Saartje

Lineage Advice

That's a Magi. (: Here's a very helpful guide about eggs, hatchies, and what they grow into. I think they look very nice with Golden-horned Tangars, and also Albinos and Golden Wyverns.

Nope, the lineage of a dragon does not affect the actual dragon at all. It does impact their trading value though, but that's a forums thing.

Since you're new and all, I suggest getting a mentor. ^^

yeah i just kinda headdesked at my sweetling and GW, but atleast i have enough to create another for him. and yeah i do whink i might go with the green nebbie, i have a soft spot for nebbies anyways.

talk about dragons refusing *shakes head* i finally got a cb female stripe for my pretty bronze but she refused him totally, i was almost tempted to try to turn her into a zombie lmao

the Royal Blues or Deep Seas would be a good indego imo

Hm... let's try this, then. ohmy.gif

Blue: Royal Blue/Water/Guardian (whichever I can get a hold of first, between Water and Guardian)

Indigo: Thunder/Deep Sea/Ridgewing

Violet: Ridgewing/Purple/Horse

Here's my main problem.

Looking up 'indigo' comes up with blue if you look at dyes; it's considered blue-violet if you use it as a color. Therefore, a Ridgewing female- which has both blue and violet- would make a good choice, theoretically, for indigo.

However, it also looks like a dark violet.

So, should Ridgewings go in Indigo, or violet? If it goes in violet, it's going to kick out the Purple, which is otherwise a really sharp contrast to the Horse. If it goes in Indigo, I'll figure out which one I'm gonna kick.

you also have the Nebulas as an option for Green, Blue, Purple and Red smile.gif

@KuraiKitty

To be honest, I don't think any of the DC dragons are indigo. They are close, like you said, but not quite there. They are either the right colour but not dark enough, or too blue and no purple.

Then again, maybe you can kick ridgewing altogether. Use Thunder/Deep sea for Indigo and Purple/Horse for violet. And I'd suggest not using Royal Blue for blue since it's too close to Thunder if you're using thunder as Indigo.

Will that work?

Edited by hat17

@Red2111: My issue with Nebulas is that it throws off the PB look. With males and females defaulting as different colors even when they both alt, it skews the color scheme and makes it moot.

Trust me, I wanted to do Black as the final color, with Nebulas and Blacks, but that didn't prove to be feasible.

@hat17: Thanks! I'll do that. :3

----

-kicks the Royal Blues out-

Awesome. That leaves...

Final list:

Red: Red or Sunstone/Ember

Orange: Magi/Magma

Yellow: Golden Wyvern/Sunsong or Harvest

Green: Pebbles/BBW or Terrae

Blue: Water/Guardian

Indigo: Thunder/Deep Sea

Violet: Purple/Horse

White: White Stripe/Pillow

2nd Gen: PB R O Y G B I V W

3rd Gen: RxR (♂)*, OxO (♀), YxY (♂), GxG (♀), BxB (♂), IxI (♀), VxV (♂), WxW (♀)

4th gen: RxO (♂), YxG (♀), BxI (♂), VxW (♀)

5th Gen: RO x YG (♂), BI x VW (♀)

6th Gen: ROYG x BIVW

*Keeping track of the genders to figure out what generation has to be what, in order to line them up nicely. (♂), for instance, denotes the need for the offspring of that pair to be male.

Gotta get Deep Sea, Horse, and Water dragons. I don't have any of those. o_o''

Edited by KuraiKitty

i have a deep sea egg if you wanted to trade something for it?

~Eggspam removed~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Deep Sea, Horse and Water are easy enough to get. You can even hunt the AP for horses. tongue.gif

Another thought. If thunder prove difficult (they might, consider they are the trio, but who knows), you can probably use electric instead, if their lightnings didn't bother you. Just little 2 cents.

(You can use Excel to draw the plan out, or I think there's a template thing in Even-gen thread, that you can use to paste your own plans and track what needs to be what. Probably be easier than writing them like you did. cool.gif )

Edited by hat17

Does anyone have an idea of what to breed to this?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/D7Obr

a 2nd gen for sure, with it's parents being a pink colored dragon and gold colored dragon or Nebula.

i'd do a Pink or Valentine 09 and Gold Wyvren combo to get a GW egg personally

that way it turns into a type of spiral type lineage.

what do ya;ll think about this lineage smile.gif

i didn't realize teh Nebbie's lineage matched Minnies so well until i had bred them. very please at the outcome though and happy that they accepted one another so well too. she's the newest gold and the first to produce on my scroll <3

