DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't have any tinsels, and though it would be nice to have them to complete my scroll, I'm not a really big fan of them. I like the eggs, and hatchlings, but I don't really like the adults. If I snagged a CB silver or gold, there's no way I'd give it up for a tinsel. It took me a year and a half to snap up my one and only precious gold dragon, no way would I give up another, were I so lucky, for a tinsel egg. smile.gif

i had none then i got all 3 in about 2 days xd.png

i posted in the tinsel gifting thread and got a bronze

i was glomp gifted a silver

and then another person randomly gifted me a gold and bronze

just waiting for the 2 bronze and gold to grow up, i plan on breeding them all

gold is going to be bred with my christmas ribbon dancer if he genders male :3

if not i'll try with the silver

one bronze will be with a cb vine as per her lineage and the other i'm thinking maybe a black stripe (i have a stripeX black dorkface pair that i can create a offspring of)

any recomendations for the silver if the goldXchristmas works out?

i'm actually starting to like the pairing of silver and Spotted Greenwings cause they are next to each other on my scroll

Edited by darkshadow5392

I used to dream about getting tinsels and now I have a bunch. o__o; Last one is the gold tinsel, though.

Just got my first one, a Silver step with mostly holiday mates. I'm seeing a LOT of tinsels offered on the Metallic and Rare trading threads, so if I get a good group of uncommon or BSA hatchies I'll probably try again. smile.gif

I was graciously gifted a Silver and Gold Tinsel from kind fellows, some time ago. I've been trying to gift any offspring that comes about to follow suite =] Feels good.

I don't have any. I probably won't ever get any at this rate as people only give them to their "hoity-toitey" friends that care about lineage. -.-

I have a couple of each now thanks to lovely gifters, hopefully they'll start producing so I can keep the gifting going ^^

I don't have any. I probably won't ever get any at this rate as people only give them to their "hoity-toitey" friends that care about lineage. -.-

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=120415&st=0

i got mine from 3 random people i have never spoken to before ;D

currently the thread is frozen for a short amount of time due to backlog of information

I had to trade for all of my tinsels (Bronzes + 1 Silver) but I don't have any low gen. Tinsels. Just high gens that won't breed for me >.< Ah well. They're still very pretty.

Had none about a month ago. Got one through IOU trading, then traded off the offspring for others. Offspring of those for others and so on and so on. Now I have more than enough of bronze and silvers and plan to gift off the rest of their offspring. (:

That is not true. That may have been somewhat true originally, but there are a lot of generous people gifting them now that they are getting around to more people. I have gifted several to people who were not my "hoity-toitey friends" and will continue to do so.

I got my bronze as a surprise gift (thus her name), and the other two bronze are self bred.

The silver, I traded for 10 purples and a red. It's hard and time consuming, but worth it. I really wanted a descendant of that lineage, so I was more than pleased to work hard for it.

I just wish more people would be willing to trade like that. I don't mind being enslaved for a couple of weeks raising hatchlings, but I just can't get a CB black to trade for a CB gold (if I had a CB black, I wouldn't trade it for anything).

I've managed to scrape together three silvers a bronze and a gold. My very first one pure luck as I traded my two CB silvers and got a silver egg to trade with. Since then I've been working on building my supply so that I can gift tinsels at random, something I enjoy doing. I just wait until I get my personal quota first so I have plenty to work with.

I don't feel particularly inclined to gift to people who gripe and complain and accuse all while lumping everyone who owns a Tinsel into the same category of 'greedy hoarders asking impossible trades'. That kind of generalization is not fair and plain rude.

I got lucky, so I will make sure someone else does too in the near future. happy.gif

currently i have three adult tinsels ( one gold, one silver, one bronze) one frozen bronze hatchie, and two growing hatchies. ( the silver i definitive will let grow up. i am debating whether or not to freeze the little gold. )

I try and gift my eggs, or trade them for more common eggs that i can use/need for lineages i am working on. (or hatchies to freeze, i like to freeze one per kind, except for limited holiday dragons. )

Igot 4 eggs out of 5 breedings today....they are common. Thats it.

I have 6 Tinsels now (2 Bronze, 3 Silver, 1 Gold) and they've all given me a healthy number of eggs, mostly shinies. I've dropped them all to the AP to spread the shiny love. ^^;

I was gifted one Tinsel, a Gold from a super nice ARK lister. The rest have come from my original Silver, Extrinsic Mist. That poor boy has been IOU'd to death, and I have finally filled my last IOU. I got him by trading a CB Silver (2nd one I have ever caught).

I keep the first baby from each of my Tinsels. The resulting offspring from those first babies are my "gift" eggs. They are given out on TGT.

Any eggs after that from my "starter" Tinsels are used for trading to build up my Tinsel collection.

I have a gold, and I am waiting on an IOU for a silver. Hopefully, if I ever get another gold tinsel egg I can trade it for a bronze.

The order I got my first of each tinsel was a little backwards. :P

Right now, I have two golds, three silvers (two hatchlings: one male, one not gendered yet) and a single bronze

I traded my first bred celery-portal* Tinsel for that Bronze. Her name is Cluster F-Bomb. XD

I was never on any of the Tinsel lists- I can't be bothered to deal with that sort of stuff lol.

*That's what I call eggs bred from You're Gifting With Portals and I'm Wearing A Vegetable. XD BECAUSE I CAN

I finally have one of each and I'm now working on 2 of each then getting one of each to my mom then finally one each frozen hatchling. Then I'll start giving them away to people who don't have any.

so what would you guys say are you favorite mates appearance wise for the tinsels?

i have one bronze that will have a vine due to lineage

another bronze will go with a black stripe

but i can't decide on mates for my gold and silver (their lineages aren't in any order so i can go with whatever)

i wanted the gold with my ribbon dancer but they refused dry.gif

I think they should be easier to get now, if you are after one just check out the trades. You may end up with a longer gen or messier lineaged one but then only paying some normal hatchies and not the earth is a good way to get one :)If you are after the nicer and shorter lineages (which we all are) then it will take time and a higher price to get it wink.gif

I have all of them. 4 Gold adults, 6 Silver adults and 6 Bronze adults. also some eggs and hatchlings. I have traded only for my 1st Bronze, all the others were gifts. I am dreaming to have a 2nd gen one day...

I have three gold adults, three silver adults, and five bronzes. I'm not going to keep the silver egg on my scroll right now. The first one I got was the silver x blue nebula. I traded for all of my tinsels except the bronze hatchling I have right now.

Thanks to two very generous people, I now have one of each color!