DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I figure I should update my list as well...

Gold - 4

Silver - 5

Bronze - 6 (including a hatchie)

Gold - 9

Silver - 30

Bronze - 19

I have so many, I can't even breed them all - I get too locked too fast. I might start dropping random tinsels to the AP.

Err

I only have a bronze ;.;

Could someone be so kind and add me on their gifting list?

My friend found 2 tinsels in the ap

so jelly

I just got my first gold, so now I have one bronze, one gold and two silvers. smile.gif

Adults ( I have some hatchies as of now):

12 Golds

25 Silvers

21 Bronze

And I got my first Tinsel May 01, 2011

Well, my gold tinsel grew up, and she didn't refuse her mate... but they didn't produce anything, not even a tinsel fail.

Just wondering if people's dragons are as prolific as mine. they tend to produce a shiny every other egg. These guys are making think they're starting to become uncommon and not so much rare, which is fine by me.

Just wondering if people's dragons are as prolific as mine. they tend to produce a shiny every other egg. These guys are making think they're starting to become uncommon and not so much rare, which is fine by me.

I bred 6 tinsels today to just get one so mine aren't very prolific, especially the golds (they just keep spitting out terraes) smile.gif .

I bred 3 today & had another 2 give nothing, mine seem to give a few eggs & then take a couple of weeks off before they give more. Although over the last couple of days I've been so locked that my breeding was rather set back, had no less than 8 tinsels at one point that had not been bred.

I got my first tinsel on March 16th.

I have 45 tinsels in total (including frozen)

I bred 6 tinsels today to just get one so mine aren't very prolific, especially the golds (they just keep spitting out terraes) smile.gif .

After saying this, I went back and bred two silvers that I now had room for and got two silver tinsels.

I now have 3 bronze, 5 silver, and 2 gold. My best lineaged one is one of my golds. I feel like I got a totally lucky trade there <3 I'm finding that they are getting easier to trade for. I got a silver tinsel from Penk for a CB nilia pygmy and one other hatchling.

One of mine has yet to produce anything out of 10 tries;

another, one out of 9 tries;

another, 2 out of 9 breedings;

a really long-lineaged one, 4 out of 9;

another, 3 of 8 attempts, but I suspect that it was only that high because the page jumped and I clicked on the wrong mate for one of them, lol;

another, 2 in 8 attempts;

another, none in 8 attempts;

and so forth... although maybe the younger crowd will want to get in on the gifting as they grow up... Puhleeeeese?

Edit: probably not - one just grew up and produced a common egg, lol.

Edited by Syphoneira

I have one Bronze that was gifted to me. On a whim, I'd added a Tinsel to the wishlist in my sig, thinking that ever getting one would be a very long shot, but a nice person gave me him without asking anything in return. smile.gif Out of two breedings with my alt. Black, I have one tinselfail Black, and one 'didn't show much interest in each other'. dry.gif

Updateeee.

I got my first tinsel on the 31st of August. I now have three - one gold, one silver, one bronze. Currently working on a couple of IOUs and intend at least one more (really, really want a tinsel from a specific progenitor tongue.gif).

I'll start breeding them for trades, tinsel swaps and gifts after these are bowled over. Just want to knock over these three I've already zoned in on first. smile.gif

I finally have some tinsels, 6 bronze - 3 gifted, 1 traded for and 2 home bred which I kept (2 others passed on as a gift) and 1 gold which was glomped on me xd.png

Regarding the prevalence of gifting and the decline some have mentioned of trade value:

At the moment, my scroll looks like a Christmas tree, loaded with Tinsels.

Of the 7 ohmy.gif growing Tinsels on my scroll, blink.gif

One was bred to gift someone on a list

One came in from a trade

One was a miraculous AP catch (apparently dropped as a random gift) which has now in turn been offered as a gift to someone having trouble getting online just now,

The others are gifts that were made to me.

Mine may not seem very interested in breeding, but as the numbers increase that I have to try with, I do get several Tinsel eggs a week, all but one of which have been gifted.

There seem to be a lot of people predominately or exclusively gifting their bred Tinsel eggs, and I and many others fail to see any problem with everyone having some.

CBs remain exclusive, short-gens hard to obtain, but some of the problems with the shortage of metallics ARE considerably alleviated for many by the general acquisition rate of Tinsels, even if this doesn't solve metallic-dependent lineage issues.

And when it's considered that someone with a slow computer has been given the opportunity to gift desirable eggs almost entirely through the generosity of others, this really says something about human values and those of community it would be a pity to forestall in the interest of maintaining high trade values.

After saying this, I went back and bred two silvers that I now had room for and got two silver tinsels.

That's funny, because I've been rather discouraged with my Tinsel reproduction rate, and today, 2 of the 3 I've bred bred produced Tinsels which have been successfully gifted.

The secret to success is evidently to post that yours don't breed very well; engage their pride/contrarian spirits, perhaps?

That's funny, because I've been rather discouraged with my Tinsel reproduction rate, and today, 2 of the 3 I've bred bred produced Tinsels which have been successfully gifted.

The secret to success is evidently to post that yours don't breed very well; engage their pride/contrarian spirits, perhaps?

My bronzes I bred today, all gave no egg or the non-tinsel egg. smile.gif (Maybe now since I've complained, they'll bred better).