I have this egg if I get no stellar offers I am thinking to keep it to breed these together

what looks better the gold I have now influenced

Male >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> or female

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Merenwen

I don't have too strong a preference one way or another since that lineage is just so nice, but I'll go with a female 3rd gen Gold. Since Golds are so bright, I feel like they should be kind of spread out so as not to overload a particular area with shiny. Hm...maybe I'll make some more mock-ups of the lineage so I can really see which version I like better.

thanks, yeah I was a little mad that I bred it wrong, but then noticed how very pretty it was, I love BBW. Gonna do female, I noticed I have a lot more male than female golds so that was the deciding factor laugh.gif

my GW and Green Nebbie liked eachother and produced a GW egg, which i've influenced Female to get the look i want.

i think she'll look very nice paired with my swetling. link smile.gif

thanks for all the help ya'll

Edited by Red2111

I got given a gold by a wonderful person, but... I don't know what on earth to mate him to since he's got a frill mother.

Suggestions? >..<

I got given a gold by a wonderful person, but... I don't know what on earth to mate him to since he's got a frill mother.

Suggestions? >..<

a Vine/GW pairing would look good, especially if the GW was a female

or a GoldxHoliday/Old Pink would work well too. GoldxRibbon Dancer would be espeically pretty imo

if you aiming for a SS rather and a even gen, i'd pair the gold up with a CB vine personally if you didn't have a CB Frill to breed it with.

Edited by Red2111

I'm having a little trouble trying to find a mate who would look good with this Gold. Any suggestions?

I'm having a little trouble trying to find a mate who would look good with this Gold. Any suggestions?

maybe something like this

1st gen

GW x Black = Male GW

Black x GW = Female Black

Green/Purple Nebula x Female Holiday = Green/Purple Nebula

Green/Purple Nebula x Female Holiday = Red/Blue Nebula

2nd gen

Male GW x Female Black = Male GW

Green/Purple Nebula x Red/Blue Nebula = Red/Blue Nebula

3rd gen

Male GW x Red/Blue Nebula = Female GW

that way the color scheme is kept, but theres a different twist on it. for the Holiday, i'd see if you could get the same variations used, or see if you can get a regular and spriters alt (the two Rosebud Alts would look georgous in that btw)

with the Nebbies, you can either keep with the sprites used, or mix it up by adding in the alts.

a Vine/GW pairing would look good, especially if the GW was a female

or a GoldxHoliday/Old Pink would work well too. GoldxRibbon Dancer would be espeically pretty imo

if you aiming for a SS rather and a even gen, i'd pair the gold up with a CB vine personally if you didn't have a CB Frill to breed it with.

I wasn't sure whether to try to find an even-gen mate or try to stairstep it, myself, especially since I have no discontinued or breedable holiday dragons at all.

Not that I'd be able to personally grab a gold from the cave to make an even-gen mate with... I'd have to rely on a magical 2nd gen snap-up from one of the departure threads, the direct kindness of someone else, or spend a long time trying to scrape up eggs/hatchlings that would be acceptable to trade for that kind of shiny goodness. I've been lurking in the threads where metallic trades get offered, and it's very difficult for a newbie like me to meet those kinds of needs.

Thus, I'd resigned myself to leaving him unmated for the months it would take me to build up my scroll if I chose the even-gen route, or pairing him with a potentially unacceptable common for the stair. Quite a dilemma.

@Khallayne: Oh my! I never expected anyone to just offer like that. o..0 Thank you!

maybe something like this

1st gen

GW x Black = Male GW

Black x GW = Female Black

Green/Purple Nebula x Female Holiday = Green/Purple Nebula

Green/Purple Nebula x Female Holiday = Red/Blue Nebula

2nd gen

Male GW x Female Black = Male GW

Green/Purple Nebula x Red/Blue Nebula = Red/Blue Nebula

3rd gen

Male GW x Red/Blue Nebula = Female GW

that way the color scheme is kept, but theres a different twist on it. for the Holiday, i'd see if you could get the same variations used, or see if you can get a regular and spriters alt (the two Rosebud Alts would look georgous in that btw)

with the Nebbies, you can either keep with the sprites used, or mix it up by adding in the alts.

Trouble with that is, I've only got one CB Black, no CB Nebs and the only CB Holidays I have are the Heartseekers, which are male. It's a nice idea, though, and, if I'm able to get any Nebs, then I'll try it out.

I could try to breed you a male frill x golden wyvern, Kith. :3

Awww, you guys are awesome!

Now I don't know whether to take you up on that or go for Khall's. Decisions, decisions! blink.gif

I'm honestly not certain which would be better - both seem like very sound propositions, and I don't want both of you to be put out of your way for it. Wouldn't be right. >..<

Edit: I wish there was a way for me to see the possibilities and try to make a decision for myself. The only lineage tracker I can find requires the codes be known, and while I know the one for mine, hypothetical mates are... problematic.

Edited by Kith