DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Probably a dumb question, but...can tinsels mate with each other?

Yes. They can. smile.gif

Oh, they can? So they're not counted as rares? (Or did the rare x rare breeding become possible now. I'm still getting used to the new features.)

Okay, that means it might be possible for me yet. If I manage to get a silver tinsel, I can barter the offspring for a gold.....

Oh, they can?  So they're not counted as rares?  (Or did the rare x rare breeding become possible now.  I'm still getting used to the new features.)

Okay, that means it might be possible for me yet.  If I manage to get a silver tinsel, I can barter the offspring for a gold.....

Rare x Rare breeding is now possible. TJ started it a while back.

edit: I've seen several tinsel x tinsel pairings lately. Even gen tinsel x tinsel are especially pretty.

Edited by rubyshoes

I now have

Gold: 4

Silver: 3

Bronze: 5

It seems to me as if there are not intended to be rare, there are so many in such a short a time....they breed well and even on TGT you wait for someone requesting one....

I now have two adult female bronzes and one Silver that is still an egg.

Well I now have 3 silvers, 2 bronze and 1 gold tinsel. The silvers are inbred though and I'd love to get one that isn't but other than that I'm thrilled to finally have all three tinsel colours biggrin.gif

Edited by jewel21

It seems to me as if there are not intended to be rare, there are so many in such a short a time....they breed well and even on TGT you wait for someone requesting one....

I've got the same feeling, and I think, at least the bronzes, are starting to get really common. I have had no trouble breeding mine and the last few weeks have had several eggs for trade that I didn't even get offers on. People are starting to be really picky about lineages I think.

I've got the same feeling, and I think, at least the bronzes, are starting to get really common. I have had no trouble breeding mine and the last few weeks have had several eggs for trade that I didn't even get offers on. People are starting to be really picky about lineages I think.

Agreed.

I don't even bother trading them anymore. All of my nicely lined or shorter Gen Tinsels won't produce anything so I just abandon most of my Tinsels anymore.

I had a seventh gen, bronze tinsel, descendant from F-Bomb, and a nice, 4th, even gen BBW with swallowtail, up for trade.

I traded the BBW.

I don't even have offers on the tinsel, and I'm not asking for anything ridiculous! tongue.gif

There are just too many of them at this point, and I'm still missing a gold.

I now have at least one of each tinsel colour, which is pretty good considering my first tinsel I got was about a month ago around Sept 4 or 5 - have two bronze, two silver and one gold. biggrin.gif

Breeding them so far managed to get one bronze tinsel egg, two purple eggs and all other breedings were no egg.

I agree with you, DragonNighthowler.

I have:

Bronze- 6

Silver- 4

Gold- 2

Far more than I had several weeks ago.

Edited by emerald7fire

I have a total of 75 tinsels o.o

They seem to be fairly common now... xd.png I tend to breed mine and drop them to the AP. I have far to many to breed and keep. o.0'

I have 7 Tinsel's now. Two Gold, two Silver and Three Bronze.

It would be interested to see the votes if the poll was reset now. It's been a while since it was last reset.

It was kind of funny for me - I started off in the Tinsel gifting thread & hit a lucky spot for a Bronze.

Within a week or so, I ran across someone looking for a not-too-pricey trade on an inbred Bronze (I think I traded 2 commons/Nebula/Stripe something like that). Within another week, someone glomped me a Gold tinsel, which was completely awesome & unexpected.

Last week, I managed to catch 3 CB White Stripes almost back-to-back, and traded one to someone for a very nice Silver.

It's really not too difficult to find someone looking for non-outrageous stuff to trade for their Tinsels (I've seen people looking for CB Reds & Pinks, even-gens to match their even-gens, things like that). Definitely checking the EATW Dragon Market is worth it - right now someone's looking to trade Tinsels for relatively common hatchlings.

Unfortunately for me... my adult Bronzes will not breed true, and I don't know how to fix that!!! mad.gif I'm like, how am I gonna pay off my debt to the Tinsel gifting thread if one of these dragons won't cooperate? It's like owing the Godfather a unicorn, lol.

My own single Bronze tinsel has not bred for me at all. I've bred it four times since I got it and I've either gotten no interest or an egg of the mate's breed, sunset eggs. Though honestly I've been trying a little harder trying to get a few more alt vines, a GoN, and some neglecteds before getting serious about the tinsel thing.

I had no tinsels about two months ago, then I stumbled upon the Tinsel Gifting Thread. Now I have a silver and three bronzes; one from the thread, one from breeding and one from the AP. Soon I will be added to the gold list.

My own single Bronze tinsel has not bred for me at all. I've bred it four times since I got it and I've either gotten no interest or an egg of the mate's breed, sunset eggs. Though honestly I've been trying a little harder trying to get a few more alt vines, a GoN, and some neglecteds before getting serious about the tinsel thing.

What time do you breed? Breading on Sunday at about 2:00 DC time has worked for me.

Edited by Lady_DragonRider

A few months ago I was trying desperately to get a Tinsel. Then I joined the TGT and got a Bronze, but after that, it suddenly became a lot easier to get Tinsels. I was able to easily trade for a Silver and then got a Gold from the TGT. Now, Tinsels are clearly a lot more common than they were, but people still overvalue them when they try to trade them, and thus get no offers xd.png. I feel like Tinsels are more common than Cheeses at this point.

I have all of my tinsels at this moment, I'll probably be breeding them for the more 'common' dragons on my wishlist, probably only trade for hatchlings only though since I normally don't have room for eggs.

I have all three now, 1 - 4 - 2, interestingly enough, all 7 are male (because of lineages). I'm having real problems getting any "nice" tinsels, though. I think my best ones are like 7th generation, and very few are "correctly" bred for a neat lineage. But I'm getting better -- one perfect stairstep, and now a spiral Penk (though 12th generation)…