DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Am I the only one who likes them common? No ones said they were supposed to be rare. they bred like rares at the start, but that means nothing. I never traded anything I wouldn't regret for one. I knew they would become much more common and lose "value".

I guess my count would be 28 bronzes, 9 silvers, 8 golds (all related because I can only get a gold from one of the original CBs). I stopped trading them and just really breed my bronzes since I like them best.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

I have a Silver and three Bronzes- one caught in the AP, and the rest gifted.

I love 'em, and I only get irked when someone has about 10,000 of each colour but still grab any they see- think of people like I used to be, who have no Rares at all! Give them a chance to grab something nice for once...

I have 1 Gold, 1 Bronze and 3 Silver. They are quite common, but I would give whatever I can breed for more Even-Gens! I don't really care for the stairstep lineages much (although they are easier to get) and I hate the spiral lineages.

And now I have one bronze, one silver and one gold.

Tinsels are now a little too easy to get. Everyone's breeding them! (Got my gold tinsel from a CB Shadow Walker... -wut!)

I expect the population to crash soon A;A

I expect the population to crash soon A;A

Gawd, I hope not!

Why shouldn't they be relatively common?

They were Prize dragons that were luckily allowed to breed so that everyone could have a chance of getting the sprites.

This also avoids people being upset that only a very small group got any Tinsels in the first place, and thereby also reduces objections to any competitions of this type in the future.

And frankly, my nicer dragons don't produce well at all, and I'm avoiding breeding my messiest Tinsels now because I'm finally producing more due to numbers and I STILL have a ginormous gifting list to get through!

So I'm really hoping that they continue to breed well and that we have more Prize dragons every year, of different sprites.

But this is only fun when you get offspring anyway, even if CB's are only obtained by a small pool of people, through breeding at decent levels.

Otherwise, it just outright sucks for the many left out.

At the time of my vote, I have 2 growing Bronze, and 1 growing Silver.

All 3 of them were gifts--a random one, in the silver's case (making that wishlist in my profile paid off).

I am probably going to regret doing this, but oh well...

If there is someone on this thread who has not received or is upset because they have been hard to come by... I will make the following offer. If you can read my profile and follow the instructions I will start a Breeding my second tier tinsels for grabs. That means I put all your names on a list, breed at random from my second tier tinsels (there is nothing wrong with them. I just either made a mistake or there are lineage pretty issues or haven't found the right mate yet etc), set up a teleport with egg and whoever grabs it first gets it and they are knocked off the list. My second tier tinsels are the ones not at the top but above Chaos Nixon who is awesome but inbred with lots of character. If you view any of these tinsels as sub par you. Should not PM Me.

I imagine by now most wishes have been filled but people are still without otherwise I would not be reading these posts. No you may not pick and choose and no I will not start lists for the others. I reserve the right to stop this at any time. PS there are a bunch of other threads for Tinsel gifting too.

At the moment I have;

Two Bronze Tinsels

One Silver Tinsel

Two Gold Tinsels

I'm hoping to get a second silver tinsel though, as to complete my male female set of each.

They're becoming highly common. Even Lower Gen ones are getting harder to trade!

I have:

- 2 Gold (Both from Gold Epica, but different Lineages)

- 5 Silver (1 Deadline from Inextrica & Erno, 3 From Erno, 1 from Penk)

- 5 Bronze (3 from Bronze Ivy, 1 from censorkip.gif, 1 from Brazen Zalvaris)

Anyone who's doesn't have a Tinsel yet (in any of the three colors), feel free to contact me. I don't mind breeding mine for gifting. They give me Tinsels often. I want to share the love. n_n

I managed to catch one bronze on the ap, and the silver I have was a gift from a friend. Still on the lookout for a gold tinsel to complete my collection.

I have all three.

1 gold (the rest I gift away) from Gold Epica

2 silver (I planned to gift one but someone didn't pick it up in time)

1 from Abby

1 from Penk

and... 6 bronze. (there Dorkface and Thuwed mixed in here somewhere...)

3 from Cayvn

2 from censorkip.gif

1 from Roreng Freshly Baked WaffleWing

check my scroll if you want a closer look... I gave a vague description of what they are xd.png I'm gifting the rest I breed usually... when I figure I need to that is. That's been every time I successfully breed one too xd.png

It has been some time since I posted last. However, in that time, I have acquired mulitples of each Tinsel. If eggs/hatchlings are included, then I currently have eleven Bronze, nine Silver, and five Gold. I'm always looking for more if the Tinsel has a lineage I like, but I am pretty content right now.

I think I had none or one Bronze when I voted, now I have two Bronze, two Silver and one Gold Tinsel and even 4 frozen hatchlings because no one wanted them and I didn't want more adults (and the gendered hatchlings are pretty cute).

Finally got a gold! And hence, finally voted in the poll. I hadn't voted before because I didn't want it to be inaccurate when I finally got all 3. tongue.gif

I have 2 Gold, 5 Silver, and 4 Bronze. Plus one Bronze egg that is still cooking.

The two Gold Tinsels are the worst breeders I have on my scroll. Both are females, and both have refused rare CB mates. (Black and Vine, respectively.) I almost don't want to breed either of them any more, because it seems like a wasted mating for the CB Black and Vine. Even my Regular Golds aren't that picky.

The Silvers and Bronzes are much better breeders. Even if they don't throw tinsels, they usually give me something. And only one (a Bronze) has refused their mate.

High-gen tinsels are getting tough to trade. That's because they're pretty easy to find, especially those descended from Penk, Erno, Gold Epica, and the other more common lines. On the other hand, if you managed to get a Tinsel offspring descended from booo, or a second gen from any of the original prize dragons, they would still be counted as really rare and people would be teh jealous.

It's all a matter of supply and demand. There's a big supply of high-gen Tinsels, so the only people who are really after them are those who have no Tinsels or no Tinsels of that color. The people who already have several Tinsels are looking for lower gen, less prolific lines. For instance, I'd place a higher value on my 6th Gen San Victorus Bronze than on my 7th Gen Gold Epica Gold. Why? It's more difficult to find a San Victorious Bronze than it is to find a Gold Epica Gold.

It also depends on which mates are used in the Tinsel lines. Vines, Nebulas and Blacks are some of the rarest non-metallic dragons, but nearly every Tinsel in existence has a line that uses them. My wishlist includes Tinsel lines that have Pillow x Tinsel pairings (OMG fluffy and shiny!) and Frill x Tinsel pairings. Rarer mates for the Tinsels can also increase their value.

To compare, look at the non-tinsel Metallics. Some users who don't have any Silvers at all will take one with a huge, ugly lineage and be overjoyed. Those users who have 10 Silvers and 10 Golds already are only looking for low-gen, clean lineaged metallics. Long time DC'ers look at lineage a lot more, and tend to be more picky when offering for trades and the like.

Low-gen Tinsels with rare mates will always be a hot commodity. But there are enough high-gen, messy Tinsels to go around. wink.gif

Edited by MindsEye

When I voted I had none, but now I have 1 silver and 6 bronze. All I need is a gold and I'll be content.

Tinsels are getting pretty easy to get. They always seem to be in the AP, so if you don't have a tinsel, I would recommend stalking the AP for about an hour and you'll probably grab one of two if you're quick

I have a hatchling of each ( they are going to die soon if they get no clicks! ) I didn't even hope to get a tinsel but someone pm me after I had asked ( in the newbie gifting thread ) for a magi dragon egg or a mint dragon egg. Anyways they pmed me With an offer on one of the each of the tinsels as hatchlings in a transfer! I accepted but was very shocked, I have only beenon here for a few days but I know that tinsels are important.