DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am updating my list

3 Bronzes

3 Silvers

1 Gold

when this thread started I have no tinsels. I was glomped by gold tinsel before poll restart. then I got bronze tinsel from one great guy. he was gifitng tinsel egg and I was all like I want it! but I was apperantly ninjaed. then he PMed me later saying that im next on list and giving me tinsel :3

and then I got silver tinsel from very generous person. same thing, I PMed them when I saw in the siggy that breeding list is open. I thought I will not get on it in time but I did xd.png

so, the point is, you shouldn't just stand there hoping someone will glomp you with something (like I did in beggining). look at siggies, profiles etc. for breeding lists, go to irc, look for some easy trades. you could get a tinsel in no time! you just need to try! biggrin.gif

meow :3

Edited by dreamgirl5

I agree with dreamgirls.

Another way is to just hang out and make some friends, get to know people! I got my first ever tinsel, a silver, from the birthday event Grishiu started. i was sooo happy.

sometimes its better to be pro-active!

I currently have one bronze tinsel. Hopefully I'm going to move up the lists in the Gifts of tinsel thread and have silvers and golds in a couple of weeks. happy.gif

I agree with dreamgirls.

Another way is to just hang out and make some friends, get to know people! I got my first ever tinsel, a silver, from the birthday event Grishiu started. i was sooo happy.

sometimes its better to be pro-active!

the bronze tinsel I got from friend. and from good timing xd.png and many friends gave me many things. you can try wisit CPA. post there and you will constantly have TON of friends xd.png

ohh I remember that! (I was sooo jelaous until I got my silver tinsel *huggles little hatchi* xd.png) I got two nebulas then biggrin.gif

I totally agree with you biggrin.gif

When this thread first started I had no Tinsels. Then I was lucky to get a lovely Bronze that was FFA'd in the IRC chat. My sole Silver I got as a surprising trade offer for two eggs I obviously didn't deem as valuable as the person who wanted them. wub.gif

Now I'm only short a Gold and I'll have all the colors.

So, to those who don't have a Tinsel yet: all you need is a little patience. You'll get that shiny egg eventually. smile.gif

I had tried to get a tinsel for a while but was not having any success in the AP and I didn't really know anyone or had anything deemed valuable enough to trade for. I signed up for the Tinsel Gifting thread and now I have a bronze hatchie! I really think that if you want a tinsel enough, you will be able to get one. Just don't give up and keep looking.

I wish I could use the Tinsel Breeding thread. Unfortunately, I have set rules on breeding the dragons on my scroll, as I prefer the dragons on my scroll to have permanent mates. While I do have a bronze, I am at a loss to who to breed her with, since there are a few dragons I had no intention of giving a mate to.

I wish I could use the Tinsel Breeding thread. Unfortunately, I have set rules on breeding the dragons on my scroll, as I prefer the dragons on my scroll to have permanent mates. While I do have a bronze, I am at a loss to who to breed her with, since there are a few dragons I had no intention of giving a mate to.

Oh, I use monogamous mates too - makes it much less likely for me to mate someone to the wrong dragon (though mistakes do happen).

For your Bronze, a nice CB red, or even a red with a pretty lineage would work with her.

Oh, I use monogamous mates too - makes it much less likely for me to mate someone to the wrong dragon (though mistakes do happen).

For your Bronze, a nice CB red, or even a red with a pretty lineage would work with her.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I also prefer to have only one dragon of each species on my scroll, with some exceptions (i.e. dragons with alt sprites or different color variations like the stripes). I only want the one red dragon I already have, and since I've already mated him with my old/bright pink, he's not an option.

I currently have one bronze tinsel thanks to the Gifts of Tinsel thread. I've already gifted one back and hopefully will continue to move up the list and finally get all three colors.

While I do have my Silver hatchie, and I'm on someone's breeding list for another, I too have the same conundrum as you: Which to breed with him/her? My dragons also have permanent mates, and I'm trying to figure out, should I breed him/her with a White, or something more uncommon/rare? Or should I just try breeding Tinsel x Tinsel? huh.gif

Has anyone else's tinsels been breeding really badly the past few days? I bred about 15 of mine and didn't get a single tinsel egg.

I'm thinking we might have hit their population ceiling, just based off my own scroll. (I usually get a tinsel egg for every other one I breed.) Has this happened to anyone else...?

No problems here for me, yet, Kaini.

Waiting for my Bronze Tinsels to grow up and I do have two other Silver Tinsels to try in the next couple of day, so we'll see how it goes. I did do a breeding today and got a Silver Tinsel so maybe it's bad luck?

We must be getting pretty darn close to their over-bred limit though eh?

so maybe it's bad luck?

We must be getting pretty darn close to their over-bred limit though eh?

Maybe it is my bad luck. Though I have a feeling they won't keep breeding wonderfully forever.

I now have 3 silver tinsels and 3 bronzes. Now all I need are some golds (yeah, right lol)

It's amazing how common they're becoming, but I really wish people wouldn't have involved messy lineages into them. (Sorry, nice lineage addict now lol)

I haven't been able to breed a 5th gen in the whole time I've had my 4th gen bronze, yet my 7th gen breeds a shiny on the first try. :<

I own one Bronze. I really really want a Silver one though because they are just so pretty!

Also, my Bronze just won't produce another Bronze. I've bred her numerous times and I've either gotten a 'no interest/no egg produced', or an egg of the father's species.

:/

I have both Bronze and Silver Tinsels now, just need Gold. I think the results of this survey really show the gap between the people who have good things to trade and the people who don't. The biggest groups are people who have all three colours of Tinsels, and those who have no Tinsels at all. Interesting...

At the moment I have two Bronze Tinsel dragons and one Silver Tinsel. I'm waiting on an IOU Tinsel swap for a Gold Tinsel though.

Lol, I just missed a 4th gen stairstep Bronze Tinsel (descended from Embers) in the AP. blink.gifbiggrin.gif The person who caught it must be entirely beside himself/herself with glee. laugh.gif

As for me, today, I finally completed my set of Tinsels as well. cool.gif Nearly two weeks ago, I bred a 3rd gen Silver, which I managed to trade for a 6th gen stairstep Silver Tinsel and a 6th gen stairstep Bronze Tinsel. They were my first Tinsels ever. And today, after spending nearly all week catching CB Stripes and mostly trading them for CB Blacks, I was able to trade for a 4th gen stairstep Gold Tinsel (for 2 CB Stripe hatchlings and 4 CB Black eggs). I'm really happy that all of my hard work paid off - I'm looking forward to relaxing soon, after I have finished back paying back some very kind people that had glomped me. happy.gif

Bronze and a growing silver here. I expect to have a gold in a couple of weeks. smile.gif

I have one Bronze so far (will grow up tonight). It was a glomp gift, totally unexpected and absolutely epic!

One day I will have something good enough to trade for a Silver and Gold. But unless I'm happy with this sweet one wink.gif

Only have 2 Bronze ones here, need to acquire Silver and Gold.

Occasionally I offer Bronze eggs as gifts to the unfortunate. I don't like the ridiculous trades!

Asking for a CB Gold for a 9th Gen Tinsel is wacked rolleyes.gif

I haven't had any luck catching CB Golds for myself so I really don't think I'd trade it, but maybe that's just me...