-gen tinsel. biggrin.gif When I'm not lurking in the wishlist thread waiting for someone to put up a list with non-specific tinsels on it anyways. I don't bother putting mine up for trade at all since I know I won't get anything for any of mine except offspring of my gold.

I agree, tinsels have become quite common, probably too common.

2nd or 3rd gen ones are always very wanted, but if you have a "classic" 7-8th gen staistep or even gen you are lucky if you can get a random common hatchie in a trade. This because everyone offer tinsels now.

Personally, I think it's great that there's something people can gift and get that's welcome and makes them happy.

I love it that I can actually breed and share something nice with others - and pretty much stop breeding my longest/messiest-lineaged Tinsels to breed the shorter/nicer-lineaged ones, the nicest of which simply don't seem to want to produce...

As far as I know, the site's about collecting dragons one wants, not just about trade values or getting dragons other people can't.

Low-gen Tinsels ARE still rare and it's hard breeding almost everything else that isn't an uber-common - honestly, I feel that the game would be much too discouraging for slower people without something like this.

Tinsels are fun to give and get for most of us, and those who have enough or are concerned with trade values are free to focus on something else more difficult to obtain that, under current circumstances, many may never get in CB or even 2nd gen.

We already have too many of the latter, in my opinion...

Yes, they're fairly easy to get now. I have at least one of each color, and raising a second generation bronze at the moment.

Tinsels can never be too common, as far as I'm concerned. It's nice having something shiny that you don't have to sacrifice an arm and a leg to get, and to have something on the scroll that actually breeds! I have a few of all three now, and I love seeing the shininess on my scroll.

Edited by Goslander

I love the Tinsel sprite, and now have all three on my scroll, even after waiting over six months to get my first one. At this point I have ten, 1 Gold, 4 Silvers, 5 Bronze, but apart from a lower gen gold, or an offered 2nd-3rd gen of any of them (none of which I am actively seeking) I won't go out of my way to look for any more. I have other goals for my scroll, and the Tinsel frenzy is over for me.

My first Bronze and my Gold were both gifted to me through the tinsel gifting thread, but it took a little time to find someone who meets the list criteria when I wanted to gift back to the thread, both for my original Bronze pair, and my recent Gold. They do seem to be everywhere at this point, and so many people seem so obsessed with them to the point where it's hard to find a trade that doesn't involve Tinsels. At least, they are still pretty to see. The sprites are so well done!

I have two of every color, but they don't have good lineages sad.gif and 3/6 won't breed with anybody and give me shinies to trade.

Those saying people just want CB Metals and Hollies, I'm not one of them, for my good lineaged offspring, I ask for two CB common eggs, and that's how I get mine :3

I now have three each of bronze and silver and one gold. I am also waiting on two IOU's, one for a silver and the other for a bronze.

I haven't really been actively collecting them so I only have a Silver so far (and it's great!).

I wish it'd be a little harder to get them to breed true. They're way too common now.